The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: De-Dollarisation.  (Read 108240 times)

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: De-Dollarisation.
« Reply #575 on: April 19, 2016, 06:02:10 AM »
Or......

You guys are doing your best to isolate Russia and instigate regime change for your own benefit. If you can wean Europe off Russian oil & gas and take the trade over the Atlantic, job done. The american obsession with the old enemy knows no bounds and the contempt many have for Russia is obvious. This type of mentality can only be adopted through years of propaganda and its really sad to see. Even worse, many of these types go looking for a Russian wife....figure that out!

1). Most of us go for Ukrainian women or those of other FSU countries not Russian women at this time. 2). Regime change in Russia will not likely happen soon as Putin is in too much control including the public opinion at this time. We do not have to isolate Russia, Putin does that for us. But understand that is what is needed for him to stay in power. If there is no big bad west then Russia does not need Putin and his war machine.

3). When it come to shooting down the Jet in Turkey none of you see at it all from the Turkish side. These people that Russia were bombing are ethnic Turks. Many of them were civilians with relatives in Turkey. 4). Russia is supporting a government in Syria that is very unpopular in Turkey. What would happen if the USA would bomb ethnic Russians in Ukraine to support the government there.Then one of our jets would flown into Russia air space. 5). Russia has this double standard that they can do anything and it is right because they are Russia. Then whine much worse than Donald Trump when it does not go their way.

6). Russia has used gas price as a weapon in Europe. Europeans are tired of Russia and all of this. Why else would they pay more for gas coming from the USA?

7). This piece on Fox news was apparently just something they did trying to fill time. These news programs go one for hours and they have got to fill the time. It is, of course, poor quality and sadly FOX does this often. I did not watch all of it but even this bit about the Keystone pipeline was not correct. The oil in this pipeline would have little value at this time with the low price of oil. The oil that this pipeline would bring to market is of low quality and it is cheaper for the refineries to process higher grade oil that is available cheap now. I think Putin would of thought it funny if we would spent the money to build this money losing project.

Understand FOX news is not owned by the USA government and should be seen for what it is. A bunch of people trying to fill air time on TV. Some of what they say has value but most of it does not.

Texan 77

Extremely disappointed to read your above comments, after your previous reply to one of the questions I made. I thought you are different and objective and you do not fall for media propaganda. Oh well your live and learn, as they say here.!

The video I watched on Fox TV, is old one (check the date) and full of propaganda and crap. We have moved a lot ever since.

1). Over the years on these boards, I have noticed Americans go for the cheap and more desperate market, because the Russians have better standard of living and not that desperate to escape.

2). At least you understand you have no hope in hell getting rid of Putin and with public support behind him…. You can’t  :censored: Russia again, and treat it as you have done in the Yeltsin years. Russians recognise what he has done for their country, despite all the corruption by the oligarchs. The priority of any patriotic leader is to modernise his country’s defences, if his country is surrounded by possible enemies, as it’s the case with Russia. Look the Map of Russia and USA and you will notice that Russia has frontiers with 18 countries in the south, unlike the USA. Common sense dictates that and the US doesn’t like strong opposition or sharing influence around the globe.

3). I suggest you read again the info and learn who were the people in that area, that Russian planes were bombing to close down the corridor from where ISIS were getting their American army and other supplies.

It is pretty obvious who indicated their agreement, in the G7 meeting in Antalya, for the shooting down of the Russian fighter. The Russians were informing the American’s about their flying…. So the Turks were waiting the Russian planes! Turkey is a member of NATO and Ertogan will never dare to do anything without American approval otherwise he is out in days?

4). In Syria, it’s normal that Russia was looking after its own interests and was helping an old ally, to establish better control of its country unlike the Americans, who supposedly were bombing ISIS and their puppet Ertogan, was training and transporting to them the American supplies. Ertogan’s daughter was taking care of the ISIS wounded in Turkey and his Son was selling the ISIS stolen Oil! So what you don’t understand about Ertogan’s dislike of Assad?

When the bombing of the Donbass started? Was it coincident that the CIA director, John Brennan, visited P. Poroshenko a couple of days before?

5). You are obviously talking about USA and not Russia, that has the power and does exactly as you say to any poor country in the world! People of other poor countries are spellbound of your democratic values and follow your actions with religious obsession.  :sick0012:

Take a look at this article and note the date was published: Anti-Americanism: Causes and Characteristics

6). Europe has been receiving oil and gas supplies since the USSR years. I don’t remember there were problems before until the US and Germany put their nose in Ukraine.

When you start exporting oil and gas to Europe…. Comeback and tell us all about it!

BTW it was the greedy banksters and the seven oil sisters that increased the cost of oil and gas, after the 1st Israeli v Arabs war, and when Putin came to power… was very happy to follow and sell oil at $120 a barrel. When the US realised that Putin was getting very strong in currency and Gold reserves changed their tactic but then it was too late!

7). Already told you it’s crap. The owner of Fox tried the same influence in the UK, with his papers and was  :censored:

I suggest, if you want to continue been respected, post only serious and objective comments.

Do not follow the ignorant trolls.
 :popcorn:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #576 on: April 19, 2016, 06:43:36 AM »

I know Russian history and attitudes better than the average bear.  Please tell me, why at the outset of Operation Barbossa when the Germans invaded the former Soviet Union, the average German soldier was able kill approximately 10 of his Soviet counterparts?  I'm sure you know the answer.  Yet even today, Stalin is held in high regard by some, when in fact it was he who put them in the awful position they were at the start of the war.

Without wishing to defend the evil Stalin in any way, we have to assess what his options were in this situation.
He had an small army, and an untrained large body of men, they had a rifle between 6 of them, and 5-10 rounds of ammo.
The question facing him was very simple, pull as much as possible in such a short time back to the Urals, or put this body of men with some of his army to face the well trained, battle hardened, well equipped German army and air force (which Stalin also lacked), knowing that few would survive, but, they may just be able to slow up the German advance to win enough time to acquire more arms, ammunition, equipment, training of men.
What exactly would you do??

For start I would listen to your military advisors & generals who warned the Third Reich was coming, instead of executing them.

I am having business lunch shortly so I will answer the other points latter on.

Absolutely correct and he was lucky to have Zhukov, later.

Stalin was also lucky that Hitler choose to help Mussolini and invaded Greece, where he lost a couple of months of good weather, before starting the "Barbarossa" invasion of Russia.

During the Battle of Crete , the Germans formidable and invincible weapon , the parachutists , the spear-head of the Nazi forces , was completely annihilated . The parachutists suffered a devastating blow from which they never recovered. Most of the first wave of paratroopers was annihilated within minutes following their drop. A large number of planes were shot down or crush landed after serious anti-aircraft damage.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #577 on: April 19, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »

I know Russian history and attitudes better than the average bear.  Please tell me, why at the outset of Operation Barbossa when the Germans invaded the former Soviet Union, the average German soldier was able kill approximately 10 of his Soviet counterparts?  I'm sure you know the answer.  Yet even today, Stalin is held in high regard by some, when in fact it was he who put them in the awful position they were at the start of the war.

Without wishing to defend the evil Stalin in any way, we have to assess what his options were in this situation.
He had an small army, and an untrained large body of men, they had a rifle between 6 of them, and 5-10 rounds of ammo.
The question facing him was very simple, pull as much as possible in such a short time back to the Urals, or put this body of men with some of his army to face the well trained, battle hardened, well equipped German army and air force (which Stalin also lacked), knowing that few would survive, but, they may just be able to slow up the German advance to win enough time to acquire more arms, ammunition, equipment, training of men.
What exactly would you do??

For start I would listen to your military advisors & generals who warned the Third Reich was coming, instead of executing them.

I am having business lunch shortly so I will answer the other points latter on.

The military persons who were either executed or imprisoned happened between 1936 & 1938, before the war began in Europe, also well before the start of preceding's with Russia.
A terrible thing it was, and is inexcusable, but I would repudiate your suggestion that had this not happened Russia would have been better prepared for war.
It is to be noted, that actual executions represented about 7% of military officers/commissars, given that some of the most senior members were included, also note that these people were NOT tried for attempting to warn Stalin about the German build up and possible war against Russia.
The reasons for this could be a subject of another discussion as they seem to be irrelevant to the current subject.

Enjoy your lunch..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #578 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:15 AM »

Texan 77

Extremely disappointed to read your above comments, after your previous reply to one of the questions I made. I thought you are different and objective and you do not fall for media propaganda. Oh well your live and learn, as they say here.!

The video I watched on Fox TV, is old one (check the date) and full of propaganda and crap. We have moved a lot ever since.

1). Over the years on these boards, I have noticed Americans go for the cheap and more desperate market, because the Russians have better standard of living and not that desperate to escape.

2). At least you understand you have no hope in hell getting rid of Putin and with public support behind him…. You can’t  :censored: Russia again, and treat it as you have done in the Yeltsin years. Russians recognise what he has done for their country, despite all the corruption by the oligarchs. The priority of any patriotic leader is to modernise his country’s defences, if his country is surrounded by possible enemies, as it’s the case with Russia. Look the Map of Russia and USA and you will notice that Russia has frontiers with 18 countries in the south, unlike the USA. Common sense dictates that and the US doesn’t like strong opposition or sharing influence around the globe.

3). I suggest you read again the info and learn who were the people in that area, that Russian planes were bombing to close down the corridor from where ISIS were getting their American army and other supplies.

It is pretty obvious who indicated their agreement, in the G7 meeting in Antalya, for the shooting down of the Russian fighter. The Russians were informing the American’s about their flying…. So the Turks were waiting the Russian planes! Turkey is a member of NATO and Ertogan will never dare to do anything without American approval otherwise he is out in days?

4). In Syria, it’s normal that Russia was looking after its own interests and was helping an old ally, to establish better control of its country unlike the Americans, who supposedly were bombing ISIS and their puppet Ertogan, was training and transporting to them the American supplies. Ertogan’s daughter was taking care of the ISIS wounded in Turkey and his Son was selling the ISIS stolen Oil! So what you don’t understand about Ertogan’s dislike of Assad?

When the bombing of the Donbass started? Was it coincident that the CIA director, John Brennan, visited P. Poroshenko a couple of days before?

5). You are obviously talking about USA and not Russia, that has the power and does exactly as you say to any poor country in the world! People of other poor countries are spellbound of your democratic values and follow your actions with religious obsession.  :sick0012:

Take a look at this article and note the date was published: Anti-Americanism: Causes and Characteristics

6). Europe has been receiving oil and gas supplies since the USSR years. I don’t remember there were problems before until the US and Germany put their nose in Ukraine.

When you start exporting oil and gas to Europe…. Comeback and tell us all about it!

BTW it was the greedy banksters and the seven oil sisters that increased the cost of oil and gas, after the 1st Israeli v Arabs war, and when Putin came to power… was very happy to follow and sell oil at $120 a barrel. When the US realised that Putin was getting very strong in currency and Gold reserves changed their tactic but then it was too late!

7). Already told you it’s crap. The owner of Fox tried the same influence in the UK, with his papers and was  :censored:

I suggest, if you want to continue been respected, post only serious and objective comments.

Do not follow the ignorant trolls.
 :popcorn:
Wiz, what a howler, coming from you.  :ROFL:  :ROFL:

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #579 on: April 20, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »
Of course, I'm only spewing Western propaganda

:nod:

You're now sometime writing for sites owned by friends of the Kremlin.  This site gets RT funding.

Of course, when Putin claimed that these highly trained paratroopers got lost, that was NOT propaganda.   :ROFL:

http://www.voanews.com/content/ukraine-captured-troops-proof-of-russian-role-in-separatist-fight/2428732.html

The mountains of evidence that Russia did indeed invade Eastern Ukraine boggles the mind.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #580 on: April 20, 2016, 02:36:46 PM »

You're now sometime writing for sites owned by friends of the Kremlin.  This site gets RT funding.

Of course, when Putin claimed that these highly trained paratroopers got lost, that was NOT propaganda.   :ROFL:

http://www.voanews.com/content/ukraine-captured-troops-proof-of-russian-role-in-separatist-fight/2428732.html

The mountains of evidence that Russia did indeed invade Eastern Ukraine boggles the mind.

The Voice of America (VOA) is the official external broadcast institution of the United States federal government. The VOA provides programming for broadcast on radio, TV, and the Internet outside of the U.S.,

The Voice of America is fully funded by the U.S. government.

Some scholars and commentators consider the Voice of America to be a form of propaganda.

(Quotes from Wiki)

Ant, you have the balls to complain about RT but quote this propaganda rag... :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Manny

« Reply #581 on: April 20, 2016, 02:41:39 PM »
Ant, you have the balls to complain about RT but quote this propaganda rag... :ROFL: :ROFL:

Maybe he will ask VOA if they want to run an ad here?  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #582 on: April 20, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »

The Voice of America (VOA) is the official external broadcast institution of the United States federal government. The VOA provides programming for broadcast on radio, TV, and the Internet outside of the U.S.,

Some scholars and commentators consider the Voice of America to be a form of propaganda.

(Quotes from Wiki)

No Gypo you missed the point.  VOA was only carrying in English, what had been carried in Russian and Ukrainian by the Ukrainians, who captured Russian paratroopers who were supposedly "lost" in Ukraine.

That my friend is propaganda.  We know eventually Putin will smirk and joke, "of course I sent Russian soldiers and tanks into E. Ukraine"; just like he did with Crimea.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #583 on: April 20, 2016, 03:10:18 PM »

Maybe he will ask VOA if they want to run an ad here?  :chuckle:

Maybe I will.  Lord knows if you had more exposure you might revive your website back to what it was before.  :laugh:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #584 on: April 20, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »

(Quotes from Wiki)

No Gypo you missed the point.  VOA was only carrying in English, what had been carried in Russian and Ukrainian by the Ukrainians, who captured Russian paratroopers who were supposedly "lost" in Ukraine.

That my friend is propaganda.  We know eventually Putin will smirk and joke, "of course I sent Russian soldiers and tanks into E. Ukraine"; just like he did with Crimea.

I missed nothing, the original story was released by Ukraine, the soldiers got lost because their GPS was not working, so the US was again at fault for blocking GPS satellite comms... :ROFL:

Crimea was returned to its rightful home, job done..

Russia does not want to own the Donbass areas, they want what the people there want, full autonomy within Ukraine, give them that and all will be well..

Oh, and pay me back for the new window in my extended family's apartment, cos they never will... :ROFL:

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #585 on: April 21, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »

BRICS Under Attack: Western Banks, Governments Launch Full-Spectrum Assault On Russia

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/brics-under-attack-western-banks-governments-launch-full-spectrum-assault-russia/ri14006
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Re: ''De-Dollarisation.''
« Reply #586 on: May 03, 2016, 01:51:29 PM »
'de-dollarsation' was not exactly evident at the Sochi Yacht show..

Everything was priced in Dollars or Euros  :coffeeread:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2016, 12:21:39 PM »
Synopsis of a conversation with a chap today in China who owns a factory:

"How much are these if I take 5000?"
"$X each"
"Why are we talking dollars in China when I am not American? Do we need to use a currency foreign to both of us? I'd prefer not to use dollars."
"I agree with you, our government is trying to get people away from using the dollar actually, its outdated for us now, its just habit. Pounds or RMB?"
"RMB is fine"
"RMB it is"

An interesting side conversation we had as a result of that exchange covered Russia, Syria and America. He said their media is now talking about American aggression across the world where they seldom did before. He also said the discussion in Chinese media had started about China joining in with Russia in Syria.

We discussed Russia, he said Russia and Putin are generally well regarded in China. Certainly, there are no shortage of Russians at the trade fair I am at here in China. It is the language I hear most after Chinese and English. He said despite the Rouble being weaker, Russians are still buying. They are just haggling more.

Dry humour is something you seldom see in the Chinese. I asked him if he had similar political conversations with his American customers, he said, "What can you tell them? They all watch CNN". Made me laugh anyway.........

Needless to say, a deal was done, and not in dollars.

A little tale I thought I'd share kinda relevant with the above.

In my continuing quest to de-dollarise, I have one Chinese company I deal with who were stuck in the dollar rut. They rejected my previous ideas to pay in another currency with modest orders in the past.

This week I am discussing with them an order that is circa £40k. Ball is in my court now.  :evilgrin0002:

I said this:

Is it necessary we always use US Dollars? It isnt my currency or yours. For me it makes no sense some Chinese companies still want to use the American dollar with people who are not American. Many are now eschewing the dollar in line with Chinese government recommendations. I am just as happy to pay in Pounds, Euros, Yuan or HK$. US Dollars really don't suit me.

And within the hour I got back:

I attached the new quotations in EUR. or you want to pay in Pounds, HK$, whichever is ok!
When we sending PI to you next time, we can according to the current rate of international monetary market and not use dollar. Is it ok?

Bingo! They were the only one I deal with in China still holding out for dollars. My last nut to crack as it were. No USD for me now in China.   ;D
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #588 on: May 13, 2016, 11:34:40 AM »
This is from the Sovereign Society email today - renamed after lead editor Bob Bauman's son with a respectful nod to his Dad one of their primary writers and thought leaders in the Sovereign Society organization - not known as panic sky is falling Gold touts...

I am looking very closely at the various Everbank FDIC insured CDs - baskets of currencies and commodities likely to rise when the the global economy recovers eventually and not likely to evaporate if the dollar and social safety nets in the USA disintegrate.

Dear Doomsday Scenario:

American retirees have feared the day our nation would no longer be able to pay its monthly Social Security obligations.

Unfortunately, several reports now confirm that these fears will become an ugly reality very soon.

Doug Bandow, a former special assistant to President Ronald Reagan and a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, warns that seniors must plan for “Social Security’s coming crash.”

And in an alarming article, U.S. News & World Report argues that payouts will inevitably end, and says you must learn how to “prepare for the end of Social Security” now.

However, one famous economist, James Dale Davidson, boldly predicts:

“We could see the end of Social Security as soon as 2016, and there is nothing President Obama, Congress or any other government agency can do to stop it.”

Yes, Social Security could end as we know it THIS YEAR.

Before you dismiss his warnings, know that Davidson has a remarkable track record of calling every major economic shift over the last three decades.

For example, Davidson predicted the stock market collapse of 1999 and 2007, along with the fall of the Soviet Union and Japan’s economic downfall — to name just a few.

And his predictions have been so accurate, he’s been invited to shake hands and counsel the likes of former presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton — and he’s had the good fortune to befriend and convene with George Bush Sr., Steve Forbes, Donald Trump, Margaret Thatcher, Sir Roger Douglas and even Boris Yeltsin.

Of course, how can Davidson be so sure that 2016 will be the end of Social Security?

“Right now, there are five massive cracks in the American economy’s foundation that are converging for the first time in history,” Davidson explains in a newly released video. “This is a landmark development that I am convinced will trigger the greatest depression we’ve ever seen. Yes, worse than the 1929 Great Depression.”

Davidson’s new video is causing a controversy, not just because of what he says, but because the evidence he provides is irrefutable. (He uses over 20 unquestionable charts to prove his point.)

And although our future may seem bleak, as Davidson says: “There is no need to fall victim to the future. If you are on the right side of what’s ahead, you can seize opportunities that come along once, maybe twice, in a lifetime.”

Indeed, in his video, Davidson reveals what he and his family are doing to prepare right now, and even profit. (It’s unconventional and even controversial, but proven to work.)

While Davidson intended his video for a private audience only, the situation has become too dire to keep it a secret. Now tens of thousands are watching the video every day.

Regards,

Jocelynn Smith
Sr. Managing Editor, The Sovereign Society

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #589 on: May 13, 2016, 12:14:00 PM »
^
Cuffy, the US Government will not let the pension system fail, they will just put another couple or so Trillion on the slate.... :chuckle:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #590 on: May 13, 2016, 09:51:18 PM »
This blogger maintains the USA being Monetarily Sovereign can issue electronic instructions from the Treasury to pay any size bill or debt or debit no matter the size at any time.

https://mythfighter.com/2016/04/27/economics-in-a-thousand-words/

He has a point however the Deep State (Fed and Deep State Elites 1%) have conned the 99% that the USA must raise taxes to pay the bills of the US Gov - including the massive interest on the National Debt paid to the Deep State elites - a vicious cycle and why the 99% can not earn a fair return on their CDs and other savings.

One option available to President Trump is to create 1,000 one pound Platinum coins called Trilliants with a face value of $1Trillion each and then deposit them in Fort Knox - as likely to go missing in the NY Fed.

Then pay off the $21 Trillion National Debt and still have $979 Trillion on deposit at Ft. Knox.

Of course, all of this is unnecessary because the Treasury could just issue digital payment instructions to pay off all the holders of Treasury Debt Instruments without the need for symbolic Trilliants.  Then no more interest on the national debt because there is no national debt.

Of course, if you read Roger Malcolm Mitchell further the USA could in-fact pay for everyone's healthcare and education and new home and business grants to spur on the Economy and no longer need to be in debt from cradle to grave and rebuild the Military and Space Administration as well as fund all the R&D we might need to reactivate the NASA boom in new technologies that when commercialised gave us 99% of the new wealth we have over the past 50 years.

Fact is the USA is financially invincible and only way USA goes broke is if we actually follow Ted Cruz wife's CFR research to combine into a new North American Amero currency based upon non-sovereign EU Euro style indebtedness that is unsustainable especially with the Sovereign UK and their globally trusted GBP Monetarily Sovereign currency accepted in trade and exchange across the British Commonwealth of Nations and most of the rest of the World.

UK pulls a Brexit and the non-sovereign Euro fall hastens.

Monetarily Sovereign nations can not go broke - they can only allow themselves to be manipulated to become debt slaves by their 1% Deep State Bankster Globalists.

Just saying.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #591 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:26 PM »
Synopsis of a conversation with a chap today in China who owns a factory:

"How much are these if I take 5000?"
"$X each"
"Why are we talking dollars in China when I am not American? Do we need to use a currency foreign to both of us? I'd prefer not to use dollars."
"I agree with you, our government is trying to get people away from using the dollar actually, its outdated for us now, its just habit. Pounds or RMB?"
"RMB is fine"
"RMB it is"

An interesting side conversation we had as a result of that exchange covered Russia, Syria and America. He said their media is now talking about American aggression across the world where they seldom did before. He also said the discussion in Chinese media had started about China joining in with Russia in Syria.

We discussed Russia, he said Russia and Putin are generally well regarded in China. Certainly, there are no shortage of Russians at the trade fair I am at here in China. It is the language I hear most after Chinese and English. He said despite the Rouble being weaker, Russians are still buying. They are just haggling more.

Dry humour is something you seldom see in the Chinese. I asked him if he had similar political conversations with his American customers, he said, "What can you tell them? They all watch CNN". Made me laugh anyway.........

Needless to say, a deal was done, and not in dollars.

A little tale I thought I'd share kinda relevant with the above.

In my continuing quest to de-dollarise, I have one Chinese company I deal with who were stuck in the dollar rut. They rejected my previous ideas to pay in another currency with modest orders in the past.

This week I am discussing with them an order that is circa £40k. Ball is in my court now.  :evilgrin0002:

I said this:

Is it necessary we always use US Dollars? It isnt my currency or yours. For me it makes no sense some Chinese companies still want to use the American dollar with people who are not American. Many are now eschewing the dollar in line with Chinese government recommendations. I am just as happy to pay in Pounds, Euros, Yuan or HK$. US Dollars really don't suit me.

And within the hour I got back:

I attached the new quotations in EUR. or you want to pay in Pounds, HK$, whichever is ok!
When we sending PI to you next time, we can according to the current rate of international monetary market and not use dollar. Is it ok?

Bingo! They were the only one I deal with in China still holding out for dollars. My last nut to crack as it were. No USD for me now in China.   ;D

Your silly little quest to de-dollarize is hilarious.  Do you really think that your 40K order in GBP will make a difference compared to the Trillions of transactions done in US dollars?  :ROFL:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2016, 12:48:25 AM »

Monetarily Sovereign nations can not go broke - they can only allow themselves to be manipulated to become debt slaves by their 1% Deep State Bankster Globalists.

Just saying.

Can you please tell us, if you know:

Why "J.F. Kennedy" was assassinated, for what reason and who was behind it?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2016, 01:07:06 AM »
Ant,  you do understand that 1+1=2 don't you?
Manny's transaction plus a million others amount to something. But more importantly as a result of the change in policy by this firm many other similar transactions are enabled. As a result of many, many Mannys a lot less dollars get used. This is something that is happening, right now and around the world.

A process that gathers momentum as the network effect strengthens.

But,  yeah, you're right. No need for knowledge or thought.  USA! USA! USA!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2016, 01:33:50 AM »

Just saying.

I will venture a guess, A. Onassis had the hots for J. Bouvier, Zeus was the assassin. It was all those s's. 
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2016, 02:23:37 AM »

Just saying.

I will venture a guess, A. Onassis had the hots for J. Bouvier, Zeus was the assassin. It was all those s's.

Nah, he'll tell you that you are wrong..

He will probably come up with a story that JFK was in the process of shutting down the Federal reserve, and stopping the Rothschild's from exploiting the US financial system, all by issuing new currency notes backed by silver..

Also that Rothschild's ordered the assassination..

Wait and see.. :coffeeread:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2016, 02:28:46 AM »

Just saying.

Well done old chum ... you guessed right and A. Onassis, finally had his leg over..... :chuckle:

I agree it's all those S's and the Greek men know well why so may foreign females visit the country! ... the opposite of what happens in the FSU countries, and does't cost them much money too.!

Sun..... Sea ..... Sand .... and of course plenty of Sex ... and most go back home.... with very happy memories ... of the country!

:nod: :saint: :laugh: :)

Just back from the English Riviera...... and the first S ... was missing substituted by R so who can blame the girls going to Greece for that S! :P :P

Offline Wiz

« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2016, 02:32:32 AM »

Just saying.

Nah, he'll tell you that you are wrong..

He will probably come up with a story that JFK was in the process of shutting down the Federal reserve, and stopping the Rothschild's from exploiting the US financial system, all by issuing new currency notes backed by silver..

Also that Rothschild's ordered the assassination..

Wait and see.. :coffeeread:

Spoil of sport.....! :P

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #598 on: May 14, 2016, 03:27:48 AM »
It is funny how people get confused about money.

Bankruptcy is a condition hard to ascribe to a national economy. There's no global bankruptcy court, for example. But a state unable to pay its bills usually finds it almost impossible to get finance for its operations.

Cufflinks. If one increases the supply of money on an economy at a greater rate than the economy is growing then prices will increase to use all that money. That's a little thing that economists like to call inflation.

If inflation increases too much then the state printing that money finds it very hard to get finance for its operations because the money rapidly loses value,  removing any benefit for the lender to lend.

In practical terms, even the ability to print money is not a defence against the inability to pay bills.

I  seem to recall taking the time to share with you a basic reading list about money and international finance. It seems that my time was wasted as you either didn't bother to learn or were incapable of understanding that which you read. Good job that your work has no involvement with international business,  eh?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #599 on: May 14, 2016, 05:00:24 AM »
The question Americans should be asking is not to raise the debt ceiling, but rather the Federal Government, which is authorized by the Constitution to create and issue interest-free money, instead borrows that money at interest from a privately-owned Central Bank, thereby plunging future generations of Americans into debt-slavery to the banks?

That is the real question Americans should be asking!

Isn't that what  Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild, meant when he said:

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws"

and is the modus operandi of the FED?

Anyway any Nation that has the right to issue it's own currency, free of any debt, has also in its hands all the Financial tools to control inflation, interest rates and and circulation.