The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: FSUW Weightlifters  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
FSUW Weightlifters
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »
It's no surprise to those of us who regularly watch the Olympics that there is an active weightlifting culture in FSU. As a kid I remember being riveted to the TV screen watching Vasily Alexeyev's massive lifts at the 1972 and 1976 Olympics.

I thought about this when I saw a video of an 18 year old named Julia Vins doing squats with 180 kgs (that's kgs, not pounds; it would be nearly 400 pounds).

Here she is. You have to fast forward to the 5:24 mark to see her 180 kg squats.

Here are photos of Julia:

ila_rendered

The Norwegian Viking should comment on this thread.

Here is more on women's fitness in Russia:

Russian hockey player Alexander Ovechkin was once asked who he thought was more attractive: American women or Russian women. The Caps star immediately responded “Russian,” an answer that surprised me… Until now. From time to time we’ll feature photos of various fitness models who are attractive, but we’ve never shown you photos from the Fitness Bikini Open in Vladivostok. They’re pretty incredible...  Check out the hardest working models in Mother Russia below!

http://coed.com/2012/04/30/russian-fitness-bikini-open-models-vladivostok-photos/

Why on earth would Ovechkin's answer surprise him?

Here is just one photo from the gallery at the link:

If anyone else has some photos or videos on this subject that you particularly like, by all means post them below.

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Российские модели фитнес
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Larry

Re: FSUW Weightlifters
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »
Gorgeous girls, Bill.  Oh, the incomparable beauty of a wonderful popka!  If Michelangelo were alive today I believe he would be sculpting girls like those last three girls.  Unless, you know, the rumors about him were true. 

By the way, girls looking to gain a great popka should do squats and with heavy weights.

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 09:20:21 PM »
Is it just me or do these women have great haircuts? Love the sports model look as long as they don't bulk up too much.

Offline Larry

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:14 PM »
Is it just me or do these women have great haircuts?

I didn't notice in my first look at the photos, but as I go back now to check I see that they do.
Not sure what I was focusing on in my first look.