The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?  (Read 26523 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2014, 04:23:07 PM »
Bejarano, so, you are going to tell us that standard of beauty are uniform worldwide, or just that in China they happen to be the same as in, well, whatever country you come from?

Yes there are different races but you are going t have a hard time convincing anyone who is at al objective that there are lots of tall zoftig women. You'll be telling us that they are all blonde as well.

Bejarano, I know nothing about you, but I think that you go around with eyes closed. Perhaps in the same way that many guys here think all women in Russia or Ukraine are gorgeous. If all you saw when you were there was a small slice of the people in a western oriented work environment then you will have been in the same kind of bubble that a whole load of deluded wife hunters in Ukraine find themselves. You will have been meeting the women I wrote about up thread, but how would you know otherwise?

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
Jeffrey and others for whom counting is a lost art.

Andrew I waited patiently for almost two days for you to answer my question and this is the best you can come up with? Sheesh!

First off, it would be nice if you actually answered my question instead of skirting around it. What is the number of attractive women in China, ROUGHLY?  250-300 women, 2500-3000 women, 26000 women or possibly more?

Secondly I have no problems personally with counting. That is actually part of my profession.

An average is a value around which most data points cluster.
An average does not shift just because there are millions of data points or very few (once one is past the minimum number to be statistically valid). Thus, most of the people (women) that one will see are average in appearance. A few will be attractive - but there's reasons why there's fewer than you think.

Trying to move the goal posts now Andrew are we?
When did you or anyone else talk about “An average”?

Go back and read your post (Reply #20) carefully.
You never stated 'average' until now.
You simply stated that “When you get to China you are going to see that there are not very many women that you'd see as attractive.”

No average. Just, “not very many women”.  Hence my question of quantifying “not very many women.”

I’ll be kind and give you two more days to come up with the number. Not an average, but a number.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2014, 08:11:06 PM »
 I'm not into Asians, but if I had to do this again I would spice things up a bit and find me a Caribbean black girl with a bubble butt, and a spread of Double BubbleTM pink for a clam.  :thumbsup:  No jetlag vacations for those 'going home' visits. No smog, (I've been to Beijing) No loud harsh foreign lingo to hear. Chinese always sounds like they're chopping the shit out of something when they speak, am I the only one?
 I'll take the warm sea water, cool drinks, and a relaxed atmosphere  :8)

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2014, 08:39:13 PM »
I recently tried dating in Malaysia and Thailand whilst travelling on my way to FSU and it was a very positive experience and was a much more enjoyable experience than the Ukrainian & Russian women I have dated thus far. It might be heretical to say on a forum like this but it has been my experience  :)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2014, 09:32:07 PM »

I have to say, that is the biggest load of complete and utter shite I have ever read about Chinese women.

Andy, is an expert in all things. It doesn't matter whether he has experience or
not, knowledge or not, simply because of his super brilliant brain he is able to
pontificate on any subject and is always right. If you disagree with you will find
he is also an expert in psychology and will assign you a number of brain maladies
or psychological conditions and of course call you a liar.

Just because you have much more experience and knowledge regarding a subject
than him as has been proven time and time again that his expertise is greater
than all others in all situations and because of that he should never be questioned.

I put the blow hard on ignore and don't have to read his expert opinions on matters
he knows little about or his opinions expressed as facts.

Udachi

Bill

Precisely my practice as well.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »
I recently tried dating in Malaysia and Thailand whilst travelling on my way to FSU and it was a very positive experience and was a much more enjoyable experience than the Ukrainian & Russian women I have dated thus far. It might be heretical to say on a forum like this but it has been my experience  :)

Yeah, but some of us are cursed with not having much of an attraction towards Asians and having a significant attraction towards Slavic women.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2014, 10:01:32 PM »

Yeah, but some of us are cursed with not having much of an attraction towards Asians and having a significant attraction towards Slavic women.

That's a curse?  I guess it beats being a werewolf  :chuckle:
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Larry

« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »

I've never tried this but my friend who conducted a FSUW search and talked me into the search shocked me by telling me he was no longer searching for a FSUW but was searching in East Asia. After a trip there he said he could meet a girl who was as attractive as a FSUW but didn't have the 'tude.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2014, 10:24:34 PM »
The ladies I met in KL and BKK were highly educated, attractive, kind and easy going, definitely lacked the attitude of some eastern Slavic girls I have dated before where everything seemed like a test that you were being assessed upon. Was a real eye opener TBH.

Also the Asian FSU ladies I met in Central Asia were much more enjoyable company than the eastern Slavic girls I have dated previously. That has been my experience thus far.

I actually said to myself after being in S.E. Asia that my days of FSU dating are over ... until I met one remarkable lady in Almaty so I am being pulled back there again and I seem to have no control over this, its like a gravitational pull  ;D

Offline bejarano

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2014, 11:32:29 PM »
Bejarano, so, you are going to tell us that standard of beauty are uniform worldwide, or just that in China they happen to be the same as in, well, whatever country you come from?

Because as you know Andrew, beauty is subjective, you should have qualified the statement you made as such and said that in your opinion, long black hair and slender legs don't do it for you. That is fine if your type leans towards Slavic beauty but I will say this, every man I know who has lived and worked in East Asia soon gets 'Yellow Fever' I didn't like that look of woman either but I soon did, because, there is a lot of beauty out there. And if there are 750 million women within your vicinity, you will find sooner rather than later, someone that switches your lights on.

Yes there are different races but you are going t have a hard time convincing anyone who is at al objective that there are lots of tall zoftig women. You'll be telling us that they are all blonde as well.

Yes, I have lived there, you are calling me a liar? Well, like you told others in the previous post, get on the plane and see for yourself.

Bejarano, I know nothing about you, but I think that you go around with eyes closed. Perhaps in the same way that many guys here think all women in Russia or Ukraine are gorgeous. If all you saw when you were there was a small slice of the people in a western oriented work environment

I was one of three westerners working within a 2000 plus workforce and I lived in Henan province and in my city, I was one of the handful of foreigners in a city of 5 million people (not that big for Chinese standards) not every Chinese woman is gorgeous and I know not every Russian woman is gorgeous, the one thing Russian women have over them all is not their looks but if they like you - you know about it. Chinese women have their own positive points that you would only know after you lived there.

Then you will have been in the same kind of bubble that a whole load of deluded wife hunters in Ukraine find themselves.

Seeing as I lived in no 'expat bubble' your argument falls to pieces.

You will have been meeting the women I wrote about up thread, but how would you know otherwise?

There are 250 million learners of English in China, the majority of those being women, so I was meeting:

Shop girls
Students
Teachers
Police, army or civil servants
Office Workers

Most have degrees and a good education, most have had one previous boyfriend or even none at all, a lot of them are virgins and a lot of them are sweet, nice and a bit naive but honest in their intentions.

So, the main crux of my argument is that if you want a nice woman then you will find everything that you want in China. Try it!  :)

Offline bejarano

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »
He is not as new as you think.

Bejarano was here a loooong time ago. He just didn't say much. :)

Always glad to be back.

Offline bejarano

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:32 PM »

Always glad to be back.  tiphat

Offline bejarano

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »

Always glad to be back.  tiphat

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2014, 12:19:15 AM »

You will have been meeting the women I wrote about up thread, but how would you know otherwise?

There are 250 million learners of English in China, the majority of those being women, so I was meeting:

Shop girls
Students
Teachers
Office Workers

Most have degrees and a good education, most have had one previous boyfriend or even none at all, a lot of them are virgins and a lot of them are sweet, nice and a bit naive but honest in their intentions.

So, the main crux of my argument is that if you want a nice woman then you will find everything that you want in China. Try it!  :)
(emphasis above mine)

Probably more than 250 million. The Chinese government is pushing students to learn English in school and in college and university it's mandatory to varying degrees depending on your course of study. Anyone in the business community and anyone who wants to work overseas or work locally with overseas businesses is trying to learn English. Five hundred million wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility IMHO.

