The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108229 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #875 on: November 11, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
Actually Chinese building will have an effect on just about everything. This is because they buy so much raw materials for its construction industry. Many countries depend on the construction industry in China.  The thinking here on RUA is the USA will collapse, Europe will stay just like it is and the China will takes our place. But few want to consider the problem China has and negative out look for Europe. 

A few days ago I met the MD of one of the biggest scrap metal firms in the UK and we chatted a while. He tells me the raw scrap that used to go to China is now going to Turkey, Pakistan and India. The idea being that China is maybe building less infrastructure than it was and/or is sourcing elsewhere. Scrap metal is traded in dollars internationally by Europe and the US so countries that want to eschew the dollar will source off the dollar circuit.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Texan77

« Reply #876 on: November 11, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »
The US FED is taking 80 billion dollars a month out of our economy. They have been doing this for a while now.  It is only a matter of time before the good times end. So if any body wants to send there unwanted dollars back to the US they will be welcome as we can surely used them hopefully to get another month of the good times.

Maybe the tariff have cut some steel exports from China and the Chinese are just using there own steel instead of buying scrap. Steel, with a 25 per cent tariff, is the only thing with enough tariff to make any different in China's ability to sell it in the USA.  I am reading very many very aggressive construction projects are underway in China. One of their really big project is the electrical power system.

A part of this system is the vanadium battery project in China and increase in the amount of vanadium China is requiring in steel in construction projects is expected to make a world wide shortage of Vanadium and possibly create havoc in numerous industries in the west. Russia and China produce most of the worlds vanadium. The US does produce some but not enough and Europe produces none.  You can not produce modern aircraft or quality steel without vanadium. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #877 on: November 11, 2018, 03:28:33 PM »
The Ukraine is not perfect and it is not without its problems, but everything work like a normal country. The currency is stable. Most people are earning a living. There are not millions of Ukrainians leaving the country because they can not eat. I know life is hard there for many but not impossible like in a failed state.

I never thought you are so ignorant about Ukraine. Really you have not a clue what happened to that country and also what is going on today!

Last week we had a friend from kiev visiting us and the things she told us, are completely the opposite of what you posted. i got the impression that its' a completely failed state.

BTW Ukraine owes Russia $20 billion borrowed previously, which the current government refuse to pay. Ukraine survive with money they borrow from IMF.

I suggest you search and learn the History of the Ukraine.....actually the RT had an excellent documentary today about the Ukraine......with Oliver Stone and you will learn a lot watching it!

Meanwhile... watch this video and enjoy the Smile of Merkel, when
Putin tell her a joke and the final result of their policies.

[/b][/color]

Same end for USA Dollar. :ROFL:

tiphat

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online Texan77

« Reply #878 on: November 11, 2018, 04:18:07 PM »

I never thought you are so ignorant about Ukraine. Really you have not a clue what happened to that country and also what is going on today!

Last week we had a friend from kiev visiting us and the things she told us, are completely the opposite of what you posted. i got the impression that its' a completely failed state.

BTW Ukraine owes Russia $20 billion borrowed previously, which the current government refuse to pay. Ukraine survive with money they borrow from IMF.

I suggest you search and learn the History of the Ukraine.....actually the RT had an excellent documentary today about the Ukraine......with Oliver Stone and you will learn a lot watching it!

Please give me the conditions that you base your conclusion on that it is a fail state. Failed state always have failed currency.  Are you saying the currency in Ukraine has failed?  Failed state always can not delivery basic services like water and electricity. Are you saying the Ukraine can not deliver basic services? Please name them. It does not matter how much money they owe that is not a condition of a fail state. If it was Greece would be a failed state. It does not matter how much corruption there is in the Ukraine that does not make it a failed state neither. There are many countries that have worse corruptions levels than Ukraine and they are not failed states also.  Government workers show up for work everyday. In a failed state this does not happen. Busses run and trains are usually on time.  A failed state is one that can no longer govern because of a complete collapse of the government. Your friend just does not like the Ukraine and does not know what a failed state is.  Considering she is your friend it is not surprising.

Try to buy real estate in Ukraine. It is expensive. Another sign it is not a failed state. In failed state you can not sell real estate because the government does not function and can not give you owner ship.  You go around to all the shops and realize that they were sold as condos and they all have different owners. Ten of thousand of people own the space these shops are in. A million dollars would not make me a rich person in Ukraine. A chicken Hut franchise cost 500,000 dollars. There are a lot of them in Ukraine. A Mac Donald's is about two million dollars.  Other franchise have similar cost. It is hard for an out sider to be in business in Ukraine because it is hard to understand the corruption and to use it well.  The streets are full of cars some of them expensive. Almost all this stuff is own by Ukrainians.

The really biggest sign the Ukraine is not a failed state is your friend was safe to go to Kiev. The poverty stricken people would rob her as soon as she would have gotten there if this was a failed state. That would always be the case in failed state as law and order breaks down and it is not safe anybody including the locals that live there. As usual you have no idea what your talking about.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #879 on: November 11, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »

Please give me the conditions that you base your conclusion on that it is a fail state. Failed state always have failed currency.  Are you saying the currency in Ukraine has failed?  Failed state always can not delivery basic services like water and electricity. Are you saying the Ukraine can not deliver basic services? Please name them. It does not matter how much money they owe that is not a condition of a fail state. If it was Greece would be a failed state. It does not matter how much corruption there is in the Ukraine that does not make it a failed state neither. There are many countries that have worse corruptions levels than Ukraine and they are not failed states also.  Government workers show up for work everyday. In a failed state this does not happen. Busses run and trains are usually on time.  A failed state is one that can no longer govern because of a complete collapse of the government. Your friend just does not like the Ukraine and does not know what a failed state is.  Considering she is your friend it is not surprising.

Try to buy real estate in Ukraine. It is expensive. Another sign it is not a failed state. In failed state you can not sell real estate because the government does not function and can not give you owner ship.  You go around to all the shops and realize that they were sold as condos and they all have different owners. Ten of thousand of people own the space these shops are in. A million dollars would not make me a rich person in Ukraine. A chicken Hut franchise cost 500,000 dollars. There are a lot of them in Ukraine. A Mac Donald's is about two million dollars.  Other franchise have similar cost. It is hard for an out sider to be in business in Ukraine because it is hard to understand the corruption and to use it well.  The streets are full of cars some of them expensive. Almost all this stuff is own by Ukrainians.

The really biggest sign the Ukraine is not a failed state is your friend was safe to go to Kiev. The poverty stricken people would rob her as soon as she would have gotten there if this was a failed state. That would always be the case in failed state as law and order breaks down and it is not safe anybody including the locals that live there. As usual you have no idea what your talking about.

What do you expect for Don Quixote?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #880 on: November 11, 2018, 06:26:49 PM »
The Ukraine is not perfect and it is not without its problems, but everything work like a normal country. The currency is stable. Most people are earning a living. There are not millions of Ukrainians leaving the country because they can not eat. I know life is hard there for many but not impossible like in a failed state.

Everything is normal in ukraine? Then how come the roads aren't being repaired. how come the pensions aren't being paid. How come the child-care money is not being paid. How come government wages are a joke. I could go on, but the situation is far from a normal country.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Wiz

« Reply #881 on: November 11, 2018, 10:49:10 PM »

My friend knows her country much better than you, she lived there and is selling her flat because she has moved to Bulgaria and is living by the sea, thanks to her sons. Living in Kiev she told me.....is extremely dangerous.

She is a pensioner and her pension is not enough to pay her flat expenses or to live there. If it wasn't for her sons...... god knows how she would have survived.

How many times you have been to Ukraine and when, before or after YOUR colour revolutions?

I guess you have never been there and you are an expert?

Thank you for educating me regarding a fail state.......... :'(

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #882 on: November 12, 2018, 12:44:48 AM »

My friend knows her country much better than you, she lived there and is selling her flat because she has moved to Bulgaria and is living by the sea, thanks to her sons. Living in Kiev she told me.....is extremely dangerous.

The only time I had a problem in Kiev was when there was an attempt to hustle me by some cops 15 years ago. It was at Maidan. Alone and with Julia we have walked day and night in Podil, Shevchenkivskyi (down town), and Perchersk.

We have also visited the Left Bank numerous times at night. Having noted this Julia says there are some dangerous parts of the city. Julia will know this because she is a realtor.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #883 on: November 12, 2018, 01:21:49 AM »
Per Putin....

"Russia is making efforts to reduce dependence on the dollar, they have already brought some results. This assessment is given in an article published on Sunday on the website of the wall street journal."

Offline Wiz

« Reply #884 on: November 12, 2018, 02:05:41 AM »

The only time I had a problem in Kiev was when there was an attempt to hustle me by some cops 15 years ago. It was at Maidan. Alone and with Julia we have walked day and night in Podil, Shevchenkivskyi (down town), and Perchersk.

We have also visited the Left Bank numerous times at night. Having noted this Julia says there are some dangerous parts of the city. Julia will know this because she is a realtor.

As I have already posted in another previous post, I first travelled to Ukraine - Lvov in 1978 for a very long weekend and stayed at the Grand Hotel and in the evenings we had a great time in the bar "Yellow Submarine".

I can assure you, I never had any problem anywhere I travelled in Ukraine especially in kiev where I happen to be around during the Orange Revolution days......at the Hotel Ukraina. I took this photo, from my window, just before the demonstrations started...

Maidan Square

My friend is a widow of a high ranking army officer .... but as I said.....thanks to her sons.... she moved to Burgas in Bulgaria, where she feels very safe, from where she can travel often to UK and she speaks very good English. Soon she will have a Bulgarian Nationality and Passport.

She has no reason to lie to me about the situation in Ukraine. REM she is a pensioner.!

:coffeeread:

Online Texan77

« Reply #885 on: November 12, 2018, 06:59:12 AM »

Everything is normal in ukraine? Then how come the roads aren't being repaired. how come the pensions aren't being paid. How come the child-care money is not being paid. How come government wages are a joke. I could go on, but the situation is far from a normal country.

Sadly outside of top 30 countries or so that is normal for much of the world. Look at Ukraine and see the Europe of the future after the Euro and dollar collapse.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #886 on: November 13, 2018, 12:11:44 AM »
Texan77, please help me out here. Can you share with us, in dollars, the average income for people in Ukraine? And perhaps the GDP per capita (nominal or PPP, your choice)

Maybe you could tell me which European or Sub-Sahara African countries these amounts compare with?

Thanks for your help.

By the way, yes, I get it - you get misled by the miserable quality of infrastructure in Ukraine being so similar to that seen in parts of your country. Believe me when I tell you that this does not flatter the United States in any way.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: De-Dollarisation. - andrewfi drives to the UK - he should know better
« Reply #887 on: November 13, 2018, 02:15:05 AM »
Dear Andrew

Seeing you choose to drive  to the UK - you'll know that the infrastructure of roads do not improve until you are near Warsaw - with a few short sections of dual road  near Riga

IF you drive to Russia - you'd know the roads  - even to Moscow - aren't good - until close.

So.....  I was wondering what 'point' you are trying to make ?

Is it demonstrating you don't know

or

ignorance

OR

where you trying to be ''superior' and making a spectacle of yourself - as is SO often the case ?

It is noted that my responses to your howlers are 'withheld' for your own protection  :chuckle:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #888 on: November 13, 2018, 06:14:57 AM »

Sadly outside of top 30 countries or so that is normal for much of the world. Look at Ukraine and see the Europe of the future after the Euro and dollar collapse.

Another banging quote from yank that's hardly travelled. I get to this conclusion because after I burst out laughing, I found a link for you. Take a look at the table and I'll help you here by listing the following countries outwith the top 30;

https://www.countries-ofthe-world.com/richest-countries.html

South Korea, Andorra, New Zealand, Spain, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Portugal, Cyprus, Israel........the list goes on and I've visited most.

Do you honestly think life in these countries is similar to that in Ukraine??

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #889 on: November 13, 2018, 06:56:12 AM »
What is moby burbling about?

Did your dole giro arrive? Big morning at the offy?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #890 on: November 13, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
What is moby burbling about?

Did your dole giro arrive? Big morning at the offy?

He is hallucinating at the Sochi beach after a night with his woman....... One night with her and he is out of the count!

Except if he lied on the posthe made 2 days ago!

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Online Texan77

« Reply #891 on: November 15, 2018, 01:21:09 AM »
Texan77, please help me out here. Can you share with us, in dollars, the average income for people in Ukraine? And perhaps the GDP per capita (nominal or PPP, your choice)

Maybe you could tell me which European or Sub-Sahara African countries these amounts compare with?

Thanks for your help.

By the way, yes, I get it - you get misled by the miserable quality of infrastructure in Ukraine being so similar to that seen in parts of your country. Believe me when I tell you that this does not flatter the United States in any way.

Andrew, In this world there are nearly a hundred third world countries. If you compare Ukraine against other third world, their road are excellent. There wages are in line. Yes they make about 200 dollars a month if you consider the above board money but there is a lot of black money so one one really know. In this world there are countries that make about 100 dollar day and there are countries that make about ten dollars a day and there are countries that make about 1 dollar a day. Ukraine is a country where they make about ten dollar a day for unskilled worker. Of the two hundred countries in the world Ukraine is about the middle.

But if you compare Ukraine to central America you will find it is much better. If you compare it to Mexico Ukraine is much safer, better than many parts of that country. It is much better than much of Africa, much of south America, many island countries and much of the middle east.  Ukraine is no where near a failed state. That is the point.

It is just in Europe, because of Russia, Ukraine gets bad press. There are other eastern European countries that are not much better but no body wants to talk about them. There are large parts of southern and central Russia not much better also. How many people here go to the Islamic parts of Russia? It is not very pretty I hear.  Central Russia also very poor. Of course the people here go to the wealthy European parts of Russia and then think the whole country is like that.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #892 on: November 15, 2018, 05:36:25 AM »

Thanks for your help.

Andrew, In this world there are nearly a hundred third world countries. If you compare Ukraine against other third world, their road are excellent. There wages are in line. Yes they make about 200 dollars a month if you consider the above board money but there is a lot of black money so one one really know. In this world there are countries that make about 100 dollar day and there are countries that make about ten dollars a day and there are countries that make about 1 dollar a day. Ukraine is a country where they make about ten dollar a day for unskilled worker. Of the two hundred countries in the world Ukraine is about the middle.

But if you compare Ukraine to central America you will find it is much better. If you compare it to Mexico Ukraine is much safer, better than many parts of that country. It is much better than much of Africa, much of south America, many island countries and much of the middle east.  Ukraine is no where near a failed state. That is the point.

It is just in Europe, because of Russia, Ukraine gets bad press. There are other eastern European countries that are not much better but no body wants to talk about them. There are large parts of southern and central Russia not much better also. How many people here go to the Islamic parts of Russia? It is not very pretty I hear.  Central Russia also very poor. Of course the people here go to the wealthy European parts of Russia and then think the whole country is like that.

But you said;

Sadly outside of top 30 countries or so that is normal for much of the world.

Clearly that's a lie.

Online Texan77

« Reply #893 on: November 18, 2018, 12:21:40 AM »
The PPP of Ukraine is official 8700 dollars per person. The number is likely low because of all the dark money that is in the country. Officially it is ranked little below the half way point at 116 out of two hundred countries in the world's country. Moldavia has a ppp of 5700. Georgia is 110 out of two hundred counties. All the countries Russia invades seem to have low ppp problems. Panama, Grenada and Iraq have 24,300, 14,700 and 17,000 in that order showing it is much better to be invaded by the USA than Russia.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #894 on: November 18, 2018, 04:46:22 AM »
The PPP of Ukraine is official 8700 dollars per person. The number is likely low because of all the dark money that is in the country. Officially it is ranked little below the half way point at 116 out of two hundred countries in the world's country. Moldavia has a ppp of 5700. Georgia is 110 out of two hundred counties. All the countries Russia invades seem to have low ppp problems. Panama, Grenada and Iraq have 24,300, 14,700 and 17,000 in that order showing it is much better to be invaded by the USA than Russia.

better to be invaded by the USA. Is there any countries left for the USA to invade? or occupy!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #895 on: November 18, 2018, 11:41:52 AM »
Is there any countries left for the USA to invade? or occupy!

Plenty they'd salivate at the prospect of invading: Russia, China, North Korea, et al. But those countries can defend themselves so Uncle Sam will just bellyache from afar.

A better question might be "Are there any defenceless countries left full of oil, gold, gas or other resources that Uncle Sam can spread some, um.... democracy to, kill or force into exile the leader, loot the country, and then install lots of US politicians and their relatives in the utility and other cash cow companies to um.... rebuild that place?"

If you know one, Killary will be there with her cookies and Soros will be buying some flags. Need a new prez? Saakashvili has a window in his schedule.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #896 on: November 18, 2018, 01:14:53 PM »
Is there any countries left for the USA to invade? or occupy!
Plenty they'd salivate at the prospect of invading: Russia, China, North Korea, et al. But those countries can defend themselves so Uncle Sam will just bellyache from afar.

Yes I know a few, Greece, Albania, FYROM, Kosovo and Cyprus.

Victoria  Nulan
has been there already, with her cookies and Soros has supported $$$ all politicians and are now in his pocket and most importantly .... Geoffrey Pyatt, the famous CIA/USA Ambassador in Ukraine is already in Athens, working hard on the project.   

I forgot to mention that the Zionists from Israhell are there too..... Keep an eye in that page.........

>:(

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #897 on: November 18, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »

Yes I know a few, Greece, Albania, FYROM, Kosovo and Cyprus.

Wiz,

EVERYONE 'knows' Cyprus was prevented falling into Kremlin control by Kissinger in '74 ...

Kosovo was saved from that nasty little man Milosovic - along with the rest of Yugoslavia

Now, Kremlin II are trying to undo all the good works of Washington

Get with the case ')
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Texan77

« Reply #898 on: November 18, 2018, 01:36:20 PM »
The only countries left to invade is the poor one.

You know in Grenada they have a large holiday to celebrate the USA invasion. No body celebrates an Russian Invasion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #899 on: November 18, 2018, 04:20:09 PM »
The only countries left to invade is the poor one.

You know in Grenada they have a large holiday to celebrate the USA invasion. No body celebrates an Russian Invasion.

Some years ago, a liberal reporter went down to Grenada to do a story about the invasion.  He expected Grenadians to all hate Reagan but the most common response he got was, "Reagan?  God bless the man."

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.