The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Jack Bragg - aka Nunya - RIP.  (Read 12054 times)

Offline Donhollio

Re: Jack Bragg - aka Nunya - RIP.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 08:49:59 AM »
 My first communication with Jack dates back to the mid 2000's. I was in Dnepropetrovsk, and he was in Kiev. We set a few SMS, but never met. In the years that followed, Jack and I occasionally exchanged some PM's, and he even offered any girl from his portfolio for me to contact for free. He said that he hadn't kept up with it, and felt it was out of date with who was still actively searching.

He had dozens in the folder, and his offer while welcomed, was never acted upon. I saw Jack as an honest man, who didn't put people before profit. I had heard through the grapevine that he was having health issues, though didn't know it was a form of cancer.

I remember Jack always offering to buy the first three rounds for people, I wondered what kind of condition I'd be in after drinking 1.5L of beer, and having to buy another round or two, anyway.

Thanks for posting a photo of him Vinny, its always good to put a face to someone who's posts you've read over the years.

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 01:47:28 PM »
My last email thread with Jack follows - a class act who always treated potential clients with respect in his unique no bullshit way.  I was not able to join him due to my own health event that has since been managed....

I am sharing this info because Jack was a big hearted guy who I am 100% positive would like to see his trusted network of providers still go on to prosper in his passing so in a small way may his legacy of process and connections and love of RU and UA live on:

NYE
« Sent to: cufflinks on: October 01, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »

Hey  Mike,  I am happy to hear of your potential interest in joining us in Kiev  over the Christmas/New Years holiday.   Finally we might meet.

I will follow-up with pricing on the ongoing thread soon. I have been a little ill past few days.

Jack

###

KIEV NYE
« Sent to: nunya on: October 13, 2012, 08:32:59 PM »
Jack:

Hope you are feeling better - please send pricing and links.

Cheers,

Mike

private email

To: powercufflinks@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:41 PM
Subject: hey Mike

Hello Mike,

I'll try to continue with that same thread regarding cost's for the Kiev trip for others to read later this evening.

Regarding my price for guy's to be part of our Christmas/New Years tour that price is $795.  A $200 deposit holds you a place with balance of trip due on November 15th.

Once we get you and your luggage to your flat one of our support personal will take you to the nicest, closest market to your flat and help you get water, juice, food, snacks, etc, for your flat.

We generally have a lot of "informal" parties, almost nightly.  Informal parties are these parties that just happen. On Saturday night December 29th we will have a big party at Hotel Kazasky,  located on Independence Square.  After our big party we will have an optional after party party I believe at  Radio Disco Hall. Great place to have after party party.   Some men may elect to leave the Saturday night party and go spend evening with a lady they met from the party.  Other guy's will give me the names of a few women they would like to invite to the after party party and these ladies will be invited.  Only ladies invited by you men can come to the after party party.

On New Years Eve will have a NYE party at my place which has balcony overlooking Independence Square as well the annual Fireworks display, the largest such display of the year.  Usually about 1 or 1:30am we will all go to a club. Most of us won't get home until 5 or 6am.

At the big party each man will have his own interpreter and each man will be able to meet all the ladies at the party. We will have food, drinks, Champagne, music.

Over the years I have developed a pretty good working relationship with some good Kiev marriage agencies.  These agencies give us discounted pricing on meetings as well we invite some of their ladies to our parties.  Every year the pricing for meetings change and I have not written the agencies yet and discussed what their prices are but generally they range from $35  to $40.  I usually do not send these links until I have received a man's deposit but as I have known you for such a long time I will send you the links to these agencies.

This is how our system works.  Look at each of these agencies and make a list of ladies you would like to meet. Send me this list.  Maybe you have 3 or 4 ladies from one agency, 5 or 6 from another agency, 7 or 8 ladies from another agency.  We will make a profile on you.  I will send each agency owner your profile and list of ladies from their agency you would like to meet. Each of the ladies on your list will be contacted, told of your interest to meet her and that you will be in Kiev in 3-4 weeks, would she like to meet you, yes or no.  You will be told of the ladies who have said yes to meeting you and you will tell me which of these ladies you would like to meet.

Each man on tour has an assistant. Your assistant, myself and agency owner will help set day and time for your meetings.  If you arrive on the 22nd, or 23rd, 24th, 27th, whenever, we will begin setting private meetings for you as soon as you arrive.   

Mike below you will see links to agencies I have worked with in some cases for several years.  In addition their is one other agency, Luba's, who does not have a website but catalog's of ladies, an old time type agency.  As well I recommend guy''s to use mamba. mamba is and can be a diamond on this tour.

http://www.bridgeoflove.com.ua/

http://www.woman-for-marriage-*Unapproved Link*/

http://www.agape.kiev.ua/

www.amelie-agency.com 

http://www.ukraine-international.kiev.ua 

http://tobealways.net/

http://www.ukraineloves.com/

WWW.UKRFAMILY.COM

With this agency below I have not really worked with in the past, did not get the type of discount I was hoping for.  A client who i sent to Kiev last week went to this agency and was told if they have at least 3 meetings they would be $50 a meeting.  I do plan to write Alex at this agency and see if he is willing to give us discounted pricing.

http://www.interdating.ua/

Mike I hope you can join us, would be nice to finally meet you. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Jack

Offline leeholsen

• Houston-NASA, the oil biz+too much country+western
    • Loveland Ski Area
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
Wow !

thats too bad, too soon for him.

i met him in Dallas 2 years ago for one of his annual spring parties. I was turned off too at first as he came off as a total salesman, but i came back to Dallas a few weeks later(used to live there) and we talked about his deal/program/trips and he's was great to talk to; real straight shooter.

Going to miss that guy, he was one of a kind.
Eat 'em up Houston Cougars !

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 03:35:20 PM »
Wow   I go away for a few days and thıs happens    :(

At fırst blush, Jack could come off as a bıt of a carnıval barker, and moddıng when he was battlıng was lıke tryıng to fıght a sh*t blızzard, but he was truly a good guy who took care of hıs people, and hıs clıents,

RIP

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Bud E

• Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
 I am so shocked to hear about his passing. I too never met Jack, yet it seems we must have travelled and visited some of the same locations since I have been visiting and enjoying Dnepr and other locations in the Ukraine.

I have communicated and received numerous emails from him in the recent past.

May God rest his soul. My prayers are with him and his family.

Jack, God rest your soul!  Bud

Offline lordtiberius

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 11:11:35 PM »
He loved his clients.  I was one of his detractors but Vinny's recollections gave him a depth that even I respected. Death comes to us all.  Rest in peace fellow traveller. 

Offline mervin

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
I just heard about the news the other day. Jack had been fighting cancer since last year, and I knew it was serious, but I didn't think it was going to be terminal. Check his facebook profile for more updates if you're interested.

http://facebook.com/jack.bragg007

Offline noelscot

• Spouses Country: Russian Federation
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 04:53:40 PM »
This is a tremendous loss. Jack was a solid guy. My condolences to his family and friends.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 10:05:00 AM »
These fora will never be the same without Jack and I fighting fiercely. We sure had our differences... still, RIP, Jack.

Offline AJ

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »
Just heard of this today.
:(
I've known Jack a bit since about 1998.. a big *biker* kind of guy, but without  bike!
He was always on me to get him a *deal* on a Harley.
The past few years he was having a  very good time with life in general,
until the more recent health issues.
 I hadn't heard from him in awhile,and sad to hear the news.

RIP Jack.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2013, 10:56:26 PM »
I never had the pleasure of meeting him in real life.

But, he will be missed as others who have gone before.

Now is just a time to pray for those who are grieving their loss.

Wayne

Offline loving

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2013, 05:54:27 AM »
I am very saddened to hear this news, and my condolences go to his family. Jack Bragg changed our lives and he is the reason my wife and I met and are together now. I think dozens of people could say the same thing. Yes he was brash but he was honest and supportive and a guy you respected more and more over the years as you got to know him better. Jack kept in touch with us in the years after our wedding. He is a genuine bloke. I will miss him a lot. I am sure heaven is having a rollicking good time, with lots of couple getting together, now that he is plying his skills there.

Registration