The Chinese are a very practical people. They realize Mandarin will never be the world's language of business or politics so they're simply out to master English. Are you a native speaker of English and have a degree in anything? You can teach English in China. Unofficially you probably don't even need a degree or even to be a native speaker of English.

Want to work in Shanghai or Beijing or Shenzen or any major urban area in China teaching English? You've got a job, it's really the closest thing to a sure thing there is. Of course you've got to pay your way to China and the pay isn't the greatest but you can live on it locally. For a recent college graduate it's a start.

bejarano have you ever seen Dashan perform? He puts on a fantastic show.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline bejarano

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2014, 12:29:38 AM »

Shop girls
Students
Teachers
Office Workers

(emphasis above mine)

Probably more than 250 million. The Chinese government is pushing students to learn English in school and in college and university it's mandatory to varying degrees depending on your course of study. Anyone in the business community and anyone who wants to work overseas or work locally with overseas businesses is trying to learn English. Five hundred million wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility IMHO.

The Chinese are a very practical people. They realize Mandarin will never be the world's language of business or politics so they're simply out to master English. Are you a native speaker of English and have a degree in anything? You can teach English in China. Unofficially you probably don't even need a degree or even to be a native speaker of English.

Want to work in Shanghai or Beijing or Shenzen or any major urban area in China teaching English? You've got a job, it's really the closest thing to a sure thing there is. Of course you've got to pay your way to China and the pay isn't the greatest but you can live on it locally. For a recent college graduate it's a start.

bejarano have you ever seen Dashan perform? He puts on a fantastic show.

Never seen a full performance though I have seen DaShan in an interview and my girlfriend at the time remarked on his perfect Beijing accent, if you go past the Canadian embassy in Beijing, you see a big picture of his face sticking out from the grounds, a remarkable man indeed.

But you are right on everything else in your post, English learning has took off massively as it is a mainstay of the Gaokao exam (thought they are removing the English component in some provinces in the future) and as you say, the lingua franca of the region for business and commerce.

My point being regarding Andrewfi is that there are plenty of women who you can converse with over there - a plus point - as you said if you have a degree then getting a job and making a reasonable living is as easy as buying a plane ticket.  :thumbsup:

Offline KenC

« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »
Wow!  It's been a long time since posting here.  (Manny, your news letter worked as it piqued my interest)  As it happens, I actually may have something relevent to say on this subject as I now have been married to a Chinese lady for over a year.  Below are my observations of the Asian Internet dating/introductions for marriage scene:

Probably one of the oldest foreign bride search organizations is Cherry Blossoms,  They have been around longer than the Internet.  They sent out catalogs of Asian women looking for foreign husbands years before anyone thought of a mouse as something other than a rodent.  I would guess that 70% of CB women are Filipino, 20% Chinese with other countries (including FSU) making up the final 10%.  As a side note, there are very very few Japanese women on the site .  I believe that CB started with a concentration on Japan. Of course there are many websites that focus entirely on China.

My reasons for "going Asian" were that I believed that Asian women held their beauty much better than FSUW or AW.  As I was seeking a more "age appropriate" woman, this was more important than someone looking for a younger woman.  I also believed that Asian women would have a much more calm personality over a FSUW.  Not submissive but less confrontational and less emotional.  I found both to be true with my current wife.

No one here will get an argument from me that Eastern European women are the most beautiful in the world.  It is just a matter of priorities.
KenC

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2014, 11:04:04 PM »
Long time no see, Ken.  tiphat

How do you find the cultural differences? How is your wife adapting to the States?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2014, 12:39:55 AM »
I also believed that Asian women would have a much more calm personality over a FSUW.  Not submissive but less confrontational and less emotional.  I found both to be true with my current wife.

That probably has as much to do with the several decades difference in age to your former wife than any "cultural" or ethnicity differences.  :)

Offline KenC

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2014, 01:06:03 AM »
I also believed that Asian women would have a much more calm personality over a FSUW.  Not submissive but less confrontational and less emotional.  I found both to be true with my current wife.

That probably has as much to do with the several decades difference in age to your former wife than any "cultural" or ethnicity differences.  :)
Several?LOL I don't know.  My ex Mother-in-law was wired just like her daughter (a little too tight)

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:10 AM »

Several?LOL I don't know.  My ex Mother-in-law was wired just like her daughter (a little too tight)

Hey KenC welcome back,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2014, 01:22:27 AM »
Hello Ken  tiphat

It has been a while.  Glad to see you have bounced back and found another partner.  Is business better now?  I remember you were hit hard by the 2007 recession. 

We are still together and the girls are growing up fast.  Don't be a stranger.  I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Best Wishes from us all   :thumbsup:

Offline KenC

« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2014, 01:22:48 AM »
Long time no see, Ken.  tiphat

How do you find the cultural differences? How is your wife adapting to the States?
The Chinese culture is way strange for me.  Remember, I am Russian so I had no real adjustment to make with my Russian ex.  I am enjoying the different culture but it is not being forced upon me.  Ping accepts American customs quite willingly and doesn't criticize them too much.

Adaptation is like night and day difference.  My Chinese wife is like a sponge, had a network of friends across America upon arrival and very quickly made many local friends and business contacts.   This flies in the face of logic too as one would think a younger better English speaking woman would adapt much quicker.

Offline KenC

« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2014, 01:27:40 AM »
Hello Ken  tiphat

It has been a while.  Glad to see you have bounced back and found another partner.  Is business better now?  I remember you were hit hard by the 2007 recession. 

We are still together and the girls are growing up fast.  Don't be a stranger.  I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Best Wishes from us all   :thumbsup:
  I had business, health and wife go sideways all at once.  The good news is that I'm alive, comfortable and happy.  Glad to hear you are well.

Offline KenC

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »

Hey KenC welcome back,

Bill

Thank you Bill.  What is your current status?

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2014, 07:05:12 AM »
It is always nice to see you posting Ken.  Stop by more often. 

Your discussion about Cherry Blossoms brought back a lot of memories.  Back in the days mice ate cheese I was really into Cherry Blossoms.   That was one of  my early ventures into the foreign women scene.  I always thought they were a well run business and a good service. 

Most of the women in Cherry Blossoms were from the Philippines or Thailand.  I did actually receive my first letter from a Russian woman through Cherry Blossoms.  I never expected that and was amazed.  The USSR had just broken up.  She sent a photo of herself standing in front of the Kremlin and I showed that photo to everyone I knew.  I still had in my memory my childhood days during the McCarthy times when if you got a letter from Russia within a few weeks both you and all your neighbors would get a visit from the FBI who would investigate you.

A few more FSU women started to appear in the Cherry Blossoms catalog.  In those days they had not discovered western beauty secrets.  The photos were often with no make up, shoes that looked like combat boots, heavy woolen clothes and hair in a tight bun.  Cherry Blossoms actually posted something in their catalog around 1992 that read something like "You should not ignore Russian women.  They may not look very attractive because they don't wear makeup and have been taught not to smile for photos but underneath many are quite attractive."  How times have changed.

About that time Russian women learned about makeup and western clothes and probably a year later a friend showed me a catalog for Club Prima out of Houston which was all Russian women and I was hooked. 

I am glad you and your marriage are doing fine.   During my life I faced all three of the problems you faced but at different times.  As difficult as dealing with them separately was I have to admire you for handling all simultaneously and getting your life back on track.  My hat is off to you.  (figuratively since I seldom wear hats.) 

My son is currently about half way through the process of doing a CR-1 for his wife who is in Hong Kong but from the Philippines. 

I can recall before your problems when you talked about being married to a RW for nearly 10 years that seemed like an eternity.  I guess a lot of time has passed since we are now just 3 years short of that mark. 

Well, it was nice seeing you post and don't be a stranger.  We miss you and the wisdom you shared with us.

Registration