The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hello from Sydney.  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Noypioz

• Trips: 1-5
Hello from Sydney.
« on: April 04, 2015, 12:12:11 AM »
Met a lady from Ukraine recently through loveplanet and will meet her first time in July when I travel to Europe. I was searching the net for information about customs and traditions in Ukraine in particular, about dating, love, romance and marriage and stumbled upon this site...then decided to sign up.

Will continue to read on and explore posts and I'm sure I will find a wealth of knoweldge and experience here.

Cheers all.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Hello from Sydney.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 01:23:37 AM »
Welcome,

You'll even find fellow members from your nation who have married and who's wives are Aussies, now

Good luck 
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Noypioz

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 04:00:42 AM »
Welcome,

You'll even find fellow members from your nation who have married and who's wives are Aussies, now

Good luck

Thanks Ms. Looking forward to hear their experiences as well.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain.

Offline Manny

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
Do you chaps from Oz still need a visa for Ukraine?
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:15:39 PM »

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 01:26:31 PM »
http://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/entering-ukraine/visa-requirements-for-foreigners

YES 

I am surprised you didn't know....

It may have changed since they came under American control.  :P
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »
Welcome Noypioz. Looking forward to hearing about how your meeting goes this summer.

Offline Noypioz

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »
Welcome Noypioz. Looking forward to hearing about how your meeting goes this summer.

Thanks GuppyCap. Still in the planning stages with some challenges ahead i.e. her applying for Schengen visa, etc. Might have to scale down the no. of countries we're planning to visit due risk of schengen visa refusal- her being first time to travel. Cheers

Mark Twain.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 08:44:25 AM »

Thanks GuppyCap. Still in the planning stages with some challenges ahead i.e. her applying for Schengen visa, etc. Might have to scale down the no. of countries we're planning to visit due risk of schengen visa refusal- her being first time to travel. Cheers

Why would she have an issue getting a visa? If you meet the criteria and don't have any negative boxes to be checked against you it's a formality....Unless of course she's planning on riding her plowing mare across the border?

Seriously, sometimes folks get super paranoid about the tourist visas and unnecessary drama is raised about getting them. Either you have the means and ability to demonstrate that you are genuine in your desire to travel and return and fit the criteria or not so much....Don't make the process out to be more than it is.

When I first started this adventure I had many of the same concerns, and was told many of the same cautionary tales you oft hear bandied about in forua such as these. First hand experience teaches me that it's not all that difficult and as long as you are reasonable and can follow basic directions, and meet the criteria, you should be fine! This is also bourne out by the number of members here who have had similar experiences as well and had their ladies get US tourist visas as well as schengen, etc....

Relax....You'll be fine.

Offline Noypioz

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 03:26:42 PM »

Why would she have an issue getting a visa? If you meet the criteria and don't have any negative boxes to be checked against you it's a formality...
[/quote]

Unfortunately she will not satisfy the criteria required for the grant of a schengen visa. She was a 2nd yr management student in Donetsk but had to stop her studies last year due to current conflict. She is living with her grandmother in Kharkov and is not employed. Hasn't travelled outside Ukraine and now in the process of applying for an international passport.

There will be difficulty in demonstrating a strong incentive to return to Ukraine (although she definitely will) so I've decided to, after meeting her in Kharkov, travel instead to countries where Ukrainians can visit without a visa. Then once credibility is established, apply for a Schengen visa next time.

Mark Twain.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 02:41:38 AM »

Why would she have an issue getting a visa? If you meet the criteria and don't have any negative boxes to be checked against you it's a formality...

Unfortunately she will not satisfy the criteria required for the grant of a schengen visa. She was a 2nd yr management student in Donetsk but had to stop her studies last year due to current conflict. She is living with her grandmother in Kharkov and is not employed. Hasn't travelled outside Ukraine and now in the process of applying for an international passport.

There will be difficulty in demonstrating a strong incentive to return to Ukraine (although she definitely will) so I've decided to, after meeting her in Kharkov, travel instead to countries where Ukrainians can visit without a visa. Then once credibility is established, apply for a Schengen visa next time.
[/quote]

Why not meet her in Turkey...have a go of it whilst frolicing on the beach for a week. That should 'whet the whistle' while showing she can obey the rules whith regards to visas?

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 06:33:34 AM »
http://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/entering-ukraine/visa-requirements-for-foreigners

YES 

No , it has not changed and it will not change in the near future as Ukraine is trying to push for easier visa restricts  for Ukrainians to enter Australia. I know this from talking with many different embassy staff in Poland and  the new staff at the temp embassy in Kiev that is located in the Canadian embassy. Australian open this embassy there because of the MH-17 disaster .

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 08:17:02 AM »

YES 

But not the other way around :GRRRR:

We, the Israeli citizens, don't need visa to both Russia and Ukraine and their citizens don't need visa to visit here. The principle of mutuality applies here :nod:
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Online sparky114

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 01:55:24 PM »
Welcome :)
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 02:10:48 AM »

Let this pass,earlier - as there were  were important things to do.

This is the essence of your 'problem'   - if they were under 'US control' - don't you think they'd be peed off by the lack of support they're getting while the Kremlin 'allows' / encourages a proxy war,  nabs territory it agreed was UA'n .....

Tell us how the US  'engineered' two  election results ... results that mock your stance.

Offline westernroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »
I travel on an Australian Passport. Just renewed ny Ukrainian Visa, no problems.
One year, multiple entry, maximum 90 days in country every 180 days

Offline SOUTHERN X

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 07:20:42 PM »
Welcome,

Good luck

welcome ,
and yes there afew of us on here , lol

just so happens my wife is from Kharkov ,, know it well , feel free to  pm me if you  have any questions

SX

Offline Noypioz

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 07:41:07 AM »
Welcome,

Good luck

welcome ,
and yes there afew of us on here , lol

just so happens my wife is from Kharkov ,, know it well , feel free to  pm me if you  have any questions

SX

Fantastic! Thanks SX, much appreciated. I will pm you at some stage later. Cheers

Mark Twain.