The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Evidence of the True Anastasia Date Business Model  (Read 12398 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Evidence of the True Anastasia Date Business Model
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 02:11:34 AM »
You'll note by their almost sequential numbers.  I did nothing to alter or select women.

There are big gaps in the ID numbers. Do you have a theory for that?

I think his real theory is that he can pester Gregory into giving him credits for past "relationships" which did not work out, and in this way continue to use Anastasia Date's services for free forever.

He has boasted of having done this in the past.

In general here's a thing to understand. The chances of success at finding a foreign bride are slim. Unless one is realistic, honest and focused then no matter which intermediary is used failure will be the inevitable outcome.
Thus, Adate, if used intelligently and in the context of realistic, honest and focused can be a useful route to success.

In my opinion the business is set up to serve the majority of clients who are NOT realistic, NOT honest and NOT focused. That majority includes active posters on this and similar threads.

To that end I believe that Adate run a business where management and staff wish to see happy clients and firm relationships but they understand that these can only be a very small part of the possible outcomes. I also believe that they would like to see more success stories and, in part, that is why Adate reached out to this community.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 02:48:25 AM »
You'll note by their almost sequential numbers.  I did nothing to alter or select women.

There are big gaps in the ID numbers. Do you have a theory for that?

I think his real theory is that he can pester Gregory into giving him credits for past "relationships" which did not work out, and in this way continue to use Anastasia Date's services for free forever.

He has boasted of having done this in the past.

In general here's a thing to understand. The chances of success at finding a foreign bride are slim. Unless one is realistic, honest and focused then no matter which intermediary is used failure will be the inevitable outcome.
Thus, Adate, if used intelligently and in the context of realistic, honest and focused can be a useful route to success.

In my opinion the business is set up to serve the majority of clients who are NOT realistic, NOT honest and NOT focused. That majority includes active posters on this and similar threads.

To that end I believe that Adate run a business where management and staff wish to see happy clients and firm relationships but they understand that these can only be a very small part of the possible outcomes. I also believe that they would like to see more success stories and, in part, that is why Adate reached out to this community.

Andrew sums of the realities fairly accurately. Not really sure if Barbossa asked or just received the "credits" but in fact it does not matter.

As I see the bigger picture, do we (RUA) using "common sense" I understand not Andrew's favourite view point have a or any obligation to warm or inform some who wants to consider the risks and pitfalls of this adventure of what a likely dead end ADate will be?

Should we remain silent and say sucker or should we have placards stating what should be obvious for the "common sense challenged population"?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 03:53:41 AM »
I rather doubt that Adate is a dead end, no more than any other site, service or intermediary. The dead end is not using a site correctly: honesty, realism and focus sums it up.

We tell folks this one way or another all the time.

If folks choose to go down the Barbossa route then they will have as much success as he. Until one is honest with oneself then all else fails. He can use that site until his last breath and not succeed, but then he would be no more successful with any other route.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2013, 04:07:23 AM »
I rather doubt that Adate is a dead end, no more than any other site, service or intermediary. The dead end is not using a site correctly: honesty, realism and focus sums it up.

We tell folks this one way or another all the time.

If folks choose to go down the Barbossa route then they will have as much success as he. Until one is honest with oneself then all else fails. He can use that site until his last breath and not succeed, but then he would be no more successful with any other route.

Your asesment in harsh but based in reality

I did not say that ADate is a dead end. The reality is that the vast majority can not see the reality, or perhaps they refuse to evaluate the odds.

Some here and there will have success despite there best efforts others will be banished to MOB or forum purgatory.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2013, 04:47:59 AM »
Actually did refer to Adate as a likely dead end.

Anyway, on a more positive note I am giving some thought to writing a guide to using Adate and similar sites. Not a prejudiced 'don't do it but if you must then rip them off' sort of a thing but rather a practical document about how to avoid pitfalls and maximise the genuine benefits of such sites. I have some other training materials to prepare first so in about a month. :)

Thanks for the idea!

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »
If anyone is interested I wrote a similar guide some time back.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2013, 09:05:31 AM »

Looks like you have a best seller on your hands there vinny  :thumbsup:  I don't suppose there will be a sequel will there  :laugh:
Слава Україні

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 09:11:02 AM »
But not so useful for real people interacting with Adate and similar sites.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 09:26:26 AM »

Looks like you have a best seller on your hands there vinny  :thumbsup:  I don't suppose there will be a sequel will there  :laugh:

Thanks Chris.  :thumbsup:

I spent a number of months researching it, interviewing all the relevant stakeholders etc and I believe my hard work was justified.

Part II is under consideration though I except due to time constraints it will be shorter.

Offline Chris

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »

I spent a number of months researching it, interviewing all the relevant stakeholders etc and I believe my hard work was justified.

Part II in under consideration though I except due to time constraints it will be shorter.

Well I'm glad to hear the next one will be much shorter, makes it much easier to maintain attention levels, and at least it will be a lot easier than maintaining interest created by the contents of this thread anyway and others of a similar ilk!  :)

Слава Україні

Offline Ladine

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2013, 09:54:54 AM »
ADate this is a long dirty rags. It's time to send in the trash
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Offline Phelan

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2013, 07:22:12 PM »

Part II is under consideration though I except due to time constraints it will be shorter.

This is classic! Now, thanks to you, I have to have my abdominal hernia re-stitched ... :laugh:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »

This is classic! Now, thanks to you, I have to have my abdominal hernia re-stitched ... :laugh:
Vinn, I hope you are carrying good liability insurance? Seems you can cause physical damage to people even from across the ocean  :nod:

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2013, 08:16:55 PM »

Perhaps it is a time when you must send email out to FSUW asking to help you with translation of a new word.
By the way do not forget to remind Phelan how it is inappropriate to use Russian when he is well capable of expressing himself in English.
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2013, 11:40:25 AM »

Perhaps it is a time when you must send email out to FSUW asking to help you with translation of a new word.
By the way do not forget to remind Phelan how it is inappropriate to use Russian when he is well capable of expressing himself in English.

Hernia is Russian?  I always thought it was a protrusion of an organ or the fascia of an organ through the wall of the cavity that normally contains it.  Quite painful too.  I personally will avoid using the word as it is not nice even in English :)
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Chris

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2013, 11:43:39 AM »

Hernia is Russian?

I always thought it derived from hiatus hernia ? which was used in Middle Ages English, probably with Latin routes.
Слава Україні

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2013, 06:16:09 AM »
Today started seeing street ads today for adate , advertising for agencies again in odessa  http://www.anastasiasagency.com/   

It is in 2 languages ,english and russian , But the english text version is not the same as the russian version

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2013, 07:47:12 AM »
Today started seeing street ads today for adate , advertising for agencies again in odessa  http://www.anastasiasagency.com/   

It is in 2 languages ,english and russian , But the english text version is not the same as the russian version
yes, on the Russian flyer it also says: "Your financial independence is our priority!" and then the same thing in small print in Ukrainian.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2013, 07:50:17 AM »

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:26 AM »
Ed, the site being promoted is about recruitment of affiliate agencies and thus the wording is entirely sensible. If the URL was to their signup site for women (http://www.svadba.com/) then the wording would be entirely inappropriate.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2013, 08:41:52 AM »
Ed, the site being promoted is about recruitment of affiliate agencies and thus the wording is entirely sensible. If the URL was to their signup site for women (http://www.svadba.com/) then the wording would be entirely inappropriate.
I agree.
Andrew, do you believe the girls in Ukraine do get paid for video chats and dates, or not?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 08:50:32 AM »
I agree.
Andrew, do you believe the girls in Ukraine do get paid for video chats and dates, or not?

I know that some girls get paid by some affiliate agencies. I have never suggested differently.

If the translation of the page I linked to was as I initially thought, before your expert correction, then that would have suggested something different and as a result have led me to change my understanding of the situation. Now my understanding is as it has been for almost a decade - ever since I first raised it as an issue.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 09:03:14 AM »
I agree.

I know that some girls get paid by some affiliate agencies. I have never suggested differently.

If the translation of the page I linked to was as I initially thought, before your expert correction, then that would have suggested something different and as a result have led me to change my understanding of the situation. Now my understanding is as it has been for almost a decade - ever since I first raised it as an issue.
Thanks, I was just curious as to what your understanding of the situation was.

Offline AJ

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
Thanks, I was just curious as to what your understanding of the situation was.

As far as context of this thread.
Quote from: andrewfi
Even if one takes the view, as I do, that the primary business of Adate is not people who want to get married to foreign men and women, it seems to me that they are guilty of no wrong doing here.
Seems the most appropriate understanding andrew could impart.

There is still no really good explanation for why the affiliates are paid per minute of chat.
As middlemen ,with overhead, to help facilitate RW reading and interacting with men on a website?
Most are plenty capable of that on their very own,  as easily seen on several popular dating sites.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »

Quote from: andrewfi
Even if one takes the view, as I do, that the primary business of Adate is not people who want to get married to foreign men and women, it seems to me that they are guilty of no wrong doing here.
Seems the most appropriate understanding andrew could impart.

I agree, Andrew summarized it well in my humble opinion.

Registration