The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: How You Can Help The Rural Estonian Countryside  (Read 3843 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
How You Can Help The Rural Estonian Countryside
« on: July 06, 2016, 01:50:16 PM »
Estonia is a great place but,  as some of you know the population is declining. Not in Tallinn,  whose population is growing but in the countryside, the best resource of the country.
A friend of mine moved from Tallinn a few years ago with a dream that became a plan and is becoming a reality. She inherited the family farm,  or more accurately the farm buildings and a remnant of the land,  after she had fought to have the property restored to her family after Soviet occupation.

She has turned a derelict plot and tumbledown buildings into a viable,  profitable smallholding and home for her family. Now,  her next step is to create a bed and breakfast / home stay on the property. She needs some help.

Here's more information about what she's up to:
https://www.facebook.com/KnowhowNow/posts/10209807145035108

If you can help her to make this project happen then I'd be very happy,  she and her family will be grateful and you will have helped to keep at least six people living and working in rural Estonia.
I have to say that her plan is viable,  the location is wonderful,  truly lovely,  one of my favourite places in Estonia.

If you have questions I can help in very general terms but through her GoFundMe page you can liaise directly with Eve.
https://www.gofundme.com/2cza3ms

Thanks for reading!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!