The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How do FSUW get the idea of leaving home to marry a foreigner?  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: How do FSUW get the idea of leaving home to marry a foreigner?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 12:45:33 PM »
He didn’t say it would last. About attracting someone with money that is.

Ah, I see. Yikes, that would appear a terrible waste of resources.

"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
Only thing to ad to Steve Boys list:

3: understanding and respect of each others culture difference and ideas and expectations.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2017, 03:35:55 AM »
Very very few women in Russia or Ukraine would even consider leaving their home country, it is a tiny percentage and even fewer now..
There will always be someone from every country who believes the grass is greener on the other side, and of course with all the Hollywood bullshit over the last 20 or so years a few years back the USA was a land of milk and honey..unfortunately many young women realise today it is far from the land of milk and honey..

It takes a certain type of women to leave her home for a man , and those type of women are disappearing very fast..

Today if you really want to take a women from her home country you need usually 1 of 2 things:

1. Real love.

2. Lots of money.

And it takes lots and lots of real love for a women to leave her country for a man with not so much.. :money:

I know for sure many women are curious about foreigners but that is all..a few weeks chatting to foreigners online is enough to put most of for a life time.. :chuckle:

As for catching a nice women from Moscow, I would say forget it unless you have plenty of cash for sure will not want to move in some bedsit and eat hamburgers for the rest of her life..

The best option is to move to her country...life in Russia is 10000 times better than the US for sure.. :thumbsup:

Steveboy, I don't mean to argue, but are you suggesting that a successful marriage can be built on a foundation of 'lots of money?' It seems to me that the 'real love' part is essential to a successful marriage. Then again, I've never been married so what do I know? But if the money runs out, then what? 

I think a lot of people who don't have money feel that if they did, they'd have more friends, relationships, etc. In actuality, the converse is true: the more means you have (the more generous you are), the less friends and relationships you'll have. Go figure...

I do agree strongly with your point of a bachelor establishing himself in his lady's country of origin. When I consider the roles reversed, I find myself horrified at the prospect of leaving everything I know behind. I think I'd feel considerably more comfortable if my partner owned some property in my neighborhood.

But if the money runs out, then what?  When the money runs out she leaves you...No money no honey..

Of course Im not saying every women needs a man with money or needs any money...but generally they will leave you especially if they are from Ukraine...but thats the same for any country if you marry a Gold digger..I guess its just harder for a wealthy guy to find a women who loves him for himself and not his money..

As I always say if your planning to meet a women best keep the presents very very very small from the first meeting..

Lots of young women who marry older wealthy guys are only thinking one thing day after day and that is "When is this old **** going to die"  :sick0012:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2017, 10:35:30 AM »
But if the money runs out, then what?  When the money runs out she leaves you...No money no honey..

Of course Im not saying every women needs a man with money or needs any money...but generally they will leave you especially if they are from Ukraine...but thats the same for any country if you marry a Gold digger..I guess its just harder for a wealthy guy to find a women who loves him for himself and not his money..

As I always say if your planning to meet a women best keep the presents very very very small from the first meeting..

Lots of young women who marry older wealthy guys are only thinking one thing day after day and that is "When is this old **** going to die"  :sick0012:

Point well taken. Your sentiment reminds me of model Anna Nicole Smith's wedlock to oil baron J. Howard Marshall. Last laugh was on her though, she closed up shop at age 39.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Mr strange

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2017, 11:26:25 AM »
If you are clear of the expectations and ideas prior to getting her to your country then you are both aware of where you stand when it comes to money and who supports who in that area. Is she just a spoiled princess in her mind waiting for the man to keep doing that then good luck.

Search for Anfisa and Jorge for the stereo type on what not to do.

Jorge convicted fellon impresses Anfisa with pictures and spends money after money painting the wrong stuff into her 20 year old head.

For keeping the income study Bob Proctor to change your habits and thoughts on how to make money. A lack of study on that makes the money run out or stuck into where you are being ignorant in M1.  The are 3 methods to make money M1 trade your time for it never make it big, M2 invest to make money done by pros only, M3 multiple incomes replaces yearly income into monthly.

Decide to do it. Finding the way for M3 that works for you.

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:12 AM »
He didn’t say it would last. About attracting someone with money that is.

The famous words of forum moderator and author of
the ten commandments/tablets of stone Leslied said,   

"Don't be surprised if you catch gold diggers when
you use money as bait." 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

How do FSUW get the idea of leaving home to marry a foreigner?
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 08:39:20 AM »

Today if you really want to take a women from her home country you need usually 1 of 2 things:

1. Real love.

2. Lots of money.

I'd recommend the True love option

The best option is to move to her country...life in Russia is 10000 times better than the US for sure.. :thumbsup:

:laugh:

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »
In my experience (and I have lots of it!) the worst possible strategy is to attract an FSU woman with money  (:)

A nightmare of pain awaits a wealthy man who attracts a poor woman with displays of wealth. It is the usual prerequisite for a train wreck...

Take the time to build a real relationship based on love and mutual respect.  Marriages built that way last.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »

Whilst you’re entitled to disagree with my opinion, it doesn’t mean I’m wrong. You say most people can’t travel to most countries but from the accounts of my wife’s friends, they travel the world extensively including Europe & the US.

So, you just proved my point - you ARE wrong - in the context of Russian women  - particularly.  More later

Perhaps your experience with a middle aged woman with little reason to return after her trip, has made you feel otherwise.

??  Normally such women have more 'roots' ( kids?) than a twenty-something...  Anyway I based my point on the twenty-somethings I experience in RU v the twenty-somethings in the UK

Looking at social media tells us that traveling is seen as a lifestyle choice to many of these folks. It might well be aspirational due to cash but it does happen often. Which is exactly my original point.

Now, we come to the point you WERE wrong about ....  I pointed out that many Russian people simply cannot travel outside CIS nations - they had to had back their Intl. passports - as their jobs in the Civil Service - like Police, Fire, etc., meant they are now not allowed to visit these places  - hence my 'great for business' post

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 01:49:41 AM »
I’m not wrong and answering you once again, is the only way to discredit your argumentative gibberish.

I know much more about the lifestyles of 20 something FSU folks than you ever will and I’ve already told you why. If my wifes friends & ex uni mates are extensively travelling Europe, north/South America and beyond with many settling, then I’m most certainly NOT wrong!

Middle aged woman are more likely to appear desperate with little reason to return and may well be worse of in the eyes of immigration. Believe it or not, some even settle for mentally deranged foreigners due to the lack of alternatives.

You tell us they cant travel - I’ve proven they do.  :'(