The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK visitor VISA refused  (Read 6824 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: UK visitor VISA refused
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2015, 04:37:32 PM »
Moby, given your past record I am sure that 'honesty' was not top of the agenda when sorting out your latest darling's visa application.

We now seem to have an idea of where you went wrong but until you can understand where that was then you learned nothing and can't expect to get better results next time.

All that was necessary was to fill out the bloody forms, it ain't hard to do, thousands manage it every month but they don't try to play 'smartest man in the room'.

Sadly though your first, last and best response is to blame others for your shortcomings - you do that all the time. It is never you, never your screw up. Well,  usually it is. The world isn't out to get you - you do  a pretty good job of that yourself.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline tonton

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »

and there are members here who lived abroad who invited fiancées to the UK  - whom they supported - who were successful.

None spring to mind. Could you remind me who please?

If they want to say, but you know them personally - no more clues - it is for them to come forward. I am certain you are barking up the wrong tree.

For the record, I am one of those Moby is talking about who got my now Mrs a UK visitor visa when she was still living in Russia. Took 3 days, 11 years ago.

Online yankee

« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »
The first time my wife (before we got married) applied for visa to the US was rejected.  A year later I gave her a letter from me explaining the purpose of her visit (tourist) and that I would guarantee all her expenses.  She got her visa and used it twice before we got married.  The key thing was being honest.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Wiz

• Watched
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2015, 03:44:41 AM »
If I were doing this today, after doing that, in your situation .............

My other advice when it comes application time is do not declare a relationship*. Declare a "friendship" at best; preferably don't mention you at all. Have her apply alone with you having funded her bank account quietly. Others disagree with me on this - and they have the refusals to show it. A woman in a relationship with a resident is an intending immigrant; ie, a flight risk. The American government are upfront about that in their application data; we aren't. But IMO the same guideline applies.

As I intimated, this is not the first guest I invited and all the ladies owned their own places.

The variable here is .... 1/ They worked .... 2/ Did not have US refusals

But some had never been outside the former USSR - and despite your opinion - I can't see how someone with a track record for compliance and nearly a year's relationship could be a 'risk' with a nice pad and car back home...SC is better off than the previous guests in asset terms.

Manny and others,

You can knock the front door of a deaf person for ever, but he is not going to hear you!

This is the case of Moby, he never listen, learn or accept other peoples advice. He is Mr Know all … (F..all)!

I have to say that Manny gave good advice, which I highlighted and I followed exactly, in two instances, years before he made his post, with no problems at all!

I also agree with “Andrewfi” comments that when preparing the Application for a visa to UK, you must read very carefully the Questions and put yourself in the position of the VO, so to give the correct answers. A well prepared Application, I think, rarely gets a refusal.

In reply to Moby’s last comment, I say that the variable is simple:

You have to convince the VO, the “Applicant” has compelling reasons to return back home!

So .... 1) Permanent Job and salary, 2) Property Owner (helps immensely) 3) Money in the Bank enough to cover and support her/his self during the period visiting the UK. will have no problems getting you a visa.

In  a previous post I said to him: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,24596.msg416966.html#msg416966

Now .... let me tell you something we say in Greece!

1) The clever person ...... accepts his mistake.

2) The cunning ............... tries to find some excuses.

3) The idiot .................... insists or persists.

The choice is yours ..... how you describe your self!   

Online msmoby

« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2015, 05:53:59 AM »
I know UKVI have hooks into HMRC data, hence shedloads of T1 refusals on the immigration boards because of fiddled tax figures (high income to UKVI to get extension, low income to HMRC to evade tax).

I don't know, but I doubt they have any access to US or another countries visa refusal records, it's a margin call, you just don't know for sure. Still, the golden rule of visa apps is 'Get caught in lie, kiss visa goodbye' and not declaring refusals is considered deception and really thats the kibosh on it. Doesn't affect any future settlement visas though.

As I said, write to the ECM at the Consulate and ask for a reconsideration in the light of overlooked docs not presented to no fault of your own. Just that, nothing else, not hard luck stories about wrong floor or building or whatever, just enough so he or she can see the decision was not fair.

Getting hold of the ECM is not easy, that's your job...

You can only appeal on human rights of discriminatory grounds, neither of which apply here so not point trying to make them fit. Might still get denied but at least you'll know it's not on unfair grounds.

