The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Czechoslovakian nurse deliberately infected lots of Nazi officers with STDs  (Read 2752 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
A Czechoslovakian hospital worker who was assigned to look after German soldiers shortly after their invasion of her hometown took revenge into her own bed, taking up affairs with several officers and intentionally passing along debilitating STDs in the process.

The mystery nurse — her name, according to people spinning the tale, has been lost to history — paid the ultimate price for her scheme, eventually being killed by the Gestapo. But the man living in her former home has now, finally, erected a plaque to commemorate her bedroom heroics.

Former lawyer Karel Friml, 79, now lives in the woman’s house and is behind the move to have her memory recognised.

He said: ‘Unfortunately, we don’t know her exact name because time and memories have failed to preserve it.

‘But we know that she was assigned to look after wounded German soldiers and began affairs with them.’

Her dirty deeds were noticed by her neighbors, but weren’t intially recognized as heroic. Quite the opposite:

At first the mystery nurse was shunned and branded a whore by locals, but when the soldiers began either disappearing or dying, Mr Friml says it became known that she was deliberately infecting them.

Friml said taking “maybe six, maybe ten, maybe more” German lovers was “her resistance and vengeance for the rape of her country and her personal rape.”

According to Friml’s account, the mystery nurse’s scheme was eventually uncovered by a secret agent sent to the hospital to investigate why so many officers were dropping like flies. Once the agent put it all together, he had her shot.

http://uproxx.com/webculture/2014/10/nazi-nurse-stds/

I don't know whether this story is true but I thought I would pass it along.  Didn't the STDs of the day take years to kill someone?  The only thing I have to base this upon is the story of noted American gangster Al Capone, who contracted syphilis in the 1920s and died of it in the late 1940s.  He began suffering from the effects of the disease enough by the late 1930s that he was released from Alcatraz prison.

Also, antibiotics cured the Clap.