The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My time with Ms. Novosibirsk  (Read 10712 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Re: My time with Ms. Novosibirsk
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:34 PM »
She feels how I am able to touch her anywhere I want, when I want, and that any efforts on her part to deflect my desires are futile.  She feels that I am strong with my sword but that do not need to rely on force, but rather I can accomplish what ever I want with smooth, eloquent motions. 

:chuckle:

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »
After reading that I was just reminded of the classic Eagles song Hotel California and the line where he says "they stab her with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast"   :nod:

PS  I took fencing in college, and my first Instructor was a Hungarian/Russian who was a saber champion for Russia in 1956, RIP.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
sounds like a great girl and you are playing it just right! Glad she wasn't turned off by your place, that's unusual and special.

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2013, 01:03:36 PM »
sounds like a great girl and you are playing it just right! Glad she wasn't turned off by your place, that's unusual and special.

Yes, I was worried for you after you described your place  :)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2014, 01:31:52 AM »
Ward, are you planning on completing this TR, come on, we need at least one more installment by the end of the month  :laugh:
Слава Україні

Offline AJ

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
Was this story continued in another thread ?
or are we left hanging?

Just curious:)

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2014, 07:01:10 PM »
or are we left hanging?

No, it is not continued on another thread.  I should continue with the story but I'm just out of energy.

Offline vendelo

• Spouses Country: USA/Hong Kong
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
or are we left hanging?

No, it is not continued on another thread.  I should continue with the story but I'm just out of energy.

I know the feeling. Writing a thorough TR takes effort and energy! Still considering outsourcing the remainder of my Brasil TR.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »
or are we left hanging?

I know the feeling. Writing a thorough TR takes effort and energy! Still considering outsourcing the remainder of my Brasil TR.

I hear Bruce Lee is available   :chuckle:

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2014, 09:39:33 PM »
or are we left hanging?

This probably could be a micro topic on its own.

I think men start these TR's thinking it'll be a fun & painless way to tell his travel story.  This can change once the guy realizes his typing skills are rather slow, or within a few installments, realizes it can take a few hours to get a decent sized installment posted. As one begins typing he gets into more detail, all the while trying to make his story a good read, and without coming across as a power point presentation.
 I have about 50 installments in my TR, each one took me about 3 hours to type out, as I would sit down and pound it out all in one shot, without having a full idea what I was going to type.  So about 150 hours later the TR was finished. 
 I suspect many TR's go unfinished based on this alone, other issues like a trip gone wrong, or just giving up after a trip or two.  Even though I was immune to any negativity, I would also suggest guys drop writing the TR like a stone once the criticism from other members begin. Who needs to hear it when you're spending hours typing a story?

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2014, 11:29:44 AM »
or are we left hanging?

This probably could be a micro topic on its own.

I think men start these TR's thinking it'll be a fun & painless way to tell his travel story.  This can change once the guy realizes his typing skills are rather slow, or within a few installments, realizes it can take a few hours to get a decent sized installment posted. As one begins typing he gets into more detail, all the while trying to make his story a good read, and without coming across as a power point presentation.
 I have about 50 installments in my TR, each one took me about 3 hours to type out, as I would sit down and pound it out all in one shot, without having a full idea what I was going to type.  So about 150 hours later the TR was finished. 
 I suspect many TR's go unfinished based on this alone, other issues like a trip gone wrong, or just giving up after a trip or two.  Even though I was immune to any negativity, I would also suggest guys drop writing the TR like a stone once the criticism from other members begin. Who needs to hear it when you're spending hours typing a story?

While I can take the criticism and listen to the opinions positive or negative it does take energy and to a degree discipline to do a Trip Report. 

Some where I mentioned writing everything down is theruapitic - I still think that is true.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline AJ

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
or are we left hanging?

Ward- Thanks for the reply.
Seems like you had a lot going on with finishing the home regardless.

Perhaps when  you do have time a readers digest version for those interested in your story. It was/is a bit unique and started off well,no  matter how it stands now,good, bad ,indifferent..

