The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Marriage agency scam sites, are they honest?  (Read 4276 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Marriage agency scam sites, are they honest?
« on: April 12, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
http://marriage-agencies-scams.com/

This is a site, run by a man named Dave Stevens.
This guy claims he doesn't accept money, but why is dreammarriage a recommended site?
Other sites use the same data base of ladies, and many of the same agencies.

According to this guy, jimslist was owned by Elena.
Another agency was nice to him while visiting, so they're on the gold list.
Another was blacklisted for not being nice.
I feel sorry for newbies that find sites like this. :'(

IMHO, At least the sites jim recommended were some of the better sites available.

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
Re: Marriage agency scam sites, are they honest?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »
The other way around too, unless its changed

I used : http://www.kharkovmarriageagency.com/about-us

I found them absolutely honest and forthcoming. Its a pay-per-letter site, but they were definatly honest when I used them years ago.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 11:23:03 AM »
The other way around too, unless its changed

I used : http://www.kharkovmarriageagency.com/about-us

I found them absolutely honest and forthcoming. Its a pay-per-letter site, but they were definatly honest when I used them years ago.

Thanks Markje,
If you didn't notice the site you used is blacklisted on the site I posted above.
Seems most of the blacklisted dating  sites are the ones that had better reputations. ???
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 06:14:55 AM »
I don't think you will find anyone "absolutely honest and forthcoming " in the marriage agency business :dh: And its not worth taking any notice or wasting any time researching "Scam lists" "Jims lists" "Black lists" "Aunty betties lists"  "Great uncle toms lists" forget the LOT!!!
Get a life and find a real women KEEP AWAY from marriage agencies unless you want to be scammed and sat looking a fool in front of women! Would you want to look a fool in your home town? Well don't look a fool in a foreign town its 100 times worse!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:26:02 AM »
Get a life and find a real women

Isn't it apples to anyone? I've notice the facebook wall of those who live their life in full - has little activity, if any at all.
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Ghislain Lagrega

• I'm new here !!!!
  • Spouses Country: Alpes maritimes
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »
What do you think about dream marriage site ??.
I met 2 women from this site in 2011.
And now every night I'm speaking with one women on dream marriage. But
I read on Internet,  So many people  say women win money to speak with man on dream marriage agencies,  this is true ???

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 07:55:10 AM »
I read on Internet,  So many people  say women win money to speak with man on dream marriage agencies,  this is true ???

I cannot give you the honest answer here or I may find my site hacked!! :hidechair:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »
With regard to Tom Cat's favoured site: let us put it this way. If you went to buy a car and the salesman told you that the Ford Mustang was the same as a BMW M3 then you'd not give anything else he told you much credence - would you?

You might think the guy simply stupid, even if you thought him to be honest but you'd not believe him in anything else he said.

If you knew somebody was being dishonest in what he told you then you'd not give him any credence.

So, the effect of being wrong about what a seller tells you and the seller being dishonest is exactly the same.

Well, Tom Cat's mate is factually incorrect about some of his assertions; stuff that anyone who has done even basic research would know. Whether he is another know-nothing or dishonest does not matter. You can't trust him.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 08:22:32 AM »
With regard to Tom Cat's favoured site: let us put it this way. If you went to buy a car and the salesman told you that the Ford Mustang was the same as a BMW M3 then you'd not give anything else he told you much credence - would you?

You might think the guy simply stupid, even if you thought him to be honest but you'd not believe him in anything else he said.

If you knew somebody was being dishonest in what he told you then you'd not give him any credence.

So, the effect of being wrong about what a seller tells you and the seller being dishonest is exactly the same.

Well, Tom Cat's mate is factually incorrect about some of his assertions; stuff that anyone who has done even basic research would know. Whether he is another know-nothing or dishonest does not matter. You can't trust him.

Andrew, take a moment to read my original post, click the link.

This, has nothing to do with Jim..
Please try to keep with the program :)
IMHO, the site is a joke as this Dave Stevens gives no valid reason to why he blacklisted agencies.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »
What on earth made you think I was referring to 'Jim'? Your original post was not, so why on earth would I have done without being explicitly clear about doing so.

The factual basis for claims made by your new best mate has been shown to be incorrect on this very forum in the past.

You are however displaying the characteristics that show why the 'consumer's friend' is a worthwhile strategy for online hucksters - they know that people like you won't be bothered to find out that the claims they are making are incorrect.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
What on earth made you think I was referring to 'Jim'? Your original post was not, so why on earth would I have done without being explicitly clear about doing so.

The factual basis for claims made by your new best mate has been shown to be incorrect on this very forum in the past.

You are however displaying the characteristics that show why the 'consumer's friend' is a worthwhile strategy for online hucksters - they know that people like you won't be bothered to find out that the claims they are making are incorrect.

You referring to this man as if I have any personal experience, is very dishonest on your part.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »

Best thing to do is try to communicate with her off site away from dream marriage.
There are some honest ladies on the site, but you need to find out which ones are?

I reopened my account on the DM site a few months ago.
Checked this morning and have over 16,000 messages, this is common when girls are being paid to communicate.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 03:05:12 PM »
They are all dirty lying cheating scammers in this industry!

Look heres a site using my name. Idiots the whole industry stinks!

http://znak.eu.pn/sayt-znakomstv-bridesandlovers.php 

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 07:23:30 AM »
Checked this morning and have over 16,000 messages, this is common when girls are being paid to communicate.

Most likely a system. Not any real girl wrote you.
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 07:35:39 AM »

You referring to this man as if I have any personal experience, is very dishonest on your part.

What on earth are you going on about?

You made a silly mistake in reading and now you want to double down on it?

Truly 'exceptional'.

If you have a question to ask then ask it.
If you ask a silly, stupid, unthoughtful question don't then try to suggest that it was rhetorical as you are now trying to do.

If you ask a question then most of us, including myself, make an assumption that you want help and a genuine honest answer. That's what you got from me. That the response showed that you had given no thought to your original post is not my fault or problem.

So, next time you have a question to ask why not try thinking it through beforehand? There's a good fellow.

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 07:53:02 AM »

What on earth are you going on about?

You made a silly mistake in reading and now you want to double down on it?

Truly 'exceptional'.

If you have a question to ask then ask it.
If you ask a silly, stupid, unthoughtful question don't then try to suggest that it was rhetorical as you are now trying to do.

If you ask a question then most of us, including myself, make an assumption that you want help and a genuine honest answer. That's what you got from me. That the response showed that you had given no thought to your original post is not my fault or problem.

So, next time you have a question to ask why not try thinking it through beforehand? There's a good fellow.

Okay, why are you referring this guy is my mate?
Don't make up stories in your mind and try to pass it on as truth :)

Registration