The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Newbie still overwhelmed with where to start  (Read 3286 times)

Offline surfsports

• Trips: None Yet
Newbie still overwhelmed with where to start
« on: January 11, 2015, 10:28:40 PM »
I've spent a few hours today reading threads in this forum and messaging women on Mamba.ru  (I paid for a vip account there).

So far, I've only had a couple of replies from women who aren't very open or kind.

In reading the forum here, I'm still not sure which dating websites are best, and which are fraudulent.  I tried Elenas Models last month, but when I started getting the same exact messages from women, and was charged credits for contacting women that clearly were not real people (in some cases, multiple profiles of the same woman, or different profiles would use the exact same bios), the support people argued with me and wouldn't credit my account, so I cancelled. 

I have looked at LovePlanet.ru but I don't see it in english, and when I allow my browser (Chrome) to translate it, it doesn't translate everything on the page, only some things, so I can't use that site ... it also won't let me message anyone without paying, and yet I can't tell how much it is trying to charge me for a membership.  I've looked at A Foreign Affair as well, but its hard to know if that agency is legit or a scam.

There really isn't any definitive thread on this - it seems like this entire discussion board is filled with conflicting opinions ... and I'm confident that some of the opinions are from people who work for the scam dating sites.  So, I'm still not sure where to spend my efforts trying to meet women and start communicating with them online, then set up travel to date them.

I'm dead serious about meeting/dating/marrying someone from there IF the things I've read are true about russian/ukranian women (i.e. that some of them are very fed up with the men there, and they will marry an American if he is a family man & treats her well etc, and she won't be as spoiled or arrogant as US women, etc.) - but I've spent many hundreds of hours over the past 2 years trying the above mentioned websites (including VK.com and others), and I simply can't tell if any of them are legit.

Why isn't there 1 clear definitive website or app, like Tinder here in the US for hookups, for meeting women in eastern europe who are looking to marry a foreign man and who speak some English? 

Any help would be appreciated.  I think I'm done spending hour after hour, sending hundreds of messages after hundreds of messages.  I would, however, if I knew of an independent contractor or an agency that was 100% legit, pay money to have someone else do the searching & messaging for me (as if they were me), and set up several women who are genuinely willing to date me & relocate if we hit it off when I go to date them a few times.

Any recommendations for the above concerns?

Which sites are definitely legit and the best way to meet women who want to live in America and want to marry an american man?

Which contractors or agencies are best if I want to pay someone to find women & communicate (at least initially) with them and arrange dates for me?

Thanks -
Chad

BTW - I'm 44, in good shape, very athletic and active, own my own business & have the freedom to work from anywhere, and I usually date women in their 20s in the US ... but I'm tired of how stuck up and arrogant the beautiful women are here.  I routinely date 7-8's, rarely a 9, but I want to date and marry a 9 or 10 who is sweet, kind, active, fun, chill, etc - and after 2 years of dating LOTS here in Utah and California, I can see that this simply isn't likely to happen with women here, which is why I'm serious about trying to date eastern european women.  Thx in advance for any help you can give

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Newbie still overwhelmed with where to start
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »
Relax, Chad.
We have sweet, kind, active, fun, and chill Ms. Abashka.
We want a husband for her who is in good shape, very athletic and active, owner of business & have the freedom to work from anywhere.
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:37:37 PM »
Any help would be appreciated.  I think I'm done spending hour after hour, sending hundreds of messages after hundreds of messages.  I would, however, if I knew of an independent contractor or an agency that was 100% legit, pay money to have someone else do the searching & messaging for me (as if they were me), and set up several women who are genuinely willing to date me & relocate if we hit it off when I go to date them a few times.

Any recommendations for the above concerns?

Which contractors or agencies are best if I want to pay someone to find women & communicate (at least initially) with them and arrange dates for me?

Thanks -
Chad

You might talk with Eduard, a member who grew up in Russia but lives in the US now and provides a service of finding FSUW for Western guys. You can PM (send private message) him here or contact him on his website http://www.getrussianwife.com

Offline surfsports

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 10:56:58 PM »
Relax, Chad.
We have sweet, kind, active, fun, and chill Ms. Abashka.
We want a husband for her who is in good shape, very athletic and active, owner of business & have the freedom to work from anywhere.
Welcome to the forum.  :)

What do you mean "we have ... Ms. Abashka"?  How do you "have" her?  Who is she?  Please tell me about her :)  Or message me directly

Thanks

Offline surfsports

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »

You might talk with Eduard, a member who grew up in Russia but lives in the US now and provides a service of finding FSUW for Western guys. You can PM (send private message) him here or contact him on his website http://www.getrussianwife.com

Thank you Larry - I submitted a request on his website

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »

What do you mean "we have ... Ms. Abashka"?  How do you "have" her?  Who is she?  Please tell me about her :)  Or message me directly

Thanks

I gave you a hint.
The rest is your business.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 05:37:25 AM »
Why do you think that, if you are already dating some of the most attractive women on the planet, you will find someone better in another country?
Every country has a mix of personality types and if you are as desirable as you say you are then quite frankly, any issues you are facing you will face anywhere because the issues are about your selection, not the people.

For example, are you setting physical appearance as a higher priority than personality and then moaning about the results of a misprioritisation?

Think of it this way: if you are accustomed to having girls a quarter of a century younger than you and you place that as a priority, as seems to be the case or you'd not have made a thing of it, then why do you think that girls young enough to be your daughters are interested in you? What about their priorities?

In the end it will not matter which sites you use or which countries you think your ideal woman is to be found if you have not gotten your ducks in a row first.

So, try to answer this question: Why would a girl young enough to be your daughter and attractive enough for you to rate her as a 9 or 10 be interested in a man old enough to be her father?
Would those reasons be indicative of a woman with the kind of personality profile that you seek (whatever that might be)?

Which constraints in this equation are you willing to slacken in order to attain a woman who has the personality profile that you seek? Remember that you can't have everything - that's not how life works.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »
  Surferdude I would recommend www.russian-enigma.com outta Rostov RU  I can check and see if the woman I know in Zaporozhye UA is still in the business, she runs a quiet off the grid agency.  Don't worry about Andy Fi, he lives in Estonia and thinks we're a bunch of losers who can't do much right in life.
 As mentioned by Larry above, Ed runs a good service.

He has his thread;
 http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=7295.msg105949;highlight=questions+for+owner#msg105949

Try, www.freepersonals.ru  It worked for me and a few others on here. I highly recommend reading some trip reports (TR's) It will give you some idea of what may lay ahead.

Online sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 09:29:43 AM »
  Surferdude I would recommend www.russian-enigma.com outta Rostov RU  I can check and see if the woman I know in Zaporozhye UA is still in the business, she runs a quiet off the grid agency.  Don't worry about Andy Fi, he lives in Estonia and thinks we're a bunch of losers who can't do much right in life.
 As mentioned by Larry above, Ed runs a good service.

He has his thread;
 http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=7295.msg105949;highlight=questions+for+owner#msg105949

Try, www.freepersonals.ru  It worked for me and a few others on here. I highly recommend reading some trip reports (TR's) It will give you some idea of what may lay ahead.

Sorted for you Don :)

The Web Address for Russian enigma is now the right one
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »
Don,  what you wrote about me is untrue and is certainly does not represent what I think.
Think of it this way,  your self proclaimed treatise on your search for a woman who'd marry you. When you read it do you not see how you did not have a chance of finding what you wanted until you understood how what you could offer might match with what other people wanted?

There's a reason why your search took so long and encompassed so many women.

If a person does not understand themselves then they can not hope to be understood and thus desired by other people. And,  as you now know, compromise is necessary in order to get that which is important. But without a degree of self-awareness there's no way to know which comprises are acceptable and which are not.

It surprises me, Don, that you are willing to give a man bad advice simply to try to score a point over me. Be honest with the bloke, he was asking for help.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 10:07:40 AM »
Hi Chad, Welcome to RUA.

OK lets address the easy stuff, Loveplanet.ru, which I used in the past has indeed it seems removed the English feature or translation.

My expierence a woman aged less than 28 from the fSU will most likely not be serious, unless she has a child.

I am uncertain what you have read but if you think a woman from the fSU is easy it would be better to begin a relationship with a python, just keep it fed. They hug well I understand.

I do not think there are any shills amongst this lot, but the opinions are wide ranging and divirgent.

The only way to find out if a woman is both legit and you are for each other is to get on a plane. If you intend to head to Russia make sure you have a visa beforehand. They are pretty easy to get.

As for a so-called wingman there is Eduard based in Florida who primarily focuses on women from Russia and the Stan's. There is Stirlitz based in Odessa who primarily focuses on women in Ukraine. Both have detractors and those who think highly of them. I would speak with them both and compare there strategies and approach. The upfront cost is higher but there is less wasted time.

As for Mamba as opposed to a so-called MOB site, the advantage to the MOB site if the woman is honest she has already considered a relationship beyond her borders.

As Andrew points out it is handy if you have your ducks lined up, before you begin this adventure.

Kindly, AvHdB

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online sparky114

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:57 AM »
Hi Chad, Welcome to RUA.

OK lets address the easy stuff, Loveplanet.ru, which I used in the past has indeed it seems removed the English feature or translation.

My expierence a woman aged less than 28 from the fSU will most likely not be serious, unless she has a child.

I am uncertain what you have read but if you think a woman from the fSU is easy it would be better to begin a relationship with a python, just keep it fed. They hug well I understand.

I do not think there are any shills amongst this lot, but the opinions are wide ranging and divirgent.

The only way to find out if a woman is both legit and you are for each other is to get on a plane. If you intend to head to Russia make sure you have a visa beforehand. They are pretty easy to get.

As for a so-called wingman there is Eduard based in Florida who primarily focuses on women from Russia and the Stan's. There is Stirlitz based in Odessa who primarily focuses on women in Ukraine. Both have detractors and those who think highly of them. I would speak with them both and compare there strategies and approach. The upfront cost is higher but there is less wasted time.

As for Mamba as opposed to a so-called MOB site, the advantage to the MOB site if the woman is honest she has already considered a relationship beyond her borders.

As Andrew points out it is handy if you have your ducks lined up, before you begin this adventure.

Kindly, AvHdB

Great Advice, and the best early advice any of us could give is get yourself a bucket full of perseverance. tiphat
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:14 AM »
Welcome to the sight.
As you see above some useful information and some not so much.
You will learn here that some will help, some will insult, such are forums.

Elenas use to be a very good site, it has been sold and changed, not much positive since.
Mamba with right profile and letters can work, try and stay away from pap per letter sites.
More dishonest women on these versus flat fee sites. VK is like Facebook useful tool
but not likely ideal place to search. Free personals, Ukraine Date, few others as mentioned above.

Read as much as you can and ask questions, most here will try to sincerely help you.

Ed is more money, does all the leg work, will even do the trip with you,
for some it is better than going alone, that is more a personal choice.

There is nothing permanent except change.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »
Is Ed still in business?

If he is and you choose to work with him you need to understand that while his fees are toward the lower end of the personalised wife hunting scale he does not run cheap. You'll be chucking quite a few thousand dollars at the process,  just for his time. Full service will be,  from what I recall of his pronouncements, up to the $20k mark. Perhaps some other blokes who may have been his clients can fill you in.

Working with a professional wingman is not for everyone, but you can use him for just part of the process, of course that's not where his real profits live though.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
Newbie still overwhelmed with where to start
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 02:15:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum,

I would advise that you read, read and then read some more. As you read you will
have questions, write them down and keep reading. Once you get a list of questions
you can either search for the answers using our search feature or come back here and
ask them.

When you ask a question you will get a lot of advice. Some of it good and some not so
good. Your job is to sift through the advice and use what you think will work for you,
your situation and your personality. Above all don't get offended, use the good advice
and ignore the rest.

I put together a how to get started thread
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=4390.0

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »
Hi Chad,

Welcome to the group. I will echo Bill's comments. There are some outstanding individuals in this group who have "walked the walk" and can help guide you. The chat room is here also if you need quick advice or someone to listen to your concerns. I used fdating.com to find my lady. It is free and I did not run into any scammers. I do not know if it is still active as it has been 3 years that I have been in a relationship.

I wish you luck in your search.

HDL

Offline AJ

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 02:53:57 PM »
I'm dead serious about meeting/dating/marrying someone from there IF the things I've read are true about russian/ukranian women (i.e. that some of them are very fed up with the men there, and they will marry an American if he is a family man & treats her well etc, and she won't be as spoiled or arrogant as US women, etc.) -

That is a huge *if*!!!
Just consider that only some of that might be true for a small part of the population.
 The majority of FSU women are well matched (and indeed married)  to FSU men from their same culture, little else would make sense? ;)

Also keep in mind where you read that to be the case, is usually on websites dedicated to earning an income from western men at least in part believing that.

So at best, just like anywhere , you would be seeking the proverbial needle in the haystack.

Looking beyond  your borders certainly  adds more available needles, but also a larger haystack to sort through,not to mention the language and cultural differences are going to make sorting them a tad more difficult.

but I've spent many hundreds of hours over the past 2 years trying the above mentioned websites (including VK.com and others), and I simply can't tell if any of them are legit.

While time maybe money, you've hardly broken the surface..  This venture ,regardless any outcome, will take a ton of time and patience, so its best to decide if you really have the time, and really want to invest it and the energy into the  pursuit of a long distance cross cultural relationship.

VK is basically facebook, so is fb legit?

It has a few false profiles or people playing games, but is generally as *legit* as you are going to get on the internet?
Neither are really  dating sites.

The same with Odnoklassniki.
Which is certainly legit, but not really a place you'd have a lot of luck as far as the dating scene unless you were indeed an old classmate.

Most other sites -
believe it or not it really doesn't matter if they are or they arn't legit ,since the needle in the haystack principle applies and there are indeed some
serious FSU women on most any of the sites, even the worst ones.

Most of the dating sites run in a grey area of making the bulk of income from keyboard fantasy seekers,(who only write the top few percent of 9-10's and never travel) Those banner ad women may or may not have any interest in relocation or foreign men ,or may not be on the site at all. That doesn't mean they don't have  legit women's profiles up.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 04:17:23 PM »
I've spent a few hours today reading threads in this forum and messaging women on Mamba.ru  (I paid for a vip account there).

So far, I've only had a couple of replies from women who aren't very open or kind.

BTW - I'm 44, in good shape, very athletic and active, own my own business & have the freedom to work from anywhere, and I usually date women in their 20s in the US

I would recommend thinking of this as a numbers game. You are looking for one girl who is the
future Mrs Surfsport and she is in Russia just waiting for you to find her. Unfortunately you don't
know which girl she is. You will have to sift through hundreds (in my case many thousands) of girls
to find Mrs Surfsport. So when you get a rude reply you should be happy, because you just eliminated
another girl who is NOT Mrs Surfsport and she didn't waste your time. You need to ruthlessly do the
same. Don't waste a moment of your time with a hot girl who you know isn't Mrs Surfsport. Dump the
girls and keep moving to the next until you find Mrs Surfsport.

Imagine that you have to right 50 letters to get one good response. So you need to be a letter factory.
Try to get the girl on the phone or Skype as soon as possible. Again dump any liar or unacceptable girl
immediately. Rinse and repeat until you find the one.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 04:21:12 PM »
Great advice above, read Bill's how to start thread, great info.

AJ makes a valid point this is not for the weak, it takes time energy and money.
Some of managed to do it quickly some have spent years.

You need the time to make trips and money to pay for all of it, trips, visa, flights etc.
I have heard people who have spent as little as 5K and least one member
over many years spent a 150k, reality is likely closer to 20-25k depending
on many factors. As said above, read, read and read some more, then ask questions.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Mark CA

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 07:28:59 PM »
Hey Surfsports,
Mamba is a tricky one, I am on there too, you really need to know Russian to be successful on that one)
With that said, it is a local dating site, meaning most women are looking for someone in their own city as opposed to specifically targeting foreigners. In my opinion, that is PARAMOUNT to success as you're less likely to encounter golddiggers or women registering for the sole purpose of leaving the county. Let me know if you need help - I am fluent in Russian. Although it looks like I have a lot to learn too, what are these numbers you mentioned here???
"I routinely date 7-8's, rarely a 9, but I want to date and marry a 9 or 10"
Mark.

Offline Svietik.Coral

• Eto ya
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 12:39:54 AM »
Why do you think that, if you are already dating some of the most attractive women on the planet, you will find someone better in another country?

Funny man. I looked for a western guy because of mentality. They look for something many western girls don't have.
Я люблю солнце и море. I love the sun and the ocean.

Тот, кто избегает, ненавидит женщин.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 05:08:09 PM »
Hey Surfsports,
Mamba is a tricky one, I am on there too, you really need to know Russian to be successful on that one)

Spend a few bucks and become a VIP and add some money to your account
$25 is plenty. You can search by language and other advanced search features. 

Udachi!

Bill