The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: new TLC show 90 day Fiance tv show  (Read 14729 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: new TLC show 90 day Fiance tv show
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Damn the person that made me download this, i'm fecking addicted now......

The Mo and Danielle one is the best train wreck ever, better than the normal train wrecks on here!

When's Ep 9 on? Anyone got a contact at the TV company and get me the rest of the eps before broadcast? I'll do anything, suck job, tromboning, reach-round, tea bagging , dirty Sanchez or even the Mongolian Chimney Sweep, though I'd need practice for the last one........

Please...

Oh no, it's finished, how can an hours show be only 35 minutes? This would never happen on the BBC or another State-owened Totalitarian TV company like RT.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2014, 11:43:38 AM »

The Mo and Danielle one is the best train wreck ever, better than the normal train wrecks on here!

When's Ep 9 on? Anyone got a contact at the TV company and get me the rest of the eps before broadcast? I'll do anything, suck job, tromboning, reach-round, tea bagging , dirty Sanchez or even the Mongolian Chimney Sweep, though I'd need practice for the last one........

Please...

Oh no, it's finished, how can an hours show be only 35 minutes? This would never happen on the BBC or another State-owened Totalitarian TV company like RT.....

Ste, please post more !!!  ;D ;D ;D
(I would consider providing some of the aforementioned "soliciting alternatives", so to fuel my addiction to excellently written, humorous posts!)

:saint:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2014, 11:45:49 AM »

Please...

(I would consider providing some of the aforementioned "soliciting alternatives", so to fuel my addiction to excellently written, humorous posts!)

There's a forum discussion all the action here, of course the shows are on the internet in the usual places....

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/19093-s02e08-fears-family-future/
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:36 AM »

Please...

There's a forum discussion all the action here, of course the shows are on the internet in the usual places....

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/19093-s02e08-fears-family-future/

Thanks Ste, but they aren't nearly as funny as your post is  :(

(The posters there make the most notorious among us come across as  :saint: )
Douglas Adams

Offline Boris

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2014, 06:33:02 PM »
"Mohamed consults a lawyer on his wedding day" :-))))))) I watched the show when she went searching for him at the airport. Really sad...

Offline Boris

Re: TLC show 90 day Fiance tv show: season 2
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »
The second season of this tv show will be aired starting in mid-October.  I watched one episode but I don't know if it was from last season or this season. I assume it's from last season.  It follows a 48 year old American guy named Len from Phoenix, Arizona and a 23 year old UW named Alina, who lives in a small town in the Lugansk region.

It's difficult to understand the entire story, but here are some of the highlights:

SPOILER ALERT:

The couple meet in her city, then vacation together once in Mexico and once in the Dominican Republic. She looks good in a bikini.  After discussing it with her he files an application for a fiancee visa to bring her to the US.

Alina is very angry that he has gone to coffee with a girl in Phoenix.  It is his business partner in the gym he runs.  Alina swears a lot, in English.

Len cannot reach her for two weeks.  When he finally reaches her and asks where she has been she admits that she spent the time on vacation in Turkey with another guy.  He asks her if she really likes this guy (a stupid question, in my opinion).  She says of course she likes him - he buys her every single thing she wants.  She says that she is "best f***ing woman in the world" (a claim I find dubious at best).

He withdraws his fiancee visa application.

It can be watched here: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance/videos/meet-len-and-alina.htm

I think Longingforthesouth might have met her, or at least one of her kindred spirits.

Len is in good shape but she is just too young....He wanted it to be "her house." He's lucky she didn't get it....:-))))

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: TLC show 90 day Fiance tv show: season 2
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2014, 04:46:25 PM »
The second season of this tv show will be aired starting in mid-October.  I watched one episode but I don't know if it was from last season or this season. I assume it's from last season.  It follows a 48 year old American guy named Len from Phoenix, Arizona and a 23 year old UW named Alina, who lives in a small town in the Lugansk region.

It's difficult to understand the entire story, but here are some of the highlights:

SPOILER ALERT:

The couple meet in her city, then vacation together once in Mexico and once in the Dominican Republic. She looks good in a bikini.  After discussing it with her he files an application for a fiancee visa to bring her to the US.

Alina is very angry that he has gone to coffee with a girl in Phoenix.  It is his business partner in the gym he runs.  Alina swears a lot, in English.

Len cannot reach her for two weeks.  When he finally reaches her and asks where she has been she admits that she spent the time on vacation in Turkey with another guy.  He asks her if she really likes this guy (a stupid question, in my opinion).  She says of course she likes him - he buys her every single thing she wants.  She says that she is "best f***ing woman in the world" (a claim I find dubious at best).

He withdraws his fiancee visa application.

It can be watched here: http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance/videos/meet-len-and-alina.htm

I think Longingforthesouth might have met her, or at least one of her kindred spirits.

Len is in good shape but she is just too young....He wanted it to be "her house." He's lucky she didn't get it....:-))))

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house. Zsa Zsa Gabor
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Olga_Mouse

• Trips: Resident
new TLC show - 90 day Fiance - tv show
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2015, 12:19:09 PM »
Wondering which season is now being broadcasted in Russia? Tonight on air: an episode with a boy-band lead singer from Nicaragua, a 29 y.o. female from Colombia + 34 y.o. american groom, and a young asian (?) man coming to his two times older and three times fatter bride...

Also wondering if all this has been completely rehearsed and staged, or has at least a remote connection to reality?

P.S.
Seems it was that episode...

One of the couples followed is an obese AW who is engaged to a fellow named Mohammed.  And there is a large age gap! He's the younger one, of course. The AW mentioned that Mohammed "in his religion has to have special meat that's been prayed over (a/k/a halal meat)" that she can get only in Cleveland or Dayton.

Another AW raves about her Nicaraguan pop star fiance, part of the first boy band in Nicaragua. 

Season 2, then?
Leaving Russia is not an emigration, rather an evacuation.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2015, 11:53:00 PM »
Olga that's Season 2

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
Re: new TLC show - 90 day Fiance - tv show
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2015, 04:08:05 AM »

Also wondering if all this has been completely rehearsed and staged, or has at least a remote connection to reality?

Olga, somehow i can't believe this is for real...  :duh: Either it's staged and playing on most typical stereotypes - older & dumb overly-innocent- for- his age man from a middle of nowhere/ much younger  slutty  far-from-serious 'gal or it is a reality, but not mine, not the reality i've ever witnessed   :biggrin: 

I watched 10 minutes of last years recaps, and about 10 minutes of the first show this year.
All I could stomach, they find the same type of people who willing to go on
Dr. Phil and tell the nation their issues. Most looked foolish
at the least
and right out in left field for the others. TV knows how to pick the worse cases.

+1

What NS1 said.
Douglas Adams

Offline Olga_Mouse

TLC show - 90 day Fiance - tv show
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »

Olga, somehow i can't believe this is for real...  :duh:

Either it's staged and playing on most typical stereotypes

Just checked the TLC program schedule; looks like it's a freaks TV channel?  :D

Don't know how all their programs are correctly titled in English - but the one that follow "90 days fiance" on Russian programming seems to be "Age gap love"... Then there are programs about people with weird bodies or injuries, some supposedly Gypsy families (though according to my understanding there are no Gypsies with pale skin, blond hair and blue eyes...).

So looks like couples, where one half is arriving to USA on K-1 visa, are also viewed as freaks  :D

Re. staging: will need to watch the episodes with original sound, but AT LEAST with Russian translation the dialogues sound extremely unnatural.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
Re: TLC show - 90 day Fiance - tv show
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »

Olga, somehow i can't believe this is for real...  :duh:

Either it's staged and playing on most typical stereotypes

Just checked the TLC program schedule; looks like it's a freaks TV channel?  :D

Don't know how all their programs are correctly titled in English - but the one that follow "90 days fiance" on Russian programming seems to be "Age gap love"... Then there are programs about people with weird bodies or injuries, some supposedly Gypsy families (though according to my understanding there are no Gypsies with pale skin, blond hair and blue eyes...).

So looks like couples, where one half is arriving to USA on K-1 visa, are also viewed as freaks  :D

Re. staging: will need to watch the episodes with original sound, but AT LEAST with Russian translation the dialogues sound extremely unnatural.

Yes, indeed! And you are so right, TLC totally became a freak show  :( One or two years ago i used to watch couple of  shows - Say Yes to the Dress and Toddlers and Tiaras, not that i approve it, but we don't have neither of the phenomena (cashing out crazy sums for wedding dresses and making over kids as grown ups so they can participate in beauty pageants  :o), but right now i am just making sure that i don't switch to it by chance as it's truly sick and disgusting what they are broadcasting.
Ditto per that "Roma family", they look and act like white trash (at least for what i've heard and read of it), nothing like Roma.
Douglas Adams

Offline Olga_Mouse

new TLC "90 day Fiance" TV show (Season 2 - pop-band from Nicaragua)
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2015, 02:47:59 PM »

Another AW raves about her Nicaraguan pop star fiance, part of the first boy band in Nicaragua. 
Eddie Murphy was spectacularly right about the appeal of musicians. 
Query, which fellow is more likely to be more successful with the ladies:
1) a billionaire entrepreneur who is 6'2" tall (around 1.88 cms) with Adonis-like muscularity, 5% body fat, piercing, blue eyes, handsome face, hair so thick he can barely force a brush through it, and the charisma of John F. Kennedy,
or
2) a popular musician?

Alright, I can not possibly know about all other couples, but one thing I know about is showbiz and boy-bands. Thus I've been watching this couple a bit more closely.

Surprise #1: there is a showbiz in Nicaragua?  :o

Surprise #2: how come a lead singer of a boy-band is allowed to leave 2 weeks before the album release?! There are some (much more mature) bands who compose for themselves, record their albums in their own studios - but still, they have to pay session musicians, and most likely they'll send their material to someone else for a) mixing and b) mastering.

Means even in that case recording an album demands certain investments.

When it goes about a boy-band (= a bunch of pretty youngsters), that definitely means they are just producers' marionettes - and ALL of them have signed quite severe contracts re. availability, looks (defining the way they dress, not allowing to change their haircuts, etc.), disclosure of personal information, what they can say \ what they can not say, etc. Breaking even one of the paragraphs of such a contract would mean, for a band member, paying a huge penalty to the producers \ managers \ record label. Would his American fiancée undertake these costs? I somehow doubt it...

Letting a lead singer go 2 weeks before an album release is UNTHINKABLE for any professional manager and producer! 2 weeks before the release date means the CDs have not just been SENT to print, but are most likely printed and stored somewhere already.

Also, how stupid and un-motivated shall a lead singer be to leave in such a moment?!?

NOTE:
After the "show" (or rather a "showcase") the white American girl complains that the band manager has made an announcement about the lead singer leaving "because he found the love of his life" and, at the same time, introduced a replacement singer.

Here I completely agree with the Nicaraguan manager (have myself done nearly the same about one year ago): use ANYTHING that happens to create a good publicity + try to present the news the way you want them, instead of allowing the public \ fanbase to speculate. Present EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHAT under a positive sauce (thus "finding a love of his life" is useful).

Surprise 3 (two episodes - presumably 2 weeks after).

The Nicaraguan pop-star receives a message on his smartphone that the band is dismissed.

What?  :o This was supposed to be the album release date, no? Dismissing the band at such a moment would mean flushing all the money invested in the album production & printing down the drain.

IMO, professional managers \ producers should have at least TRIED to start selling the album - maybe re-printing the booklets to feature the new lead singer on the re-designed album sleeve, or organizing a photo-session with both (leaving and new) singers, or Photoshoping something  :-X

OK, I know all this takes time - then postpone the f***ing release for a week or two, but DO something!

Why haven't these people (manager \ producer \ record label) even fought to get their money back? Can't understand their business strategy...  (:)

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
Re: new TLC "90 day Fiance" TV show (Season 2 - pop-band from Nicaragua)
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »
Why haven't these people (manager \ producer \ record label) even fought to get their money back? Can't understand their business strategy...  (:)

You can't be so stupid to believe the plot for these reality shows isn't total fiction?  These things are scripted to keep somebody with a short attention span and a junior high school education entertained.   
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Re: new TLC "90 day Fiance" TV show (Season 2 - pop-band from Nicaragua)
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2015, 12:24:55 PM »

You can't be so stupid to believe the plot for these reality shows isn't total fiction?  These things are scripted to keep somebody with a short attention span and a junior high school education entertained.

To follow up with Shakey's comment even shows such as The Antique's Road Show (both sides of the Atlantic) which is aimed for people who sometimes have more education are fully scripted. I have spoken with someone involved in the very first Big Brother, and it seems it was just ample drugs and fluids that kept that show moving.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Olga_Mouse

TLC show 90 day Fiance tv show
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2020, 02:49:14 AM »
Has anyone watched an episode with a 41 y.o. US-guy, visiting a 31 y.o. girl in Ryazan' / RU?

She asked him if he slept well. He answered that he is not used to sleeping on the sofa in the living room and being disturbed by the light (presumably the curtains were not thick enough).

The guy was expecting to have a 5* hotel service, or f***ing what?  >:(

IMO, to meet a girl who has a 2-room apartment (1 bedroom + 1 living room) shall already be a good sign for him: the lady in question is financially secure enough, thus her motivation is rather genuine.  (:)

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2020, 04:19:52 AM »
What season Olga? do you know their names?
I do not recall this episode if I watched it, but without seeing the original episode in English I would be careful on judging. So much depends on context, tone, and attitude.
From a Slavic point of view, yes she is doing well to have her own 2 "room" apartment, and he was lucky to be asked to stay rather than stay in a hotel. However........
As a Westerner I would have answered those questions honestly also, ie: no, I did not sleep well unfortunately. Why? well I am not used to sleeping on a couch instead of a bed, and, I am not used to (Russian excuses for) curtains that do not block the northern sunrise time of 0300am. Both true facts.
Or was he just sulking because he was not invited to her bed?
I do agree however, that many of the men on these shows have poor attitudes and social skills.

Offline Olga_Mouse

TLC show 90 day Fiancé - which season?
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2020, 04:55:25 AM »
Good question, redroo! Have checked Wikipedia and haven't found any couple with passing age & locations...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90_Day_Fianc%C3%A9
The girl has long straight black hair, that's the only thing I remember... Ah, and the guy is of white race, blond hair.

From a Slavic point of view, yes she is doing well to have her own 2 "room" apartment, and he was lucky to be asked to stay rather than stay in a hotel.
Exactly!  :thumbsup:

However...
As a Westerner I would have answered those questions honestly also, ie: no, I did not sleep well unfortunately. Why? well I am not used to sleeping on a couch instead of a bed, and, I am not used to (Russian excuses for) curtains that do not block the northern sunrise time of 0300 am. Both true facts.
If the guy is so "light-sensitive", then he could have purchased his own eye-mask in advance (was definitely in a cataloge of any trans-atlantic airline...)  (:)

Might very well be the case  :chuckle:

I do agree however, that many of the men on these shows have poor attitudes and social skills.
I'll check when the next episode will be broadcasted by TLC, and try to note down the names  :)

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2020, 10:36:16 AM »
 Their names are Geoffrey and Varya and they are in the latest season that is ongoing right now.  In the last episode that aired on Sunday here Geoffrey just told Varya's mother and brother that he had previously been in jail for drug trafficking when he was young. They were not very happy about the news and told Varya to get away from him. According to him he has been clean ever since, but I found a write up about him that is pretty disturbing...

https://www.yourtango.com/2020331880/are-geoffrey-and-varya-90-day-fiance-before-90-days-still-together

But there is a lot about Paschel that TLC isn't showing in the promos, such as his recent arrest for domestic abuse or the fact that he has been in a years-long custody battle with his ex-wife who also says he was abusive, both of which we'll explore later in this article. Some fans have even wondered why TLC is going ahead with having him on the show, given his checkered past.

The storyline of a grieving father hoping to find love again is certainly the kind of thing reality audiences turn in to watch. But what Paschel neglects to mention is that he has at least two additional divorces behind him as well as the two he mentions on the show. The mother of his youngest children is allegedly his fourth wife and they split after she alleged abuse and fled with their children to her home country of Canada. Not only that, his third wife allegedly submitted affidavits in their divorce attesting to her own abuse at his hands. The third wife also alleges that he sold drugs and involved his children in that process.

Hopefully Varya gets away from this guy, for her own safety!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2020, 10:36:23 AM »
I do not recall this episode if I watched it, but without seeing the original episode in English I would be careful on judging. So much depends on context, tone, and attitude.
From a Slavic point of view, yes she is doing well to have her own 2 "room" apartment, and he was lucky to be asked to stay rather than stay in a hotel. However........
As a Westerner I would have answered those questions honestly also, ie: no, I did not sleep well unfortunately. Why? well I am not used to sleeping on a couch instead of a bed, and, I am not used to (Russian excuses for) curtains that do not block the northern sunrise time of 0300am. Both true facts.

This is the current show.  He was upset because her "bed" was a pull out couch.  He is overly obsessed with a fear that she is using him for a green card.  Apparently sex was not the problem on their first night together in a Moscow hotel.   :evilgrin0002:

He's just told the lady and her family that some time ago he spend 20 months in prison for dealing drugs.  You could see the lady look and his hands and fingers for tattoos  LOL

The REAL interesting story is the 70 year old guy with a bad hairpiece who has spent over $100,000 in the last 7 years with loveme.com on chatting and presents to a lady he has not yet met.  He went to Ukraine and she stood him up for the third time.  So he rented a car and drove to her home city in an attempt to find her.  When we left he is going to try to visit her at an address he believes to be her home address.

Then you have the 55 year old hag trying to marry the Nigerian rap star "Solja-Boy"

As a 5' guy troll looking guy dating a chick from the slums of the Philippines.  He's asked her to take a vd test.

Oh yes, Darcy is still hanging on with her 3rd relationship and does still cry in every show.       

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2020, 12:32:30 PM »
Their names are Geoffrey and Varya and they are in the latest season that is ongoing right now.

Exactly - logged in to write the names (next episode is on air now).

In this episode Varya & Geoffrey are visiting Varya's mother in Novokuznetsk, and the clever guy hasn't thought about either gift or even flowers  (:)

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2020, 12:37:38 PM »
The REAL interesting story is the 70 year old guy with a bad hairpiece who has spent over $100,000 in the last 7 years with loveme.com on chatting and presents to a lady he has not yet met.  He went to Ukraine and she stood him up for the third time.  So he rented a car and drove to her home city in an attempt to find her.  When we left he is going to try to visit her at an address he believes to be her home address.

70?  :D

"Sunday's episode had David - a 60-year-old computer programmer from Las Vegas - continuing to try to meet up with his Ukrainian girlfriend, 27-year-old Lana. "

https://www.etonline.com/90-day-fiance-a-heartbroken-david-gets-stood-up-by-his-ukrainian-girlfriend-lana-for-the-fifth-time

Offline Olga_Mouse

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2020, 01:05:59 PM »
As a 5' guy troll looking guy dating a chick from the slums of the Philippines.
He's asked her to take a vd test.

When I look at this "couple", can't stop remembering that Star Wars episode with Jabba the Hutt and princess Leia...  (:)

Offline Olga_Mouse

new TLC show 90 day Fiance tv show (Lisa)
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2020, 01:08:43 PM »
Then you have the 55 year old hag trying to marry the Nigerian rap star "Solja-Boy"

Sub-titles on TLC say Lisa is 52...

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
there is a new thread, for this season, with some info already posted
on all of the lucky folks and brief bio on each couple.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Registration