The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Interesting video from a bloke living in Sochi - Russia  (Read 5423 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Interesting video from a bloke living in Sochi - Russia
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 07:04:22 AM »
Assuming this IS moby and you all know more than I do then can refer to him as such.

Ste, the definition is not hard. There's no need to 'make arguments' the person in these videos is teaching English. He is taking classes and being a teacher. That's not a thing one does on vacation. One might share some time maybe once, but then that's not teaching.

Maxx, you can be as godbothery and sanctimonious as you wish but breaking the terms of one's visa has consequences as we know from reading the news in Russia and elsewhere.

Orchid, please, read what I write rather than imagining that which you don't understand or choose to believe. I don't know if the person in those videos is being paid for his work. However there's good reason to suppose that he is. The reasons have been shared, they are real and practical.

Please do not ascribe to me that which is not in evidence,  it is not a pleasant trait and probably has consequences in your real life.

By the way, I enjoy my work, I hope that you lot enjoy yours. I rather doubt that any of you would do it for free. Nor, I suggest would you be very happy if your earnings were cut because the hours that you could have worked were now being worked by someone else for free. Think about it before getting upset with my words.

I am certain that none of you are more charitable than I and I know how I'd react to such a thing. Any sensible manager would therefore understand the need to pay for work carried out in the business.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 07:57:40 AM »

:saint: I learned a new word.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2019, 08:26:47 AM »
Just used Google to search for SC Moby Sochi Russia and guess what comes up on the first page ?

THIS thread ..

Now some might think andrewfi or manny might be sh1t-stirring .. :chuckle:

I've just read Orchid's and Maxx's comments and while I doubt Maxx would be so keen to come to my defence, now ..   reading andrewfi's responses we can see just how 'generous' he can be ...

Just to clarity

I travel to RU on a business visa and andrewfi forgot to ask which biz sponsors my Visas ..

A more astute poster would realise that the owner of G8 is my friend and he asks lots of foreigners to relate their experiences no expenses / 'rewards' are paid or sought

I'm happy to help promote a friend's biz...

When I help out at Sochi autodrom - as a VOLUNTEER - they take a copy of my visa and registration - this is not a 'secret' and I Mark Smyth receive no expenses or reward ..

Last year I couldn't attend - as I was caring for my Mother ...  I happily polished translations that were used on Twitter, instagram, Facebook, websites ( local and national RU websites that are local and national govt run AND national RU associations as well as the FIA )

Guess what ?  I received NO expenses or reward .. just the pleasure of helping friends

Is it just me or does ( I'm the most charitable ) andrewfi come across as not a  'little' sad ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic