The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Tourist Visa - Step-by-Step  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Strelka

Russian Tourist Visa - Step-by-Step
« on: April 19, 2017, 03:26:31 AM »
Hi All,

I was reading through the forum a bit, enjoyed the content and wanted to post some useful information on the Russian visa process in an easy-to-use guide. There's a lot of misconception around the Russian visa process, and I wanted to break it down a bit to help out others who are seeking a tourist visa.

Below is an article that goes in depth on the below topics for attaining the visa.

1. Application for a Letter of Invitation
2. Apply for health insurance through an approved provider
3. Fill out the visa application
4. Apply at a support center or consulate
5. Pickup your passport and Russian tourist visa
6. Entry and staying in Russia

[Link removed due to undeclared commercial interest in target site of OP]

Hope it is helpful!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian Tourist Visa - Step-by-Step
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 04:31:46 AM »
??

I can only speak for the UK - but it's much easier than this - simply get a voucher from a hotel, apply online - quote the place you are staying and visit the Russian Visa centre  - to have your fingerprints scanned and pay

It can take from 1 day - premium service - to 5 working days
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Strelka

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »
Some hotels will provide the voucher, whereas some won't. Of course - an AirBnB or apartments in general can't provide the voucher you will need.

During my first visit, the hotel (mid-scale) did not offer the needed letter of invitation.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:49:18 PM »
Some hotels will provide the voucher, whereas some won't. Of course - an AirBnB or apartments in general can't provide the voucher you will need.

During my first visit, the hotel (mid-scale) did not offer the needed letter of invitation.

Hi Strelka - there are plenty of online services offering the voucher necessary.  Just search 'Russian Tourist Voucher' in your locale. With this voucher - you can then obtain your visa and choose to stay where you like in Russia - you just need to register your location, when there.

THAT is a different story ....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration