The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: High heels, Furs and Vodka  (Read 4704 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: High heels, Furs and Vodka
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 05:13:49 AM »

Its an isolated town:)  :chuckle:  Try further down Dorset on the Devon border  :) Even the Daily mail will have a job finding any nice women in that corner of Dorset :)

'ere... Just because that would be the Jurassic Coast - doesn't mean there'll be 'ol fossils....
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2015, 06:21:34 AM »

Its an isolated town:)  :chuckle:  Try further down Dorset on the Devon border  :) Even the Daily mail will have a job finding any nice women in that corner of Dorset :)

'ere... Just because that would be the Jurassic Coast - doesn't mean there'll be 'ol fossils....

Everrrryyyyyyyone living in that area is an "Old Fossil"  I studied geography, geology and palaeontology there is not much I do not know about Fossils  :8)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 03:52:52 AM »
The girl on the left is called Nicole Drinkwater and the other is Alu Rodrigues, both from Cheltenham. Both are English.

Sorry, prejudices shot down.

One of 'em IS Spanish - as is her ma... is someone so desperate to save andrewfi from being wrong - again  :chuckle:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »
On the matter of Fur coats. It maybe a stupid question but if your other half happens to wear her fur coat to the Uk is it likely to be confiscated by customs?  ;D

Offline Manny

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 12:03:32 PM »
On the matter of Fur coats. It maybe a stupid question but if your other half happens to wear her fur coat to the Uk is it likely to be confiscated by customs?  ;D

If she wears it, no. If she has three new ones in her case and they open it, maybe.

Unless August.

The last dozen or so times I/we/she came in, customs were non-existent anyway. Just wander through the blue (EU arrivals) channel and the likelihood of encountering anyone is minimal anyway.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »
The girl on the left is called Nicole Drinkwater and the other is Alu Rodrigues, both from Cheltenham. Both are English.

Sorry, prejudices shot down.

One of 'em IS Spanish - as is her ma... is someone so desperate to save andrewfi from being wrong - again  :chuckle:

What on earth are you going on about you stupid ass?

I take it that you know more than the folks who published the pics.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2015, 11:37:13 PM »

If she wears it, no. If she has three new ones in her case and they open it, maybe.

Unless August.

The last dozen or so times I/we/she came in, customs were non-existent anyway. Just wander through the blue (EU arrivals) channel and the likelihood of encountering anyone is minimal anyway.

I will tell her the good news :) I would not want to be around if they tried to confiscate her coat :hidechair:

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 12:29:00 AM »
As a lover of women who wear high heels I have been increasingly distressed watching the young females of Russia and Ukraine increasingly start to copy their western sisters into flat/comfortable shoes.
This past summer in Odessa was particularly depressing, even on Deribasovskaya at night. Only the Club visitors have held the line. Thank God for the women in their 30's who hold onto the old ideals  :)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2015, 12:52:16 AM »
As a lover of women who wear high heels I have been increasingly distressed watching the young females of Russia and Ukraine increasingly start to copy their western sisters into flat/comfortable shoes.
This past summer in Odessa was particularly depressing, even on Deribasovskaya at night. Only the Club visitors have held the line. Thank God for the women in their 30's who hold onto the old ideals  :)

A few more years and they will probably go to the local supermarket in their slippers and PJ's as many do in the Uk :laugh:

Registration