The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Family Support Programs In Russia  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Family Support Programs In Russia
« on: May 05, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »
This maybe of interest to any guys thinking of relocating to Russia to be with their women and maybe having a few kids  ;D

3 kids =

Free school uniforms
Free City travel pass
30% discount on Utilities
Free plot of land
Preferential mortgage

https://rbth.com/multimedia/infographics/multimedia/2015/08/24/the-benefits-of-being-a-rusian-mother_392085
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Family Support Programs In Russia
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 03:20:15 PM »
This maybe of interest to any guys thinking of relocating to Russia to be with their women and maybe having a few kids  ;D

3 kids =

Free school uniforms
Free City travel pass
30% discount on Utilities
Free plot of land
Preferential mortgage

https://rbth.com/multimedia/infographics/multimedia/2015/08/24/the-benefits-of-being-a-rusian-mother_392085

Maybe it's the way to go, move to Russia, and make babies.
Be a great retirement plan. :chuckle:
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:46:04 AM »
Encouraging couples to breed and have larger than average families. A good move for the future. At some point here in Western Europe we are going to have to go down the same route. The current addiction to immigrants (just as in the USA) is causing too much social disruption.

In Estonia they have generous support for women who have kids but it is not related to family size -there's no 'bonus babies' as is the case with the more focused Russian system. Also the Estonian system is not long term - it is designed to enable women to be able to afford to have kids and to stay at home while the baby is very young.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 02:20:19 AM »
a few years ago a certain Australian Prime Minister famously suggested "have one for Mum, one for Dad, and one for the country". Then the fool offered $5000 cash bonus per kid......which just had predictable results  :'(

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 02:30:54 AM »
which just had predictable results  :'(

What were those results?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:04:28 AM »
those already on the public teat rushed out to buy the largest flat screen tvs they could find after catching up on their drug debts.........need a new washing machine, have another kid ........ after all the "government" will support us for another few generations.  :hidechair:
Those who can least "afford" a large family are always the ones who have one.......and few of them work it seems. Far too easy to live your whole life on Government benefits in Australia.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 04:45:32 AM »
those already on the public teat rushed out to buy the largest flat screen tvs they could find after catching up on their drug debts.........need a new washing machine, have another kid ........ after all the "government" will support us for another few generations.  :hidechair:
Those who can least "afford" a large family are always the ones who have one.......and few of them work it seems. Far too easy to live your whole life on Government benefits in Australia.

Always wondered why so many Lebo's settled in Australia.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
Russians, on the birth of a second child receive a "voucher" worth about 500,000r, which can be used for property purchase, payback of part/whole mortgage, or university costs.
While it is difficult to use said "voucher" for other purposes, it can be done at a reduction of face value...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 07:18:08 AM »
Russians, on the birth of a second child receive a "voucher" worth about 500,000r, which can be used for property purchase, payback of part/whole mortgage, or university costs.
While it is difficult to use said "voucher" for other purposes, it can be done at a reduction of face value...

They do the same sort of thing in the Uk though I believe its not in one lump sum and can be spent on Alcohol , fags or drugs providing you leave a left for some cheapo clothes at Primark   :laugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 11:55:23 AM »

Got it now. It's the same here. The benefit generation popping kids out one a year and using benefits as a method never to work a day again.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 01:22:14 AM »

Got it now. It's the same here. The benefit generation popping kids out one a year and using benefits as a method never to work a day again.

The Benefits should have a maximum shelf life of say, 10 years. That should be enough for anyone to get back on their feet, no matter how horrific the event that put them there was.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:15:16 AM »

The Benefits should have a maximum shelf life of say, 10 years. That should be enough for anyone to get back on their feet, no matter how horrific the event that put them there was.

I think they should just stop benefits full stop! No benefits in Russia  :)  Ok I know some do need some help, maybe if you had an accident at work and lost both legs and arms , sure you would need benefits! Or you you are nearly incapacitated.

I have never claimed a singe penny in benefits and never would even if I lost both my legs and one arm! I would simply buy a skateboard to get around on  tippet

Always a way to manage in some situation. A dating site for one arm bandits would be a good start ;D

Offline yankee

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 10:22:52 AM »

I think if they do not work by choice they do not get anything.  offer money if working, if not working provide work for them.   if they lose job help them for  6 months (like unemployment)
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Registration