The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I am going to invite some of forum members to check in  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Re: I am going to invite some of forum members to check in
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:40 PM »
Welcome back, Marishka. I hope you post again.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 10:25:10 PM »
I have come back, and do say much more in chat
( even if not there often) then on threads.
Reason, as discussed many times, I really don't need my life under a micro scope
from people are really just AH. I have no intention of posting words
or photos for that reason.
I enjoy the entertainment of it all and If I can help someone bonus.

What?  The constant  :fighting0025: leaves you :sick0012: and  :rolleye0009: and then you feel  >:( and want to  :GRRRR: let it out, but the more you let it out, the more you feel like you are just  :'( ....

I have absolutely no idea what you are saying ....  :saint:

Offline Kimosabe

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »
Hello to all and thanks to Bill for the invitation to check in!
I was in Kiev for Christmas/New Years/Christmas holidays and it was wonderful! The holiday spirit was alive, decorations and festivities everywhere and it was bitter cold.  :)  Stayed until beginning of February, came home then back for the month of March, came home then went to Odessa and Nikolayev for the month of June.  About the 23rd of March, Kiev had a blizzard which shut down the city for days, turned the streets into parking lots and created general havoc. So it was quite a shock to see Nikolayev and Odessa in Spring weather after a long winter in Kiev. My plans are to go to Nikolayev in March 2014 for at least two weeks, maybe more, then who knows... Ukraine is an interesting country, it keeps calling me back. Someday soon I may buy a one way ticket and not come back...

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 01:05:24 AM »
I have absolutely no idea what you are saying ....  :saint:

el guero, I am inviting people from years ago to check in. Why don't you
welcome these people back and don't worry so much if you understand
everything. Some of these invites posted here long before you came here,
so it's understandable if they picked up where they left off.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline MATTYBOY

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 02:17:38 AM »
As Elvis once said when he got up on the stage in 1968, 'it's been a long long time, baby'.  It's been years since I've been to this site.  Sorry.  Life has just been so busy.  Bill sent me an email asking if I'd like to reply to this thread.  So here I am.  I'll have to keep it short and sweet right now:

It's almost 8 years to the very day I first met my wife (must try to dig out the exact date and buy some flowers!) when I was the tender age of 36, and my wife 27.  She was the first and only woman from any FSU country I ever met.  I can remember first seeing her photo and being overwhelmed with the feeling that I was looking at my future wife who I'd spend the rest of my life with.  I just knew it.  I wrote two fantastic very long letters, poured my heart out, sent loads of photos, got on a plane 1 month later, flew out, kept persisting and pestering her (in a nice way), and the rest is history!  We've now been married for 6 and a half years.  We have two children; a son who's just turned 5 and our daughter born in January 2013, just coming up to 10 months old now.  Nowadays my wife is a part-time lecturer at the local college and runs her own small business too.  And life is good.  Another success story.  The boy done well, as they say!  I will check into this site again over the next few days.  Often, I've thought of coming on, and giving words of wisdom.  But, alas, my whirlwind romance, and 30+ flights to Ukraine over an 18-month period, and everything I went through and experienced, all seems like a long long time ago now.  And my memory ain't so good to be honest; making me feel like I'd be of no use to anyone here.  There's also the problem that I tend to become addicted to forums.  And, nowadays, because of my working commitments, that would spell disaster for me. 

My advice to all newbies:  Never Give Up.  Winners Never Give Up.  U.S. boys have a problem with the distance, and I really do sympathize with that.  British boys have no excuse though, with flight times at around 3 hours or so.  So take as many flights as you can and get to know your girl as well as you can (although I am not suggesting 30+ trips like me - I'm just the sort of guy who goes to extremes).  See it as a well-worth 'investment'.  If you don't have the money available to fund such trips, then this isn't for you.
Would've, could,ve, should've are the last words of a fool.

Offline tonton

• RIP
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 04:58:41 AM »
As Elvis once said when he got up on the stage in 1968, 'it's been a long long time, baby'.  It's been years since I've been to this site.  Sorry.  Life has just been so busy.  Bill sent me an email asking if I'd like to reply to this thread.  So here I am.  I'll have to keep it short and sweet right now:

It's almost 8 years to the very day I first met my wife (must try to dig out the exact date and buy some flowers!) when I was the tender age of 36, and my wife 27.  She was the first and only woman from any FSU country I ever met.  I can remember first seeing her photo and being overwhelmed with the feeling that I was looking at my future wife who I'd spend the rest of my life with.  I just knew it.  I wrote two fantastic very long letters, poured my heart out, sent loads of photos, got on a plane 1 month later, flew out, kept persisting and pestering her (in a nice way), and the rest is history!  We've now been married for 6 and a half years.  We have two children; a son who's just turned 5 and our daughter born in January 2013, just coming up to 10 months old now.  Nowadays my wife is a part-time lecturer at the local college and runs her own small business too.  And life is good.  Another success story.  The boy done well, as they say!  I will check into this site again over the next few days.  Often, I've thought of coming on, and giving words of wisdom.  But, alas, my whirlwind romance, and 30+ flights to Ukraine over an 18-month period, and everything I went through and experienced, all seems like a long long time ago now.  And my memory ain't so good to be honest; making me feel like I'd be of no use to anyone here.  There's also the problem that I tend to become addicted to forums.  And, nowadays, because of my working commitments, that would spell disaster for me. 

My advice to all newbies:  Never Give Up.  Winners Never Give Up.  U.S. boys have a problem with the distance, and I really do sympathize with that.  British boys have no excuse though, with flight times at around 3 hours or so.  So take as many flights as you can and get to know your girl as well as you can (although I am not suggesting 30+ trips like me - I'm just the sort of guy who goes to extremes).  See it as a well-worth 'investment'.  If you don't have the money available to fund such trips, then this isn't for you.

Good to see you're still married Matt, long time since seeing you around--the old forum if I remember.

Bill didn't invite me back, you're special! (I'm here randomly anyway).

Near 8 years marriage for me, and what you said is correct. Congrats on the family!
Tony

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 08:43:34 AM »

Nice to see you back Mattty. Its been a while. Congrats on the new addition.  tiphat
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
... Then if the dollar hasn't disintegrated into toilet paper check out living in Ukraine.

Bring gold then.
Gold is down now, but once the inflation really hits that's probably going to be the only way to preserve your wealth. Now it's a good time to buy.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:33 AM »

Bill didn't invite me back, you're special! (I'm here randomly anyway).

You weren't totally AWOL since you post from time to time. I have contacted
hundreds of people so far, and the occasional MIA haven't bleeped on my
radar yet.

Wow, I butchered a few metaphors there didn't I  :laugh:
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline supranatural

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
I received an email last week to drop in and say hi so here I am.  I have not posted much (if at all) in the last few years - like many other long time members here life has gotten busy and this is one of the reasons:

ila_rendered

I in the 6th year of my second marriage to an RW/UW and that photo was our son's 3rd birthday party.  Little Ayrton (yes, named after the great F1 driver) is a handful and takes up all of our free time.  He has been driving for almost 2 years now (started driving electric cars when he was almost 1-1/2 and he powerslides them with abandon and wants ever faster cars).

The marriage is great and despite a couple of RW on this and other forums who predicted doom due to the 20 year age difference and the fact that my wife was Ukranian (I just turned 50 and wife just turned 30) the only issue with the 20 year difference is my wife finds it hard to keep up with me - seriously.  I joke with her that if I'd known she would have trouble keeping up with me I would have married a younger woman.  She keeps very fit, does not want to end up an overweight babushka, so we work out together a lot and keep very active (hiking, biking, rollerblading, snowboarding, big game fishing, travel, etc).  She finally decided she wanted to work and has become a realtor and now jokes that next year she'll make more money than me. 

We've been back a few times to Ukraine (I was sending her back 4 times a year in the beginning but that has tapered off with her job and our son going to pre-school)  the last time in September for her niece's wedding.  Unfortunately I had a broken leg (very bad high speed rollerblading accident - I flipped end over end) and it was not easy to get around with crutches.  I'm amazed at some of the improvements in Ukraine - they had a new mall that had indoor go-karting where I convinced the owner to let me race despite my broken leg. 

Having our son has only cemented our relationship and made it better.  We both agree about 95% on all the major things (children, money and sex) and so we don't have major fights.  We've both learned to work through our fights and make things better and in the end, it isn't an AM/UW relationship, it's a man-woman relationship like any other and requires both parties being willing to work at the relationship.  I can honestly say that our marriage gets better every day and I'm proud of how she's matured - there is a huge difference between her at age 24 (when we met) and the mature beautiful woman she is now. 

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 12:07:50 PM »
I received an email last week to drop in and say hi so here I am.  I have not posted much (if at all) in the last few years - like many other long time members here life has gotten busy and this is one of the reasons:

(Attachment Link)

I in the 6th year of my second marriage to an RW/UW and that photo was our son's 3rd birthday party.  Little Ayrton (yes, named after the great F1 driver) is a handful and takes up all of our free time.  He has been driving for almost 2 years now (started driving electric cars when he was almost 1-1/2 and he powerslides them with abandon and wants ever faster cars).

The marriage is great and despite a couple of RW on this and other forums who predicted doom due to the 20 year age difference and the fact that my wife was Ukranian (I just turned 50 and wife just turned 30) the only issue with the 20 year difference is my wife finds it hard to keep up with me - seriously.  I joke with her that if I'd known she would have trouble keeping up with me I would have married a younger woman.  She keeps very fit, does not want to end up an overweight babushka, so we work out together a lot and keep very active (hiking, biking, rollerblading, snowboarding, big game fishing, travel, etc).  She finally decided she wanted to work and has become a realtor and now jokes that next year she'll make more money than me. 

We've been back a few times to Ukraine (I was sending her back 4 times a year in the beginning but that has tapered off with her job and our son going to pre-school)  the last time in September for her niece's wedding.  Unfortunately I had a broken leg (very bad high speed rollerblading accident - I flipped end over end) and it was not easy to get around with crutches.  I'm amazed at some of the improvements in Ukraine - they had a new mall that had indoor go-karting where I convinced the owner to let me race despite my broken leg. 

Having our son has only cemented our relationship and made it better.  We both agree about 95% on all the major things (children, money and sex) and so we don't have major fights.  We've both learned to work through our fights and make things better and in the end, it isn't an AM/UW relationship, it's a man-woman relationship like any other and requires both parties being willing to work at the relationship.  I can honestly say that our marriage gets better every day and I'm proud of how she's matured - there is a huge difference between her at age 24 (when we met) and the mature beautiful woman she is now.
Very nice post, Supra! Glad everything is working out so well for you. I too met my wife when she was 24 (I was 44) so the same age difference and prolly similar relationship dynamic. It can work but all depends on the people involved.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »
Bill invited me to stop by with an update as I am one of the original guys from waaaay  back.

Hey bgreed nice to see you check in

Udachi !

Bill

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
The marriage is great

Hey supranatural great to hear

thanks for checking in. Feel free to chime in on any
of the topics as well.

Udachi !

Bill

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 07:32:34 PM »
Wow. It's been a long while since I wrote here last. Thanks for inviting me back :-)
Since then life happened, got busy with kids, etc. So far 14 years together and still going.  :-*

marishka thanks for checking in! 14 years that's inspirational for the rest of us.

We have quite a number of poll questions scattered around the forum.
It would be interesting to know your opinion on several of them.

Women Poll on what they seek in a husband
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=12463.0

Men Poll on what they seek in a wife
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=6068.0

Where should you search for a wife?
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=13005.0

When should you bring up the topic of SEX
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=15419.0

What are the Biggest Myths regarding FSUW
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=8883.0

How many children would (or did) you consider
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=9286.0

How did you get started in searching for a foreign girl?
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=10039.0

Are you brave enough to do this? or are you a keyboard Romeo?
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=5775.0

Whats your nationality? the forum demographic poll
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=3169.0

Udachi !

Bill

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 07:50:13 PM »
Hello to all and thanks to Bill for the invitation to check in!

Hey Kimosabe, I am tempted to ask you for a trip report but I remember that you
like your privacy. Maybe you can start a thread in the TR section and post some
photos of the places, landmarks, sights etc. It might be interesting for the guys
that haven't gotten on a plane yet and for guys like me who enjoy such things.

Udachi !

Bill

Offline BCKev

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
Hi All

I joined this forum shortly after it started, and a few months before I met my wife. Arina and I celebrated our five year wedding anniversary this spring. Our relationship keeps getting better.

Our recent news is my stepdaughter has started post-secondary school. We're very proud of her. When she came to Canada, she didn't speak english and now she is fluent. Graduated from high school and now furthering her education.

BCKev

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2013, 09:36:43 PM »
 Hey would be great if you completed that TR from years ago!  Here's the link.....

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=757.0

Offline BCKev

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »
Hey would be great if you completed that TR from years ago!  Here's the link.....

Don't know if I will find the time to finish writing the story. Guess I started writing it, then got side tracked with life and never got back to it. Its all history now, it was over 6 years ago that I took the trip when I met Arina.

Hope all is going well with you, Alena and the little one.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2013, 11:06:55 PM »

Don't know if I will find the time to finish writing the story. Guess I started writing it, then got side tracked with life and never got back to it. Its all history now, it was over 6 years ago that I took the trip when I met Arina.

Hope all is going well with you, Alena and the little one.

Maybe you could do a cliff notes type finish.

We met, we fell in love, we met again, hugs and kisses and we lived happily
so far ever after.

Offline RichyRich

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2013, 06:08:48 AM »
I'm in a mundane relationship with a Ukrainian... should've stayed with Russian women :hidechair: when I go back to Moscow, we'll see :P

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2013, 06:44:38 AM »
I'm in a mundane relationship with a Ukrainian... should've stayed with Russian women :hidechair: when I go back to Moscow, we'll see :P

Mundane has advantages.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2013, 09:33:36 AM »

Mundane has advantages.
As well as disadvantages... depends on the person's goal, doesn't it?

Offline RichyRich

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 05:54:50 AM »
Mundane has advantages.
Such as? I'm bored as hell and it's only about sex now which frankly is terrible.
As well as disadvantages... depends on the person's goal, doesn't it?
Many disadvantages :chuckle:

Offline djfourmoney

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2013, 12:27:33 AM »
 Still around, focusing on my blog(s), DJ'ing and South America (research). Relocating and search for wife down there.

Why? While its possible I could find somebody in FSU, because of financial issues the upfront cost are just too high at the moment. I just can't afford to uproot somebody and then pay for all the things she'll need. In Latin America, its cheaper and the weather is certainly better. I've made a few trips and have a few friendships down there. Its possible I could be in one of Rio's largest favela that's slowly being rehabilitated into clear, working class housing area. A guy I know (used to live in America and fellow DJ) is teaching favela kids how to rock the one's and two's and he's looking for others to help him.

Looking forward to working with children with something I really enjoy doing.

Its possible I may find somebody in FSU but I haven't put my plan in motion yet. I've had budget setbacks and finally getting back on track.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
As of today I am a married man to the best lady...was a long journey but well worth the time! tiphat