The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: ElenasModels.com Site Redesign - painful!  (Read 15882 times)

Offline Jeffery

Re: ElenasModels.com Site Redesign - painful!
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 04:43:07 PM »
They have added back in, the advanced search, but all the graphical gewgaws, popups, sliders etc. make the site 5x slower than before.

Exactly! Besides all the bugs, the site is so tediously slow now with all the above, that it makes for a most unpleasant experience.
Not one conducive to having me return any time soon.

They must have a death wish, or the unemployed brother in law that can't
hold a job redesigned it for them and they can't fire him.

Here are two replies to my most recent complaints, written by the unemployed brother:

1.   "I got it now, you mean, when you click on small right and left arrows to view other pictures in small size, you get that error message.
I have forwarded your complaint to our IT Department and they will fix this error shortly.
Thank you for bringing this bug to our notice."

2.  "Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Yes we had automatic loginfeature on our old website and we are working on bringing it on our new website.

We are re-designing the loginwindow with many more options and we are going to update our website in few days.

We just need some more days for testing before we update our website with new features that includes automatic login/ remember me option. "

"... some more days", yeah right.  :)

Offline BelleZeBoob

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2014, 06:32:20 PM »
Thanks for trying to find me my dears! Looks like it's just a code is left there...
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2014, 12:30:50 AM »
Is anyone still using Elena's? 

Besides the fact that the site is rather slow and often times unresponsive, there are several profiles I strongly feel are fake and yet they refuse to remove them.  I'm usually rather good at detecting fake profiles / correspondence.  They all seem to follow a certain unrealistic pattern. 

I would love to hear other member's opinions and input. 

Spasiba zapomish! 

Online Omega1982

« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2014, 09:58:43 PM »
Anyone? 

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »
Is anyone still using Elena's? 

Besides the fact that the site is rather slow and often times unresponsive, there are several profiles I strongly feel are fake and yet they refuse to remove them.  I'm usually rather good at detecting fake profiles / correspondence.  They all seem to follow a certain unrealistic pattern. 

I would love to hear other member's opinions and input. 

Spasiba zapomish!

I'm not using Elena's now, but when I was, I informed them a couple of times about 'improper' profiles.

One was a profile of a woman in Ukraine. I told them I had tried to meet the woman (in Ukraine) and also had a non-visual Skype session with 'her'.
They removed 'her' profile.

The other was also a woman from Ukraine. I met her and learned she is still married. I told Elena's of this and they removed her profile too.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
EM is a study in how to ruin a useful FSUW match making site...

Looks like Elena sold it off to god knows who - originally from Yekaterinburg - she married a South African bloke - moved to OZ and ran it successfully there for a number of years...  most of the ladies were legit and they had a verified profile feature early on.

Now it seems Elena sold the site with the slacking off of the MOB biz and for whatever reason did not want to compete with Adate - arguably the only globally successful MOB chat and tours site... Adate sucessfully competing against the likes of Mamba and VK in the FSU countries - the RU UA war has not helped.

Knowing a bit about the IT industry looks to me the old code that actually worked on EM was replaced with some sort of cheap freelance package from India full of Advertising spamware and completely untested code with no functional or load testing what so ever... 

Would not surprise me if it was now owned by underworld operators more interested in identity theft than match making and I will not be using this hacko-spam-a-rama again.

Online Omega1982

« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2015, 10:56:03 PM »
I wanted to share my experience on opinion regarding Elenas Models with the newer members. 

I have reason to believe there are some fake profiles there.  I have encountered some women sending me EOI's and then do not reply to any  e mails.  Of course this is beneficial for the site because this eats up your paid credits. 

I have also encountered some women that insist on me giving them my e mail but refuse to give me their skype, or refuse to be seen on skype. 

I want to advise the new people that some of the scammers, or Yuris will send you a virus through your e mail, or ask you for money. 

I always prefer to have a nice conversation on skype first. 

I can't really say anything positive about Elena's models.  Does anyone concur? 

Offline Justmd

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2015, 11:13:03 PM »
I wanted to share my experience on opinion regarding Elenas Models with the newer members. 

I have reason to believe there are some fake profiles there.  I have encountered some women sending me EOI's and then do not reply to any  e mails.  Of course this is beneficial for the site because this eats up your paid credits. 

I have also encountered some women that insist on me giving them my e mail but refuse to give me their skype, or refuse to be seen on skype. 

I want to advise the new people that some of the scammers, or Yuris will send you a virus through your e mail, or ask you for money. 

I meet my wife on this site and found it easy to use and rather inexpensive...we moved away from Elena's within 2 weeks to personal e-mail and skype.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2015, 12:15:00 AM »

I meet my wife on this site and found it easy to use and rather inexpensive...we moved away from Elena's within 2 weeks to personal e-mail and skype.

It truly has seemed to change for the worse since then though.

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2015, 12:39:23 AM »
That would concur exactly with my experience of EM as well!

There were certainly fake profiles on EM when I was a member to - for the first few days I didn't put any photos up and was still getting EOI's from the "banner" girls!!!

It doesn't look like things have changed that much!

On the plus side it was always a really simple site/format to use :thumbsup:
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline Justmd

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »
That would concur exactly with my experience of EM as well!

There were certainly fake profiles on EM when I was a member to - for the first few days I didn't put any photos up and was still getting EOI's from the "banner" girls!!!

It doesn't look like things have changed that much!

On the plus side it was always a really simple site/format to use :thumbsup:

I for certain breezed past many fake profiles and was easy to spot them after spending just a few days on the site...but I was impressed with the ease to send personal messages and then move away from the site if the lady in question had a personal e-mail account and skype...within 2 weeks I meet my wife and soon to be mother of our son!

A shame if format has changed.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 10:18:06 PM »
B.O.T. the "new" EM site NO LONGER FUNCTIONS CORRECTLY... try it for a day but don't let them have your Credit Card info - fore warned is fore armed...  For example just did a quick search 3204 record(s) between 18 to 28 age ... using Google Chrome - clicked on multiple ladies profiles links and NONE work - this site has been turned into a complete SUCKFEST.

Seems a sleazy chat and video version of AWEB which actually does over $100M a year and has a site that actually works.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2015, 07:10:40 AM »
Dogsoldier and Justmd Chatting has been moved from this topic: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=22588.0
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration