The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hi all, new here! :)  (Read 3059 times)

Offline travelingamy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
Hi all, new here! :)
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:42:06 AM »
Hi everyone, new member here!  I'm a US citizen who's been to Russia twice before because of being in a relationship with a Russian, now working on learning to speak Russian more seriously and going to travel there again in October. :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Hi all, new here! :)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:45:27 AM »
Well done, good for you.

How is it in Kaliningrad? I have never been, and I should. I understand it used to be a bit grim but that it has changed a lot in recent years.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Hi all, new here! :)
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 12:41:55 PM »
Welcome to RUA!

My sister in law resides in Kaliningrad (Königsberg). From her I understand it is a mixture of depressing and amazing.

In a few ways one could compare Königsberg to say an UK enclave on the Iberian peninsula. I hope you will after your visit post your impressions.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot