The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: North Korea.  (Read 40997 times)

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
Re: North Korea.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 11:10:03 AM »
Furthermore the efforts to discredit Trump before the election and even after he won, IMO were because he had stated that he would not continue perpetual wars and that he wanted a better relationship with Russia.

Thats the point though, isnt it? He has u-turned completely. He has bombed two countries in a fortnight, Syria was without evidence and because Ivanka saw a pic on Twitter?  (:)  I mean come on......

And now he is threatening North Korea, who from what I can make out simply wants to be left alone. It seems Trump started the warmongering again against NK, and they are responding by pointing out they won't be bullied and will defend themselves.

Okay well you're engaging in gross exaggeration and as B/B pointed out you've got an agenda. The whole world is cheering the MOAB dropped on terrorists heads in Afghanistan, and the situation with North Korea was bound to happen someday, which is right now.

The missile strikes in Syria I've already expressed my opinion about. A way for him to get out from under re-accusations he's Putin's "puppet".

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2017, 11:12:47 AM »
the situation with North Korea was bound to happen someday, which is right now.

OK, why has a bloke elected on a "no wars" rhetoric suddenly decided to do his best to start one?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
OK, why has a bloke elected on a "no wars" rhetoric suddenly decided to do his best to start one?

The wars are already started. Trump is trying to end them.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Offline Manny

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2017, 07:52:23 AM »

The wars are already started. Trump is trying to end them.

There is no war with North Korea. So why has a bloke elected on a "no wars" rhetoric suddenly decided to do his best to start one?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Steamer

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2017, 08:02:21 AM »

There is no war with North Korea. So why has a bloke elected on a "no wars" rhetoric suddenly decided to do his best to start one?

There will be no problem if Un behaves. If he takes a shot at our navy with his missiles then Un is the one starting a war and we will respond.

It's about who shoots first.

Offline yankee

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »

Did I  miss something?  When was the peace treaty signed?
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Manny

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »

There will be no problem if Un behaves. If he takes a shot at our navy with his missiles then Un is the one starting a war and we will respond.

The point is your navy has no business being there. It is a provocative action. If you left them alone, they wouldn't need to remind you they will defend themselves.

Trump is itching to invade the place - for no reason - and ruin it as you did with Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Should they sit there and wait for that or threaten retaliation as they are doing?

This is the US doing what it does, and Trump doing exactly the opposite of what he said he would do. I fail to see how this "makes America great again" or why you people might make whooping noises at the prospect of more war.

Or are you all too brainwashed to even question it?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:54 AM »

I take it that you did not notice that there has not been a state of war for many years? That there is an armistice, but not a peace treaty, between North and South Korea? That the United States has no territorial claims upon North Korea?
Whoops no, that'd require some knowledge as opposed to 'feelz' and programming.

Time for you lot to start acquiring the knowledge required to enable you to overcome your programing because right now your lack of knowledge is what allows you lot to go along with the madness of your leadership.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2017, 11:05:20 AM »

The point is your navy has no business being there. It is a provocative action. If you left them alone, they wouldn't need to remind you they will defend themselves.

Trump is itching to invade the place - for no reason - and ruin it as you did with Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Should they sit there and wait for that or threaten retaliation as they are doing?

This is the US doing what it does, and Trump doing exactly the opposite of what he said he would do. I fail to see how this "makes America great again" or why you people might make whooping noises at the prospect of more war.

maybe you're too brainwashed cause you lump North Korea in with the middle east.

Offline Steamer

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2017, 11:27:17 AM »

I think that S Kor and Japan would disagree with that.

Offline Texan77

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2017, 11:30:45 AM »

Gee the British navy is there also. Maybe you blots has no business being there neither.

Since his meeting with Trump, the Chinese have conducted and excise with the US navy for what was called anti-pirate in this region. Mean while a six nation collation seems to be forming to deal with the problem in North Korea.

I would not be surprise if the Chinese deal with North Korea themselves. They tried to rain him in when North Korea threaten them with nuclear war. Most likely Kim was just mouthing off again but you have to know he has nuclear missiles that can hit anywhere in China and he has 50 submarines that could shut down all Chinese trade for and extended time plus many thousands of other missiles that could travel well into China. We very well maybe at a time where the Chinese are seeing the problem.

The Chinese have been displease with him for sometime now. Kim killed his half brother because he was afraid the Chinese might make him leader. We might finally be at the breaking point.

At the meeting with the President of China, Trump covered the problem with North Korea and the Chinese President seem to be OK with the terms. Then we were only going to degrade the nuclear capability of North Korea. After the meeting when the Chinese president got back and they realized what that war might cost China they seem to have a change of heart. Then when the north Koreans threaten China our air craft carrier end up in Australia. When if left, Australia became part of our team to deal with North Korea. 

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2017, 12:46:38 PM »

Lulz.  If only. 

Trump is itching to invade the place - for no reason - and ruin it as you did with Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

The Europeans were all hot and heavy to intervene in Libya, and we pretty much got *invited* into Afghanistan.

As I noted, above, Trump exercised some hard power on Assad, and later on Afghanistan.  A few bombs doth not an "invasion" make.  With the NoKos, he did a drive by with the Carl Vinson.

The US would love nothing more than for Kim Jong Un to stop threatening SoKo and Japan, and go back to watching Donald Duck cartoons.  Or maybe that was his father.  In any case, Trump is doing precisely what he should do, which is signal to China that KJU is *their* problem and they need to handle it.

For folks who live in SoKo, there are basically, in sum, 11 months of "normal" and one month of Kim behaving like a twit and other countries responding.  Simple.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline yankee

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2017, 01:10:07 PM »

I take it that you did not notice that there has not been a state of war for many years? That there is an armistice, but not a peace treaty, between North and South Korea? That the United States has no territorial claims upon North Korea?

Time for you lot to start acquiring the knowledge required to enable you to overcome your programing because right now your lack of knowledge is what allows you lot to go along with the madness of your leadership.

Why is it that you always try to insult people?
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Manny

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2017, 05:11:26 PM »

Lulz.  If only. 

Trump is itching to invade the place - for no reason - and ruin it as you did with Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

The Europeans were all hot and heavy to intervene in Libya, and we pretty much got *invited* into Afghanistan.

As I noted, above, Trump exercised some hard power on Assad, and later on Afghanistan.  A few bombs doth not an "invasion" make.  With the NoKos, he did a drive by with the Carl Vinson.

The US would love nothing more than for Kim Jong Un to stop threatening SoKo and Japan, and go back to watching Donald Duck cartoons.  Or maybe that was his father.  In any case, Trump is doing precisely what he should do, which is signal to China that KJU is *their* problem and they need to handle it.

For folks who live in SoKo, there are basically, in sum, 11 months of "normal" and one month of Kim behaving like a twit and other countries responding.  Simple.

B/B

You are all flip-flopping and avoiding the question.

Here it is again:

Can one of our American friends tell us WHY Trump is provoking NK?

Offline Texan77

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
Since only North Korea has nuclear weapons this is pretty much the Chinese saying the North must get rid of them. It appears the North Koreans appear to be getting ready for another Nuclear test. Another possibly answer that was given some time ago was to give the South Koreans nuclear weapons which China has said would lead to nuclear war as soon as we started to ship them. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/china-urges-korea-peninsula-denuclearisation/ar-BBAbiWy?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=U218DHP

Let talk about a nuclear Ukraine and see what Putin does. I bet if we were to even talk about a Nuclear Canada with missiles that could reach Russia, Putin would go Crazy. 

Manny maybe you need to take a chill pill or something until you get over it. Our Navy has the right to be in international waters all over the world like everyone else's Navy including that of Russia and Great Britain.

3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »
Looks more like North Korea is the one looking for a fight. Has Trump threatened to nuke NK?

North Korea threatens Australia with nuclear strike over 'toeing the line' with U.S.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/23/north-korea-threatens-australia-with-nuclear-strike-over-toeing-line-with-us-alliance/22051796/

US tells North Korea to cease 'destabilizing actions and rhetoric'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/23/politics/pentagon-north-korea/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 08:00:22 PM »
You are all flip-flopping and avoiding the question.

Here it is again:

Can one of our American friends tell us WHY Trump is provoking NK?

KJU is rattling his cage bars again, and when he unsettles our Allies in the region (i.e. SoKo and Japan) Big Daddy turns up and reminds "Little Fatty the Third" (which is what he is called in the Chinese press) and reminds him to stay in his own lane. Simples.  All KJU has to to is tend to his own knitting, but he can't help himself.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »

Here it is again:

Can one of our American friends tell us WHY Trump is responding to the provocations of NK?

Because sometimes we really are the leader of the free World, at least in this case. and FTFY.

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 09:33:30 PM »
Looks more like North Korea is the one looking for a fight. Has Trump threatened to nuke NK?

North Korea threatens Australia with nuclear strike over 'toeing the line' with U.S.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/04/23/north-korea-threatens-australia-with-nuclear-strike-over-toeing-line-with-us-alliance/22051796/

US tells North Korea to cease 'destabilizing actions and rhetoric'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/23/politics/pentagon-north-korea/

We are not taking that threat seriously. That dictator knows he will blown away if any action happens against us, US, UK etc

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2017, 04:29:19 AM »
Our Navy has the right to be in international waters all over the world like everyone else's Navy including that of Russia and Great Britain.

GB hasn't got a Navy .... the United Kingdom used to have one .... 'We' haven't got a working aircraft carrier at the mo :)
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 07:30:44 AM »
This is why the Ukraine needs nuclear weapons to protect against Russia silliness.

I have read some strange and whacky ideas on RUA, but this might be the winner for this year.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2017, 09:05:48 AM »
This is why the Ukraine needs nuclear weapons to protect against Russia silliness.

I have read some strange and whacky ideas on RUA, but this might be the winner for this year.

(:)

Avvy, are you surprised the idea comes from Texan77?

How do you know you are shopping in Texas? @ 0:13

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 04:46:11 PM »
All 100 US Senators were called to a meeting with the President on Wednesday about NK issue.  Also, the National Security team and Secretaries of State and Defense will be there too.   :whist11:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »

Perhaps Andrew buying a dictionary (in English) may be helpful for your postings and knowledge. An armistice is a cessation of hostilities but with regads to the Korean Peninsula it has been frequently broken. Bear in mind between the Korea's there have been numerous weapons fired at each other since with resulting loss of life. North Korea has for as long as I can recall used threatening language directed to South Korea, Japan and The United States. For quite a few years now they have tried to develop nuclear weapons and launch vehicles.

No where is anyone bringing up territorial claims, but you feel it is necessary to belittle another poster via a falsehood. Way to go big man.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration