The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Medical care in Russia - third world standards ?  (Read 11409 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Medical care in Russia - third world standards ?
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2017, 11:30:33 AM »
He should have the balls to name and shame the city concerned rather than tar the whole country with the same brush.. IMHO.

:thumbsup:

Agree 100%.

As Rosco mentioned medical care in the UK can vary drastically from rural to city.

It’s the same here in the USA. Where I’m at is hit or miss but mostly mediocre. About two and a half hours away is world class if you’ve got the $$. I can go about two hours to a Veterans hospital which some aspects are excellent like ER for heart but surgeries could be hit or miss again.

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2017, 11:39:57 AM »
With money, anything is possible in Moscow. Depending on where her father is, I think good private care is also available in Novosibirsk. That Russian healthcare is dying a slow death, seems an overly negative and pessimistic assessment, but pretty typical for the Moscow Times from what I’ve seen. That being said, the public system in Russia isn’t probably able to meet the expectations of care you have for your girlfriend’s father. For this, you’ll need to find good private care, which isn’t necessarily available in the city he’s located. In my experience, any Russian who can afford it has private insurance, or ponies up the cost needed to get access to the private system which is on par with anything available in Europe. I wish you well and hope you can find a satisfactory solution to your situation!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2017, 01:52:07 AM »
With money, anything is possible in Moscow. Depending on where her father is, I think good private care is also available in Novosibirsk. That Russian healthcare is dying a slow death, seems an overly negative and pessimistic assessment, but pretty typical for the Moscow Times from what I’ve seen. That being said, the public system in Russia isn’t probably able to meet the expectations of care you have for your girlfriend’s father. For this, you’ll need to find good private care, which isn’t necessarily available in the city he’s located. In my experience, any Russian who can afford it has private insurance, or ponies up the cost needed to get access to the private system which is on par with anything available in Europe. I wish you well and hope you can find a satisfactory solution to your situation!

Along with the local medical care as provided by the govt to everyone in other cities all over RU.

Medical care in Russia is slowly but surely improving throughout the country..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 04:22:22 PM »
4 rules for choosing medical care in Russia

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/326864-how-choosing-medical-care
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 05:46:50 AM »
That article summarised in a few words: this article was written for a company called Medicina who recommend that you use only Medicina for all your health needs.

Not editorial. Hardly even advertorial. Marketing in Russia still has some way to go. I bet that most targeted readers of that piece who are seriously interested in arranging health care will have reacted negatively to the presentation. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Registration