The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108229 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #1275 on: July 07, 2022, 11:19:37 AM »

British pound in trouble? currently testing a LOW IT HAS BOUNCED OFF OF TWICE.   Will it break lower and create new lows against the dollar?  Some think this is trend that will continue. All, you Brits want to talk about the USA problems.

As usual you talk rubbish... Check up to the moment live rates.... of currency exchanges.

https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/currency/currency-exchange-rates-table.html

:fighting0025:

As usual Wiz you don't understand what you're talking about. Take a look at the chart. The UK pound is crashing vs the USD.

https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=100&From=GBP&To=USD

Is this so difficult to understand?

If one currency rises in value another falls.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #1276 on: July 07, 2022, 01:41:21 PM »

British pound in trouble? currently testing a LOW IT HAS BOUNCED OFF OF TWICE.   Will it break lower and create new lows against the dollar?  Some think this is trend that will continue. All, you Brits want to talk about the USA problems.

As usual you talk rubbish... Check up to the moment live rates.... of currency exchanges.

As usual Wiz you don't understand what you're talking about. Take a look at the chart. The UK pound is crashing vs the USD.

It is pretty obvious that you know one orange treee, the XE company while, I was in business knew several companies......At the moment and the past few months the trading contitions...are not normal and are affected by the sale of the fake USA Dollar by the Biden clan,  which has no real value.....by sending arms etc to Ukraine.

Have you ever made any comparisons with the Ruble? 

For more info ask Manny and Andrew....they are dealing with foreign currency.

When I was running my Holiday company NEVER lost any money......when exchanging or investing UK Pounds...

Today just of little political trouble in UK and you found the time to check the value of $ dollar

I suggest you check the exhange rate tommorrow at around 16.00 GMT Time..... when they will be closing their books, according to the market rules.

As usual you talk rubbish.... instead of taking 1 day price you should read the weekly trent!

:coffeeread:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1277 on: July 07, 2022, 02:00:29 PM »
Wiz I am amazed you are so stupid or dishonest.

You sold tours to Greece in £ pounds your bank at the time guaranteed a payment in drachma. Your friendly banker, for a fee, provided a guarantee.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1278 on: July 07, 2022, 02:09:57 PM »

You sold tours to Greece in £ pounds your bank at the time guaranteed a payment in drachma. Your friendly banker, for a fee, provided a guarantee.

The only dishonet people are the people of your tribe...The Zionists who rob everybody.....and have as your God the MAMONA!

Now misserable gid..... go and fcuk your self and do not bother answering to my posts........ You had too many chances to be civilised but you cannot change and your nasty character is the reason that you live alone... hiding in USA ....
No sensible woman will come near you! :sick0012: :fighting0025:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1279 on: July 07, 2022, 02:12:52 PM »

The only dishonet people are the people of your tribe...The Zionists who rob everybody.....and have as your God the MAMONA!

Now misserable gid..... go and fcuk your self and do not bother answering to my posts........ You had too many chances to be civilised but you cannot change.

Most be a bad tooth ache.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1280 on: July 07, 2022, 02:38:00 PM »

Wiz didn't you say you have a son doing economics at university? Ask him to explain it to you.

It is pretty obvious that you know one orange treee, the XE company while, I was in business knew several companies......At the moment and the past few months the trading contitions...are not normal and are affected by the sale of the fake USA Dollar by the Biden clan,  which has no real value.....by sending arms etc to Ukraine.

Have you ever made any comparisons with the Ruble? 

For more info ask Manny and Andrew....they are dealing with foreign currency.

When I was running my Holiday company NEVER lost any money......when exchanging or investing UK Pounds...

Today just of little political trouble in UK and you found the time to check the value of $ dollar

I suggest you check the exhange rate tommorrow at around 16.00 GMT Time..... when they will be closing their books, according to the market rules.

As usual you talk rubbish.... instead of taking 1 day price you should read the weekly trent!

:coffeeread:

Please Andy and Manny teach me about the exchange rate between the UK pound and USD.

Wiz xe.com uses the mid-market rate for exchange rate conversions. Here's the definition:

The mid-market rate (sometimes called the interbank or middle rate) is the midpoint between the buy and sell prices of any two currencies at any time. And as the buy and sell rates are based on the constantly changing demand for and supply of a currency, the mid-market rate is constantly changing too.

https://www.clearcurrency.co.uk/stories/whats-the-mid-market-rate

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #1281 on: July 07, 2022, 09:20:54 PM »
v
Russia does not want a neutral Ukraine they want control of the country. They made that clear before the war.  A neutral Ukraine was offered to them. Turned down. It not only has to be neutral it cannot have any weapons. They wanted Ukraine broke up in a way that would give Russia veto power over any government policy. When Biden ask what could be done to avoid the war Putin said that he would have to have DeFacto control of the country.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-once-unthinkable-is-now-in-sight-for-battered-british-pound/ar-AAZgox0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=58d6f04236c947ca8e77516581143c80

I really don't think so.  Russia didn't want Ukraine to fall in line with the West, and I can see why.

On another note, the dollar seems to be very strong lately against many other currencies.  Here is what I've learned.  My wife is currently in Colombia for part of the summer.   The dollar is hitting historic highs against the Colombian Peso.   According to what she is seeing, the issue is the prices in Colombia are rising almost as fast as the dollar which nullifies a lot of it's gains.  The people who are really hurt though are the local Colombian's whose paychecks come in pesos are the ones getting squeezed as essential prices soar.   
I'm pretty sure this is happening in many other countries. 

Jonas! 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1282 on: July 07, 2022, 09:55:20 PM »
v
Russia does not want a neutral Ukraine they want control of the country. They made that clear before the war.  A neutral Ukraine was offered to them. Turned down. It not only has to be neutral it cannot have any weapons. They wanted Ukraine broke up in a way that would give Russia veto power over any government policy. When Biden ask what could be done to avoid the war Putin said that he would have to have DeFacto control of the country.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/the-once-unthinkable-is-now-in-sight-for-battered-british-pound/ar-AAZgox0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=58d6f04236c947ca8e77516581143c80

I really don't think so.  Russia didn't want Ukraine to fall in line with the West, and I can see why.

Jonas!

Shouldn't Russia have fallen in line with the EU, US, Canada, etc? After all these countries combined have far larger GDPs and militaries than Russia?

If Russia had fallen in line with EU, US, Canada, etc Russia would have benefited economically and gradually over time became far less corrupt and a more civilized country. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #1283 on: July 07, 2022, 10:41:32 PM »
v

Jonas!

Shouldn't Russia have fallen in line with the EU, US, Canada, etc? After all these countries combined have far larger GDPs and militaries than Russia?

If Russia had fallen in line with EU, US, Canada, etc Russia would have benefited economically and gradually over time became far less corrupt and a more civilized country.
No.   
Russia is not in a position where they need to fall in line with anyone.   Ukraine is though.

Jonas! 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1284 on: July 07, 2022, 11:32:03 PM »
v

Jonas!

No.   
Russia is not in a position where they need to fall in line with anyone.   Ukraine is though.

Jonas!

IMO I say Russia should have fallen in line with the EU, US et al. This would have meant as a member of the EU they would have had the most members in the European Parliament. A country receives a MEP for each million of population. Russia with the largest population by far in Europe would have dominated the European Parliament in sheer numbers of MEP.

With all the EU money for infrastructure and being forced to improve their judiciary police military etc Russia would have probably not had the amount of corruption it had and would not have had all the billions stolen by Putin and the oligarchs.   

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1285 on: July 08, 2022, 06:28:02 AM »
v

Jonas!

No.   

Jonas!

I think soon your will become unpopular like me by..... telling the American's the truth!

Starting with Russia, now we know that the country is self sufficient and does not have to import vital food or other products!

On the other hand they have too much Energy products to sell to anybody who has the money to pay...... but does not accept dollars anymore. It does not have the need to accept dollars….but gets paid, from everybody for its energy supplies in any other currency, mostly Euro, Chinese Wuan…Indian Ruppies .etc.

USA on the other hand does not have Energy products to export and only use Ukraine to export Arms etc, plus Mercenaries who every month die with the Ukrainians at around 600 a month, according to Yelenski admission.

Today I heard that Exxon (not sure the company name) had a problem in a little island where they liquefy GAS to LNG for export to EUROPE so no more exports and USA hardly exports other products……mostly made in China…….

Don’t know how long time this was happening but  Russia realised that their currency was getting very expensive  $=54 Rubbles...... and Putin with Elvira Nabuliena Bank of Russia  made arrangements and changed the Maximum Amounts of Transactions permitted to increase from 150.OOO Euro to 1 million euro per transaction thus slowly start reducing the value of the Rubble .

In the case of the Russian operation in Ukraine Russia has plenty oftime in its hand to play slo the game of taking over South Ukraine etc.......

Yelenski know now that he cannot rely to his British friend anymore.....as he is on the way out looking to find a house to live.......

Offline AJ

« Reply #1286 on: July 08, 2022, 08:47:19 AM »
 :::::yawn::::exchange rates today vs 5 years ago today
U.S dollar to :
Russian ruble
Chinese yuan (internal and offshore)
Swiss franc
Pound

All within a tenth or so  of a percentage  point across the board.

Make it more complex,  but its
Fundamentally stable in the world market
The sky isn't falling on the u.s war dollar ;) or any of those currencies.

The euro , yen ,and indian rupee the only significant ones trending slightly  negative over 5 years.

:popcorn:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1287 on: July 08, 2022, 09:54:46 AM »
:::::yawn::::exchange rates today vs 5 years ago today
U.S dollar to :
Russian ruble
Chinese yuan (internal and offshore)
Swiss franc
Pound

All within a tenth or so  of a percentage  point across the board.

Make it more complex,  but its
Fundamentally stable in the world market
The sky isn't falling on the u.s war dollar ;) or any of those currencies.

The euro , yen ,and indian rupee the only significant ones trending slightly  negative over 5 years.

:popcorn:

I have not heard from you lately and I thought you went to Kherson to apply for a Russian Nationality!..

Nice to see you are still around! ........... what a difference the old school......

The White House Needs To End Its Embarrassing, Petulant War On U.S. Oil

:thumbsup: tiphat

Online Texan77

« Reply #1288 on: July 08, 2022, 10:41:47 AM »

Jonas!

Yea just like NAZI Germany in 1942.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1289 on: July 08, 2022, 12:00:49 PM »

Jonas!

I never thought you are so Ancient  to remember the Nazi Germany who never invaded the USA or probably you were living in a European Country so you have personal experrience.....?  :ROFL:

Just before you make any comments.... I was not born during the WWII years...
I was born just After Greece was liberated from the Germans.....so my father had a party with my mother, celebrating his freadom out of prison.... and here I am... :party0011:  :party0031:

Online Texan77

« Reply #1290 on: July 08, 2022, 03:01:21 PM »

Jonas!

I never thought you are so Ancient  to remember the Nazi Germany who never invaded the USA or probably you were living in a European Country so you have personal

What happened to Germany is called culmination. This is a very studied condition of war. This is where a country carries out an attack at a rate beyond what they can maintain. Russia cannot produce ammunition and missiles at the rate they are using them. They have a large storage but some of the unexploded shells are now often from the 1960s.  The maintenance on the weapons, tanks, artillery, is likely reaching a point that the break downs will occurs at an increasing rate. Putin is saying he needs a pause to give his troops a rest. I bet he is not concern about the troops. Over the last month he did gain ground but very little. Culmination usually occurs over time where the first sign is the attack slows down and gains are small. Russia had to limit their offensive to a very small area of Ukraine. Going forward in about in about thirty days a much larger number of weapons from the land lease will start to arrive while Russia's effectiveness on the battlefield because of supplies and maintenance will decline. Ukraine is claiming to have destroyed 21 ammunition depos because they were now in range of their new longer-range artillery and rockets. So, in future Russia will have to keep ammunition depos further away from the front lines which is another loss of efficiency. First, we sent drones now Russia has made use of electronic warfare reducing the effectiveness of those weapons. The new weapons will not be detoured by electronic war fare weapons. We will see a new phase of the war beginning in the middle of next month. On the Russian side they seem to be wanting to get Belarus to join giving more material and more badly needed solders.   
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1291 on: July 08, 2022, 03:46:24 PM »

Jonas!

