The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: More Americans and Guns.  (Read 23821 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: More Americans and Guns.
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2015, 02:22:07 AM »
Now THIS is why I sometimes refer to Europe (and the rest of the world) as being civilised when making comparisons to the USA.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2015, 02:30:26 AM »
I sometimes hope that the USA administration will finally wake up from this bad dream, but alas.

Like i said: you can't explain to a blind man how beautiful a sunrise is, he will never get it.

Funny part being: Americans having lived in Europe for considerable amount of time usually list the gunlaws (lack of....) as the main thing holding them here and not moving back to the states.

In Netherlands, it is completely legal to own a gun. Please let that sink in: In Netherlands, it is completely legal to own a gun. But nobody other than a few 'gun nuts' want to, because nobody here is armed.

OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2015, 03:55:39 AM »
As I have said before, it is about fear. Without the fear there is no need.

Of course mixed in with this we have to understand that most people simply can not kill another human being, for any reason. In order to do so requires intense conditioning and an acceptance of the fact that taking a life almost always has an ongoing psychological effect upon the killer.

On the other hand, brandishing a gun at somebody who is posing a threat is a pretty good way to get oneself shot - in a land where fear means that people carry guns.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2015, 02:25:11 PM »

Of course mixed in with this we have to understand that most people simply can not kill another human being, for any reason. In order to do so requires intense conditioning and an acceptance of the fact that taking a life almost always has an ongoing psychological effect upon the killer.

On the other hand, brandishing a gun at somebody who is posing a threat is a pretty good way to get oneself shot - in a land where fear means that people carry guns.

You Euros are all demented surrender monkeys - suppose when Ahmed Allahu Akbar comes at you with a beheading K-Bar type knife you all will just get on your knees and pray that they do it (Behead you and your family) quickly.

Good luck with that in New Euroshariastan.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2015, 02:35:02 PM »
In Murrica, when someone does something you don't like, you simply shoot them.

(Attachment Link)

All made up anti self defense liberal SJW Anti American bull shite...  except for the horny Waki paki who brought over a foogly paki MOB wife from radicalized islamists Saudi Arabia to San Bernardino California where they began to amass a stockpile of weapons, ammunition and PIPE FREAKING BOMBS and when they went to an office holiday party were triggered to pre-maturely launch their murderous rampage before it grew to a Paris Sized Muslim Mayhem rampage.

A show redux coming to a EU UK murder and mayhem mosque near you soon just stay tuned.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2015, 02:35:58 PM »

You Euros are all demented surrender monkeys - suppose when Ahmed Allahu Akbar comes at you with a beheading K-Bar type knife you all will just get on your knees and pray that they do it (Behead you and your family) quickly.

Good luck with that in New Euroshariastan.

Yeah and your kids are being shot at by other kids if not by cops on an hourly basis!

Massacre in America.....business as usual.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2015, 02:41:55 PM »
Things are going to be changing and becoming much more safe here in about 13 months to be exact.

Only going to get much much worse in the Eushariastans with 30 million Radical Islamist immigrants at 3 Million per year over the next 10 years. 

The demographics trends are already over for you lot - like Lebanon just a matter of a decade or so and you will be overrun by ISIS, Hamas and Hezbollah.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2015, 03:15:15 PM »
NOPE.

ila_rendered

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2015, 02:59:56 PM »
Three in New York on Xmas day. One shooter was a cop.   :'(

http://gothamist.com/2015/12/26/nypd_sergeant_allegedly_shot_yonker.php
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2015, 09:46:21 PM »
All made up anti self defense liberal SJW Anti American bull shite...  except for the horny Waki paki who brought over a foogly paki MOB wife from radicalized islamists Saudi Arabia to San Bernardino California where they began to amass a stockpile of weapons, ammunition and PIPE FREAKING BOMBS and when they went to an office holiday party were triggered to pre-maturely launch their murderous rampage before it grew to a Paris Sized Muslim Mayhem rampage.

The funny thing about this was, up until the San Bernadino massacre, the liberal f*cktard Left was trying to sell the idea of every d/bag with a pistol being a "TERRORIST!!!" b/c actually terrorists are inconveniently non-white, and thus the Moral Purity of the Left might be besmirched by being "RACISSSSST!!!" if they call out terrorism.  So they were trying to change the narrative w/r/t Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza and Robert Dear* being "TERRORISTS!!" b/c, y'know, "WHITE PEOPLE ARE JUST AS BAD AND PROBABLY WORSE!" and then the San Bernadino Muzzies come along and all that carefully constructed bullshit got wiped out in an afternoon.

B/B

*They all look like they were on psychotropics, although there is actually a semi-case that *might* be made for Dear, if they can show he had any contacts with the "Army of God" people, but even that group is nowhere near AQ or Daesh's league. 
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Fussy

• Spouses Country: Australia
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2016, 01:52:03 AM »
Keep in mind how many incidents of self-defence (including by homeowners) do NOT go widely reported in the media. No body got shot, no headline news.

Meanwhile, in my country, only those who undergo a lot of background checks are allowed to own guns, but the Lindt Cafe in Sydney was held up by a man on a police watchlist, using a gun almost NOBODY here would be allowed to have, so the laws did not work.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sydney_hostage_crisis

Offline Jerash

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »
"The USA doesn't have a problem with guns" Nor do crack addicts have a drug problem!!!!

If not so terribly sad, this would be the funniest thing I have read in a long long time!

You're right, only all the dead American kids have a problem with guns. But, hey, they don't vote.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2016, 06:26:54 PM »
I learned a very important lesson today: the world is much more black and white than I thought and all problems can be solved with guns and more guns.

Thanks Anteros. By the way, are you posting from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by chance?

Offline Anteros

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2016, 07:27:46 PM »
I learned a very important lesson today: the world is much more black and white than I thought and all problems can be solved with guns and more guns.

Thanks Anteros. By the way, are you posting from the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by chance?

No, I'm not.  However of course I am familiar with it and I'm ambivalent about it as I don't know the issues well enough.  IOW it's not something I am interested in at this point in time.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Manny

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2016, 11:11:43 PM »
Our American friends here say the western media misrepresent gun violence in the US. But cannot accept the same media misrepresent issues pertaining to Russia, and slavishly lap up every bit of propaganda put out as 'news'. Odd that.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2016, 06:21:41 AM »
Our American friends here say the western media misrepresent gun violence in the US. But cannot accept the same media misrepresent issues pertaining to Russia, and slavishly lap up every bit of propaganda put out as 'news'. Odd that.

It's not so much odd but more convenient.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2016, 04:23:54 PM »

As it is to state that the USA doesn't have a gun problem when there is a mass casualty event caused by firearms almost every day of the year in the good ol US of A....

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us/how-often-do-mass-shootings-occur-on-average-every-day-records-show.html?referer=&_r=0

Offline Anteros

« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2016, 01:28:03 AM »

As it is to state that the USA doesn't have a gun problem when there is a mass casualty event caused by firearms almost every day of the year in the good ol US of A....

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/12/03/us/how-often-do-mass-shootings-occur-on-average-every-day-records-show.html?referer=&_r=0

Still whining about collateral damage I see.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2016, 01:45:14 AM »

Still deluded I see.

So, why haven't you got a gun Anteros if you're for the gun thing? You run the risk of being shot and your local women being harassed by Muslim grooming gangs.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Anteros

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2016, 12:12:08 PM »

Still deluded I see.

So, why haven't you got a gun Anteros if you're for the gun thing? You run the risk of being shot and your local women being harassed by Muslim grooming gangs.

What makes you think that I don't own a gun?  Don't worry about the local women, they can take care of themselves. 

Offline Jerash

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2016, 09:24:10 PM »
Funny - dead kids is "collateral damage". Your head is messed up man.

Offline Jerash

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »
Many questions Anteros. Like how did God and being Christian come to be conflated with violence and hatred. When I think of the word "sicko", I think of you.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2016, 10:16:46 PM »
Keep whining Jerash.  Making personal attacks and attempting to spread a false narrative is not going to change the will of Americans who own guns legally.  Why you euro-fools try to spread your disease in America is a mystery.  It has not succeeded before and it won't now.

Offline Manny

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2016, 10:27:17 PM »
not going to change the will of Americans who own guns legally.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2016, 10:48:08 PM »
not going to change the will of Americans who own guns legally.

Insert inane liberal circle jerk joke here...

Cute trite little jokes will not change the fact that gun control only leads to more death and violence and a State which could commit violence against it's citizens at will -- Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, Communist China under Mao all had gun control.

Illinois and Chicago have the toughest gun control laws in the USA and Chicago averages about 500 homicides a year.  You lot think it's a joke to tell us we should give up the right to defend ourselves but we don't.  You'll never succeed in your silly little campaign; I suggest you focus on telling us more about how the US economy is doomed.

excerpt
"Note that Illinois is the only state left in the nation where citizens have no ability to legally carry a gun for self-defense. In order to buy a gun, or even ammunition, an Illinois resident must produce a current FOID (Firearm Owners Identification) card. Chicago residents have yet more bureaucratic hoops to jump through, making it almost impossible to legally own a handgun, even after the city’s outrageously restrictive gun laws were rebuffed by the Supreme Court in the 2010 McDonald decision."

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/chicago-the-poster-child-for-failed-gun-control/

additional excerpt
"But what is really astonishing about most of Chicago political and civic leaders is their steadfast refusal to confront reality. No matter how obvious the failure of their anti-gun programs, no matter how many gang shootings shatter the night, their response is always the same – “we need more gun laws.”

It’s as if they live in some alternate universe – apparently, none of the city’s politicians have ever watched the History Channel’s illuminating series, “Gangland,” which makes it abundantly clear that inner city gangs are as heavily armed as ever. These brazen street thugs (including Chicago’s) merely laugh at gun laws, even boldly showing their guns to the interviewer, right on camera!"