The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My Trainwreck Story  (Read 17080 times)

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: My Trainwreck Story
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
" Most dogs are better than most people "

There's a reason why it's said that a dog is a mans best friend.

bluesman,

Sorry to read what happened to you.

Don't try and figure out why she did what she did,it'll drive you nuts..seriously.

People are people..they do what they do,,you can never really know what someone else is thinking.

"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2013, 07:13:26 PM »
bluesman,

This question got lost in the shuffle:

how many of your three visits were spent in her hometown?

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2013, 07:28:25 PM »
bluesman, stop trying to figure it all out. There is no point.

He just wants to know WHY?

A common mistake men make regarding relationships...why why why why...we drive ourselves crazy asking the question...we are logical..we need answers.  It is pointless and like Vinny pointed out ...there is actually no point in finding out.

Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline bluesman

• Spouses Country: US
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
bluesman,

None, Thanks guys im feeling alot  better. We stayed at her apartment but not her hometown. I know thats a flag but we had good times originally. She just morphed into this more recently and im not sure if it was the mask coming off or if its the change or both. I appreciate the support from everyone and hope I can write about something happy one day here.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2013, 09:02:07 PM »
bluesman,

None, Thanks guys im feeling alot  better. We stayed at her apartment but not her hometown. I know thats a flag but we had good times originally. She just morphed into this more recently and im not sure if it was the mask coming off or if its the change or both. I appreciate the support from everyone and hope I can write about something happy one day here.

You can.  There is a saying in the aviation community..."There is nothing more useless than the runway behind you"

Step 1 - Put her behind you.
Step 2 - Land on your feet..
Step 3 - Gas up and take off again...

tiphat
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline ozybob

• Spouses Country: UKRAINE/AUSTRALIA
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2013, 09:35:47 PM »
bluesman ,

take all the good advice mate and move on ,
as others above have said , ''there is no why ''

you might spend countless hours of your time , trying to nut out ''why ''she did this or that , complete waste of time  , the only one you can control and come to terms with is you ?

all you need to focus on is your own conduct & possibly what you learned from it about yourself , if your happy with all you did etc ,

BOB

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2013, 01:27:49 AM »
bluesman, stop trying to figure it all out. There is no point.

He just wants to know WHY?

A common mistake men make regarding relationships...why why why why...we drive ourselves crazy asking the question...we are logical..we need answers.  It is pointless and like Vinny pointed out ...there is actually no point in finding out.
+1
Absolutely, we try to understand rather than to focus on our daily life, we retire themselves from all to think, to rationalize about like searching a big secret, like if all our life depended of the answer ....  :'(

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »
But they don't usually use the trick claiming they are pregnant with another man's child.

maybe the guy was just blinded and did not want to understand that the girl is so telling him not? because we are not accustomed to be rude guests. how can you tell about it differently? She found a way out. said that the pregnant woman from the other in the hope that the guy will leave her first.

this trick also used for separation.

Interestingly, I met a Swiss chap who had his heart and part of his bank stolen by a Ukrainian lass. Her get out was that she'd met up with her ex and became pregnant....

Perhaps this is a method used by some women wanting to sever connections, knowing it cuts the guy deep?

Registration