Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Ask a Russian Speaking Lady - Спроси у русской леди

To work or stay at home?

(1/12) > >>

DonA:
"According to the MOB sites, typical RW tend to be like American women were in the 1950's." Does anybody really believe this hype? I have yet to meet a Russian woman who would fit the June Cleaver stereotype.

I know several women who fit that description; One being my X-wife and another being my present wife.

I know several other Ladies, members of our Church, who fit the  bill as well.

DonAz

Rasputin:

--- Quote from: DonAz on November 28, 2007, 09:22:39 AM ---"According to the MOB sites, typical RW tend to be like American women were in the 1950's." Does anybody really believe this hype? I have yet to meet a Russian woman who would fit the June Cleaver stereotype.

I know several women who fit that description; One being my X-wife and another being my present wife.

I know several other Ladies, members of our Church, who fit the  bill as well.

DonAz

--- End quote ---

She wants to stay home and focus all her energy on raising children and keeping her home nice and tidy? Most Russian women who are living with foreign husbands complain of the boredom of staying at home.

DonA:
She wants to stay home and focus all her energy on raising children and keeping her home nice and tidy? Most Russian women who are living with foreign husbands complain of the boredom of staying at home.

It's all about her life choices. My wife loves being a housewife domestic Goddess  ;D.

Let me explain something about me. My parents separated in 1961 when I was 4 or 5. Mom worked and I hated it. When I married my first wife I told her I wanted her to stay home to raise our children. She agreed it was the best way for us to go...

Yulia has old fashion values which I love. Yulia does not work, I am semiretired so we spend most of our time together.Hence no boredom  :).

Now I agree with you; if a woman were   only   to stay home and not have any outside intersts  it will not bode well for the longevity of the relationship as well make a woman very bored  and boring to be with

DonAz

mendeleyev:
Rasputin and Don, you both are right...depending on the individual.  I know of several of the ladies in Don's church and his description is very accurate.  In fact in the local Russian community one could point to many ladies with this view.

However Rasputin is also correct.  My wife would hang me out to dry if I wanted her to drop her business.  But we are in a different place in life.  Our two older daughters (mine from a previous marriage) are grown and on their own and our youngest daughter (hers) is a university student.  And my wife derives great joy from her work which allows her to express her creativity.  And she is very successful at it.  We enjoy her success!

One can hear the cozy home/children idea epressed from RW/UW in the FSU.  Many truly would like to have the ability to concentrate time on young children and the house. 

However, reality sets in with economic realities first and as the children grow older the prospect of sitting at home polishing the silver doesn't have the same luster (sorry...pun intended) as it did a few years earlier. 

Don and Yulia create opportunities for spending time, but some ladies come here to a husband who is working his fingers to the bone 10 hours daily and has neither the time or resources to broaden her horizons.  So she sits, a captive in her home, and quickly she decides to get out and create life with work and new friends.

Rasputin:

--- Quote from: mendeleyev on November 28, 2007, 01:40:06 PM ---Don and Yulia create opportunities for spending time, but some ladies come here to a husband who is working his fingers to the bone 10 hours daily and has neither the time or resources to broaden her horizons.  So she sits, a captive in her home, and quickly she decides to get out and create life with work and new friends.

--- End quote ---

That what my wife heard from another woman who left Russia for the USA a couple months before my wife left Russia to join me in Canada. This other RW in the USA complained to her friend that she is bored to tears in the United States. My wife will try to get more info, but my guess is that she is sitting at home and disappointed that she could not continue her studies as she had hoped to do before leaving Russia. My wife's friend, of course, passed on the info to my wife and asked my wife if she was bored. My wife told her that she is quite busy with studying English and already has a lot of friends and a number of activities that she loves, including going to the pool.

My word of caution: don't believe the hype of agencies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version