The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Lindsay, 25 - Casting for new DOCUSERIES on MAJOR NETWORK@  (Read 14777 times)

Offline lindsay.casting

Lindsay, 25 - Casting for new DOCUSERIES on MAJOR NETWORK@
« on: March 11, 2015, 02:24:49 PM »
NOW CASTING for NEW DOCU SERIES on a MAJOR NETWORK...

Does your soul mate live in a foreign country?
Are you thinking of taking a trip to their country to propose?

A major US TV production company is looking for eligible singles who have met someone overseas.

We would love to consider you if …

•   You’ve made a deep connection with a foreigner either online or in person and want to progress things further with a trip to their country to propose.

•   You met someone on an international vacation or business trip and have been thinking about them ever since.

We’d love to capture your journey on camera as you travel overseas to pop the question!

If you’re a smart, funny, adventurous guy/girl and you've got a tale of international love, we want to hear from you!

Email internationallovetvshow@gmail.com and send us your story. Make sure to include a few recent photos of yourself AND your international love interest.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Lindsay, 25 - Casting for new DOCUSERIES on MAJOR NETWORK@
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:27:17 PM »
yes because if you look normal, have it together, you will not be a good
candidate for the show. They require huge age gaps, huge looks gaps.
etc. they will pay you nothing, exploit everything possible.
Ahh but the humiliation is free :chuckle:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
I'm in love with one of the models on Anastasia Date. Will you pay for my airline tickets and hotel in exchange for the right to film?

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:25:08 AM »
I'm in love with one of the models on Anastasia Date. Will you pay for my airline tickets and hotel in exchange for the right to film?

Should also ask for letter cost and the chat time covered:)

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:38:31 AM »

A major US TV production company is looking for eligible singles who have met someone overseas.

•   You’ve made a deep connection with a foreigner either online or in person and want to progress things further with a trip to their country to propose.

•   You met someone on an international vacation or business trip and have been thinking about them ever since.

We’d love to capture your journey on camera as you travel overseas to pop the question!

If you’re a smart, funny, adventurous guy/girl and you've got a tale of international love, we want to hear from you!

Email internationallovetvshow@gmail.com and send us your story. Make sure to include a few recent photos of yourself AND your international love interest.
Hi

I’m 74 years old but all my friends say that I could easily pass for a man in his late forties, my Ukrainian girlfriend is 22 – nice girl but life is tough over there so I always send her a little spending money per month – we agreed £500 per month works!!

I am so sorry that despite this money she tells me that she cannot afford a phone so we are only able to speak once a week when she visits her sister who has a phone she can borrow – this should be fine after my impending visit as I’ll get her a new iphone 6 – she didn’t ask but is always talking about her friends iphone so I just know she’ll just love it!

I’m travelling on my first trip to Odessa in April – she says that because she is so busy we can only meet for a couple of hours a day – she said something about visiting the shopping mall on the first day,  I can’t wait!!!

Would you be interested in featuring me?
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 02:58:47 AM »
^ :chuckle: Seems Lindsay Casting won't casting anything from here :P
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 04:58:13 AM »
^ :chuckle: Seems Lindsay Casting won't casting anything from here :P

Looks like Bruce is the perfect candidate  :chuckle:

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 05:05:28 AM »
I have a cool bachelor pad in my Mothers basement and have already
mastered 97 of the 101 ways to make love to a woman from the book
I bought online. I still need to find a girl but I would like to be part of
your show and have just recently started writing a hot girl who lives in
Kiev but she hasn't written me back yet, so I plan to purchase her contact
information.

In the past I didn't do that well with women, outside of the girls I met at
the Boobie bungalow gentleman's club who all seem to like me on payday.
I am the night manager at Motel 6 in my city and sometimes the illegal
cleaning girls from Guatemala smile at me. I've purchased a specially
devised shoe mirror to make sure the Guatemala girls don't bring in any
contraband hidden in their panties into our Motel. Unfortunately Maria one
of the most clever girls doesn't wear panties so I can't tell if she has any
contraband or not. 

I think I have quite a bit to offer a girl from Moscow. I've got 17 1/2 credits
of education at the local junior college, although most of the credits are in
yoga. I sit in the back of the yoga class so I can learn the moves from the
more flexible girls (pretty nifty if you ask me).

I'm a pretty good dancer especially when I was younger, I danced with a real
girl at the prom when I went with my cousin Betty Lou who was only 3 1/2
month pregnant (but you could barely tell). I know the Macarena, the chicken
dance and YMCA. Do you think that Russian girls will know these? or maybe you
could video me teaching these to the Russian girl I have been writing to?

I don't really have enough money to travel to Russia yet, I need to stop going
to the Gentleman's club, because it's not helping me save up. I do have a genuine
replica Mr Spock ears (I need to find the other one, I hope my mom didn't throw it
out) and phaser. I think that now that Leonard Nimoy is dead that their value might skyrocket kind of like Elvis records did when he died.

I've also purchased a set of tapes about learning Russian in only ten days. I will wait
until ten days before I go because I don't have anybody here in the USA to speak
Russian with so why learn the whole language now?

I've never been outside of the USA before, well once I was in Chinatown so I guess
that counts at least a little bit, does anybody know if I need a passport?

I hope that you will consider putting me and my future story with Svetlana on your
show (if she rights me back) or maybe one of the other girls. I have been practicing
some different lines (to ask for a lady's hand in marriage) that I've seen in the movies.
I usually practice in front of a fan because it kinda makes my voice sound cool.

That's all for now. Welcome to the forum and I wish you success with your project!

Hugs (see I'm flirty too)

Bill Thrill (that's a nickname I've given myself to impress the ladies)
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 06:02:26 AM »
^ :chuckle: Perfect :thumbsup: As almost as cool as my record :-[

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 06:53:38 AM »
^ :chuckle: Perfect :thumbsup: As almost as cool as my record :-[

Bruce myself and the Czechoslovakians would make a good show!

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »
  It's really too bad that US networks feel they must always go for the freak show as a means to gather an audience.  Click on a Canadian show on international marriages and its done in a civil manner, delivered in a calm normal way.
 For some reason that model doesn't work in the US, they must have excitement with lots of yelling, useless dramas all delivered at a fast pace. I see it all the time, lots of noise, participants running and cheering with arms raised, like WTF answers their front door that way as they rush onto the lawn?

It would be too much to expect US networks to try and deliver normal couples, void of all the crap that makes up all those crappy US 'reality' shows on their stations today.

If the OP here wasn't doing their best to dredge up the losers and ridicule them all, and if they went with many of the couples married on this forum alone, the show would be something educational, not another stupid show aimed at the ADD crowd that has poisoned the US networks.

Good luck trying to put together your show, you're better off going to Odessa UA and waiting for the old 50+ Americans exiting the airport, and follow them around for the week while they seek out a nice 22yo. That's where you can film your train wrecks week after week.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 06:56:21 AM »
It's really too bad that US networks feel they must always go for the freak show as a means to gather an audience.

A consumption based economy produces that show for the masses. They need to serve their sponsors, and perhaps the chimps show gathers more rating. 

If the OP here wasn't doing their best to dredge up the losers and ridicule them all, and if they went with many of the couples married on this forum alone, the show would be something educational, not another stupid show aimed at the ADD crowd that has poisoned the US networks.

Did the OP do any, or his initial (and only) post is like a squirrel who buried an acorn and forgot where he buried what?

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 07:04:08 AM »
We have a population that elected our current "president" TWICE no less and WILLINGLY! What does that tell you about what kind of mentality the U.S. networks are pandering to?

We are so  :censored: ed in this country......

Offline Bruce Lee

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 09:29:28 AM »
How did this topic get onto American Politics ???
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 09:30:07 AM »
  It's really too bad that US networks feel they must always go for the freak show as a means to gather an audience.   

Attention: Political answer to follow, for those who are tired of politics please
just go on to the next post.

The main reason that networks do this is because of the feminist don't think that
there is any reason that a normal man wouldn't want one of their fat cow sisters.
Therefore you must follow a narrowly defined script. The script is as follows
1. All men must be losers
2. The girls are either scammers or desperate
3. Huge age difference
4. Huge appearance difference.
5. Inferences to purchasing women
6. Inferences to beating women and at least one death must be mentioned
7. Inferences to the women being subservient and submissive slave girls  :laugh: :chuckle:
That's the one that cracks me up the most. Russian girls being subservient and
submissive

The networks CAN'T show anything that would encourage men to go to the FSU
and marry non feminist women. Apparently Jerry Springer type crap sells

They've will send a producer here to try to recruit some idiot to let them invade their
private lives for free. The producer is like all such producers and will tell any lie to
get the right candidate to sign up. All Jerry Springer producers tell the woman who
is married to their step brothers that they are getting a makeover. This gal will do
the same.

Click on a Canadian show on international marriages and its done in a civil manner, delivered in a calm normal way.
 For some reason that model doesn't work in the US, they must have excitement with lots of yelling, useless dramas all delivered at a fast pace.

I would love to watch a normal international marriage show. Britain has the same
rigid requirements posted above.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »
Is the ad on AFA for casting of a new reality show the same or different from the OP's?

A Foreign Affair is working exclusively with a major television network to produce an ongoing reality show that depicts the International dating process through the eyes of the men and women participating in our group Romance tours. We are very excited to be working with the Network to produce this show that will depict how the tours really work, while at the same time focusing on the relationships that are forged as a result of the tours. After our discussions with the producers we are confident that the Network will portray the subject of International Dating in a positive, balanced, and objective manner.

http://loveme.com/castingcall/index.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 12:36:44 AM »
#7 definitely (that cracks me up)

Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
Casting for new DOCU-SERIES on MAJOR NETWORK
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 02:01:24 AM »

The main reason that networks do this is because of the feminist don't think that there is any reason that a normal man wouldn't want one of their fat cow sisters.

The networks CAN'T show anything that would encourage men to go to the FSU and marry non feminist women.

I would love to watch a normal international marriage show. Britain has the same rigid requirements posted above.

The Austrian analogue is called "Das Geschäft mit der Liebe", runs for 5 years already, and is, IMO, completely staged.

http://atv.at/das-geschaeft-mit-der-liebe-staffel-1/

http://atv.at/das-geschaeft-mit-der-liebe-staffel-2/

http://atv.at/das-geschaeft-mit-der-liebe-staffel-3/

http://atv.at/das-geschaeft-mit-der-liebe-staffel-4/

http://atv.at/das-geschaeft-mit-der-liebe-staffel-5/

The women are... shown, but not in depth. Only like a flock around the men who are, in theory, looking for the wives abroad. But the men! I wonder how was it possible to find in such a small and nice country like Austria such a brilliant collection of exemplary idiots, displaying all human vices (from physical aggression and alcoholism till narcissism) possible  :sick0012:
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:41 AM »
They've will send a producer here to try to recruit some idiot to let them invade their
private lives for free. The producer is like all such producers and will tell any lie to
get the right candidate to sign up.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm a fairly private kind of guy (although I have shared perhaps too much here) and I can think of nothing worse than having some trashy American documentary crew following me around, as I genuinely try to meet women for relationship purposes.

Perhaps in my younger days, I would have done it for a laugh should there be a big fee involved but what sort of idiot thinks filming the delicate details of ones private life for free is acceptable/possible??

Offline DPRK

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Russian Federation
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 07:05:28 AM »

Is this show going to detail the relationships being created in North Korea? It's a bit dodgy to visit (also, the kimchee is watery and bland compared to its southern counterpart), communicating before visiting is usually done by paying someone on the Chinese border to pass notes through the concertina wire to DPRK guards on the take, and of course, you have to pay some shady North Korean guards on the Chinese border when it comes time to exfiltrate your fiancée, then use coyotes to transport her through China to Bangkok, Thailand, and get deported to Seoul, South Korea, where she will instantly be recognized as a citizen of South Korea. After that, she can interview for the fiancée visa at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.

See, it's not complicated at all.... 
"If you've been invaded by the Russians, it's never a good thing for food." --Anthony Bourdain

Offline DPRK

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Russian Federation
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 07:16:04 AM »
  It's really too bad that US networks feel they must always go for the freak show as a means to gather an audience.  Click on a Canadian show on international marriages and its done in a civil manner, delivered in a calm normal way.
 For some reason that model doesn't work in the US, they must have excitement with lots of yelling, useless dramas all delivered at a fast pace. I see it all the time, lots of noise, participants running and cheering with arms raised, like WTF answers their front door that way as they rush onto the lawn?

It would be too much to expect US networks to try and deliver normal couples, void of all the crap that makes up all those crappy US 'reality' shows on their stations today.

Good luck trying to put together your show, you're better off going to Odessa UA and waiting for the old 50+ Americans exiting the airport, and follow them around for the week while they seek out a nice 22yo. That's where you can film your train wrecks week after week.

Jerry Mander had a good book, Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television....

"If you've been invaded by the Russians, it's never a good thing for food." --Anthony Bourdain

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »

•   You’ve made a deep connection with a foreigner either online or in person and want to progress things further with a trip to their country to propose.

•   You met someone on an international vacation or business trip and have been thinking about them ever since.

Is this show going to detail the relationships being created in North Korea? It's a bit dodgy to visit (also, the kimchee is watery and bland compared to its southern counterpart), communicating before visiting is usually done by paying someone on the Chinese border to pass notes through the concertina wire to DPRK guards on the take, and of course, you have to pay some shady North Korean guards on the Chinese border when it comes time to exfiltrate your fiancée, then use coyotes to transport her through China to Bangkok, Thailand, and get deported to Seoul, South Korea, where she will instantly be recognized as a citizen of South Korea. After that, she can interview for the fiancée visa at the U.S. Embassy in Seoul.

See, it's not complicated at all....
:ROFL: 
at least I got cover from my buddies on the DMZ for the final run. Mine field not included
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Casting for new DOCU-SERIES on MAJOR NETWORK
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2021, 09:05:22 PM »
The women are... shown, but not in depth. Only like a flock around the men who are, in theory, looking for the wives abroad. But the men! I wonder how was it possible to find in such a small and nice country like Austria such a brilliant collection of exemplary idiots, displaying all human vices (from physical aggression and alcoholism till narcissism) possible  :sick0012:

I missed this gem!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration