The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Multiple entry business visa  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
Multiple entry business visa
« on: August 05, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
I've been looking at different visa types in a bid to ascertain the most cost effective way of visiting Russia while avoiding the, apparent, need to visit the application centre with each application (according to VFS FAQs), I noticed that a multiple entry business visa would be best suited to my needs.

Reading Way to Russia, it appears that for £106 they'll send me the visa support documents which is effectively the invitation however I'm wondering, would I be asked to prove that I work for a company that operates in Russia or is it safe to say that it doesn't matter and the invitation will be more than sufficient and I don't need proof of employment requiring Russian travel.

I'm only thinking about this route as if I go to Russia 3 times over 12 months, a single visit visa will cost me £325.20 plus travel and time off work to go to London whereas a multiple entry business visa would cost £356.40 and I'd break even after a 4 visit.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Multiple entry business visa
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:08:25 PM »
May I suggest go the first time on a tourist visa and see if Russia is for you.

If the country agrees with you there are a multiple number of options for subsequent visits that can be cost effective.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 06:33:55 PM »
I've been looking at different visa types in a bid to ascertain the most cost effective way of visiting Russia while avoiding the, apparent, need to visit the application centre with each application (according to VFS FAQs), I noticed that a multiple entry business visa would be best suited to my needs.

Reading Way to Russia, it appears that for £106 they'll send me the visa support documents which is effectively the invitation however I'm wondering, would I be asked to prove that I work for a company that operates in Russia or is it safe to say that it doesn't matter and the invitation will be more than sufficient and I don't need proof of employment requiring Russian travel.

I'm only thinking about this route as if I go to Russia 3 times over 12 months, a single visit visa will cost me £325.20 plus travel and time off work to go to London whereas a multiple entry business visa would cost £356.40 and I'd break even after a 4 visit.

You still need to go to and get you fingerprints done first though, London or Manchester I think. My last visa cost me nearly £600, multi-business, ironically it was for business and only made one trip.as it happened. That was 2015. All these courier companies do is very docs about - they can't do the fingerprints.

All they're after is money, the company invitation thing is a scam by the Russian Government to do their best to prevent tourism of any sort, despite promoting tourism officially.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Poldark

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:57:39 AM »
You still need to go to and get you fingerprints done first though, London or Manchester I think. My last visa cost me nearly £600, multi-business, ironically it was for business and only made one trip.as it happened. That was 2015. All these courier companies do is very docs about - they can't do the fingerprints.

All they're after is money, the company invitation thing is a scam by the Russian Government to do their best to prevent tourism of any sort, despite promoting tourism officially.
Going there once for a 12 month visa doesn't bother me as much as constantly going up to London for each visit (it'd eat into vacation time more than the holidays). I'm doing the standard tourist visa again this time and hopefully if I enjoy the visit, I'll go down the business visa route.

The latter part doesn't make sense to me, why would they promote tourism but also not want it? ??? basically it's a scheme sanctioned by the government and I wouldn't be asked for additional information outside of the invitation I'd buy?

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »

Going there once for a 12 month visa doesn't bother me as much as constantly going up to London for each visit (it'd eat into vacation time more than the holidays). I'm doing the standard tourist visa again this time and hopefully if I enjoy the visit, I'll go down the business visa route.

The latter part doesn't make sense to me, why would they promote tourism but also not want it? ??? basically it's a scheme sanctioned by the government and I wouldn't be asked for additional information outside of the invitation I'd buy?

It's a Raskolnikovian schism.

Basically a left over from Soviet times and the general Russian tendency to make everything as difficult as possible.

Added to that the current Anglo-Russian fall-out and tit-for-tat difficulties that twist it further. 10 years ago my UK government security clearance went thought no bother, last year but one, I was questioned and interviewed about my Russian partner, mine and her loyalties despite the fact it was ok before and we've lived together for 14 years or so.

Not sure any more but I think you still have to register too when you get there within a set number of days (was three). Easy at an official hotel, almost impossible at OVIR if not. We wasted a whole day at OVIR, people have been declared missing going in there, only to be found still in a queue thirty years later.

Even for a tourist visa you need an invite from a tourist company, included in the Consular service but not mentioned in the visa costings, starts to mount up.

You're in for a rude awakening, enjoy it!
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »

Not sure any more but I think you still have to register too when you get there within a set number of days (was three). Easy at an official hotel, almost impossible at OVIR if not. We wasted a whole day at OVIR, people have been declared missing going in there, only to be found still in a queue thirty years later.

Even for a tourist visa you need an invite from a tourist company, included in the Consular service but not mentioned in the visa costings, starts to mount up.

Ste, I can see you haven't tried for an RU visa for some time :chuckle:

1/ The OVIR's gone and it's been the Federal Migration Service which is now linked to the FSB

2/ You have 5 working days to register a visa - the responsibility of your host - if not staying at a hotel ( except during the World cup next year - when it's within 24 hours - if in one of the host cities)

3/ Registering is a doddle - except during the World Cup - as it can normally be done at a Post Office in minutes

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 02:42:30 PM »

Ste, I can see you haven't tried for an RU visa for some time :chuckle:

1/ The OVIR's gone and it's been the Federal Migration Service which is now linked to the FSB

2/ You have 5 working days to register a visa - the responsibility of your host - if not staying at a hotel ( except during the World cup next year - when it's within 24 hours - if in one of the host cities)

3/ Registering is a doddle - except during the World Cup - as it can normally be done at a Post Office in minutes
Except if you are in Crimea, although that was Aug' 2016.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria