The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Looking for an interpreter in Odessa  (Read 10542 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Looking for an interpreter in Odessa
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2015, 07:19:36 AM »
Ok but do you think If the Human race was created by superior beings as an experiment

I once believed the ALL the words of the Bible, but now question the veracity or even the wisdom of some of the things Christians are expected to believe.

This is more a reaction to much I was thought  / believed in, proving to be untrue / 'biased' ... 

I / We just don't know enough to make a definitive conclusion.

As you are a fan of Star Trek - I hope any superior Alien beings believe in the PRIME DIRECTIVE  :chuckle:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2015, 07:35:38 AM »
Ok but do you think If the Human race was created by superior beings as an experiment

I once believed the ALL the words of the Bible, but now question the veracity or even the wisdom of some of the things Christian are expected to believe.

This is more a reaction to much I was thought  / believed in proving to be untrue / 'biased' ... 

I / We just don't know enough to make a definitive conclusion.

As you are a fan of Star Trek - I hope any superior Alien beings believe in the PRIME DIRECTIVE  :chuckle:

lets hope its not the "Borg"
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2015, 04:18:12 PM »
Ok but do you think If the Human race was created by superior beings as an experiment,

Calling Donhollio.  :P
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 09:39:15 PM »
Ok but do you think If the Human race was created by superior beings as an experiment,

Would prefer Seven of Nine ~ You will be assimlitated  ~ Resistance is futile.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »

'seven' went on to become Kate Murphy..

Not bad for a women in her forties.....

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2015, 03:31:59 AM »

lucky its not "Inseminated " Resistance is futile.

Offline allan624

• Livin The Dream
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:39 PM »
Thanks to all for your comments and Info.  Special thanks to Steveboy and msmoby for helping me understand what I can expect with an Interpreter.  I agree that the best approach should be to look for women that can actually speaks some English and is interested in learning more.  Good communication between any partners is pretty important in the long run.

Also appreciate the suggestion to take the trip to Chisinau, Moldova.  Will I need a special visa and how far is it from Odessa by train????

Thanks for the help.

Life's a Journey and a Dance....Keep your feet moving forward and you'll do just fine!!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
Hi allan624

You - assuming US citizenship - do NOT need a visa..

http://www.mfa.gov.md/entry-visas-moldova/citizens-additional-checks/#link

However, if you wish to enter the largely non-recognised, but de facto 'state' of the region known as Transnistria - by the Moldovans - you should seek advice from your govt. before travel as how you enter / leave and the route you take can be important.

UK example:

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/moldova/entry-requirements

'Entry into Moldova via Transnistria

If you are entering into Transnistria overland from Ukraine (e.g. by bus or rail) be aware that the Transnistrian border guard will not place entry stamps into passports. There are no ‘immigration controls’ in place on the internal boundary between Transnistria and Moldova proper and entry stamps will not be placed into passports there. If you enter Moldova via Transnistria you are likely to encounter problems when leaving Moldova by air from Chisinau or overland into Romania as your passport will show no valid entry stamp into Moldova and you may be deemed to have illegally entered the country. If you enter Moldova via Transnistria, register with the Ministry of Information Technologies and Communication, located in Chisinau at 42 A. Pushkin Street, or the local passport office within 3 days of arrival. The British Embassy can provide you with the address of the relevant passport office for your area. To register your stay you must present the following documents:

your passport
proof of travel (e.g. Green Card-if you drive a vehicle into Moldova; airfare, bus/train ticket)
Failure to register may result in fines and difficulties when leaving Moldova.

Entry into Moldova via Ukraine

If you enter Moldova overland from Ukraine do so at one of the internationally recognised border crossing points between Moldova (excluding the Transnistria segment) and Ukraine in the north and south of the country.

Entry into Transnistria

The authorities in Transnistria have announced that they intend to implement an entry permit and vehicle insurance requirement for foreign nationals. The implementation date for entry permits is not yet known. The vehicle insurance requirement is expected to come in to effect on 1 January 2016 for UK registered vehicles (and those of all other countries except for the rest of Moldova and Romania for which earlier implementation dates are expected to apply) and will apply to travellers intending to visit or transit the region.

The scheme is expected to be similar to the European Green Card system, but details have not yet been published.''

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 01:34:15 AM »
Allan, To avoid confusion an American Green Card and the European Green Card that Moby mentions are two completely different documents. One pertaining to you status in America and the other to your insurance and ownership of a vehicle in Europe.

A long time back Andrew posted an amazing thread of Moldova and I believe Mark(je) drove from the Low lands through the Border lands. Both threads are lurking on RUA somewhere. If I am not mistaken there also is in the travel section a thread from Mendy regarding Chisnau and Moldovaia. So you know some of the wine from this country is amazing. In particular the reds. They are often made with a grape variety that is not common to French or American wine.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 03:49:29 AM »
Thanks to all for your comments and Info.  Special thanks to Steveboy and msmoby for helping me understand what I can expect with an Interpreter.  I agree that the best approach should be to look for women that can actually speaks some English and is interested in learning more.  Good communication between any partners is pretty important in the long run.

Also appreciate the suggestion to take the trip to Chisinau, Moldova.  Will I need a special visa and how far is it from Odessa by train????

Thanks for the help.

Do not listen to some guys here. I lived in Transnistria. All the stories you here are Bullshit!

Firstly the only minor trouble you may have is most do not speak good english on the Transnistria border and you go alone only because of this reason you may be stuck trying to explain what your doing.

To enter the Republic you will need to fill in a form showing where you are staying, you could book a hotel in Tiraspol and give that address. very easy. I have never stayed at a hotel there but I guess they would do your registration just as they do in Russia, no big deal.
If you was to meet a women there its simpler she just makes you an invite at the border office takes 5 mins. When you enter you will need to register within 24 hours if you plan to stay longer than a day. That is also very easy the women who invited you can do this again a five minute job and about $2.00

I have never ben registered whilst I was in the republic because often we left to go out in Chisinau and Im to lazy to fill forms in, it was easier for me to just jump in the hedge and walk round the border control office  :laugh: though I did get stopped once and was was fined $5 by the officer after I told him "Ya Maladits" Sometimes I just walked straight past the guards on the border control flashed my passport and smiled with my wife. They thought I had been in the office to make registration, but no I just walked straight into the office and out the other door so it looked like I had :smokin:

Foreigners are only allowed to stay in Moldova 90 days out of 180. I got out of this by staying in the Republic and leaving Via Ukraine.  :laugh:

What ever stories you hear about the republic are nonsense! You will safer there walking around at night than any other city in Europe or the US and you will find the people very friendly, most young people speak English to some extent.

I can assure you one thing after visiting the republic you will have a different view to all the stories you hear in the Western media.

You can visit the republic by several of the local buses running out of Odessa its about $5 fare. About 1.5 for trip.

You do not need any visas to visit and its the same for visiting Chisinua. You can also catch a bus direct to Chisinua from Odessa I think its about a 2 hour trip.  Just go to the central Bus station In Odessa. Im not sure about the trains.

If you want to visit Chisinua that is also very easy and I think you will find people there more laid back and friendly than Odessa.
Odessa really is a shit hole.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2015, 04:33:12 AM »

Do not listen to some guys here. I lived in Transnistria. All the stories you here are Bullshit!

Which 'guys' ? I have not seen any info that was 'BS'

Hint : you are not the only guy on this forum who is widely travelled in former FSU countries or has crossed into / out of the region of Moldova we are discussing - either via UA or the area of Moldova that IS under effective control of the govt ...

Firstly the only minor trouble you may have is most do not speak good english on the Transnistria border and you go alone only because of this reason you may be stuck trying to explain what your doing.

Nothing like having a file of correspondence with your lady from there and her being on t'other side to meet you ..... ;)

If you want to visit Chisinua that is also very easy and I think you will find people there more laid back and friendly than Odessa.
Odessa really is a shit hole.

??

I often find it interesting that other peoples'  'favs/ hates' can be so  different. Why do you think so?

I haven't been to Odessa since 2006 - has it gone down hill so much?!

The disputed region of Moldova  was more run down - but like most places - the people are friendly - if you try to get to know them.

Registration