The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I am going to invite some of forum members to check in  (Read 8058 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
I am going to invite some of forum members to check in
« on: November 03, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »
We have a lot of forum members that come and go. I thought it would be
nice to ask them to check in from their busy lives and update us on what
they've been up to.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Luftmeister

• I have abandoned my search.
  • Spouses Country: n/a
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: I am going to invite some of forum members to check in
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 10:18:56 PM »
I have a trip planned for the 17th, heading to Kharkov. I  have 5 confirmed meetings, working on plan B just in case.

Do not try to convince your mind of something which your heart knows is a lie.

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »
Nice Avatar, Luftmeister!

I would assume that it is not the 'Catching Fire' logo but instead represents the Firebird of Pushkin legacy.

A friend of mine, much smarter than me, recommended I read as much Pushkin as I could get my hands on to understand the Russian culture.  It proved to be a great boon.

As to your inquiry, TTB, I will be in Moskva later this month.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
Perhaps we could have a thread for those who travel to Russia/Belarus/Ukraine or for the more extreme persistent posters, Pluto or Venus. This can be a platform to share there travel plans and itinerary's.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 08:04:48 AM »
Went to Kazakhstan in Aug/Sept to meet one lady and ultimately things didn't work out but organised to meet others on the hop at the last minute and hit it off with one of them immediately.  In touch everyday and planning to meet for NYE. This ethnic Kazakh girl is so far head and shoulders above the Slavic girls I have dated previously (in terms of being sincere, genuine & credible) ... now that could make an interesting thread topic  ;D

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 08:10:59 AM »
 :coffeeread:

Yes, it would

Offline Larry

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:27:06 AM »
they've been up to.

That would be good.  Some members post their stories and then seem to drop off the forum. From time to time one will drop by the chatroom and provide an update on their lives, but for the most part we don't hear from them again.

This ethnic Kazakh girl is so far head and shoulders above the Slavic girls I have dated previously (in terms of being sincere, genuine & credible) ... now that could make an interesting thread topic  ;D

Isthmus, that does sound like it might be an interesting thread topic.  Why don't you give it a go?

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 11:02:37 AM »
I have come back, and do say much more in chat
( even if not there often) then on threads.
Reason, as discussed many times, I really don't need my life under a micro scope
from people are really just AH. I have no intention of posting words
or photos for that reason.
I enjoy the entertainment of it all and If I can help someone bonus.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »

As to your inquiry, TTB, I will be in Moskva later this month.

Barbossa, excellent  :nod:

I am also going back in the archives and send PM's to some of the members
who posted then kind of faded away to see what they are doing these days
and ask them to check in and say hello.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 12:50:37 PM »
Unmarried Partner Visa, not been to Russia since 2004 and no intention, lets face it, why would you?

I am a Russophile, don't get me wrong, but there is no incentive to go, visa nightmare, miserable customer service, shit weather, even Spain is better.....

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 01:32:41 PM »
I have come back, and do say much more in chat
( even if not there often) then on threads.
Reason, as discussed many times, I really don't need my life under a micro scope
from people are really just AH. I have no intention of posting words
or photos for that reason.
I enjoy the entertainment of it all and If I can help someone bonus.

I would just like to say--Welcome back!  I for one have very much enjoyed reading your posts.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Witz1

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 02:36:22 PM »
Here is the epitaph to the saga I started on the taxi fare. I told the lady that I was uncomfortable fronting $400 before we met simply because anything can happen.  I told her I would be happy to book her train or even pay the cab driver (if she was insistent on that route) when she arrived in Kiev.  I have heard nothing since so she is history.

I booked my flight, hotel, and time off from work anyway so I have decided to go on and enjoy the holiday in Kiev without a real agenda.  I will just see where fate takes me on this trip.  I shall certainly report back afterwards and I appreciate the input and thoughts of all you guys on this forum.

J

Offline Anteros

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »
Here is the epitaph to the saga I started on the taxi fare. I told the lady that I was uncomfortable fronting $400 before we met simply because anything can happen.  I told her I would be happy to book her train or even pay the cab driver (if she was insistent on that route) when she arrived in Kiev.  I have heard nothing since so she is history.

I booked my flight, hotel, and time off from work anyway so I have decided to go on and enjoy the holiday in Kiev without a real agenda.  I will just see where fate takes me on this trip.  I shall certainly report back afterwards and I appreciate the input and thoughts of all you guys on this forum.

J

I think the forum helped to save you from wasting both time and money on the wrong woman.  There are thousands more who are good women.  I suggest you try Elenas Models to possibly line up some dates.

Here is a link for an interpreter and guide who somebody else used and recommended.  Dogsoldier and Vinny can probably give you some more.

http://www.ace-interpreter.com/
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Larry

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 02:55:51 PM »

That was to be expected. :(

Have fun on your trip.  I suggest that you begin immediately to find some girls online, perhaps in Kiev or perhaps even in another city.  If you find a number of girls you would like to meet in, say, Lvov, it's a fairly short trip there by train and a very short trip by plane.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:13 PM »

J

I think the forum helped to save you from wasting both time and money on the wrong woman.  There are thousands more who are good women.  I suggest you try Elenas Models to possibly line up some dates.

Here is a link for an interpreter and guide who somebody else used and recommended.  Dogsoldier and Vinny can probably give you some more.

http://www.ace-interpreter.com/

I only ever used an interpreter the once.

Offline AJ

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »

That was to be expected. :(

Have fun on your trip.  I suggest that you begin immediately to find some girls online, perhaps in Kiev or perhaps even in another city.  If you find a number of girls you would like to meet in, say, Lvov, it's a fairly short trip there by train and a very short trip by plane.

x2

Look in any city - look for a woman that interests you , (hopefully one interested in you) not the location.
Most any city in Ukraine is a reasonable train ride,bus ride, or flight from kiev.
 Many trains to most large cities can be booked with over night transit times, 
so get the whole cabin (it is not expensive) and sleep. You do not lose much time.
Or arrange for them to come visit you in  Kiev. I'd advise to visit in her home city though.
Good luck. 

Offline AJ

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 05:12:23 PM »
they've been up to.

Happily married,  and after a couple of years, still getting down and  dirty!
 :-X

and not how you were  thinking Larry!

A large portion of my happiness is from  marrying an alien.
I wish everyone the same level of happiness in their lives and relationships.

Udachi!©

( I know it's your copyright Bill, just had to use it,hopefully we can settle amicably about the  infringement and no IP attorneys need to be involved)

Offline Larry

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 05:18:04 PM »

Me?  :innocent:

AJ, Congratulations to you and your lovely wife!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:20 PM »

Me?  :innocent:

AJ, Congratulations to you and your lovely wife!

+Infinity
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 07:28:39 PM »
Hi all

Not much going on with me. I am planning on retiring in the spring of '15. Then if the dollar hasn't disintegrated into toilet paper check out living in Ukraine.  May not be possible. May not like it there but I plan on giving it a try.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
Hi all

Not much going on with me. I am planning on retiring in the spring of '15. Then if the dollar hasn't disintegrated into toilet paper check out living in Ukraine.  May not be possible. May not like it there but I plan on giving it a try.

Hey Maxx thanks for checking in, feel free to start a thread about your journey ahead.

Udachi !

Bill

Offline MrMann

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 03:58:37 AM »
Unmarried Partner Visa, not been to Russia since 2004 and no intention, lets face it, why would you?

I am a Russophile, don't get me wrong, but there is no incentive to go, visa nightmare, miserable customer service, shit weather, even Spain is better.....

It's changed a lot since then. The customer service is still largely bad by British standards, but getting better in some places.

We're heading to Moscow for New Year / Russian Christmas, I love the weather at that time of year :)

Offline bgreed

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:28 AM »
Bill invited me to stop by with an update as I am one of the original guys from waaaay  back. First one to get married after the site started and the first one to have a child. Well Lena did that but you get the idea. :biggrin: Thay baby is now a six year old with a million questions :rolleye0009: Artem my son who is from Lenas first marriage is now 14 much taller than his mom played his first year of American football ( defensive center) now is wrestling. No small kid at 200lbs of muscle. None of even the more experieced kids wjat to wtestle him because they'te afraid so he has to wrestle the coach :ROFL:

As some of you know our path has not been an easy on frought with many problems, conflicts and even separation. However things are looking better and a reconciliation may be on its way. Like is full of twisys amd turns ups and downs. But in the end can have huge rewards if your willing to work for them.

Offline TomT

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, 09:50:46 AM »
... Then if the dollar hasn't disintegrated into toilet paper check out living in Ukraine.

Bring gold then.

Offline marishka

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »
Wow. It's been a long while since I wrote here last. Thanks for inviting me back :-)
Since then life happened, got busy with kids, etc. So far 14 years together and still going.  :-*