Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Ask a Russian Speaking Lady - Спроси у русской леди

To work or stay at home?

<< < (2/12) > >>

alenika:

--- Quote from: Rasputin on November 28, 2007, 02:20:12 PM ---My word of caution: don't believe the hype of agencies.
--- End quote ---
There are women who prefer to stay at home also. And this doesn't necessarily mean be bored. Although yes I agree that most of them would be bored. I had discussions with girls in internet and none of them wanted to stay home. Although given the opportunity I'd stay at home and refuse of career. I think that staying at home doesn't mean lack of self-realisation. I think that this depends on the woman. I think I have enough in me not to be bored being alone lol. Hm I better write this later, as need to go to work now  ;D

Rasputin:

--- Quote from: alenika on November 28, 2007, 09:39:14 PM --- There are women who prefer to stay at home also. And this doesn't necessarily mean be bored.

--- End quote ---

My wife was happy to get a break from work for the couple of weeks, then the boredom set in. A lot of women (Russia and elsewhere) do wish they could stay at home and take a break and eventually raise the kids. However, it is one thing to dream about it when you are rushed at work, it is quite another thing to live it week after week and month after month. So, what happens if a man marries a woman who sincerely says that she wants to stay at home, but realizes a few months down the road that she misses work?

Olga_Mouse:

--- Quote from: Rasputin on December 06, 2007, 02:55:51 PM ---
 So, what happens if a man marries a woman who sincerely says that she wants to stay at home, but realizes a few months down the road that she misses work?

--- End quote ---

Probably then the husband can help her to find a job she can do as a free-lancer?

Or something she can do from her home computer (translations, accounting)?

Markje:
I don't know how this works in America, but the Netherlands have large government-sponsored programs to get people who want to work a good job.

Manny:

--- Quote from: Rasputin on December 06, 2007, 02:55:51 PM ---So, what happens if a man marries a woman who sincerely says that she wants to stay at home, but realizes a few months down the road that she misses work?

--- End quote ---

I know a guy in this exact situation, she told him tales of 'cozy home' and he bought it. He was hoping to have her barefoot, pregnant and blissfully happy at the prospect. A few months into the marriage however, despite him throwing bundles of cash at her to go shopping, she got bored with shopping and sat at home very bored while he was out at work all day.

One day she gave him over £1000 back he had thrown at her previously in dribs and drabs, she told him she couldn't do so much shopping, there was nothing else she really needed so she didn't need the money. Then she hit him with the biggie; she wanted to earn her own money, she wanted a job. He refused. (We cant say if the 20 year age gap played a part in his refusal)

So they compromised, now she is at college learning something she will probably never use, and she is having driving lessons, her aim is to get a UK qualification and be able to drive herself to work. He sees it as alleviating her boredom and 'keeping her quiet.'

He is hoping she will soon be barefoot and pregnant and thoughts of work will drift away, she is exhibiting signs of depression, he is still working long hours.

So what will happen when his 29 year old wife, who has excellent English by the way, gets her driving licence and her qualification and is still bored after he refuses to let her work?  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version