The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.  (Read 82860 times)

Offline WestCoast

Re: Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.
« Reply #325 on: July 31, 2022, 10:02:20 AM »
I am just a couple of years from retirement and just 2 years ago I would have never seriously considered relocating to Russia for retiring. For many years I thought my retirement would be in warm climate playing golf daily. Not anymore as we actually started planning our twilight years in Russia. The current political state of affairs, sanctions and war in Ukraine has considerably caused us to retool and rethink how we may do it but we are moving full steam ahead with those plans.

There are many many benefits to living in Russia as opposed to the West right now and it is only gaining momentum. You clearly do not know anything about Russia and apparently haven't taken the time to seek some truth. You're blue pilled to oblivion

This is going to become a bigger subject in the coming years, I think.

Look at this stuff like drag queens in schools twerking at little kids, out-of-control immigration, Islamification, constant celebration of degenerate and alternative lifestyles, the woke train, gay propaganda being forced on kids, and forced vaccines that don't work, not to mention some funny stuff going on with the food supply. You could fill pages with such lists. Then watch the video I posted. Russia looks quite attractive by comparison.

It's always nice to have an insurance policy. Why my daughter has a Russian passport (and no Westy, she didn't have to give up her UK one).

Language is really the only barrier to the average westerner.

Manny if it's so bad in the west why hasn't any RUA member moved to Russia and taken out Russian citizenship? Wouldn't living in Russia as a Russian citizen mean a much better life for someone from the UK/EU? Wouldn't their children have a better life? Any language issues could easily be solved by taking some language classes and practicing with your wife. Over the course of a few years you'd become fluent enough to survive in Russia.

As for Islamization there are lots of Muslims in Moscow and Russia. There are so many Muslims in Moscow that they have to continually build mosques in Moscow to avoid having Muslims praying in the streets of Moscow.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2013/08/moscows-underground-mosques-russias-intolerance-toward-muslims-may-be-breeding-a-more-radical-brand-of-islam.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #326 on: July 31, 2022, 01:12:14 PM »
There are plenty of Brits in Russia making PLENTY of money..

I have several mates who are multi millionaires living in St Petersburg who have a made a fortune here.. who have huge properties portfolios and lots more, were doing pretty well ourselves about to buy our next building project . Every thing is here if you want to make money and ready to work for it. I cant even tell you the amount of Indian guys doing well here, Mexicans, Italians and so on..

Red tape red tape red tape, corruption , corruption , corruption its all most think about when trying to settle in Russia .. yeah there is some.. and there is corruption so what! Nothing to bad.. One mate from the UK employs 400 staff at his printing company which he set up 20 years ago with Russian investors.. he's made a few million..

Most who arrive here to settle soon understand that there is no going back..life is way way to good here.. I could give you a whole load of examples of foreigners  that have done well here .but is personal information..

Most of you here are totally clueless about the opportunities in this great country.. which is a pity really.

Just a few days ago I was out with one of my mates checking his lake house out .. have many of you lot here got a million Euros to invest in one place and a plot of land .. :laugh:

Very cute cabin nestled into the forest... I dig spots like this.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #327 on: July 31, 2022, 01:54:54 PM »
Yea but you never say what Brits do to make money in Russia. USA full of Russians who do not want to go back. Some here legally and some not. A lot of Russian here drive 18-wheeler trucks and or go into the trucking business and there are Russian drivers available here. They also sometime own car lots and car rental businesses. They also do computer related business. I met a Russia attorney who has made a fortune finding way to get Russians into the USA.  WE have professionals of all types, but I have not met many of them.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Lon

• Spouses Country: Russia
sending money to Russia in nobody moves to Russia
« Reply #328 on: July 31, 2022, 01:55:18 PM »
Wifey have a childhood friend she grew up with in novosibirsk that lives close to us here in LA. Her mother is very wealthy and we are trying to find out if we can give her friend cash here so she can in turn tell her mumski to wire money to my in-laws inside Russia. We don’t know yet if this will work.

the missus is sending money to Russia.  or rather transferring rubles from her Russian bank account to another Russian bank account via, I think, zelle.
we get knocks on the door with people dropping off dollar bills or using paypal to send money to the missus.  she then transfers money to recipient in Russia.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #329 on: August 01, 2022, 05:57:55 AM »
Yea but you never say what Brits do to make money in Russia. USA full of Russians who do not want to go back. Some here legally and some not. A lot of Russian here drive 18-wheeler trucks and or go into the trucking business and there are Russian drivers available here. They also sometime own car lots and car rental businesses. They also do computer related business. I met a Russia attorney who has made a fortune finding way to get Russians into the USA.  WE have professionals of all types, but I have not met many of them.

Yeah, migrants work at the jobs available to them. That's normal. is there a point that you are struggling, unsuccessfully, to make?

What do Britons do in Russia? They use their skills to find work that suits their aptitude and needs just as anywhere else.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
Re: sending money to Russia in nobody moves to Russia
« Reply #330 on: August 01, 2022, 09:48:11 AM »
Wifey have a childhood friend she grew up with in novosibirsk that lives close to us here in LA. Her mother is very wealthy and we are trying to find out if we can give her friend cash here so she can in turn tell her mumski to wire money to my in-laws inside Russia. We don’t know yet if this will work.

the missus is sending money to Russia.  or rather transferring rubles from her Russian bank account to another Russian bank account via, I think, zelle.
we get knocks on the door with people dropping off dollar bills or using paypal to send money to the missus.  she then transfers money to recipient in Russia.

Cool your wife seems to have found a way to work around this silly sanction.

As for us, we’re able to confirm from all parties involved that it was actually a mutually equitable proposition. Wifey’s girlfriend’s mumski actually purchased a condo last time she was here. Her plan was to have her daughter and grandkid live in the condo instead of apartment, she’ll send money for PT, ins, etc and she can just pay the mortgage herself, which was blessing because the mortgage is nothing compared to current rental prices.

So now we can give her cash here instead and her mumski will in turn can transfer money internally in country to my in-laws. Win, win.

Offline Manny

« Reply #331 on: August 01, 2022, 11:47:32 AM »
Furnishing it is a daunting task now because monetary support from us is challenging these days to say the least.

I can do modest amounts of money transfer. See the topic at the top news bar.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2022, 11:21:34 AM »

Just a few days ago I was out with one of my mates checking his lake house out .. have many of you lot here got a million Euros to invest in one place and a plot of land .. :laugh:

but does the mate actually own the land?  it is my understanding that the Russian state owns all the shorelines of all the water, rivers, lakes and ocean.  some number of meters back from shoreline (50? 150?)

(edit)

upon speaking to the missus, and her searching online...
yes, you can own water front property, with caveats.
and also, Russia law states that all have access to 20 meters of shoreline (simplified)

https://www.fakt-group.ru/poselki/sosnovyy-plyazh/o-proekte/
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Manny

« Reply #333 on: August 04, 2022, 10:05:00 AM »
Manny if it's so bad in the west why hasn't any RUA member moved to Russia

You may wish to re-read the topic from the start. Many have.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #334 on: August 04, 2022, 11:17:20 AM »
I would say a definite meaning that cannot be disputed is if you move to a country and take a passport of that country you immigrated there .. FINITO..

There are plenty of foreigners who have done this I have many mates who have done this.. all have NO intention of leaving..

Then there is the case of the foreigners who moved to another country but never took up citizenship if you wanted some retard like west coast to argue that point then let him wast his time.. But there are also lots of foreigners living in Russia who never took up citizenship but are clearly staying I know of many and some with very big business interests here .. not just few employees ..big employees with hundreds of Russian workers.. and millions of $$$

I do not have citizenship BUT I will do at some point , its just time things do not happen over night, when I moved to Russia my wife and kids had to do the process of making Russian citizenship that took a couple of years, we also have a business to run, family to look after and other things.. most of this is done now and my turn is next finally. It is as simple as that.. It is the same story for many others who also want citizenship at some point.. nothing happens over night..

But as they say the best things come to those who wait.. :thumbsup:

The bottom line for me and others I know is I have no intention of ever returning to the UK.. simple.. what ever my situation Im happy to eat cabbage soup for a decade or longer if I have to, so is the wife! So are many others..

Unless you have lived in Russia along time you will never understand this.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #335 on: August 04, 2022, 12:26:19 PM »
I would say a definite meaning that cannot be disputed is if you move to a country and take a passport of that country you immigrated there .. FINITO..

There are plenty of foreigners who have done this I have many mates who have done this.. all have NO intention of leaving..

Then there is the case of the foreigners who moved to another country but never took up citizenship if you wanted some retard like west coast to argue that point then let him wast his time.. But there are also lots of foreigners living in Russia who never took up citizenship but are clearly staying I know of many and some with very big business interests here .. not just few employees ..big employees with hundreds of Russian workers.. and millions of $$$

I do not have citizenship BUT I will do at some point , its just time things do not happen over night, when I moved to Russia my wife and kids had to do the process of making Russian citizenship that took a couple of years, we also have a business to run, family to look after and other things.. most of this is done now and my turn is next finally. It is as simple as that.. It is the same story for many others who also want citizenship at some point.. nothing happens over night..

The bottom line for me and others I know is I have no intention of ever returning to the UK.. simple.. what ever my situation Im happy to eat cabbage soup for a decade or longer if I have to, so is the wife! So are many others..

Steveboy you must meet a different type of business professional than I do. In Vancouver I've met plenty of business professionals who work in a country, take up citizenship and then a few years later move on.

Business professionals who have 3 or 4 citizenships from years of working all over the world. Is this normal? Probably not but it's done because having citizenship gives certain advantages. For instance in Canada if you're a professional who has to move back and forth between the USA and Canada it's much easier to do if you have American and Canadian citizenship. Same as if you have to travel back and forth between Canada and Europe or Canada and China.

You say there are many foreigners in Russia? I'm sure there are some from the UK and Europe but I'll bet now there are more Russians heading to the UK and Europe than there are Brits and EU citizens heading to Russia.

Guardian article says there were about 180K Brits living in Russia prior to Russia seizing Crimea in 2014. Within two years the population had shrank to 30K. Now that Russia is at war with Ukraine I'd guess the population of Brits in Russia is once again dropping.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/16/how-britons-living-in-russia-see-diplomatic-row-sergei-skripal
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #336 on: August 04, 2022, 12:49:37 PM »

Steveboy you must meet a different type of business professional than I do. In Vancouver I've met plenty of business professionals who work in a country, take up citizenship and then a few years later move on.

Business professionals who have 3 or 4 citizenships from years of working all over the world. Is this normal? Probably not but it's done because having citizenship gives certain advantages. For instance in Canada if you're a professional who has to move back and forth between the USA and Canada it's much easier to do if you have American and Canadian citizenship. Same as if you have to travel back and forth between Canada and Europe or Canada and China.

You say there are many foreigners in Russia? I'm sure there are some from the UK and Europe but I'll bet now there are more Russians heading to the UK and Europe than there are Brits and EU citizens heading to Russia.

As Said you know absolutely nothing.. If you have a Facebook account I suggest you you join "Moscow expats" just sign up for a few months and check out the threads.. this week there was already a few Brits looking for ways to move to Moscow to be with the wife.. there are also many Russian women with the foreign husband returning to Russia with the husband after years in the US.. and other places..Go on you seem to have unlimited time to do nothing other than check out stories.. do it..

Its not all about money either.. your clueless on every single thing related to Russia.. every thing..

Russia is a place that it is not easy to understand until you actually live here.. so that is something you will never have the opportunity to experience .. Your just sat in your armchair leading a boring probably sexless life..

Probably if you spent some time here you may come to understand the Russian Soul..

The term "Russian soul" has been used in literature in reference to the uniqueness of the Russian national identity. The term is also sometimes denoted as "great Russian soul", "mysterious Russian soul", or "Russian spirit".

As I said its not all about money!! Its about Russia!

I was only speaking to a British girl a few days ago asking her about Russia..

You will probably be surprised how many Yanks and British women are here enjoying every minute of their time here..

Unfortunately your never going to understand this country sat in your armchair.. Try going out a little more often.. better still try having some sex sometime.. Its all I can suggest for you..

Offline Bodine

« Reply #337 on: August 04, 2022, 02:12:52 PM »
Furnishing it is a daunting task now because monetary support from us is challenging these days to say the least.

I can do modest amounts of money transfer. See the topic at the top news bar.

Sorry for a late response, Manny, and thanks for the offer. We did managed to get monies to the in-laws via what I shared above.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #338 on: August 04, 2022, 02:25:07 PM »

As Said you know absolutely nothing.. If you have a Facebook account I suggest you you join "Moscow expats" just sign up for a few months and check out the threads.. this week there was already a few Brits looking for ways to move to Moscow to be with the wife.. there are also many Russian women with the foreign husband returning to Russia with the husband after years in the US.. and other places..Go on you seem to have unlimited time to do nothing other than check out stories.. do it..

Its not all about money either.. your clueless on every single thing related to Russia.. every thing..

Russia is a place that it is not easy to understand until you actually live here.. so that is something you will never have the opportunity to experience .. Your just sat in your armchair leading a boring probably sexless life..

Probably if you spent some time here you may come to understand the Russian Soul..

The term "Russian soul" has been used in literature in reference to the uniqueness of the Russian national identity. The term is also sometimes denoted as "great Russian soul", "mysterious Russian soul", or "Russian spirit".

As I said its not all about money!! Its about Russia!

I was only speaking to a British girl a few days ago asking her about Russia..

You will probably be surprised how many Yanks and British women are here enjoying every minute of their time here..

Unfortunately your never going to understand this country sat in your armchair.. Try going out a little more often.. better still try having some sex sometime.. Its all I can suggest for you..

Russia is a place that it is not easy to understand until you actually live here. I've heard that from just about every expat I've meet from so many different countries. China, Japan, South Korea even from some very boring countries like Mexico, the Philippines and others. They say their country is unique and unless you live there you'll never understand it. You think the Russian soul is unique? What do you think the Japanese, Chinese and others say about their culture?

I've been to these countries and more. I guess you sitting at home in Russia (is your armchair comfy?) will never experience the uniqueness and spirituality of so many other countries.

Offline Bodine

« Reply #339 on: August 04, 2022, 03:50:04 PM »
Russia is a place that it is not easy to understand until you actually live here. I've heard that from just about every expat I've meet from so many different countries. China, Japan, South Korea even from some very boring countries like Mexico, the Philippines and others. They say their country is unique and unless you live there you'll never understand it. You think the Russian soul is unique? What do you think the Japanese, Chinese and others say about their culture?

That's a fantastically moronic thing to say. Why do you find those places 'boring'? Tough time finding KFC, MCDonalds or junk food depot while there?

Food tastes different everywhere. If I go to LA something as common as McDonald's or BK taste different from the McDonald's or BK in Vancouver. The same type of chocolate bars and even Coke taste different in LA compared to Vancouver.

Same if I go to London. McDonald's and KFC taste different from Vancouver. Diary is very different in London from Vancouver. Paris is again different from London whether it's fast food or a meal in a good restaurant. Again Coke at McDonald's or in a can is different in London, Paris and Vancouver.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2022, 05:27:06 PM »

That's a fantastically moronic thing to say. Why do you find those places 'boring'? Tough time finding KFC, MCDonalds or junk food depot while there?

Food tastes different everywhere. If I go to LA something as common as McDonald's or BK taste different from the McDonald's or BK in Vancouver. The same type of chocolate bars and even Coke taste different in LA compared to Vancouver.

Same if I go to London. McDonald's and KFC taste different from Vancouver. Diary is very different in London from Vancouver. Paris is again different from London whether it's fast food or a meal in a good restaurant. Again Coke at McDonald's or in a can is different in London, Paris and Vancouver.

When I said some very boring countries like Mexico, the Philippines and others I meant that places like China, Japan, South Korea and others have a certain mystique to them that place such as Mexico, the Philippines and a few others, IMO, lack. I have spent much more time in Mexico and the Philippines than I have in Japan, China and South Korea even though I've also spent a fair amount of time in each of those countries too.

No problems finding KFC or McDonald's in the Philippines or Mexico, although I think they may be more common in Japan. 

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #341 on: August 05, 2022, 01:38:18 AM »

When I said some very boring countries like Mexico, the Philippines and others I meant that places like China, Japan, South Korea and others have a certain mystique to them that place such as Mexico, the Philippines and a few others, IMO, lack. I have spent much more time in Mexico and the Philippines than I have in Japan, China and South Korea even though I've also spent a fair amount of time in each of those countries too.

No problems finding KFC or McDonald's in the Philippines or Mexico, although I think they may be more common in Japan.

You seriously need to go and get rid of all that access sperm that has been building up in your ball bags over the last few years.. Go find a women.. if you cant do that just hire a hooker for a few hours.. just do something! Other than sit in your armchair..its not good for you to be sat in that position day after day ..

You need to get out..get a life.. get some exercise.. before its to late..

Offline Manny

« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2024, 05:48:02 AM »
A large Christian family moved from America to Russia due to disagreement with the LGBT agenda

Joseph and Ann are the proud parents of six children. Now they are expecting the birth of their seventh baby.

The couple decided on an important event for them - moving from America to Russia.

Joseph and Ann speak briefly and laconically about the reasons: it's all the fault of the ideology of cultural Marxism.

An interesting thirty-minute video with them and their family on Twitter here.

https://twitter.com/mylordbebo/status/1787722085868925056

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2024, 06:53:03 AM »
A large Christian family moved from America to Russia due to disagreement with the LGBT agenda

Joseph and Ann are the proud parents of six children. Now they are expecting the birth of their seventh baby.

The couple decided on an important event for them - moving from America to Russia.

Joseph and Ann speak briefly and laconically about the reasons: it's all the fault of the ideology of cultural Marxism.

He ain't wrong

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #344 on: May 08, 2024, 07:27:55 AM »

Yea I saw their story on TikTok and it'll be something of a growing future trend, unless the liberal "progressive" western governments get a grip and reverse the destruction of our societies. I'll stick it out and make my coin from here at the moment but if it all goes to shit, as it looks like doing, I'd consider cashing in and heading to Russia or somewhere sunny to live out my days.

Online 2tallbill

Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.
« Reply #345 on: May 08, 2024, 04:53:49 PM »
unless the liberal "progressive" western governments get a grip and reverse the destruction of our societies.

People must stop electing the progressive Western politicians. That's the only solution.
Leftist politicians don't get a grip, they double down.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2024, 05:08:05 PM »
Former Senate aide Tara Reade credibly accused Joe Biden of sexual assault. Now the DoJ is after her and she’s moved to Russia seeking political asylum.

She also raised concerns about the proxy war with Russia and claimed that if Biden got elected in 2019, he would go to war with Russia.

https://www.tiktok.com/@tuckercarlsonnetwork/video/7366757644201135403?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc&web_id=7365295139806807585

Offline Manny

« Reply #347 on: May 13, 2024, 01:00:32 PM »
I'll stick it out and make my coin from here at the moment but if it all goes to shit, as it looks like doing, I'd consider cashing in and heading to Russia or somewhere sunny to live out my days.

Same here. I'm scouting locations on my travels now. I've even started to consider the US (southern Republican places, obvs). My next diversion when I go to China is Thailand for a few days to see my pal who retired there last year. Just to scout it out to see if its worth taking wifey back to look at. But Russia remains a possibility.

We'll probably start out as snowbirds, as they call them over the pond.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #348 on: May 13, 2024, 02:02:01 PM »
I was looking to retire in Crimea, probably a smaller city close to evpatoria (20 mins drive max) , costs near-nothing and in the tourism season you are surrounded by restaurants/beaches/thingstodo/etc.....

The only drawback for me was the super-warm climate, the black sea can easily match my hot tub in August.

now I will first have to see how the war plays out and if its still viable after that.

The weird thing is, there are a lot of Muslims there too (Tatars mostly) , but they don't do the headscarf for women, they don't do the super-attitude or any of the other things I hate about Europe's muzzies... they're nice and respectable folk who don't get in-your-face about their religious shit.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online 2tallbill

Westcoast: Nobody immigrates to the FSU from the west.
« Reply #349 on: May 13, 2024, 02:05:05 PM »
We'll probably start out as snowbirds, as they call them over the pond.

US options
Montana/South Dakota for the Summer
Texas/Florida for the Winter

I would only consider Russia if the in-laws need an extra hand.
Corruption is never a problem until it is.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls