The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is it about privacy or something else?  (Read 10807 times)

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
Re: Is it about privacy or something else?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
Ok but what kind of interest is missing here?

I know the emotional one but that one takes time and effort.

So she is on a business trip and she informs Bones of going? Then after she comes back there she is again. That is so far the interest so AWOL is only in periods.

Being assertive and a man here should work in getting the time.

How are you communicating with this girl Bones?

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 06:28:01 PM »

Okay bud then why come here asking a question? This woman is obviously avoiding you or so it seems so there's the answer to your question.

PS...what popka said. all of it, plus:

Lastly, always wear your big boy pants from this day forward.
Don't let any woman lead you around by the nose again

PPS...she's worse than a hooker! at least w/ a hooker, you know what's up!

Really Confederate? Personal insults? I came here asking for another perspective from an intelligent FSU woman not a snarky wise guy that needs to work on his reading comprehension. I wrote that we communicate between her business trips – You see that means she comes back to me between trips! If you read carefully you would understand that.  I was wondering what to think about it from a woman’s point of view. Do you get it now…Bud?  --  Big boy pants?? I suggest you empty your diapers and get off this forum. Your juvenile comments are not helpful for anyone. As for being a Hooker, how would you know this about someone I have been hoping to be my wife if she is true. Years past I have seem forums deteriorate to nothing because of gutless wonders that insult other members from the safety of anonymity. -- Do I know what’s up Bud? Yes I do. I know that you are just another coward with a smart mouth that doesn’t know what he is talking about. From now on please ignore my posts & I’ll certainly ignore yours. Better yet go back to your sandbox and don’t come back until you can conduct yourself like a man.

You are extremely delusional and there's simply no hope for you "bud".   :trainwreck:

PS. If you had any reading comprehension you would have recognized the "big boy pants" as being a statement from Popka. You're so desperate for your fantasy woman to be real that you're just foaming at the mouth now.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Bones

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 06:32:31 PM »
This from coward? "Yawn" Go back to your playpen. We're done here. Rave on child if you must but I'll be ignoring you from now on. :)))
If you seek to be offended by everyone you meet, then you'll succeed.

Offline Confederate

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 06:35:19 PM »
This from coward? "Yawn" Go back to your playpen. We're done here. Rave on child if you must but I'll be ignoring you from now on. :)))

Might as well ignore everyone then since you've received consistent advice from all here, but only wish to live in your fantasy world.  :coffeeread:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
Is it about privacy or something else?
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 06:35:57 PM »
The website in question is not a pay per view/pay by the letter site. As everyone here knows, these sites have a awful reputation for writing fiction.

Thank you for answering that question. You've read my opinion, hopefully
others will chime in as well, then you can make a decision on what to do.

I've spent years before meeting Mrs Popka, I've written to thousands of
FSUW and dated around a hundred. My advice is based on experience. 
I can tell you that there are many ways to be successful but many times
more ways to screw it up. There are millions of single FSUW you only
need to find one. It's my opinion that this particular one out of millions
isn't interested enough and that your efforts would be better utilized
pursuing someone else.

Good luck
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Confederate

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »
1. The girl goes totally AWOL, huge red flag.

How important is it that she must be ready to reach 24/7 when her work life takes most of her life and her private life is thereby important but of less concern? Why do you expect her to be 100% ready 24/7 to a stranger? We are not aware now how deeply she feels about Bones at this point. What entitlement is that?

I didn't say that she needs to be reached 24/7 did I?
She goes AWOL, (probably getting deep drilled by a local yokel)
for long periods of time. Go to Mamba and write any FSUW and
ask her about the behavior. 100% would describe it as negative.

hey Bones, can you read and comprehend that?   :-*

Offline Confederate

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 06:41:22 PM »
I will once again repeat myself. I NEVER once said nor implied that I expected her to be 100% ready 24/7 to me. Where did you read this? Secondly, please tell me why I can't coordinate a meeting if she cannot commit to a time for her to meet me? (for a second time) How is this my fault? I can't force her. I merely asked for an opinion of this forum (FSU woman) as to why she does not write during her trips - nothing more.

You cannot coordinate a meeting because she's not interested!

You wanted a female opinion and you got it up thread. Here it is again.

I certainly need a woman’s’ point of view on my situation. I’m confused. I’ve been communicating with a lady from Kyiv for a long while and during this time we’ve been unable to coordinate a time for meeting. Probably due to the fact she is a doctor-Immunologist and very busy. Calls must be prearranged. I’ve no problem with going to Kyiv. During this time I’ve also learned to be careful in regards to her privacy – she’s very careful. She writes nearly every day but says little and it is an effort to engage in deeper conversation. What little she says lets me know she is interested but…   She loves that I send flowers and gifts (with photo). (1) Anyway my question is in regards to her business trips. She tells me when she is going and will write when she returns – which lasts several weeks and I never know how long it will be. Then after I give up and move on she returns and writes me. During this time she is absent from the dating site. (2) I wonder why she cannot write during her business trips and if I should call her during her business trips? (3) Should I continue to respect her boundaries by not calling her during this time? I’m very interested in her and her fine qualities but things are moving along like that of a glacier. Tentatively we spoke of meeting this May. (4) I wonder if I am being tested. It’s either respect her privacy or get more assertive and risk alienating her. Otherwise I’m patient and I suppose I could wait while pursuing other possibilities – which I have been.

Hi Bones

There aren't many females around and myself i haven't posted in a while, but i'll try my best. If you were my real life friend, or my cousin, i'd tell you: hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Of course it could be that she is working on some gvmnt funded/ top secret projects. It could be there's no internet where she is (during trips). All of that could be, but chances are small. It could also be that agency is making money on those flowers and gifts. Maybe it's not even her writing those letters (worst case scenario.) BEFORE meeting in real life, being you, i wouldn't  invest into this "relationship", neither morally nor materially.

Offline 2tallbill

something else?
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »

So she is on a business trip and she informs Bones of going? Then after she comes back there she is again. That is so far the interest so AWOL is only in periods.

You are using Western standards on an Eastern woman. There is a famous
line going around the forums dating back to when the iron curtain fell.

"If an FSUW is interested in you, you will know"

It's my contention that is the standard. If you aren't getting the attentive
FSUW treatment then you need to move on, because the next one will give
you the attentive FSUW treatment.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Confederate

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »
I am just trying understand why she gets red flags so easily out of the gate for having a busy lifestyle to a stranger she has not meet in person or have special feelings for if she has.

She is properly too busy on a business trip to care for her private life and you as it is.

An international marriage is difficult. It takes a lot of time, money, AND effort
by everyone involved. That girl isn't interested enough to put in the required
effort

This is it in a nutshell. Why would anyone waste time, money and psychic energy on a woman who is clearly not interested? It's a Western man disease and it has to do with the knight on the white horse fantasy.  :coffeeread:

Offline Bones

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »

Perhaps you're right Popka. (sigh)

Offline 2tallbill

Is it about privacy or something else?
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »

Perhaps you're right Popka. (sigh)

I've invested a lot of time, energy, effort and emotions into developing an
online relationship with an FSUW (more than once) and at the end of the
day after meeting in person, it didn't work out. There is almost always a
desire to salvage the relationship somehow, but it only delays the inevitable.

In my opinion the best thing to do is to move on. I realize that's far easier
to say than to do. The English lads will be waking up in a few hours and they
can contribute their opinions as well.

I wish you luck,

Offline Bones

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2017, 07:12:01 PM »

Thank you for your respectful opinion. You are correct in that she has always informed me of all her impending business trips and always returns. However I neglected to mention one salient point to everyone that may make a difference - she happens to be doctor/Immunologist and she has mentioned other hospitals like in Lvov for her trips so we both have some commonality as I work in the health field as well. But she did make it clear about getting too personal in our letters. Yet I wonder why she can't write or say when she'll return.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
I'm going with the "you're being played" crowd.

Time to move on.

All has been said that has to be said by others.

If a woman is really interested, she will find ways to communicate. Having not even a phone for SMS/whatsapp/whatever is almost nigh-existant in Russia. They will have no food, rags for clothes but they will have a smartphone.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Mr strange

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2017, 07:26:23 PM »

Thank you for your respectful opinion. You are correct in that she has always informed me of all her impending business trips and always returns. However I neglected to mention one salient point to everyone that may make a difference - she happens to be doctor/Immunologist and she has mentioned other hospitals like in Lvov for her trips so we both have some commonality as I work in the health field as well. But she did make it clear about getting too personal in our letters. Yet I wonder why she can't write or say when she'll return.

Maybe there is not a specific date on the return.

Maybe you matter too little when she is on a business trip.

Maybe its part of the not getting too personal rules she has set up.

Maybe its still too private for anyone else for her reasons.

Maybe she does not think it matters as she will be in touch when she get back.

5 maybes and I might be right but have you asked her why?

That is what I mean by too much speculation not needed as you know she will write when she comes back and you expect it too.

But Bones how are you communicating? What method? Skype? Have you suggested that to her if you are not doing that?