I never thought you are so Ancient  to remember the Nazi Germany who never invaded the USA or probably you were living in a European Country so you have personal

What happened to Germany is called culmination. This is a very studied condition of war. This is where a country carries out an attack at a rate beyond what they can maintain. Russia cannot produce ammunition and missiles at the rate they are using them. They have a large storage but some of the unexploded shells are now often from the 1960s.  The maintenance on the weapons, tanks, artillery, is likely reaching a point that the break downs will occurs at an increasing rate. Putin is saying he needs a pause to give his troops a rest. I bet he is not concern about the troops. Over the last month he did gain ground but very little. Culmination usually occurs over time where the first sign is the attack slows down and gains are small. Russia had to limit their offensive to a very small area of Ukraine. Going forward in about in about thirty days a much larger number of weapons from the land lease will start to arrive while Russia's effectiveness on the battlefield because of supplies and maintenance will decline. Ukraine is claiming to have destroyed 21 ammunition depos because they were now in range of their new longer-range artillery and rockets. So, in future Russia will have to keep ammunition depos further away from the front lines which is another loss of efficiency. First, we sent drones now Russia has made use of electronic warfare reducing the effectiveness of those weapons. The new weapons will not be detoured by electronic war fare weapons. We will see a new phase of the war beginning in the middle of next month.the Russian side they seem to be wanting to get Belarus to join giving more material and more badly needed solders.

While I am not army, I believe Texan is for the most part correct, it is called material math. Russia has paused its efforts to regoup, where as the Ukraine has continued to pound Russian fronts. I suspect Russia can see the handwriting on the wall.

Everyone is looking for an exit but someone has to do the first curtsy.

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #1292 on: July 08, 2022, 04:32:37 PM »

Jonas!

I don't think the comparison is a good one.  From the Russian perspective, they have just cause and it has been the US and NATO that are behaving aggressively.  Looking at it globally, they aren't wrong.

Jonas! 

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #1293 on: July 08, 2022, 04:36:50 PM »

Jonas!

What happened to Germany is called culmination. This is a very studied condition of war. This is where a country carries out an attack at a rate beyond what they can maintain. Russia cannot produce ammunition and missiles at the rate they are using them. They have a large storage but some of the unexploded shells are now often from the 1960s.  The maintenance on the weapons, tanks, artillery, is likely reaching a point that the break downs will occurs at an increasing rate. Putin is saying he needs a pause to give his troops a rest. I bet he is not concern about the troops. Over the last month he did gain ground but very little. Culmination usually occurs over time where the first sign is the attack slows down and gains are small. Russia had to limit their offensive to a very small area of Ukraine. Going forward in about in about thirty days a much larger number of weapons from the land lease will start to arrive while Russia's effectiveness on the battlefield because of supplies and maintenance will decline. Ukraine is claiming to have destroyed 21 ammunition depos because they were now in range of their new longer-range artillery and rockets. So, in future Russia will have to keep ammunition depos further away from the front lines which is another loss of efficiency. First, we sent drones now Russia has made use of electronic warfare reducing the effectiveness of those weapons. The new weapons will not be detoured by electronic war fare weapons. We will see a new phase of the war beginning in the middle of next month. On the Russian side they seem to be wanting to get Belarus to join giving more material and more badly needed solders.
Somewhere I read that Russia was using 50,000 shells a day.  I was surprised it would be that many.   I don't know how many a day they can manufacture but I would think it is less than 50k. 

While I am not army, I believe Texan is for the most part correct, it is called material math. Russia has paused its efforts to regoup, where as the Ukraine has continued to pound Russian fronts. I suspect Russia can see the handwriting on the wall.

Everyone is looking for an exit but someone has to do the first curtsy.

Putin states Russia hasn't barely begun.   That could mean a few things, it seems to be that Ukraine is going to find out.   

Jonas! 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1294 on: July 08, 2022, 05:12:30 PM »

Jonas!

I don't think the comparison is a good one.  From the Russian perspective, they have just cause and it has been the US and NATO that are behaving aggressively.  Looking at it globally, they aren't wrong.

Jonas!

Jonas did you not study WW2 in school/university? Hitler thought he had great causes for invading countries in Europe.

1. Pay reparations for WW1 Treaty of Versailles
2. Germany's navy was capped at unreasonably small ships
3. Lebensraum living space
4. Appeasement didn't work
5  Nazi BS

All in all there seems to have been a lot of BS from Hitler for invading countries in Europe. IOW Putin is putting out similar and sometimes different BS to invade Ukraine. Lots of BS about Nazis in Ukraine. The US and EU tried to appease Putin after he seized Crimea and the Donbas.

Putin felt closed in because all the countries in central EU liked and moved to the EU and NATO and few like Russia. Putin don't like the sanctions even though he said they didn't matter.

It's also likely that Putin won't stop with Ukraine just like Hitler didn't stop with invading one country. It's just that in Putin's case his military has been so corrupt and incompetent there was no quick win in Ukraine. If Putin had gotten a quick win in Ukraine he'd likely be finishing up invading and conquering Moldova. Maybe even moved on to Georgia or the stans?   

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #1295 on: July 08, 2022, 06:43:36 PM »

Jonas!

Jonas!

Jonas did you not study WW2 in school/university? Hitler thought he had great causes for invading countries in Europe.

5  Nazi BS

All in all there seems to have been a lot of BS from Hitler for invading countries in Europe. IOW Putin is putting out similar and sometimes different BS to invade Ukraine. Lots of BS about Nazis in Ukraine. The US and EU tried to appease Putin after he seized Crimea and the Donbas.

Putin felt closed in because all the countries in central EU liked and moved to the EU and NATO and few like Russia. Putin don't like the sanctions even though he said they didn't matter.

It's also likely that Putin won't stop with Ukraine just like Hitler didn't stop with invading one country. It's just that in Putin's case his military has been so corrupt and incompetent there was no quick win in Ukraine. If Putin had gotten a quick win in Ukraine he'd likely be finishing up invading and conquering Moldova. Maybe even moved on to Georgia or the stans?
Perhaps you should brush up on your comparisons.   

What you wrote about German Nazi's is very different than what is happening in Russia/Ukraine.     

All this talk about conquering this land, and that land wasn't really on the radar and appears to be more scare mongering.  Russia will have a likely permanent insurgency to contend with, but from the Russian view perhaps even that is better than permitting Ukraine to shift west and wind up working against Russian interests at a country level. 

Jonas! 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1296 on: July 08, 2022, 07:13:00 PM »

Jonas!

Jonas!

5  Nazi BS

Perhaps you should brush up on your comparisons.   

What you wrote about German Nazi's is very different than what is happening in Russia/Ukraine.     

All this talk about conquering this land, and that land wasn't really on the radar and appears to be more scare mongering.  Russia will have a likely permanent insurgency to contend with, but from the Russian view perhaps even that is better than permitting Ukraine to shift west and wind up working against Russian interests at a country level. 

Jonas!

As I said some things Hitler said for his war were similar to Putin's reasons others were different. Hitler had his Nazi BS about superiority and such. Putin has his BS about Nazis in Ukraine and Ukraine is not a real country.

Appeasement didn't work with the Nazis nor with Putin.

Lebensraum. Nazis wanted more land for their people. Putin wants Ukraine for its resources and maybe for its historic relationship to Russia.

I'm sure with a little more digging I could find more.

Either way IMO, Putin's just as big a Nazi as Hitler.

Offline Jonas!

« Reply #1297 on: July 10, 2022, 08:20:06 AM »

I think it best not to use the 'hitler' comparison as it is a distraction and doesn't address the actual facts in this case.  This situation is not analogous to Nazi Germany.   

Jonas!

Online AvHdB

« Reply #1298 on: July 10, 2022, 09:08:10 AM »

I think it best not to use the 'hitler' comparison as it is a distraction and doesn't address the actual facts in this case.  This situation is not analogous to Nazi Germany.   

Jonas!

I concur.

In many respects V. Putin is closer to J. Stalin and R. Mugabe.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #1299 on: July 10, 2022, 11:40:02 AM »

Jonas!

We use the Hitler comparison because everyone knows who he was and what he did.  Many people would not know who Joseph Stalin and Robert Mugabe were or the extent of their crimes.

Registration