(and really can anything be much more unpredictable than human relationships?)

Offline Justmd

« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2014, 09:54:29 PM »
I am curious as to what visa this lady used to visit our country?

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2014, 10:29:18 PM »
I believe he mentioned she had a tourist visa.
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 04:41:59 AM »
I am curious as to what visa this lady used to visit our country?

If not mistaken it was a tourist visa, there is another thread discussing this.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2019, 02:49:40 PM »
you mean here?
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2019, 09:47:11 AM »

It's 2019. Six (6) years since my last post here on this thread about Ms. Novosibirsk.  I am divorced. AGAIN!  How did this happen?  Well, I will do my best to rewind the clock and pick up the story from where I left off six years ago.  Many details will have faded into the ether but maybe this will allow for a different kind of perspective on the story.  Perhaps something akin to "How I met your mother" except without any children who might be interested in hearing the story.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2019, 01:06:16 PM »
I will find it interesting.
real satires are better than Fiction.
Hopefully the Mod crew can keep the BS
to minmum.

Offline Manny

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2019, 03:42:46 PM »
Hopefully the Mod crew can keep the BS
to minimum.

I'm all over it, crack on, Ward.  :nod:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2019, 09:51:44 AM »

So the first thing we have on our agenda (after fencing) was to hike the Grand Canyon.  Many people here on the forum warmed me against taking a Russian woman on such an "adventure" but I did it anyway.  I had most everything we would need for the trip organized and ready to go with the exception of a few things, like moleskin, that we went together to REI to pick up.  Ms Novosibirsk found it interesting how easily I would strike up conversations with perfect strangers about nearly any random topic.  I didn't think much of it at the time but I realize now how different this was for her coming from Russia were people have a more stoic, keep to yourself, demeanor in public (correct me if I am wrong).  One conversation I had with the cashier ended up being VERY helpful to us on our trip.  I mentioned to her that we were going to hike the Grand Canyon but didn't have a overnight camping permit.  I've done this many times and have always been able to get one the morning of the hike for a small group to stay the night at Phantom Ranch.  But that was in February in the 90's when I was college over President's day weekend.  Maybe things would be different in September of 2013.  The cashier told me that they have an unlimited number of permits to stay the night a mile or more outside of established campgrounds.  This information ended up being VERY valuable to use in this trip.  We got home, packed everything up and headed out from Salt Lake City to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2019, 04:25:12 PM »

It is an eight and a half our drive from Salt Lake City to The South Rim of the Grand Canyon.  So we spent a lot of time in the car together listening to country music and talking about whatever, I can't really remember.  I do remember, however, stopping in Beaver, Utah for lunch because she ordered something, I think it was a sandwich, with Jalapenos on it.  I told her that they were hot and helped her pick them out.  She said that it was just right with the amount of heat from the peppers just touching the rest of the food.  I later learned that Russian food is not so spicy and it would take her a while to acclimate to things like hot peppers.  I also remember her enjoying honey mustard. She must have also ordered a salad?  I would later learn that, "You Americans have so many sauces. How do you remember what to use each of the them on?"

We arrived at the South Rim with enough time to look around and relax before finding a place to set up camp and go to sleep.
ila_rendered

That morning we went to the permit office to get our permit for the night at Phantom Ranch like I had done in the past.  But this time they told me that there were no more permits available for Phantom Ranch.  :(  What!?  I tried to explain that she had come all the way from Russia to hike the Grand Canyon but that didn't help.  So I asked about the permit for camping outside of the establish camp sites that the cashier at REI had told me about.  They gave me one of those and I started to get a bit nervous about how this "adventure" would turn out.  I only met this girl in person two days ago and we are getting ready to head to the bottom of the Grand Canyon together with everything we need in our packs.  I of course placed most everything in my pack to make hers as light as possible.

The hike down the Kaibab Trail is steep with no water but we didn't seem to have troubles along the way.  The Black Suspension Bridge at the bottom was a welcome site but my legs were tired and the though of having to hike another mile away from Phantom Ranch did not sound fun and it was getting late.  We went to Phantom Ranch to fill our water bottles before heading out and couldn't help but notice that there were many unoccupied sites.  I really didn't want to hike any father and the sight of those unoccupied sites was just to tempting.  So we went to one them and discussed it.  I decided to set up camp there and place our permit such that it was easily visible from a distance but difficult to get to so that you couldn't easily read the details.  I had no idea if this was going to work or not but I just couldn't bring myself to hiking AWAY from this unoccupied camp site.  Ms Novosibirsk wanted to soak her her feet in the stream nearby so we enjoyed that together.  We cooked whatever we had brought along with us and went to sleep.  Should I mention anything here about how I wanted to have sex with her in the tent that night but was concerned that she might not have been interested in such a long day hiking?  I guess I just did.  Anyway, looking back ... I really should have.  :evilgrin0002:  She would have enjoyed it.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2019, 11:27:46 AM »

Here are some pictures I meant to include into my previous post before we headed down the Kaibab Trail.
ila_renderedila_rendered
And here are some pictures I meant to include when we reached the Black Suspension Bridge.
ila_renderedila_rendered
If a moderator can allow me to modify my last post I will combine these to posts.  Otherwise I guess this is how it will be.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2019, 11:39:56 AM »

It's morning. And nobody bothered us about our use of the campsite. Sweet!  Well, I'm a morning person so I'm always enthusiastic about starting the day with a good breakfast before packing it up and heading out.  This is going to be a long hard hike to the top.  I am hopping that Ms. Novosibirsk is up for it.  Up is a lot more work than down.  But she is younger than me (24 vs. 39) and I am carrying most of the gear.  Hiking in the morning is always nice because it is still cool.  We make it to Indian Garden in good time and I've always estimated that to be about halfway to the top so we stop there for lunch.  It is starting to get hot so we relax in what shade we can find and the cuddle together.  It's really nice being here with Ms. Novosibirsk.  I can't believe this is real.  I've been dreaming of finding a good Russian woman to fall in love with and this one just flew here to see me. Unbelievable!  I've only known her for a few days but this is better than I have ever imagined.  I don't really want to ever get up and hike the rest of the way out.  But I know I can't just stay with her here in my arms forever either.  So we eventually resolve to continue our adventure to the top.  The last mile is always the hardest.  In the past I've always been able to be the one who makes it to the top first and goes back to relieve any friends who are struggling of their burdensome load so that they can hike the rest of the way without their pack.  But it is becoming apparent to me that this is not going to be the case this time.  I've never struggle so much that last mile.  It seemed like I was talking to rest every few steps.  And Ms. Novosibirsk didn't seem to be having any difficulty at all.  Am I getting old?  Or did I just assume to much of the burden?  I don't know, but she doesn't seem to bothered waiting for me and my slow pace.  Of course we eventually reach the top and I feel just fine once I know I don't have to carry the pack any farther.  We take some photos and enjoy a nice dinner at the Bright Angel restaurant before setting up camp and going to sleep.

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2019, 02:30:51 PM »
Enjoy the hike from my computer :)
some amazing pics.

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2019, 07:59:20 AM »

It's morning and time to pack up camp and start making our way back to Salt Lake City.  Before her arrival here Ms. Novosibirsk had mentioned that she wanted to visit a place called "Antelope Canyon".  I had never heard of this and immediately assumed that she was talking about Antelope Island.  But I was wrong, there is a beautiful canyon near the Grand Canyon called Antelope Canyon I made plans to visit that on our way back ... but I took a wrong turn somewhere and was well on our way back toward Salt Lake City before I realized this.  When I told her this she seemed to be okay with not seeing it so we continued on toward our next waypoint, Bryce Canyon.  Can you believe I've lived most of my life in Utah and have never been to Bryce Canyon?  But to be honest there are a LOT of wonderful things to see here in Utah and I am continually finding new and exciting places to visit.  Anyway, we enjoyed our drive through Zion National Park and our short hike through Bryce Canyon.
ila_renderedila_renderedila_renderedila_renderedila_rendered