The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: starting over, how would you begin?  (Read 40176 times)

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: starting over, how would you begin?
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
If I decide to spend a month in Ukraine, maybe it would be to my advantage to spend part of the time in smaller cities in western Ukraine.
Has anyone tried Vinnytsya, Rivne or L'viv?

I've been to Lvov. It's a beautiful city.

Thanks Larry
When you were in Lvov, did you happen to notice if there were any beautiful women?  :)
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2015, 05:29:05 PM »
If I decide to spend a month in Ukraine, maybe it would be to my advantage to spend part of the time in smaller cities in western Ukraine.

Thanks Larry
When you were in Lvov, did you happen to notice if there were any beautiful women?  :)

Yes, there were. Here's a photo of one:

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #327 on: March 25, 2015, 08:21:15 PM »
With priceline and Airbnb deals very attractive in Russia (Sochi) and Ukraine what are the top ten cities to visit in Ukraine besides the tourist traps in Kiev and Odessa and out side of the combat areas from Mariupol to Donetsk to Lugansk conflict region?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-ukraine-conflict-alarming-112109766.html

That map's from last September.

Did they suddenly move Mariupol, Donestsk and Lughansk?

Combat Zones still focused in this general area last I checked though random crime of opportunity  increasing all over UA except perhaps Crimea under defacto marshall law ... well except for the "authorities" there.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #328 on: March 25, 2015, 08:53:09 PM »
http://www.returnofkings.com/59617/4-ways-a-good-international-matchmaking-service-can-help-you-find-a-wife

$1200 for a hands on matchmaking service not to bad considering.

However I have upgraded my LuckyLovers.net account (3 mos $39.99) and the site is full of absolutely stunning ladies in both Russia and Ukraine many who have checked the box "Willing to relocate - now!"

Many LL ladies also indicate no interest in pen pal chats that go nowhere - men of action who know how to lead only - all others need not apply!

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2015, 06:21:33 PM »

I have never been, but I have a friend from Vinnytsya. She found her man via social media and just recently moved to Malta and got married. It's a nice looking city from the photos she would show, and I would think one would have a pleasant time in her city.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #330 on: March 30, 2015, 01:00:05 AM »
I'd check out the dating sites that have English and Russian - dmnotify.com or mamba.ru and look for someone who might not have considered a western partner - profile in Russian.

Many ladies become disillusioned when guys write, but don't go. So don't start a campaign without knowing you'll go.

Learn some basic Russian phrases.

If you found someone interesting, check them out on a social media site. You may learn a lot or wish to avoid as the photos are less of the studio sort.

Don't be 'afraid' to go somewhere different - or needing a visa.

For me, dedicate a trip to one lady. She'll appreciate the effort and know you are serious.

BE CONFIDENT and HONEST

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #331 on: April 04, 2015, 07:30:12 PM »

Thanks Larry

Yes, there were. Here's a photo of one:

She is a bit young, but a a real beauty.
Would you make a return trip if you had the opportunity?
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #332 on: April 04, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »

I have never been, but I have a friend from Vinnytsya. She found her man via social media and just recently moved to Malta and got married. It's a nice looking city from the photos she would show, and I would think one would have a pleasant time in her city.

Thanks Don,
I'm really giving consideration to spending a few weeks in western Ukraine.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #333 on: April 04, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »
How much has the MOB industry effected Ukraine?
The majority of the ladies you will find on MOB sites are under the age of 27.
These are the girls that are too young to be taken as serious prospects.

Those that are now closing in on 30 and older, will be looking for a husband locally or from abroad.
Those that have been part of the MOB industry, do understand only limited amount of opportunities will come their way.
If you are a good catch she won't let you get away.

I don't know the exact number, but the way to MOB INDUSTRY has died down I would doubt there are more than 20 thousand active on the pro dating circuit.

That leaves a large number of eligible ladies in Ukraine.

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #334 on: April 04, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »
She is a bit young, but a a real beauty.
Would you make a return trip if you had the opportunity?

Yes, certainly. If anyone goes there I highly recommend the vareniki at the Hotel Opera's Restaurant. It's the best I've ever had. It also served the best potato dish I've ever had in my life. I think they were fried but then put into a mold or form to cook in the oven. Wonderful taste and texture.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2015, 08:47:14 PM »
I received some very good advice, and took some time to reflect on my life.
Sometimes we rush into things before we are ready.

Those that have had success understand you need to give 100 %,  you need to be not only physically but also mentally ready.

I still plan to focus on Ukrainian women, but I have noticed that there seems to be more positive TR's from those who have went to Ukraine over the past few months.
The last few years there were countless men almost all telling the same story.
I'm sure there are more motivated women in Ukraine now than a couple years ago, only now one needs to be aware of the fact the women may now show interest and shy away from shopping to keep their options open.

Will be interesting to see how this evolves over the next couple years.
It's possible it could be much like it was back in the day, when any joker could become a mule.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #336 on: July 25, 2015, 04:25:56 AM »
I still plan to focus on Ukrainian women, but I have noticed that there seems to be more positive TR's from those who have went to Ukraine over the past few months.
Why have you made the decision to focus on only Ukrainian women? I have never understood this thinking.

If, in your search, the woman you find is Ukrainian, great. I sincerely hope you're not being swayed by the no visa necessary nonsense, or the thought of an economically exploitive environment.

Who are these countless men, and what stories are they telling you?

I haven't read about any real "success" stories on any forum, although I'm sure there might have been a few here and there, but certainly no more than from Russia, or Belarus for that matter.

I do know of Ukrainian women moving away to find love, but most moved to Russia.

I'm curious because you seem to be intent on focusing on an area and not the woman, not to mention what I would consider "odd" reasons for not even considering the place where you found success the first time.

When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #337 on: July 25, 2015, 07:15:06 AM »
Why have you made the decision to focus on only Ukrainian women? I have never understood this thinking.

If, in your search, the woman you find is Ukrainian, great. I sincerely hope you're not being swayed by the no visa necessary nonsense, or the thought of an economically exploitive environment.

Who are these countless men, and what stories are they telling you?

I haven't read about any real "success" stories on any forum, although I'm sure there might have been a few here and there, but certainly no more than from Russia, or Belarus for that matter.

I do know of Ukrainian women moving away to find love, but most moved to Russia.

I'm curious because you seem to be intent on focusing on an area and not the woman, not to mention what I would consider "odd" reasons for not even considering the place where you found success the first time.

Danchik,
For me it's a matter of personal choice to focus on Ukrainian women.
For me it would be very difficult to travel to Moscow, and relive memories of the past.
I loved my wife very much, so my choice is based on respect for her.

One would have to be naive to think women don't factor in their economic future when making the choice to marry and move to another country.
Quality of life matters. Look how Russian economy got stronger, and the Russian brides industry died.

Ukraine will be economically depressed for many years to come.
Women who once were content to date local men, might not see the life they aspire to live.
Of course you need to find a good woman your compatible with.
Without a strong commitment, you could become nothing more than a mule

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #338 on: July 25, 2015, 06:44:43 PM »
For me it's a matter of personal choice to focus on Ukrainian women.
For me it would be very difficult to travel to Moscow, and relive memories of the past.
I loved my wife very much, so my choice is based on respect for her.

One would have to be naive to think women don't factor in their economic future when making the choice to marry and move to another country.
Quality of life matters. Look how Russian economy got stronger, and the Russian brides industry died.

Ukraine will be economically depressed for many years to come.
Women who once were content to date local men, might not see the life they aspire to live.
Of course you need to find a good woman your compatible with.
Without a strong commitment, you could become nothing more than a mule

TO BE CLEAR I AM REPLYING TO TWO DIFFERENT READERS OF THIS THREAD

To the lurkers if you think you can build or create a relationship with a woman from the (fSU) former Soviet Union based upon economic disparity (your wealth her poverty) save your pennies and hire a local cleaning woman. If you insist you might even find a woman who is prepared to work topless.

I can understand and respect the choice that TopCat points toward. There is nothing to prevent a woman from say Afarawaystan or Russia from meeting TopCat in Kiev.

Certainly a woman will consider your economic well being when she considers a move to a 'foreign' country.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
Just wondering how it went
« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2021, 08:44:36 AM »
Was there a happy end?
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net