The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Do you think that Anastasia Date can make www.anastasiadatefraud.com closed with court order?

Anastasia Date win and www.anastasiadatefraud.com is closed very soon.
8 (36.4%)
I don't know... depends on the rabbits.
7 (31.8%)
No.
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: October 25, 2013, 06:49:44 PM

Author Topic: Anastasia started the court against EM Online (Elenasmodels) and me.  (Read 14530 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Anastasia started the court against EM Online (Elenasmodels) and me.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 11:13:30 AM »

From the Lawsuit Summary:

"Plaintiff offers an international dating service which, for a fee, matches men in the United States with women located in Russia and the Ukraine. New York is a significant source of Anastasia's customers," the complaint states.
     "Elena's Models is a direct competitor of Anastasia. It operates the elenasmodels.com website and competes for the same potential customers as Anastasia in the United States.
     "Upon information and belief, Elena's Models operates or sponsors websites entitled 'anastasiadatefraud.com' and 'ruadventures.com.' Both of these websites disguise the identity of their owners by using a proxy service. However, they direct customers to the elenasmodels.com website. These websites accuse Anastasiadate of systematically perpetuating scams and fraudulent deceptions upon its customers, and then recommend that the customers use Elena's Models, which allegedly does not follow these practices.

Andrew is trying to argue that ADate is right and the OP is wrong.  Perhaps Andrew would also like to write that the entire forum is also wrong.

If we are going down this line of thought, then perhaps Andrew would like to Opine that RUAdventures disguises its ownership and is really run by Elena's Models.

(:)
Was RUA also named in this suite???

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 11:14:29 AM »

From the Lawsuit Summary:

"Plaintiff offers an international dating service which, for a fee, matches men in the United States with women located in Russia and the Ukraine. New York is a significant source of Anastasia's customers," the complaint states.
     "Elena's Models is a direct competitor of Anastasia. It operates the elenasmodels.com website and competes for the same potential customers as Anastasia in the United States.
     "Upon information and belief, Elena's Models operates or sponsors websites entitled 'anastasiadatefraud.com' and 'ruadventures.com.' Both of these websites disguise the identity of their owners by using a proxy service. However, they direct customers to the elenasmodels.com website. These websites accuse Anastasiadate of systematically perpetuating scams and fraudulent deceptions upon its customers, and then recommend that the customers use Elena's Models, which allegedly does not follow these practices.

Andrew is trying to argue that ADate is right and the OP is wrong.  Perhaps Andrew would also like to write that the entire forum is also wrong.

If we are going down this line of thought, then perhaps Andrew would like to Opine that RUAdventures disguises its ownership and is really run by Elena's Models.

(:)
Was RUA also named in this suite???

You can read?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Barbossa

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 11:15:09 AM »
"Too Dumb for Independent Living" was in the first sentence of your first response.  Oh magnanimous one who challenged us on another thread two days ago to (ever) find you insulting a newbie.   Here, not more than two days later, you are once again showing your true colors.

Insults flow from your lips like water from Niagara Falls, Andrew.

Offline Halo

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »
Halo, that is what will be discussed during the legal process, yes? Of course during that process the webmaster will probably decide that there is no benefit in continuing, the site will go dark and one of the objectives of starting the legal process will have been achieved.

If the OP has a lawyer, yes.  If not, he can consider pointing this out as free legal advice.

The OP need not hire a lawyer, and as the litigation is in the U.S., which has a strong protection of freedom of speech, it is not likely the site will be shut down.   
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
I suspect ADate's reaction is a SLAPP lawsuit.  It is intended to silence the OP.

I agree with Halo about this.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 12:04:44 PM »
I suspect ADate's reaction is a SLAPP lawsuit.  It is intended to silence the OP.

I agree with Larry about this.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 12:25:09 PM »

I agree with Larry about this.
I agree with Vinny about this.

Offline TomT

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 12:38:09 PM »
I disagree with the lot of you. I think that AD cares deeply about the happiness of its clients.  :laugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »
He is not advertising another site commercially.  His site does exactly what this forum and another forum do, which is to advise posters not to use ADate, but rather, to use EM, or mamba, or vk, etc..  He just happened to crow about another site he likely used.

To be correct, the forum doesn't advise anyone on what site to use; the forum is neutral in that regard. Rather, the users advise each other based on their own opinions, which vary. We merely host those opinions. We do not assume responsibility for what users post as content is not vetted for accuracy before publication; in fact, our TOS requires members to agree that they take personal responsibility for their own posts in order to participate.

I know you know that Halo, I merely wanted to clarify that for passing readers.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline anastasiadatefraud

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2013, 01:01:57 PM »
First I must say thank you Barbossa. Even few nice words feels good after this.
I know that the happened is mostly my own fault. I could not doubt enough ...  I should not have trust or believe in anything or anyone "Too Dumb for Independent Living" ... andrewfi I really hope that you can live your life without trust anyone.
I get 18 letters from this girl ... I chat with her hours ... and was so dumb that believed her. Orginal photo of card was 1.26 Mb...

I don't have lawyer... it cost money. So let we see how this ends... Maybe Anastasiadate can get my site out of web... but can they win at the end?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »
Oh my goodness!

So here is my story...
She was not she at all!

The getting of wisdom can be expensive.

. . .  I decided to reject all doubts ...
. . . All seemed to go well ...

Do you do this in normal daily life?

I was infatuated. I decided to send this "Galina" one Mastercard.
I did so and I sent a new card "sister" address.

I have a bridge for sale, interested?

We spoke to dozens of hours on the phone and I sent her money.
I was happy.

Three times? Well you were happy?

More than a month later I received a message on facebook ... It was from Galina.
Part of message "The girl with whom you talked on the phone, it was not me."

Well at least she was honest with you.

So, Galina was the first place someone else ... and I chatted with a real Galina only twice (April 18, 2012).
In my view, the site did not offer safety at all. I did not get any warning, even the site was aware of the situation.

Common Sense is not your strong suit?

I am sorry for what happened, honest women in Ukraine and Russia would not have behaved towards you in the way of what happened. But do you not realize that your own naivety has contributed to your experience.

After this, I had two women ... Both said they loved me.  ??? I was trying to figure out whom I was in love with ... this take over 6 month and finally I find out that they want only money  :(

This "love story" came to pay me thousands of euros. And can I never again trust anyone ...

just pathetic...

I assume you paid thousand of Euro's - what I do not understand you are in fact from Europe, perhaps Benelux or the Iberian peninsula?

Curious how many lottery tickets do you purchase in a week? Seriously you went back again?

Sorry I know I sound harsh but you do not have the common sense or intelligence for a cross cultural relationship. Normally I will give suggestions to a newbie - but your tale is a new low point. You have shown such a complete disregard to the faculties that the Lord gave you, that your teachers tried to teach and I assume your parents tried to instill in you. The problem you can not go to the above for a refund. And I tend to doubt based on your actions that Anastasia will offer any refund.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2013, 03:20:51 PM »
Halo, what will happen is this:
Adate will get whatever info they can. Having done that they will raise a case with ICANN in respect of trademark infringment. There will be an exchange of documents. An adjudicator will consider the case based upon the documentation from both sides in the context of the established
 guidelines and regulations.

If the adjudicator finds in favour of the funky Finn then he gets to keep the domain name. If the matter goes the other way he loses the domain name. and the site goes dark.

You are right IN PART about court jurisdiction. His hosting firm can, if based in the same jurisdiction be required to enforce a court ruling.

This does not require a lawyer. I suggested the guy consult a lawyer to reduce his propensity to unpleasant surprises. A lawyer can be very handy in preparing the ICANN documentation.

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
I love this forum.  Only here can an Attorney be taught the law by someone who thinks they know it.  I'm sure, Andy, that you were able to ascertain all of this information from your wealth of trial experience. 

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
Having just lost a discrimination lawsuit, I warn you.

Thinking you can out perform Anastasia's lawyer's is ignorance at best, plain stubborn, and will cost you a lot more than a measly $3,000.

You got off lucky - $3,000 between two scammers who had your credit cards?  You got off dirt cheap.

See if you can patch your problems with Anastasia before this costs you another $20,000 .....

wayne

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »
I love this forum.  Only here can an Attorney be taught the law by someone who thinks they know it.  I'm sure, Andy, that you were able to ascertain all of this information from your wealth of trial experience.

It is my business to know this stuff, just as in your taxi driving business it is your responsibility to know how to find street addresses.

Offline Boris

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 04:24:16 PM »
Why in the f**k would a girl have a picture with her holding a f**king Mastercard?  You bozos are starting to wear me out. It is really not hard to meet a great Russian woman. Blah!!! Or as my wife would say, Fooooo!!!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
Why in the f**k would a girl have a picture with her holding a f**king Mastercard?  You bozos are starting to wear me out. It is really not hard to meet a great Russian woman. Blah!!! Or as my wife would say, Fooooo!!!!

As we see here, it is certainly true that some people make it much harder than it needs to be.

Offline Boris

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 04:36:54 PM »

As we see here, it is certainly true that some people make it much harder than it needs to be.
Very true...If I would have even suggested such a stunt my wife would have been very offended and I never would have heard from her again...And if this is her way of "proving" who she is you should run...FAST!...No good Russian woman would ever accept this or do this....

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2013, 05:22:30 PM »
andrewfi  I have news to you... EM online is not part of this court case anymore ... "On August 16, 2013, Defendant EM Online Pty LTD ("EM Online") moved to dismiss the Complaint for failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted. (ECF No. 33.) For the reasons stated below, EM Online's Motion to Dismiss is GRANTED." and "For the aforementioned reasons, defendant EM Online's motion to dismiss pursuant to Rule 12(b)(6) is GRANTED. The Clerk of Court is directed to close the Motion at ECF No. 33. The Court further awards reasonable attorneys' fees and costs to EM Online."

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
andrewfi  I have news to you... EM online is not part of this court case anymore ... "On August 16, 2013, Defendant EM Online Pty LTD ("EM Online") moved to dismiss the Complaint for failure to state a claim upon which relief can be granted. (ECF No. 33.) For the reasons stated below, EM Online's Motion to Dismiss is GRANTED." and "For the aforementioned reasons, defendant EM Online's motion to dismiss pursuant to Rule 12(b)(6) is GRANTED. The Clerk of Court is directed to close the Motion at ECF No. 33. The Court further awards reasonable attorneys' fees and costs to EM Online."

So who are remainaing involved in this case now? Only you and Adate?
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 06:04:31 PM »
I disagree with the lot of you. I think that AD cares deeply about the happiness of its clients.  :laugh:

I now agree with Tom and disagree with Halo, Larry and Ed. I'm fickle, nice to meet you all.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »

So who are remainaing involved in this case now? Only you and Adate?
Yes only me and Anastasiadate :) ... and in hat is few more rabbits :) :) :)

Offline Manny

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
and in hat is few more rabbits :) :) :)

You need more than some rabbits.

Large IMB's have a precedent for taking down incoherent protest sites. Especially ones that used their names in domains and file extensions.

You chose to spend that money. You chose to send a woman a credit card.

How can you blame Adate for your choices
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »
ADF

While I suspect you are in fact based from Europe and therefore have some what stronger protections. I wonder what do you think you will gain?

I understand to a degree what happened to you - it also occurred in my life.*

You own allot of this mess. Sorry my opinion has not changed.

It would be great if you turned this mess around and became a positive poster to RUA.

Kindly, Av

* When I was a teenager.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »

I now agree with Tom and disagree with Halo, Larry and Ed. I'm fickle, nice to meet you all.  :thumbsup:
We are going to have to agree to agree, Vinn because we simply can't and won't disagree to not agree. Do you see my point?