The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hi! From Canada here!  (Read 1797 times)

Offline jake11

• Trips: None Yet
Hi! From Canada here!
« on: October 04, 2015, 05:51:26 PM »
Hi! I am glad to be here. I am here to have my grammar, declensions and translations corrected. I might take Slavic studies and Russian literature next year so I have to perfect my Russian. I love the Russian language. ;D
There are only three professional spies in the world: Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Putin, and Vladimir Putin.

Offline WestCoast

Re: Hi! From Canada here!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »
Jake11 welcome to RUA from a fellow Canadian. There can never be too many Canadians on forum.  :laugh:

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline jake11

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 06:50:09 PM »
Thanks!
There are only three professional spies in the world: Vladimir Putin, Vladimir Putin, and Vladimir Putin.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 07:43:36 PM »
Welcome to RUA, but I am easily confused.*

You are committed to a woman, she is from the former Soviet Union. But you have never travelled to this region.

Do you possess a passport, can you fly to Moscow or Kiev?

You love the Russian language and culture and yet reach out to a bunch of fellow Canucks, Yanks and Limmies to help you learn about Russia.

* Easy enough to do.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline jake11

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
Welcome to RUA, but I am easily confused.*

You are committed to a woman, she is from the former Soviet Union. But you have never travelled to this region.

Do you possess a passport, can you fly to Moscow or Kiev?

You love the Russian language and culture and yet reach out to a bunch of fellow Canucks, Yanks and Limmies to help you learn about Russia.

* Easy enough to do.

She's Canadian. I met her here. "I am willing to sell my soul to anyone who wants to buy it, just to own you, ______ " I cannot go there in Russia. Putin might go paranoid and have me arrested as a spy. Seriously. No bull. No kiddin'..

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
Hi! From Canada here!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 11:18:36 PM »
What do you mean?  You met a Russian spy in Canada?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 12:18:52 AM »
Jake may have been a bit unwell. His posts descended into a delusional insanity.

Don't take much heed to his words except as a diversion.  tiphat
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Registration