The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: ElenasModels.com Site Redesign - painful!  (Read 15863 times)

Offline Jeffery

Re: ElenasModels.com Site Redesign - painful!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 04:13:06 PM »

That's pretty much the way it's supposed to be done. I'm surprised they didn't run a beta version in conjunction with their old version and ask for comments. Judging from the way the new version works I doubt there'd be too many positive comments. In turn that'd give them some clues where improvements were needed for the next version. Then repeat the process until the new version works properly.

Perhaps EM used the same people that designed and implemented the Obamacare website?  :laugh:

I agree.
I just checked on the 'development' of the site now and they have taken it down for at least 24 hours to work on it.  :)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »
I just checked on the 'development' of the site now and they have taken it down for at least 24 hours to work on it.  :)

That will explain why the ads to the right have gone off.

After seeing the new site, I did actually shoot them a few suggestions based on my thoughts and member comments. Not sure if they will take any notice, but as they get a noticeable lump of traffic from here, one would hope they might.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
I'm not actively looking right now but out of curiosity I wanted to have a look the new site, was only able to log in once and haven't been able to log in for days now. It is a total flop, the previous site was dated but it was functional and worked reasonably well.

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 08:50:54 PM »

That will explain why the ads to the right have gone off.

After seeing the new site, I did actually shoot them a few suggestions based on my thoughts and member comments. Not sure if they will take any notice, but as they get a noticeable lump of traffic from here, one would hope they might.

Yes, I'm not sure how this one will play out.
I also sent them some suggestions a few days ago, but interestingly this is the first time I have not heard back from them.

I have sent suggestions before and asked questions and always received a reply within a day.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »
So, one possible situation for the rapid move - lost emails?

I have seen at least one case, where a girl I was communicating with, had sent an email, that never showed up - but it showed up now, a month later! 

I am unhappy about that, to be sure  >:(  :GRRRR:
Anchors Rewoven

Offline tzwd72

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 09:20:22 AM »
Yes the definitely "Sh!t the bed" on this. My bro just purchased a platinum membership and is super peeved at not being able to get into his email. We're both heading to Minsk and he wants to get some correspondence in quickly as my time will be with Anya and he might be going solo...  Hope they get it together soon.  On a side note don't worry if the ladies are wondering why you are not responding....Anya as well as her mother hasn't been able to login at all so they ladies are having issues as well.
I kept telling the ladies in my country what I wanted...they pissed themselves laughing...

Offline Anathema

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2014, 01:19:14 AM »
A month on and it's still garbage.  It was my favorite site but now I check it maybe once a week. 

The photos are too small when you're browsing, the advanced search doesn't work, if you browse by categories (such as "Online now"), it doesn't show their age, the age slider at the top doesn't work, the online/offline indicator is still wonky, if you click "Next" to go to the next page it jumps by 5 pages instead, inbox is buggy, there's no longer indication of when the girl was last online, no EOI response rate, etc. etc.

There's no way I'll be renewing my membership with the way the site is currently.

Offline tzwd72

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2014, 05:55:00 AM »
I cancelled my membership and sent them an email stating when the get it fixed... email me.
I kept telling the ladies in my country what I wanted...they pissed themselves laughing...

Offline Manny

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2014, 11:29:24 AM »
I wonder how well people are getting along with the new Elena's site now?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2014, 11:44:05 AM »

Have they changed it again?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2014, 11:51:58 AM »

Have they changed it again?

Well, they changed it a few months ago and it was all broken. But they have since had time to fix it, but from what I saw it is still painful. I just wondered if people were still using them or if the new site drove them all away.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »
They probably wouldn't notice much with the state of the business overall.

Have they set up a live video chat thingy yet?

Offline Manny

« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2014, 03:48:13 PM »
They probably wouldn't notice much with the state of the business overall.

Have they set up a live video chat thingy yet?

I dont know. I am not a user; my interface is different.

What I can tell you is they have had financial/technical issues it seems since June. We'll call it technical errors due to the site redesign for now. Expect to see their ads vanish at weekend unless somebody there wakes up. That is all I will say for now.

What I am wondering, is have any users here used the site the last few months? Or has everyone abandoned it since the site redesign. Lurkers and low post members - I am asking you this question. Please chime in if you are currently using Elena's Models.

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »
What I am wondering, is have any users here used the site the last few months? Or has everyone abandoned it since the site redesign. Lurkers and low post members - I am asking you this question. Please chime in if you are currently using Elena's Models.

I seldom visit the site now.
Yes it is still painful.  :(

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2014, 11:07:24 PM »
Yes, Manny I am still using Elena's, although I prefer F Dating.  Better functioning site, and more selection = better end results. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2014, 02:42:25 AM »
Coffin, nail, hammer.

If they are no longer able to pay affiliates then given their previous history we can safely infer that they did not take on board the stuff they read a few years ago - or tried too late to do something about it. The site redesign was pretty obviously a last roll of the dice and I bet that the correction work has not been done for a very good reason.

Offline BelleZeBoob

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2014, 06:54:09 AM »
It seems that my membership is still alive, despite no photos! Can someone drop me a line to  E2147495725?
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline Anathema

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »
I sent them some constructive criticism about a month before my membership was due to expire. I listed out all the bugs and missing features (from the old site) in bullet point form as well as the browsers I was using, OS, etc.

They have fixed a number of my complaints but the site is still very lacking. Because of that I let my membership expire a few weeks ago.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
Just managed to log on after a password reset request...

Entered Belle's EM ID as she requested in both member ID search and advanced search entered E2147495725 and got "No Record(s) Found."

Went to my Homepage and found an Advanced Search function...

re-entered Belle's ID and "No Record(s) Found."  Ok so tried the Advanced search by country with the age slider 18 to 80 - surprising how many 50+ models there are!

Any way tried advanced search with country Canada and ONLY 31 ladies profiles ages 18 to 80 total for all of Canada - talk about scrubbing the ladies database - one way to make sure you have fresh (bait) profiles!!!

And no searching by city or postal code - conclusion a complete and utter fustercluck.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2014, 09:48:26 PM »
More testing - searched Ukraine 18 to 32 got 93 pages at 15 profiles per page for a total of only 1400+/1 ladies in all of Ukraine - what a joke I would use mamba or VK or even Facebook or ugh gasp hargh AWEB truth be told as EM has committed e-commerce suicide here.

Offline Justmd

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 10:21:39 PM »
Guess I got out before this site went to hell...worked well for me with ease of use and cost.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:06 PM »
It seems that my membership is still alive, despite no photos! Can someone drop me a line to  E2147495725?

I entered your ID, and the reply was 'Sorry, there are no records.' Of course I don't have an EM membership but with the old site even those without membership could search for a specific ID #.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2014, 06:21:00 PM »
Coffin, nail, hammer.

If they are no longer able to pay affiliates then given their previous history we can safely infer that they did not take on board the stuff they read a few years ago - or tried too late to do something about it. The site redesign was pretty obviously a last roll of the dice and I bet that the correction work has not been done for a very good reason.

I have been using EM for almost two years. Haven't been active since around May but still checked it out occasionally since the site remodelling because I had a paid membership that was still valid.

I'd say that it was a fairly vibrant site with a lot of traffic until recently. Its gone into free fall with this new website and there are far less women on it currently than was the case a year ago.

I'm not looking now but if I was still searching, I would think twice about signing up for it again. The old site was actually reasonably functional and easy to use and did have a lot of traffic.

Not sure what you are on about affiliates though?  ???

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
I am engaged so I don't use Elena's models anymore. However, I have tried
to use it since I've heard of their redesign and it's a mess. They abandoned
the advanced search features. What idiots. That was the best feature of their
site. I could search for a 175 cm and taller girl, or I can find every girl in my
age range in a certain city.

They must have a death wish, or the unemployed brother in law that can't
hold a job redesigned it for them and they can't fire him.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 11:00:42 PM »
I am engaged so I don't use Elena's models anymore. However, I have tried
to use it since I've heard of their redesign and it's a mess. They abandoned
the advanced search features. What idiots. That was the best feature of their
site. I could search for a 175 cm and taller girl, or I can find every girl in my
age range in a certain city.

They must have a death wish, or the unemployed brother in law that can't
hold a job redesigned it for them and they can't fire him.

They have added back in, the advanced search, but all the graphical gewgaws, popups, sliders etc. make the site 5x slower than before.
Anchors Rewoven

Registration