The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: good sites  (Read 9579 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: good sites
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2017, 10:25:08 PM »

For those in the search, I recommend that you get a new email address
that you use exclusively for that purpose. I would also recommend that you
use that email address to make a new facebook page exclusively for this and
join VK.com and Mamba.

I haven't been in the search for nearly 4 years, but I DO know that Mamba is increasingly regarded by many ladies as a place were guys seek short-term gratification and using facebook / Vk.com is NOT a route I'd recommend, either - other than some sort of 'verification' - but then the lady may be doing the same as you... and have two profiles ... one for dating and one for her REAL life ....    If I was looking and found a newish profile that coincided with arrival on the dating scene, I'd regard that as a red flag.

Please note my opinion is based on ladies in their late thirties and upwards... 'older' ladies are more likely to be on OK.ru

Having said all this, I 'found' SC on mamba and fdating, noting she hadn't logged in for six months... I used OK.ru as a way to contact her. 

Now her profiles are 'friends' only - as she got fed up with 'friend requests' and 'marks' on photos from guys she's never met ....

My tip?  Don't ask to be 'friends' ... write messages about why you've decided to write to her - tell her a little about yourself and hope she'll respond. Many women find it creepy to have a total stranger 'like' numerous photos...

Social media sites weren't designed to be dating sites.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2017, 02:57:49 AM »
For most people it really doesn't matter what site they are on, they have no chance whatsoever of catching a good women. The vast majority go men on these sites (Not all) are completely clueless when it comes to chatting up any women and this is probably the reason so many are still single and living at home with the parents at 50! lack of communication skills with the women.

Then there is the other factor , the vast majority (Not all) of men on most FSU women sites are looking for a slim barbie doll, that simply is not going to happen especially if your not looking like some kind of movie star yourself..truth of the matter is you need to look at yourself in the mirror to give yourself an idea of who you can probably catch.. :) this doesn't apply to all, some guys have the gift of the gab and can do fine :)

Then there is the other factor which is relatively new.. women are becoming very fussy over who they even spend their time chatting to, they are also looking for a movie star in many cases. A few years back most FSU women were happy to chat to any guy that came along. That is not the case anymore.

So it really doesn't matter what site you are using ( obviously stay away from PPL sites) if you are able to catch a women you will do so..only food get scammed.

Simple as that.

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2017, 07:20:00 AM »
BB. Self absorbed much?

Silly little man. You replied to my post. And yet you seem to think that by posting in this thread I am obsessed with you.

I bet your clients expect something better from you in the cognition stakes. I trust you don't disappoint them too much.

Given that you have been, ostensibly, seeking a life partner in the FSU for some two decades it seems worthwhile to mention you as an example, given that you were making the point about how successful your peer group is.

When will your search enter its 3rd decade, is it one year or two?

===
El Guero, unlike some I am not looking for a life partner and it is not the reason why I travel or live where I do.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
good sites
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »

I haven't been in the search for nearly 4 years, but I DO know that Mamba is increasingly regarded by many ladies as a place were guys seek short-term gratification

Luckily only a few of the men here seek guys. There are millions and
millions of FSUW on Mamba, which is far more than any of the MOB
sites. Some of those women are hookers/bad girls and looking for a
sponsor or sugar Daddy, but so are some of the women on MOB sites.

Out of those millions of FSUW there are many good girls.

I've dated many girls from Mamba.

using facebook / Vk.com is NOT a route I'd recommend, either - other than some sort of 'verification' - but then the lady may be doing the same as you... and have two profiles ... one for dating and one for her REAL life ....    If I was looking and found a newish profile that coincided with arrival on the dating scene, I'd regard that as a red flag.

You aren't American, but I am. In order to sign up for Mamba you must use
a phone verification, receive a text and enter that text for registration,
however that doesn't work in the USA. Mamba offers a different option for
signing in for Americans and that is using your fb page to do so, hence getting
a freshy email address and FB page for signing into Mamba.

With the fresh fb and email you won't be getting spam etc on your regular
communication/social networks. It's been 4 years for me as well since searching
for a good girl. So the advice both of us use starts becoming dated the day we
stop using it. I found a pretty girl with scintillating eyes and a smile that made
my legs turn to jelly, and now we are married.

There is more than one way to find a good girl than the way you've found yours
or that I've found mine. A smart guy will read all these different methods and
put together a plan of action that works for him.

As for red flags, I like to get a girl on skype or messenger and can weed them
out (if they don't do it to themselves first) in pretty short order.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2017, 11:13:15 AM »

Luckily only a few of the men here seek guys. There are millions and
millions of FSUW on Mamba, which is far more than any of the MOB
sites. Some of those women are hookers/bad girls and looking for a
sponsor or sugar Daddy, but so are some of the women on MOB sites.

Out of those millions of FSUW there are many good girls.

I've dated many girls from Mamba.

Indeed, as I said, I have used it and recommended it - no longer ...  based on the many negative reports from FSU ladies - who I quote..

using facebook / Vk.com is NOT a route I'd recommend, either - other than some sort of 'verification' - but then the lady may be doing the same as you... and have two profiles ... one for dating and one for her REAL life ....    If I was looking and found a newish profile that coincided with arrival on the dating scene, I'd regard that as a red flag.

You aren't American, but I am. In order to sign up for Mamba you must use
a phone verification, receive a text and enter that text for registration,
however that doesn't work in the USA. Mamba offers a different option for
signing in for Americans and that is using your fb page to do so, hence getting
a freshy email address and FB page for signing into Mamba.

Thanks for the explanation - but my 'reasoning' to use an existing address stands - as if you use a new email addy - you might appear to be a 'player'

With the fresh fb and email you won't be getting spam etc on your regular
communication/social networks.

Easy to filter emails using the from rule...   

It's been 4 years for me as well since searching
for a good girl. So the advice both of us use starts becoming dated the day we
stop using it. I found a pretty girl with scintillating eyes and a smile that made
my legs turn to jelly, and now we are married.

:)))

My advice is based on friends of SC still thinking they'd like a non FSU guy.  It is current in that respect.

There is more than one way to find a good girl than the way you've found yours
or that I've found mine. A smart guy will read all these different methods and
put together a plan of action that works for him.

As for red flags, I like to get a girl on skype or messenger and can weed them
out (if they don't do it to themselves first) in pretty short order.

Quite... 
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 12:00:01 PM »
For most people it really doesn't matter what site they are on, they have no chance whatsoever of catching a good women. The vast majority go men on these sites (Not all) are completely clueless when it comes to chatting up any women and this is probably the reason so many are still single and living at home with the parents at 50! lack of communication skills with the women.

If a guy qualifies as a "Normal" and, adjusting for language and culture, he might do quite well in the East...but I suspect that there just are fewer "Normals" in the game, as a percentage, compared to the general population. /shrugs

BB. Self absorbed much?

Not at all.

Silly little man. You replied to my post. And yet you seem to think that by posting in this thread I am obsessed with you.

I replied on the topic; you replied about me, and, let's face it, this is hardly the first time. 

I bet your clients expect something better from you in the cognition stakes. I trust you don't disappoint them too much.

My clients are quite happy with me, thank you for your concern.

[Lots of words]

As I have noted, I am quite happy with my life, as presently constituted, and see no need to change it.  Additionally, as I have also noted, if I wanted to get married, I need only suggest it to any of the women with which I enjoy happy, romantic relations.  Yet you persist in trying to set up some false metric of "failure" on my part?  Why so invested?  Is it to make yourself feel better about...yourself? 

Really, Andrew, whatever you are doing in life, I hope you are happy with it, such as it may be, in the same sense that I would be for any person.  You might be better served tending to your own knitting.

Returning to the point: as I noted, in light of the shift of the business, some time ago, to Ukraine, there is no particular handicap to being American.  Evidently, you feel otherwise...based on what?  Certainly not your encyclopedic knowledge of, and long experience with, Ukraine.  So...what, precisely? 

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 12:55:05 PM »

As I have noted, I am quite happy with my life, as presently constituted, and see no need to change it. 
B/B

I can't say the same. Today though I made plans with a 42 year old Ukrainian woman that I met here on this board to come visit me in September. If romance happens, great! If not, we'll have a good time as tourists.

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »

As I have noted, I am quite happy with my life, as presently constituted, and see no need to change it. 
B/B

I can't say the same. Today though I made plans with a 42 year old Ukrainian woman that I met here on this board to come visit me in September. If romance happens, great! If not, we'll have a good time as tourists.

Have fun, and good luck Maxx!

Registration