Thanks, again
You won’t make every topic about you. Think of it like containing a virus: you can’t have it infecting everywhere.

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online msmoby

« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »

For the record, I am one of those Moby is talking about who got my now Mrs a UK visitor visa when she was still living in Russia. Took 3 days, 11 years ago.

Thanks, Tonton...

V got hers in Moscow - she stopped off en route to CY from Siberia - same day. We weren't married and I made it clear I was 'sponsoring her trip' - she did have a job.. but it paid buttons.

Nobody gives a rats arse about the third word and pseudo-visas for $10 on arrival. They are valueless. Nobody wants to over stay in these places. I am telling you she needs visas from proper countries first. And I told you why. You are free to ignore me.

You dropped a bollock. You injected yourself into the application - against advice - and muffed it. After the event, you are still arguing and prevaricating. I told you how to do it, you want a debate. Nothing to debate here. I managed to import various people using my method, you started to do a Moby out of the gates, and a wheel fell off.

Either do what works, or find a new way and teach us all.

Manny, I appreciate you are trying to help - really - but you aren't reading. Since when has Spain - for example - not been a proper Shengen country   ?

I have pointed out that this route is exactly the one trodden before - the only differences being

1/ She had been refused US visas - you advised us to be dishonest

2/ she isn't working

3/ The vital supporting documents weren't supplied.

We'll respond to the answer to our complaint and I'll do my homework - as suggested by Ste.

I quite sure SC will make it to the UK - though it may now take some time..I'll now be going there.

Moby, given your past record I am sure that 'honesty' was not top of the agenda when sorting out your latest darling's visa application.

Your track record for making accurate assessments of situations - even with 'clues'  hasn't improved - if I was 'wrong' for telling the truth, then there'll be another application that will have the UK Visa folk wondering if I'm not her 'target'  :chuckle:

Thanks to all, for the input.

When there is news - I'll update

You won’t make every topic about you. Think of it like containing a virus: you can’t have it infecting everywhere.

Offline Manny

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
Since when has Spain - for example - not been a proper Shengen country   ?

Since never. Less so since it became bankrupt like Greece.

Really, you view the world through Moby-vision. You wont be told. I'll step off this topic now as I am wasting my time trying to teach you anything. Carry on complaining........
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Online msmoby

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »
Since when has Spain - for example - not been a proper Shengen country   ?

Since never. Less so since it became bankrupt like Greece.

OK, so now I know you aren't clued up on Shenghen and a common visa policy

Really, you view the world through Moby-vision. You wont be told. I'll step off this topic now as I am wasting my time trying to teach you anything. Carry on complaining........

Thanks for trying to help - all the same

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »
I think your problems have only just started, lets see what happens when you apply for YOUR next Russian visa after all the bad tales you have told about Mr Putin  :laugh: You could be heading for the Filipinos next year :plane:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2015, 01:33:32 AM »
I think your problems have only just started, lets see what happens when you apply for YOUR next Russian visa after all the bad tales you have told about Mr Putin  :laugh: You could be heading for the Filipinos next year :plane:

Well, I guess she'd be selling up in Russia ... As ever, I appreciate there is some seriousness in what you say - and you miss the fact it proves my point about political tolerance.. :coffeeread:

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »

Wonderful country if true. Now one has to worry about what they write on the Internet lest they get denied an entrance visa?! Sounds exactly like the bullshit my family escaped from in communist Romania.

Some of you people absolutely amaze me with your mindset. Truly unbelievable.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2015, 07:58:24 AM »

Wonderful country if true. Now one has to worry about what they write on the Internet lest they get denied an entrance visa?! Sounds exactly like the bullshit my family escaped from in communist Romania.

Some of you people absolutely amaze me with your mindset. Truly unbelievable.

Of course you could take a pointed remark made on an anonymous forum as being a valid warning about the inner workings of the Russian consular system - but that'd be really stupid, right?

I am sure that moby can manage to mess his life up even further without invoking the visa gods more than he has already done. I trust that the choice to escape the 'bullshit' your parents left behind in Romania was based upon a sounder foundation than this.  :'(
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
Well its not worth loosing any sleep over it. Things happen, life is a bitch sometimes…

The good thing to remember is there is always someone off in a worse situation than yourself . Some little kid just had both legs blown off and one arm today. So having a Visa denied is nothing in the grand scale of things.
Best to stop moaning and get on with things :)

:coffeeread:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration