The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Giving and getting email contact details on dating PPL sites  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Bazzwaldo

Giving and getting email contact details on dating PPL sites
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:10:06 PM »
Hi
I found this site after I wanted to know more about people who had sucees with this type of dating agency
New to all of this so bare with me
I have a few questions that seems fairly straight forward, I figure that dating sites like city-of-brides.net make money from the male during correspondence between prospective couples.
I figure also that giving or asking for personal email details is against the terms and conditions for these sites as in:

"You may not include in your Member profile as well as in your messages any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses.  Exchange of personal contact information must be done only through Us, in compliance with this Agreement, other rules, terms and conditions established by Us, and with applicable law."

So my question is, how long must one be on, for example city-of-brides.net before the financial harness is lifted, and at what stage is this bridge crossed?
I could imagne myself spending a small fortune on letters and getting nowhere (especially if the woman involved was being paid to communicate)
Do women on this site get paid to communicate?
Cheers in advance
Bazza

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Giving and getting email contact details on dating PPL sites
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:03:50 AM »
Your point is the signal issue when dealing with 'agencies' that insist on controlling and charging for your access to your inamorata.

There are routes that do not require such limitations.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:44:12 AM »

Hi
I found this site after I wanted to know more about people who had sucees with this type of dating agency

Bazz, Welcome to the forum!

Some people have success with pay per letter and pay to chat sites like the one you
mentioned. I recommend that people avoid those sites. When you join a pay by the
letter site you must understand that there is a temptation for the local agencies to
have their translators send you letters to generate revenue. I can also tell you that
there is a zero percent chance that a very hot 20 year old bikini clad model will write
a first letter to you herself.

If you received any such letters then you should assume somebody besides the girl in
the photo sent it to you. Hot 20 year old girls get plenty of attention without needing
to write letters to men that live half way around the world.

There is a thread where a guy tried to find girls on a pay per letter site using Russian
social networking sites. http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=15737.0

There are a number of pay sites which charge a monthly or annual fee which wouldn't
encourage translators to write phony letters to you. There are also a number of free sites
and Russian dating sites and social networking sites which is what I usually recommend.

I put together a how to get started thread here
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=4390.0

So my question is, how long must one be on, for example city-of-brides.net before the financial harness is lifted, and at what stage is this bridge crossed?

I found this on their site.
You can contact us at connect4love@gmail.com or by phone, toll free, at 1.888.880.6865, 24 hours a day.

I could imagne myself spending a small fortune on letters and getting nowhere (especially if the woman involved was being paid to communicate)
Do women on this site get paid to communicate?
Cheers in advance
Bazza

Sometimes the girls are paid to communicate and other times the translators do this
without the knowledge of the girls and sometimes the communication is legit. If a hot
20 year old girl wrote to you first then you can assume it's a revenue generating letter.
If you wrote a letter to a girl who was 5 years younger than you and she responded then
it's possible (but not guaranteed) that the letter is a real response.

Welcome again to the forum.

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline zhdatdlyatebya

• Spouses Country: RU
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 10:38:25 AM »
Found the site while researching Russian Visas in the current climate

I think it seems more about politics, but OP has had good advice here.
была не была - come what may

Offline Bazzwaldo

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 04:54:29 PM »
Hey 2Tall and others
Thanks for your input
I contacted them using connect4love@gmail.com yesterday and got this reply

"There are 2 ways in getting contact info of the lady:

Main procedure (recommendable). You need to open 15 replies from the lady to be able to request her contact details with no additional fee. Please go to her profile and press the button Request contact info which will appear after 15 opened replies.
    You can also apply for Expedite service: for 50 credits non-refundable fee we try to get lady's authorization to give you her contact details. If she says "no" then you just lose your 50 credits. That's why you should apply for this option if you're sure that the lady agrees to disclosure of her contact details to you and having at least 1 paid letter from her opened, as well as 50 credits on your account available.

If you are a US resident, you will also have to fill in the IMBRA form which is 40$ an administrative fee to proceed."

I hope other forum members benefit from the above information

The hot 20 year old example you refer to is actually 35 (but admittedly a right stunner) and is over 10 years younger than me
What piqued my curiosity with her is she:
1) sent a me smile (aparently this means she is interested in you)
2) She put my profile on her favourites list (not common from my limited experience as only 8 women have done this so far)
3) Initiated mail contact with me

The first 2 points are neither here nor there but her letter made mention of quite a few passages in my profile where as most "introduction letters" are just cut and paste dribble with my name at the top written by 20-29 glamours
I have had nearly 100 "introduction letters" and of them 7-8 have made serious intent on letting me know they have read it and are responding to me personally. Most of these women are more in my age bracket and also seem genuine

I see that she has sent another letter this morning, I haven't opened it yet as I'm curious to see what the forum suspects is going on

Cheers
Bazza

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »

The first 2 points are neither here nor there but her letter made mention of quite a few passages in my profile where as most "introduction letters" are just cut and paste dribble with my name at the top written by 20-29 glamours

I have had nearly 100 "introduction letters" and of them 7-8 have made serious intent on letting me know they have read it and are responding to me personally. Most of these women are more in my age bracket and also seem genuine

I see that she has sent another letter this morning, I haven't opened it yet as I'm curious to see what the forum suspects is going on

Cheers
Bazza

Bazz,

A clever translator can match a letter to your profile as well as any sincere woman.
So it's really a crap shoot to whether you are getting a letter from a real girl or not.

My advice is to dump all the agency girls except this one girl and send her a letter
telling her that you want to request her contact information from the agency so that you
can pursue her exclusively, also in this letter explain that you have your own translator
but would prefer to communicate together using google translate or whatever.

She will either encourage you or make excuses. If she encourages you, send the money
get her contact information and get her away from the agency, get her on the phone and
skype. If you need a translator Ladagirl or Eduard or several others can help you out. Then
quickly get on a plane and meet her, woo her and win her heart.

If she gives you ANY kind of excuse at all forget her, because she isn't real. You
count all the money you've spent so far and call it tuition to the school of hard knocks.
Delete all your information, cancel your profile, and don't spend any additional money
on pay per letter sites. 

A Real Girl will want you to contact her directly
A Fake Girl will have excuses.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Bazzwaldo

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:06:47 PM »
2Tall
I am very grateful for your advice
I'm going to sit on my response for a few days then give her an ultimatum like you suggest, if she doesn't budge, I'll have learnt my lesson, delete my profile and move on
Thanks again
Bazza

Offline Lon

• Trips: 20+
ultimatum Re: Giving and getting email contact details on dating PPL sites
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 09:26:39 PM »
  I would be cautious about ultimatums.  I do not think that anyone likes them, especially a woman, and even more a FSUW.
  When I read 2TB's post, I did not read anything about a ultimatum in it.  I think he suggested telling the girl what you would like to do...ask for her contact details from the agency.
  As much as the FSUW might like the manly, decisive type man, I have found that a softer voice and hand work best for me   :biggrin:
  Now, if you do that "ultimatum" please let us know how that works for you  :)

2Tall
I'm going to sit on my response for a few days then give her an ultimatum like you suggest, if she doesn't budge, I'll have learnt my lesson, delete my profile and move on
Thanks again
Bazza

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 11:04:32 PM »
2Tall
Thanks again
Bazza

I wouldn't give her an ultimatum, most FSUW will shoot you with both barrels and
move on. What I suggested was to tell her you want to get her contact information
from the agency. If she is interested she will agree and if she isn't she will make
excuses.

Udachi!

Bill

Registration