The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: More Americans and Guns.  (Read 23528 times)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: More Americans and Guns.
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2015, 12:58:45 PM »
You carry guns in order to allay your fears about the people around you. If you are rational humans then you'd not carry weapons or pay the money to buy them for no reason.

I don't need to carry a gun every day. But I do not live a scared life and I do not live in the "land of the free".  :-X

Yes, well us "lot" that chose to own firearms for personal protection call that having your head in the sand. Good thing you don't live here. I get the sense that you're still a little upset about the series of skirmishes between our countries several hundred years ago. Something's going on anyway. There has to be an explanation for your hate of anything American and Americans in general.

I don't think they hate us, they just want to feel superior and that's OK. I mean like "who cares?"

Well he's obviously got an ax to grind given his persistent put-downs of anything and everything American.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2015, 02:27:03 PM »
You carry guns in order to allay your fears about the people around you. If you are rational humans then you'd not carry weapons or pay the money to buy them for no reason.

I don't need to carry a gun every day. But I do not live a scared life and I do not live in the "land of the free".  :-X

Yes, well us "lot" that chose to own firearms for personal protection call that having your head in the sand. Good thing you don't live here. I get the sense that you're still a little upset about the series of skirmishes between our countries several hundred years ago. Something's going on anyway. There has to be an explanation for your hate of anything American and Americans in general.

I don't think they hate us, they just want to feel superior and that's OK. I mean like "who cares?"

Well he's obviously got an ax to grind given his persistent put-downs of anything and everything American.

One could say the same about you and Russia.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2015, 02:45:58 PM »
What put down do you refer to?

You probably chose to ignore the posts that do not fit your fantasy portrayal.

if you think you need to carry a gun for personal protection how can you suggest that you are unconcerned about the consequences of not doing so?

Here,  when I drive I wear a seat belt. I do so,  in part,  because the law of the land mandates it but also because I am afraid of the consequences of not doing so. I guess that most of you also wear seat belts for the same reason.

The difference between carrying a gun and wearing a seat belt is that one choice is rational and based upon a genuine understanding of the risks involved and the other is not.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2015, 03:50:30 PM »
What put down do you refer to?

You probably chose to ignore the posts that do not fit your fantasy portrayal.

if you think you need to carry a gun for personal protection how can you suggest that you are unconcerned about the consequences of not doing so?

Here,  when I drive I wear a seat belt. I do so,  in part,  because the law of the land mandates it but also because I am afraid of the consequences of not doing so. I guess that most of you also wear seat belts for the same reason.

The difference between carrying a gun and wearing a seat belt is that one choice is rational and based upon a genuine understanding of the risks involved and the other is not.

So says you, expert and great knower of all. Is your statement based on some sort of fact or just another one of your fantasy posts?
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2015, 06:21:46 PM »
The problem with USA and UKians perspective on the right to keep and bear arms is to defend the people via a well organized militia to protect said people from a rapacious government.

The second amendment was penned at a time when King George's Redcoats would smash down doors and take away sleeping colonists in the middle of the night many never to return.

Furthermore just 50 miles from where I am sitting are forests with Deer, Bears, Moose, Coyotes, Foxes, raccoons (unfortunately many rabid), Lynx, and feral dog packs - near many of my favorite trout fishing lakes and rivers.  In the UK you have to go to remote estates maintained for nobility to find such forests - what we call forests you lot would consider wilderness.

One does not enter the forest without the means of dispatching a rabid animal, rutting buck or Moose or territorial rampaging bear.

Furthermore one of the undesirable affects of uncontrolled blacktar heroin and drugs smuggling into over 300+ USA cities by the Afghans, Sicilians, via Mexican Drugs Cartels is rampant uncontrolled use of Heroin with a lot of cut impure heroin causing overdoses and deaths in every state of the USA.

One simply does not venture on to streets crawling with violent heroin addicts without the means to give them a severe attitude correction.

These are the facts we live with in the current Obamanation and no police force can respond in time to effect your defense in a life and death situation.  You are responsible for your own self defense.

Your reality in UK and EU is different from our USA realities.  To judge us by your realty simply makes you one who pre-judges or prejudiced USA loathing bigots.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »

One could say the same about you and Russia.

One could I suppose, but that'd be inaccurate as the only ax I have to grind is with the leader of the Russian people, not the people themselves. Oh that's right, they're one and the same  (:)

Whereas you persistently belittle and make backhanded insults at American people in particular.

Offline Manny

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2015, 08:49:35 AM »
Just another day in the good ol' US of A.

A customer shot a Waffle House waitress dead after she told him to put out his cigarette.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/johnny-max-mount-waffle-house-waitress-shot-dead-after-telling-customer-to-stub-out-cigarette-a6753231.html
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2015, 08:57:42 AM »

A customer shot a Waffle House waitress dead after she told him to put out his cigarette.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/johnny-max-mount-waffle-house-waitress-shot-dead-after-telling-customer-to-stub-out-cigarette-a6753231.html

Now if waitresses were armed too this would not happen, she could have popped a cap in his ass when he was reading the menu. It's just common sense....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline yankee

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »

Now if waitresses were armed too this would not happen, she could have popped a cap in his ass when he was reading the menu. It's just common sense....

No.  I think she would have pointed her Colt 45 in his face when she told him to put out the cigarette
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »

No.  I think she would have pointed her Colt 45 in his face when she told him to put out the cigarette

You have 15 seconds to comply....

You have 10 seconds to comply....

Love Robo-cop!
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2015, 10:01:35 AM »

And go bankrupt 1 month later because all customers are scared to go there.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
With Americans and their gun fetish sometimes when having a discussion on the topic one uses a reductio ad absurdum argument - a sensible premise taken to nonsensical extremes.

And then those lovely but insane yanks go and LIVE the nonsensical extreme!

They are like big, dangerous, moron kids! Bless!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Breaking news, unknown who shooters are?

CALIFORNIA SHOOTING: AT LEAST 14 KILLED,14 WOUNDED, UP TO 3 ARMED SUSPECTS ON THE LOOSE

https://www.rt.com/usa/324372-san-bernardino-active-shooter/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2015, 12:52:05 AM »
Breaking news, unknown who shooters are?

CALIFORNIA SHOOTING: AT LEAST 14 KILLED,14 WOUNDED, UP TO 3 ARMED SUSPECTS ON THE LOOSE

https://www.rt.com/usa/324372-san-bernardino-active-shooter/

Might be terrorism. Apparently one of the gunman, Syed Farook, a US citizen, has been identified by US law enforcement as a Muslim. Farook's father, quoted by the New York Daily News tabloid, described his son as a devout Muslim.

If law enforcement does end up finding out this was terrorism related maybe they'll hit ISIS harder.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-muslims-condemn-horrific-mass-shooting-062245604.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2015, 01:03:02 AM »
According to Dutch News, it wasn't Terrorism but simply some drunk guys sent away at a party. Came back with a gun and opened fire.

Yeah, good reason to start shooting people.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2015, 01:08:48 AM »
^ One of the guys is a female. The pair took the time to put on tactical clothing so this wasn't an impulse shooting.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2015, 04:42:04 PM »
The mass shooting was related to the Islamic state.
The woman came here on a K1 visa which is really wrong to begin with.
According to the news reports they married overseas so they should have had to use a different visa.
 Shows how good the system works for keeping the country safe.
Women even children can be an terrorist.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2015, 01:48:06 AM »
In Murrica, if you dislike the article in the paper, you simply shoot it.  :ROFL:

I shot holes in the NY Times editorial
This is what I think of the New York Times editorial today. The United States suffered its worst terrorist attacks since September 11 and the New York Times' response is that all law-abiding citizens need their guns taken away. Screw them. The New York Times wants you to be sitting ducks for a bunch of arms jihadists who the New York Times thinks no doubt got that way because of the United States.

It should be striking to every American citizen that the New York Times believes the nation should have unfettered abortion rights, a right not made explicit in the Constitution, but can have the Second Amendment right curtailed at will though it is explicitly in the Constitution.

Again, we have suffered the worst terrorist attack in more than a decade and the New York Times believes now we must have our rights taken away as a response to terrorism.

I hope everyone will join me in posting pictures of bulletholes in the New York Times editorial. Send them your response. Put them on Instagram and use the hashtag for my radio show and I may give you a shoutout. #EERS

You can follow me on Instagram and Facebook at @ewerickson

All the best,
Erick

http://us8.campaign-archive2.com/?u=b68ad0a9ed4e483c34ee37b6c&id=583216a044

Offline Manny

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2015, 09:09:15 AM »

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2015, 09:27:52 AM »
In Murrica, you can send out Xmas cards with a nice family photo on.

(Attachment Link)

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/this-gunloving-republican-and-her-gunloving-family-celebrate-christmas-with-guns--ZkuBrNlv9g

This is why Americans will not have to find refuge from 3 Million Radical Islamists being flooded into EU & UK by diseased minds of Euro Hating Rothschilds, Soros and Bilderberg controlled white European hating pro radical islamists governments.

Europe and Russia have over 7,000 ISIS fighters that have travelled to and returned from Syriaqistan... USA has less than a couple dozen that joined and fought for ISIS and returned...   

Rev Jerry Falwell of the Christian Liberty University has urged all students to arm themselves, get permits to carry legally so that we have a standing Christian Army ready to fight the global radical islamists when war comes to our shores.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »

(Attachment Link)

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/this-gunloving-republican-and-her-gunloving-family-celebrate-christmas-with-guns--ZkuBrNlv9g

Europe and Russia have over 7,000 ISIS fighters that have travelled to and returned from Syriaqistan... USA has less than a couple dozen that joined and fought for ISIS and returned...   

To cut a long story short.... those in Europe and Russia have passports  :plane:
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2015, 10:48:56 AM »

(Attachment Link)

To cut a long story short.... those in Europe and Russia have passports  :plane:

;D ;D ;D
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »
Finally TV, for the entire family.

Gun TV, a channel that lets people order firearms from home, is launching in the US

http://qz.com/566733/gun-tv-a-channel-that-lets-people-order-firearms-from-home-is-launching-in-america/

Offline Manny

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2015, 01:58:58 AM »
In Murrica, when someone does something you don't like, you simply shoot them.