Offline Confederate

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2017, 07:55:38 PM »

:prophead:

Offline Confederate

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2017, 07:58:25 PM »
I'm going with the "you're being played" crowd.

Time to move on.

All has been said that has to be said by others.

If a woman is really interested, she will find ways to communicate. Having not even a phone for SMS/whatsapp/whatever is almost nigh-existant in Russia. They will have no food, rags for clothes but they will have a smartphone.

Mark.

He's not only being played, he's the one playing himself at this point. I can't imagine putting up with several months of such nonsense, but a whole year?  :drunk:

Offline Bones

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2017, 08:58:33 PM »

[/quote]

Maybe there is not a specific date on the return.

Maybe you matter too little when she is on a business trip.

Maybe its part of the not getting too personal rules she has set up.

Maybe its still too private for anyone else for her reasons.

Maybe she does not think it matters as she will be in touch when she get back.

5 maybes and I might be right but have you asked her why?

That is what I mean by too much speculation not needed as you know she will write when she comes back and you expect it too.

But Bones how are you communicating? What method? Skype? Have you suggested that to her if you are not doing that?
[/quote]

Well it's impossible to explain the entire sequence of the past year but you make valid points. We write every day, talk on phone. We have had good conversations. She is very intelligent and educated. But she does not want to Skype. If I had not become ill in Kyiv last summer who knows? I tried the laid back approach already. This relationship is important to me which is why I am here and tolerating comments of a troubled man here on the forum. However to explain that I am not stupid and naïve to everyone here - and unlike this troubled man in this forum I have been to many places in the world unrelated to romance over many years - over 8 countries more times than I can remember. I personally witnessed the Orange Revolution in Kyiv way back when, toured a morgue in Chisinau, drugged and robbed in Sumy, watched the setting sun in Severodvinsk with a wonderful woman who would later be my fiancée but tragically lost to cancer, sharing a train cabin from Saratov to Moscow with 2 Russian Colonels & 3 bottles of vodka, got puked on by a drunk Russian on a bus in Chelyabinsk and watched with amusement as babushka beat him with her cane, I have made friends in Kyiv and Moscow that I still talk to, went tandem parasailing in Tunis with a panicky girl that soiled both herself and me, been north, south, east and west of Russia, Ukraine too, Ireland, Lithuania where I saw my first castle and 2 lonely graves of 2 German soldiers of WW1 near Visaginias, beautifully glistening wet tile roofs of Prague, careening about Tomsk with a drunk Russian and his Ural motorcycle/side car, visited more museums and theaters than I can remember in places such as Moscow, Kazan, Voronezh, Donetsk, Kharkov, St. Petersburg where I physically touched a painting by Picasso (Woman Drinking Absinth) etc. etc, where discovered that I was with an underage girl in Novorossiysk (6 foot tall!), got wonderfully drunk and danced in a nightclub in a Stephen King type hotel near Miass Russia where I met a doppelganger of Rodney Dangerfield who was just as funny, pulled onto a wedding party boat in Kazan & danced drank and ate for free because of my moustache(?), Hell, I have so many more memories to share but there is no room or time here but you see my point. You see, I have life experiences but yet, like everyone here, the heart of a woman still baffles me. Compared to this I can easily tolerate the childish drivel that at times found on forums such as this. Forums cannot succeed without mutual respect, kindness, and the desire to help. As for the skeptical? I don't care. I'm here to learn and help if I can.

Online d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: something else?
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »

Hey Bones, gotta agree with Popka on this one, she definately is not into you or you would know.

But... there could be a reason for this, maybe she is the one who is thinking that she is being played because of the non meeting in Kiev. You know you were sick but is there a chance that in the back of her mind she is wondering if you just didn't have the time to meet up with her because you were busy with another girl/girls? That could explain why she is talking to you yet does not seem too excited about meeting you. Just something to think about....

Offline Confederate

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 10:01:03 PM »

Hey Bones, gotta agree with Popka on this one, she definately is not into you or you would know.

But... there could be a reason for this, maybe she is the one who is thinking that she is being played because of the non meeting in Kiev. You know you were sick but is there a chance that in the back of her mind she is wondering if you just didn't have the time to meet up with her because you were busy with another girl/girls? That could explain why she is talking to you yet does not seem too excited about meeting you. Just something to think about....

Nah. He's like a back-up to a back-up plan. She's not remotely interested in this doofus. She won't even skype with him. He's a  back-up in case she decides she wants a mule to get a green card in the USA and financial support along the way.

Offline Bones

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
!!! Good point. Didn't see it that way. Thanks.

Offline Bones

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

!!! Good point. Didn't see it that way. Thanks d672

Offline Confederate

« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »

But.......

