The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: North Korea.  (Read 41173 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: North Korea.
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2017, 09:56:29 PM »

I have read some strange and whacky ideas on RUA, but this might be the winner for this year.

You DO remember Ukraine declared itself nuclear non-aligned - having the 3rd largest stock of Nukes in '91 ?

But it was OK - a few Nuked up nations said that they would project her integrity ...

That worked out well for them ........
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 02:45:24 AM »
Avhdb, please take more care. When you write it is convenient to make sure that you do not contradict yourself. (at least you did not pull the specious call to authority trick again)

As you pointed out, when trying to disagree with me, there is an armistice and the Koreans are not at war.

It is not the Koreans winding up the bellicosity.

Time to sleep it off old boy. The liver is less effective as one reaches early old age.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 08:23:04 PM »
Exclusive: Trump says 'major, major' conflict with North Korea possible, but seeks diplomacy

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN17U04E
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2017, 04:53:50 PM »
Time to evacuate.  It will be all over soon!

Prepare for what comes next

http://nypost.com/2017/05/08/anonymous-warns-world-to-prepare-for-world-war-3/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-could-preparing-electromagnetic-224138037.html

I don’t think we will survive another 1,000 years without escaping beyond our fragile planet
I think the development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/05/05/stephen-hawking-just-moved-up-humanitys-deadline-for-escaping-earth/?utm_term=.43e9a8aa8b28

Hasta la vista, baby    :chuckle:   :scared0005:  :o
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Texan77

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 10:21:19 PM »
Avhdb, please take more care. When you write it is convenient to make sure that you do not contradict yourself. (at least you did not pull the specious call to authority trick again)

As you pointed out, when trying to disagree with me, there is an armistice and the Koreans are not at war.

It is not the Koreans winding up the bellicosity.

Time to sleep it off old boy. The liver is less effective as one reaches early old age.

The armistice is a temporary cease fire and north Korea consider itself the only real government of the one Korea. This is about like the eastern Ukraine except with nuclear weapons and medium range missiles. I guess you would not call that a war neither would you. There is a ceasefire there also. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2019, 08:13:39 AM »
North Korea calls John Bolton a “defective human”.  :laugh:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1249183001

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
Kim Jong Un also said Biden was a "low IQ" person, so they have equal opportunity insults there.   :chuckle:

Saw the video program "Korea: the never ending war".  When the Japanese got booted out at the end of WW 2, they divided up the country just like Berlin.  Funny, when one group tries to take control of the whole map and then when you kick them out, all of the subjugated then emerge to take over the power vacuum.  However, they have to rely on the victors to try to get the upper hand over the other competing factions.  Three terms come out from that period.
38th parallel - let's just put a boundary line here.
Pusan perimeter - North Korea nearly takes over the entire peninsula
Landing at Inchon - a highly questionable offensive to cut the invading forces off from behind
 :fighting0025:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Manny

« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2019, 05:12:32 AM »
I’m contemplating a trip to North Korea later this year.  :nod:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2019, 07:55:01 AM »

I would NOT risk that! You’re a family man with others relying on you.  :coffeeread:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2019, 08:20:17 AM »
Unless the U.S starts dropping bombs on North Korea I am sure he will be perfectly safe - he won't do daft stuff like taking posters for souvenirs!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2019, 08:27:15 AM »
I like going to interesting countries but one that starved it's citizens...?

Not on my wish list
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2019, 08:56:00 AM »

If you need any close quarter protection just let me know.. But I don't come cheap!! You get what you pay for!! If a situation arrises I can get you out alive and in one piece  :laugh:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »

If you need any close quarter protection just let me know.. But I don't come cheap!! You get what you pay for!! If a situation arrises I can get you out alive and in one piece  :laugh:

You don’t know too much about N. Korean military training do you?

They’d quickly beat the phock out of you, then you’d be another Otto Warmbier and leave in a coma, if you even left at all.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2019, 10:02:57 AM »

They’d quickly beat the phock out of you, then you’d be another Otto Warmbier and leave in a coma, if you even left at all.

You think Im going to have some N Korean 4ft midget give me a hard time.. :ROFL:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2019, 10:18:07 AM »

You think Im going to have some N Korean 4ft midget give me a hard time.. :ROFL:

Just imagine that you are the board they’re smashing.  :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2019, 10:29:30 AM »

I would never put my self in the situation of being "the board" Christ they are bloody slow!! I would of grabbed his foot and broken it within a few seconds..  ;D

I would never put my self in the position of being "The board" they are as slow as hell.. I would of broken his foot by now.. :Zzzzsleep:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2019, 05:32:14 PM »

I would never put my self in the situation of being "the board" Christ they are bloody slow!! I would of grabbed his foot and broken it within a few seconds..  ;D

I would never put my self in the position of being "The board" they are as slow as hell.. I would of broken his foot by now.. :Zzzzsleep:

Bruce Lee famously said “boards don’t hit back”.

In your case you wouldn’t be hitting back either, after they pulverized you.  :chuckle:

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2019, 11:12:03 PM »
 Kim Jong Un executes officials of the failed nuke summit and send others to hard labor and re-education camps.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-koreas-kim-jong-un-carrying-out-purge-after-hanoi-summit-collapse-chosun-ilbo/ar-AAC9ZgJ?ocid=spartanntp
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2019, 03:11:37 AM »
Kim Jong Un executes officials of the failed nuke summit and send others to hard labor and re-education camps.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/north-koreas-kim-jong-un-carrying-out-purge-after-hanoi-summit-collapse-chosun-ilbo/ar-AAC9ZgJ?ocid=spartanntp

Yeah but I think it is a good idea..  :laugh:

They never did the job properly ... If that rule was applied to everyone life would be much better.. for a start the population would be halved and secondly everyone else would be doing their job as they are supposed to be doing..  nice one.. :ROFL:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2019, 06:46:37 AM »
A word to the wise, manny and steve: don't go accepting jobs as advisors or negotiators for the DPRK.

On the basis that such an opportunity is unlikely to be presented, one can infer that one is pretty safe in North Korea.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2019, 08:15:37 AM »
What I don't understand is these people who work for him in one way or another..

If I was one of these guys and I knew I **** up a job I certainly wouldn't be going home to drink tea..I would of packed my bags and got out of there, in fact I would of had a contingency plan even before I started the job..

I like the idea of the hard labour camps though, it is some thing the UK needs , I know thousands already that 3 years hard labour would give a totally different view on life..

It would also be a good way to deter petty criminals , at the moment they just go to holiday camps!!

N Korea has its good points!  :laugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2019, 10:10:35 AM »

Not on my wish list

There is actually quite a large and vibrant tourist industry that has sprung up. Departures are from Vladivostok or Beijing. I’m researching at the moment and will probably do it as a side trip while in China in a few months.

I’m thinking of maybe five days, quite a few firms do interesting trips. Starvation not required.

Look at the #NorthKorea on Instagram and it looks like the world and his wife are there already. Its heaving with Russians.

As with Russia or China, North Korea is no different in the respect that if you don’t do silly things nothing bad happens. With the propaganda that Americans are fed, I can see why it might be an eye-opening prospect for some over the pond.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »
What I don't understand is these people who work for him in one way or another..

If I was one of these guys and I knew I **** up a job I certainly wouldn't be going home to drink tea..I would of packed my bags and got out of there, in fact I would of had a contingency plan even before I started the job..

I like the idea of the hard labour camps though, it is some thing the UK needs , I know thousands already that 3 years hard labour would give a totally different view on life..

It would also be a good way to deter petty criminals , at the moment they just go to holiday camps!!

N Korea has its good points!  :laugh:

This killing of advisors is a common trope used by propagandists. The idea feeds into the dehumanisation and demonisation of opponents - essential if one is to enable the sheeple to hate and fight the supposed enemy. The problem is that whilst there may be some basis in truth, that is, somebody might've been executed, at some time in the past, too many of the 'executed' turn up fresh as a daisy and bright as a button at some point after their supposed forced leap off this mortal coil.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »

Not on my wish list

There is actually quite a large and vibrant tourist industry that has sprung up. Departures are from Vladivostok or Beijing. I’m researching at the moment and will probably do it as a side trip while in China in a few months.

I’m thinking of maybe five days, quite a few firms do interesting trips. Starvation not required.

Look at the #NorthKorea on Instagram and it looks like the world and his wife are there already. Its heaving with Russians.

As with Russia or China, North Korea is no different in the respect that if you don’t do silly things nothing bad happens. With the propaganda that Americans are fed, I can see why it might be an eye-opening prospect for some over the pond.

I should think there is! Auschwitz is pretty popular now with the tourists they do plenty of tours around the place, and the prisoners are all dead.. so not really much to see..

You get a better deal in North Korea , they do tours of live and working concentration and labour camps where you can actually see REAL ALIVE starving people with a few executions chucked in..

They even have a feeding time just like at the zoo , and for a few $ you can chuck cabbages in for the prisoners.. :laugh:

Offline BillyB

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2019, 08:31:08 PM »

They never did the job properly ... If that rule was applied to everyone life would be much better.. for a start the population would be halved and secondly everyone else would be doing their job as they are supposed to be doing..  nice one.. :ROFL:

What's a proper job? Make no deal and get executed. Make a deal with Trump, give up too much, and get executed.

This killing of advisors is a common trope used by propagandists. The idea feeds into the dehumanisation and demonisation of opponents - essential if one is to enable the sheeple to hate and fight the supposed enemy.

If you worked for somebody and they killed you because your work performance was unsatisfactory, you don't want us to believe they are a bad person? When's the last time anybody seen Un's uncle?

Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.