The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Media Report Concerns on Putin's Health  (Read 6489 times)

Offline WestCoast

Re: Media Report Concerns on Putin's Health
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 01:00:17 PM »
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »
Putin, the president of Russia and Russian super patriot and his Russian g/f are having a child at a clinic in Switzerland? Doesn't really make a whole lot of sense does it?

It makes a great deal of sense if you understand that that clinic is accustomed to high profile rich Russians, has Russian speaking staff, top notch care and much privacy. Added to which, Switzerland is not in the EU so no silly sanctions stuff.

Many rich Russians choose to have their babies in Switzerland, Germany, America or the UK as the care is better than typically in Russia. Also, in Russia, as its the president, someone will blab to Fox or CNN for $100. Less likely in Switzerland.

The bloke likely doesn't want a media circus around the birth. Why would he? The relationship is not even admitted as he likes to keep his private life private.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 05:09:31 PM »

Many rich Russians choose to have their babies in Switzerland, Germany, America or the UK as the care is better than typically in Russia. Also, in Russia, as its the president, someone will blab to Fox or CNN for $100. Less likely in Switzerland.

I think all most affluent Easter Europeans do; they also undergo medical treatments abroad. Our doctors might talk (1), the service is better elsewhere (2) ;)
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Lon

the real story Re: Media Report Concerns on Putin's Health
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »

So, after much research and investigation I have discovered what happened to Russian president Putin.

There was a delay in getting his latest clone finished.  Everyone knows that a clone only lasts a short time, about a month,
if my resources * are to be believed.  You ask "why was there a delay now?"  The reason is all over the news, president Putin's
contact for illicet clone manufacturing was shot down on a bridge in Moscow.  Yes, that is right, Boris Nemtsov was the go
between.  Now you know why president Putin was not behind 'that' nefarious deed.  So the question now is "where is the
real, natural born Russian president?"  Funny you should ask that, I know the answer to that also.  The Russian president was
on MH17!  We know what happened there, it was shot down by a Mountain Banshee, ** imported by the Ukrainians, directed by
the CIA, and all financed by the FFA. ***

Many of you will not believe me, but if I were you, do not research this any further.  I am having to go into hiding (those
young farmer children are scary) and would not want any of you to suffer the same fate. 

*   my resources; me, myself and I or National Geographic News, if you would rather.
  **  you know, like, from Avatar's Pandora, whatever
  *** Future Farmers of America

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 07:18:54 PM »
Many rich Russians choose to have their babies in Switzerland....

... abortions, also.

Offline Tom Cat

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »
http://nypost.com/2015/03/15/swiss-media-reveals-more-about-putins-girlfriend-baby/

If Putin truly is the father of Alina Kabaeva new baby, what does that say about Putin's responsibilities as president of Russia? He sends his g/f to Switzerland to have his child? Putin must be saying that Russian hospitals are terrible and there's no hospital in Moscow good enough to deliver his child. A sad pronouncement on the state of Russian healthcare.

If Putin thought he could hide his lovechild by sending Kabaeva to Switzerland that shows Putin doesn't understand the media outside of Russia. It would have been better to have the child in Russia. Putin has a firm grip on most of the Russian media.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline Manny

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2015, 12:29:04 PM »
If Putin truly is the father of Alina Kabaeva new baby, what does that say about Putin's responsibilities as president of Russia? He sends his g/f to Switzerland to have his child? Putin must be saying that Russian hospitals are terrible and there's no hospital in Moscow good enough to deliver his child. A sad pronouncement on the state of Russian healthcare.

Bad memory? I explained this to you in post #26

If Putin thought he could hide his lovechild by sending Kabaeva to Switzerland that shows Putin doesn't understand the media outside of Russia. It would have been better to have the child in Russia. Putin has a firm grip on most of the Russian media.

Maybe he should hire an ancient Canadian to explain to him the things he 'doesn't understand'. You could come out of retirement.  :coffeeread:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2015, 01:01:31 PM »

Bad memory? I explained this to you in post #26

Maybe he should hire an ancient Canadian to explain to him the things he 'doesn't understand'. You could come out of retirement.  :coffeeread:

Except Putin's image is as a patriot. A Russia first and always super patriot. That means Russia is the best. If Putin's sending his g/f off to Switzerland to give birth obviously Russia isn't the best. He's sending a negative message about Russia. Also as I mentioned Putin can to a great extend control the media in Russia, in Switzerland not at all.

Offline Manny

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
From the NYT article:

Clinica Sant’Anna has handled high-profile births before. Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s daughter, Barbara, delivered a child there in 2009 to avoid photographers and gossip in Italy.

Was Berlusconi sending out the message that Italian hospitals don't work? Not really. You don't really have a grasp of Europe and the behaviour of the monied. You are making yourself look sillier by parroting this stuff.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2015, 01:32:01 PM »
From the NYT article:

Clinica Sant’Anna has handled high-profile births before. Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s daughter, Barbara, delivered a child there in 2009 to avoid photographers and gossip in Italy.

Was Berlusconi sending out the message that Italian hospitals don't work? Not really. You don't really have a grasp of Europe and the behaviour of the monied. You are making yourself look sillier by parroting this stuff.

Berlusconi wasn't asking Russians living abroad to move back to Russia and bring their money with them. Berlusconi wasn't portraying himself as a super patriot.

As for making yourself look silly, aren't you the one who though Google was taking super clear, detailed, colour photos from satellites? Of course Google was doing no such thing. All those super clear, detailed, colour photos were taken from planes using the most high tech cameras available. Talk about making yourself look silly.  :laugh:

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=21499.msg396311#msg396311

Manny, you and I have disagreed in the past, invariably I turn out to be correct the great majority of times.  tiphat

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »

That's a lot of assumptions.
When my ex had our son she checked out every hospital in the area and decided on the place that made her the most comfortable. Were the rest bad? No.
Perhaps the food is better or she has a nice view.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I've never seen a winner that didn't bet

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »

That's a lot of assumptions.
When my ex had our son she checked out every hospital in the area and decided on the place that made her the most comfortable. Were the rest bad? No.
Perhaps the food is better or she has a nice view.

If Putin wants billionaire Russians living abroad to return to Russia and bring their billions with them he's got to be prepared to put Russia first. That means he and his family must live in Russia like Russians. Not running off to an expensive, foreign hospital to have a child.

Where do you think Putin has a better chance of controlling the media, Russia or Switzerland?   

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2015, 03:06:21 PM »
The Kid provides cover for (follow the money) Chairman Putin of Russia Inc. to visit his slush fund and check in on things at Gunvor, Glencore etc and a few Swiss banks and how his old buddy Gennady Timchenko is doing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennady_Timchenko

http://gunvorgroup.com/en/

Gunvor Group Ltd is a global commodity trading company registered in Cyprus,[3] with its main trading office in Geneva, Switzerland.[1] Gunvor also has trading offices in Singapore, the Bahamas, and Dubai, with a network of representative offices around the globe. The company operates in the trade, transport, storage and optimization of petroleum and other energy products, as well as having investments in oil terminal and port facilities. Its operations consist of securing crude oil upstream and delivering it to market via pipelines and tankers.

The company, which was founded in 2000, is the fourth largest crude oil trader in the world after Glencore, Vitol, and Trafigura.[4][5] The company was co-founded and controlled by Gennady Timchenko together with Torbjörn Törnqvist; however, due to United States sanctions, Timchenko sold his stake in the company to Törnqvist in March 2014.[6][7]

Gunvor's largest single supplier of crude oil is Russia, though the company also trades African, Asian, and South-American crude and is active on all continents.[8] In 2011, Gunvor was trading less than 20% of Russia's seaborne oil.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunvor_%28company%29

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-11-23/billionaire-tornqvist-pivots-to-asia-amid-gunvor-russian-retreat

Looks like Timchenkos 44% share (held for Putin per multiple press sources) now liquid in Swiss banks...

Five Rules for Success in all Human Endeavors:

1. A competent and wise leader.

2. A disciplined Organization.

3. A good knowledge of your topology (and markets) and where to gain strategic and tactical advantages.

4. A good sense of the seasons and timing of the cycles of life, countries and markets.

5. A plentiful war chest.  (In reliable Swiss banks).

Russian Position

Gunvor’s dominant market position in Russia has been supplanted by larger trading houses including Baar, Switzerland-based Glencore Plc, Amsterdam-based Trafigura Beheer BV and Vitol Group, the world’s largest oil trader, which have signed offtake agreements to provide Rosneft with $11.5 billion in total financing in exchange for guaranteed crude supplies. Gunvor said it hasn’t bought crude oil from Rosneft in more than two years.

The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating Timchenko as part of a money-laundering probe, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Gunvor denies it has ever had any links to the Russian president after the U.S. Treasury Department said in March that “Putin has investments in Gunvor and may have access to Gunvor funds.”

There is more than one way to skin a sanctions cat...

Offline Manny

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »
Manny, you and I have disagreed in the past, invariably I turn out to be correct the great majority of timestiphat

Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west :prophead:

Google and an armchair makes you wrong daily. Everyone else knows that. You are trolling again.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2015, 04:03:38 PM »
http://nypost.com/2015/03/15/swiss-media-reveals-more-about-putins-girlfriend-baby/

Westy,
 Most people in Russia would know who Alina Kabaeva is.
It's doubtful you could say the same about the Swiss.
Makes perfect sense to have the baby where few know who you are.
 The update says Putin arrived few days after so most likely the mom and baby were able to leave the hospital and is why nobody can say for sure were Putin is?
 The birth of a child is a private matter and Putin's security would be noticed anywhere inside Russia.
It's possible Putin and family returned to Russia days ago and he is just enjoying some family time away from the media.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
How often does England see it's Queen?

We see our PM weekly, mostly, same as Russia.

Western media gone mad.... seems our Putin has been dating on EM and bagged himself a young hotty LOL.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2015, 04:46:10 AM »
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2015, 04:47:35 PM »
Now that this has been sorted out, we can turn our attention to a matter of greater import: whether Westy is still alive or we've been communicating with autoresponder software for some several years.

Offline norma_2015

• Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 05:03:21 AM »
   Putin is unbreakable, he's   :censored: ing alive :nod: Is he eternal? (:) :o
How does it feel  To be on your own
With no direction home
Like a rolling stone?

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »
http://nypost.com/2015/05/20/more-pregnancy-rumors-after-putins-girlfriend-seen-looking-heavier/

Contrary to the NYC and western media his gymnast mistress perhaps next Mrs. is looking radiant like any healthy expectant mother...