No buts, d672.  It's like giving alcohol to an alcoholic with this one.  :sick0012:

Online d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2017, 10:32:06 PM »
 Confed, I talked to my wife almost every day for 3 months before I flew to Ukraine to meet her.  When I got there she told me something that surprised me... she was not really 100% sure if I was really coming until she saw me walking up to her at the airport. Even though I showed her my flight itinerary as soon as I bought the ticket, told her to line up an apartment in Kiev, etc. Some girls just need to see action, not just hear words.

If Bones's lady got all excited about meeting him then was disappointed when he told her he could not because he was sick it could have blown all the wind out of her sails, and make her believe he was not serious about her. So why should she be serious about him until he actually is standing in front of her? I can only go by what Bones said here about her, but nothing tells me that she is playing him. Just trying to see things from both sides of the story.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2017, 01:18:45 AM »

[/quote]

Bones, regular FSU person is generally more distant and reserved than her/his Western counterpart. The more they are educated, the more it's so. They don't trust strangers, and for a reason. They don't open up easily.
Some questions arise, and knowing FSU mentality, i bet they are along the following lines: why you choose her out of all other girls?

You don't know her, haven't spoken extensively, have never met, why her? Is it her pictures, her voice? Is it her profession? On Russian speaking internet there are warnings all over - that guys who aim to marry only doctors are probably in huge financial depth and are looking for a wife to pay it off. (Of course, they don't know that to evaluate a dr's diploma is costly and timely and actually very few continue working as doctors  in the USA)

You are travelling extensively in the FSU, and  it's a red flag for FSUW - the second thought she might have is that you are a "sex tourist". I know of some departed members who on this forum used to write pages and pages of their romantic quest, it all came across quite touchy -feely, you'd start keeping your fingers crossed for the guy to conquer the evil fate and finally meet his princess...

Alas, ladies from these circles simply called him "sex tourist", all there. And from FSUW point of view, they were right.
(And he was right for himself too, mileages differ.)

I am sorry you fell sick in Ukraine. I wouldn't trust you either.

It goes so, that  we mostly discuss ladies' behavior, but what about you.

There's always two sides of the story.

True, chances are she's playing you for one reason or another. But it could beyou got really, really lucky and have met a serious, normal person.

In that case, her behavior is NORMAL. She's signalling she could be mildly interested in you. She might give you a chance. If you really stumbled upon the golden mine - jump on it.

I think there are two ways to proceed from here:

1. Sending flowers from time to time doesn't cost all that much. Respect her boundaries and see what happens when you meet.
2.  (What i would do, being you) hire someone to do background check on her. Where i am, cousins, neighbors and colleagues do that for you traditionally, they ask around about the person, is he/she healthy/ working/ normal and so on. In other countries, bigger than mine, people hire someone to do that. I'd do that, being you.
If she knows your full name and address, she probably ran such a check on you already. She probably googled your house too. If she's intelligent (and we hope she is) she wouldn't consider relocating without having at least some certainty.

In my view, it's crucial to find out whether she really works as an immunologist. (Not if she's one by education.) If she does, then chances are what i wrote above is true and she doesn't do shifts on other kinds of sites (btw, Steveboy wasn't joking.)

See, escorts earn a lot, and was she working as an escort, she wouldn't bother to do the hard, honorable and underpaid work of an doctor in Ukraine.

Check on that and then we'll see.

Btw, not a single guy here wishes you evil, i do hope you realize that. They are not romance writers, they are real Westerners who managed to find what they were looking for. Guess from their advise  through how many disappointments they all were, BEFORE meeting THE ONE. They want to spare you the pain, the disappointment and the unnecessary spending. Unlike them, being an Eastern European female, i know  that people do not learn from other people's mistakes, no matter  how much those other people would want them to.

So, here you have exactly what you've asked for. If you say one word more against this forum and my friends who replied to you before me, i'll take it as a personal offense.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online msmoby

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2017, 02:29:56 AM »

Btw, not a single guy here wishes you evil, i do hope you realize that.

So, here you have exactly what you've asked for. If you say one word more against this forum and my friends who replied to you before me, i'll take it as a personal offense.

As, I have certain members - who's dating habits and 'advice' on romance - let alone opinions on politics - are somewhat bizarre- I can only guess who might be 'defending' .

That is probably why the part of your post I have quoted makes no sense to me :)

I've stayed off this thread as I'm not even a lady .... all I will say

Bones:  You struck gold with Volshe's advice and good luck
You won’t make every topic about you. Think of it like containing a virus: you can’t have it infecting everywhere.

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration