Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Ask a Russian Speaking Lady - Спроси у русской леди

Giving a scarf as a gift?

<< < (2/2)

ECR844:

--- Quote from: B.B. on April 10, 2015, 12:27:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: TagUrIt898 on April 10, 2015, 10:23:54 AM ---I read that it was bad luck to give a scarf as gift to FSU woman.  Is that true? 

--- End quote ---

I have given scarves (both the "winter weather" kind and the more decorative kind) to women before with positive results. 

--- Quote from: Markje on April 10, 2015, 11:26:45 AM ---Scarf no, but a watch is.

--- End quote ---

And knives.  That doesn't leap to mind as a gift, I know, but IIRC a guy on "a long forgotten forum" once wanted to give his prospective father in law a Leatherman tool and, as that has a knife attachment, of course Babushka had to cast some anti-stabbing-yourself-accidentally-with-it spell on it first.  :nod:

B/B

--- End quote ---

I gave a one of a kind custom knife made by a very well known knife designer/maker to my FIL. He uses it all the time at the family 'dacha' and there were no 'spells' involved during or after he got it.....I think you need to get out of the 'village' for abit "BB" :-X :king: :ROFL:

Olga_Mouse:

--- Quote from: Markje on April 10, 2015, 11:26:45 AM ---Scarf no, but a watch is.

--- End quote ---

Do please enlighten this topic to me. Is a watch a "bad" gift? Why? Since when?  :reading:

Markje:

--- Quote from: Olga_Mouse on January 08, 2019, 02:38:14 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Do please enlighten this topic to me. Is a watch a "bad" gift? Why? Since when?  :reading:

--- End quote ---

Since I got told obviously. Before I would have bought one.

The reasoning behind it is you run out of time when the watch stops and the relationship ends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version