The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Losing Weight: Reversing 38 Years Of Slow Growth  (Read 23258 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Losing Weight: Reversing 38 Years Of Slow Growth
« Reply #975 on: July 10, 2023, 07:39:07 AM »
For Manny, who knows the guy. He is definitely less of a bowling ball than he used to be. His wife is much more presentable than she had been.

Giz a clue?

I was wondering if it is much cheaper in Estonia? Might be worth a weekend away.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #976 on: July 10, 2023, 10:52:11 AM »
My Malaysian friend.

I don't think there's a realistic saving to be made. You're gonna need a script from someone, and you'll not get a long term script because they will give you staged dosages. So, one month at lowest, one month at intermediate and then start the full dose.

After you're in the full dose they'll probably write you up for 3 months, maybe even six.

Cost is going to be about €90 per month plus doctoring costs and prescription fees. I pay €50 for a doctor visit and IIRC €30 to issue a script no matter how long it runs.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #977 on: April 19, 2024, 11:01:53 AM »
Free GP appointments are rather hard to get in the UK nowadays. So 3 months ago I decided to have a private all round check-up. The full hit including a treadmill with heart monitors, etc. Got a great consultant and in the broader context of health, we talked about weight. I raised the subject of Ozempic. He made some suggestions like consuming less wine, but said he could prescribe it, and said let's look at my blood in 3 months.

So I had that appointment this week, a few readings he wanted to see better were, and the rest he decided would get better with less weight. So he coughed up a private prescription for Wegovy (Ozempic). £425 for a three-month supply.

So like Andrew, there may be less of me in the coming months.  ;D
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #978 on: April 20, 2024, 02:49:13 AM »
You've got the proper mester's jollop!

Higher dose of semaglutide than Ozempic. More effective. At least it will be when you're on the full dose in a couple of months. Next time I see you you'll be looking like Skeletor from Masters of the Universe

Offline Manny

« Reply #979 on: April 20, 2024, 10:21:26 AM »
It starts at 0.5 a week for a month, then 1.0, then 1.75. We'll review it in three months.

He mentioned the tablets but said injectable Wegovy was better. It's easy enough, same as a T1D pen.

I did it last night, today I didn't even think about lunch. But later in the afternoon, I was feeling a bit foggy as I'd eaten nothing for about 9 hours. So I ate something, not because I was hungry, but because I recognised I needed to.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #980 on: April 20, 2024, 02:30:00 PM »
If I were you, I would ask Olya to remind you to eat. If you're anything like I was, for a few months, you will forget, and you will not feel hungry until your blood sugar levels fall and you get all radgy! I got Olga to make sure I was eating during this phase; it was necessary.

You might consider keeping a small supply of boiled sweets in your pocket, desk, or car for when blood sugar falls. That effect will die off after a while, but it will vex the people around you until it does! Also, you don't want to drive your car off the road!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #981 on: April 20, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
If I were you, I would ask Olya to remind you to eat. If you're anything like I was, for a few months, you will forget, and you will not feel hungry until your blood sugar levels fall and you get all radgy! I got Olga to make sure I was eating during this phase; it was necessary.

You might consider keeping a small supply of boiled sweets in your pocket, desk, or car for when blood sugar falls. That effect will die off after a while, but it will vex the people around you until it does! Also, you don't want to drive your car off the road!

What is a boiled sweet?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #982 on: April 21, 2024, 12:41:33 AM »
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_candy#:~:text=A%20hard%20candy%20(American%20English,%C2%B0F)%20to%20make%20candy.

What is a boiled sweet?

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #983 on: April 21, 2024, 02:20:22 PM »
What is a boiled sweet?

The British seem to want to go to great lengths to make even candy sound unappetizing.  British women and British food turned British men into the best sailors in the world.

:chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #984 on: April 22, 2024, 02:23:34 AM »
And the word 'candy' sounds appetising? Why?

Offline Manny

« Reply #985 on: April 22, 2024, 05:40:37 AM »

Coz it sounds like a cheerleader with pigtails.  :chuckle:

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #986 on: April 22, 2024, 09:40:43 PM »

Two words: Spotted Dick.  For you guys, it's a pudding, for everyone else, it's something you should have a doctor look at.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #987 on: April 23, 2024, 05:14:44 AM »
What is a boiled sweet?

The British seem to want to go to great lengths to make even candy sound unappetizing.  British women and British food turned British men into the best sailors in the world.

B/B

:ROFL: Classic and quite true. I'd never heard hard candy described quite that way and the closest his description of boiled sweets got me was syrup.

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #988 on: April 28, 2024, 09:25:46 AM »
Just watched a fairly new science dealing with diet, obesity, weight gain/loss, diseases such as Parkinson’s, diabetes, depression, anxiety (didn’t know that is classified now as a disease); and how they’re are all linked in every individual’s set of micro biomes.

It explains why each person is different in matters relating to weight loss, and how keeping certain food set isn’t necessarily beneficial to your diet plans.

I confess there’s a point in this show that I would have a difficult time subscribing to in the attempt to ‘right’ my gut.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Losing Weight: Reversing 38 Years Of Slow Growth
« Reply #989 on: May 01, 2024, 09:46:59 AM »

B/B

They searched the world to find spices for their jellied eels and mushy peas and a gander at
the occasional Non-uptight brown topless island girl.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration