The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: CCCP Restaurant Ramsgate, England.  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
CCCP Restaurant Ramsgate, England.
« on: January 04, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
Out for a meal this evening at the picturesque Kentish seaside resort ( :-\ ) of Ramsgate. The restaurant is called СССП and supposedly serves authentic Russian fare.
We shall see.

http://www.cccprestaurant.co.uk

Too cool!  :thumbsup: Please let us know what is it like!

My heart had melted when i saw restaurant "Yugoslavia" near Taganskaya metro in Moscow!  ;D
No worries, I will do a review. ;D
So we set off for Ramsgate at just after 1700 hrs, a journey of about 30 miles. However, we have had fog all day and in the dark evening visibility was very poor and worse so through the narrow hedgerows as I drove cross country towards Canterbury and then onto Ramsgate. I was forced to keep my speed down to 30 mph so the journey took just over an hour.
On arriving there I managed to park right in front of the restaurant and so we decamped from the car and entered the place.
We were the only customers there and I was greeted by name so obviously the only booking for the evening.  (:)
Still, we were greeted warmly and shown to our table. There was a large tv on the wall with a Russian music video channel on.
We had already previewed the menu online so knew what to order.
First we ordered some drinks, sok for the kids, chai and kvass and Obolon beer for me.
Then the food; chicken and chips for the kids, wifey ordered Riba with mashed potato and salad, mil had cotlet Kievski and I had grilled Wild boar steaks with potato and grilled apple. We also ordered Deruny, one with mushrooms and another with meat. Dessert was a home made tort with honey.
The food was excellent. I can't recommend it enough. Reasonably priced too.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
Re: Re: What's on your mind? (The chat thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:19:38 PM »

So we set off for Ramsgate at just after 1700 hrs, a journey of about 30 miles. However, we have had fog all day and in the dark evening visibility was very poor and worse so through the narrow hedgerows as I drove cross country towards Canterbury and then onto Ramsgate. I was forced to keep my speed down to 30 mph so the journey took just over an hour.
On arriving there I managed to park right in front of the restaurant and so we decamped from the car and entered the place.
We were the only customers there and I was greeted by name so obviously the only booking for the evening.  (:)
Still, we were greeted warmly and shown to our table. There was a large tv on the wall with a Russian music video channel on.
We had already previewed the menu online so knew what to order.
First we ordered some drinks, sok for the kids, chai and kvass and Obolon beer for me.
Then the food; chicken and chips for the kids, wifey ordered Riba with mashed potato and salad, mil had cotlet Kievski and I had grilled Wild boar steaks with potato and grilled apple. We also ordered Deruny, one with mushrooms and another with meat. Dessert was a home made tort with honey.
The food was excellent. I can't recommend it enough. Reasonably priced too.

So glad you enjoyed it! Fingers crossed that the business takes off!

Was the tort something like this? (Медовик - my favorite  ;D )

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
Re: CCCP Restaurant Ramsgate, England.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 05:46:16 PM »
Exactly that... :) delicious.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:07:29 PM »
How was the wild boar? For all the times I've had it in restaurants it's been tough. I think they use older boar because the ones I kill aren't that tough unless they're larger and older (which I pass on anymore).

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:24:26 PM »
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 02:37:13 PM »
How was the wild boar? For all the times I've had it in restaurants it's been tough. I think they use older boar because the ones I kill aren't that tough unless they're larger and older (which I pass on anymore).

It was well cooked and very tasty. I like my steak rare but pork I only eat when well done.
The restaurant was spot on, shame about its location. I doubt it will survive.