The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?  (Read 36728 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Chinese Women: The New Ukraine?
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 07:33:11 PM »
I suppose so, if women are a commodity to be purchased like automobiles.

See, I knew you would say that. And I do not think of women as purchasable commodities; and I think you know that.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 07:34:21 PM »
Its is the huge selling point isn't it? Be it in Russia/Ukraine or Asia. Guys like slim because our local women usually aren't. The ones that are, are often so heavily pursued that they get an inflated sense of self-worth, which creates it's own problems in a relationship.

Four sentences that capture what is probably the biggest reason guys go to FSU to find wives.  Certainly there are several other very good reasons but that is probably the biggest reason.

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 07:34:38 PM »
Is it just me or does Larry really like "slender" women?  :)

Its is the huge selling point isn't it? Be it in Russia/Ukraine or Asia. Guys like slim because our local women usually aren't. The ones that are, are often so heavily pursued that they get an inflated sense of self-worth, which creates it's own problems in a relationship.

If I want to buy a Corvette, I wont look in England or Belgium. In either country the car will be overpriced because its imported, "special" and different. If I wanted a Corvette, I would go to the US where I can take my pick of low mileage examples.........

Even after import costs, light conversions and local fees, the US car will cost less by the time it is on my drive than a local one would.

Similar, no?  :hidechair:

The analogy is completely applicable, and has the ring of truth  :-*
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline Halo

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2014, 07:38:43 PM »

See, I knew you would say that. And I do not think of women as purchasable commodities; and I think you know that.

I do know that you don't think of women in that way.  Which is why I was shocked at the analogy.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Manny

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »

I do know that you don't think of women in that way.  Which is why I was shocked at the analogy.

One uses analogies to make a point. The two chaps above seemed to get it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Halo

« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »
I got it too.  It was still a poor analogy.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline bejarano

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2014, 01:05:50 AM »
It is a funny subject (regarding slenderness) as for men in China, it is still a sign of pride to lift up their shirt and to expose a protruding gut in public. It is seen as a sign of wealth and that they are eating properly and of course, most Chinese people are slim.

My ex was seen as 'big' by Chinese standards though she only weighed in at 122lbs, she was 5ft 6ins and had big breasts and a nice ass, so there would be nobody here who would have seen her as 'big' (and been unhappy about it).  tiphat

Offline bejarano

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2014, 01:08:45 AM »

Manny was talking about availability. There are places where a certain prototype are more common.

In China, if you were writing a personals ad, you wouldn't put in
'Wanted, slim/slender woman' because the vast majority of them are.

In the UK or USA, that requirement might have to be pointed out a bit more clearly.

Offline Larry

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2014, 06:04:31 AM »

In the UK or USA, that requirement might have to be pointed out a bit more clearly.

I don't think I put that in my profile but from what I've heard from guys who have done that is that they get a lot of angry messages from fat girls.  I suppose that's what we get in the era of organizations such as the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance:

http://www.naafaonline.com/dev2/

Edited to add I just heard that the Chicoms are changing their idiotic one-child policy.  China will now allow all families to have two children.  It won't have an impact on bride-seekers for another 23 years or more though.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2014, 06:59:13 AM »

Actually the analogy was spot on. Relax..........geeeeez.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 07:04:07 AM »

I don't think I put that in my profile but from what I've heard from guys who have done that is that they get a lot of angry messages from fat girls.  I suppose that's what we get in the era of organizations such as the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance:

Actually, I state that I'm looking for "fit" and "in shape" on my current online dating profiles. I don't get hate mail, but I still get fat women writing me.

Offline bejarano

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »

Actually, I state that I'm looking for "fit" and "in shape" on my current online dating profiles. I don't get hate mail, but I still get fat women writing me.

Exactly, people are a lot more subtle about their preference by putting down healthy lifestyle habits which would/should scare off the fatties.

Offline Halo

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »

No, it isn't.  Comparing women to tangible assets is, well, appalling.

However, if you wish to continue the analogy, I will say that many of those posting here are incapable of looking under the hood of any model.  Which is why they need to import a model in the first place, and a slight majority of them end up with a defective product they eventually try to unload at the least possible cost to themselves.   

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 12:20:46 PM »

However, if you wish to continue the analogy, I will say that many of those posting here are incapable of looking under the hood of any model.  Which is why they need to import a model in the first place, and a slight majority of them end up with a defective product they eventually try to unload at the least possible cost to themselves.

:'(

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2014, 12:41:44 PM »

Offline bejarano

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2014, 04:18:31 PM »

Men do it with other men as well...

'He looks strong, he is built like a tank'

And women do it to men as well...

'He is so lovely I would devour him like a bar of chocolate'

So the faux-offence you have took is severely misplaced.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2014, 04:33:51 PM »

Men do it with other men as well...

'He looks strong, he is built like a tank'

And women do it to men as well...

'He is so lovely I would devour him like a bar of chocolate'

So the faux-offence you have took is severely misplaced.

And of course then there are the women, FSU and western, who are looking for a wealthy/rich husband. In this women are asking for more than men. After all, wealth, well managed, can last not only a lifetime, but generations. Beauty no matter how well cared for has a finite lifespan of a few decades.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Larry

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
And of course then there are the women, FSU and western, who are looking for a wealthy/rich husband. In this women are asking for more than men. After all, wealth, well managed, can last not only a lifetime, but generations. Beauty no matter how well cared for has a finite lifespan of a few decades.

This reminds me of the Craigslist posting that went viral on the internet seven years ago.  A beautiful girl asked for advice in finding a guy to marry in New York City whose income was at least half a million dollars a year.

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics — bars, restaurants, gyms

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults — I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them — in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

A guy who claimed to be a Wall Street trader made the following response:

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold... hence the rub... marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2014, 06:02:47 PM »

This reminds me of the Craigslist posting that went viral on the internet seven years ago.  A beautiful girl asked for advice in finding a guy to marry in New York City whose income was at least half a million dollars a year.

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy. I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics — bars, restaurants, gyms

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults — I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them — in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

A guy who claimed to be a Wall Street trader made the following response:

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold... hence the rub... marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

I remember that article. It's true in both cases. I've known more than a few women, even some high earning professionals, who have traded on their looks to marry money. Just as there have been many men who have used their money to marry a beautiful younger woman. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2014, 10:50:04 PM »
...I will say that many of those posting here are incapable of looking under the hood of any model.  Which is why they need to import a model in the first place, and a slight majority of them end up with a defective product they eventually try to unload at the least possible cost to themselves.

I liked this analogy and actually thought it rather cleverly spelled out  :chuckle:
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:14 AM »
Jeffrey and others for whom counting is a lost art.

An average is a value around which most data points cluster.
An average does not shift just because there are millions of data points or very few (once one is past the minimum number to be statistically valid). Thus, most of the people (women) that one will see are average in appearance. A few will be attractive - but there's reasons why there's fewer than you think.

If one is more than normally pervy for a 'type' that is not so commonly found in the UK or US then one might find a superficial attraction in China. So, if you are unable to find women attractive unless they are small, skinny with dark hair then yes, you might find more women to feed your fetish.

Here's a thing though, standards of beauty are noticeably different between Oriental and occidental. The women you might find attractive will, by local standards be not considered thus. 'Oh goody' you say, but here's the rub. The Chinese women over whom you have been fetishising don't really exist. The Chinese women you see in media are not in any way representative of the real women on the street because you are getting fed the Chinese restaurant version of Chinese beauty. A made up, fictional 'menu' only eaten by gwai lo.

Because the women you meet are chasing the 'local' ideals of beauty you will not see many women who appeal to your tastes because they are not aiming themselves at you.

Of course they are out there - they work in clubs and bars serving the needs of foreign business men, but they are not the women you are looking for, I think.

And yes, you will see some stunning women. Just as in your country they are rare and, just as in your country, they are unattainable to you. There's reasons for that too!
Not only are most women, just as anywhere else, not willing to move to another country to get married, to most of these women you look disgustingly ugly, you smell bad and you are just too damned big.
Yes, there are women who have trained themselves to overcome these issues, many of them can be found as mentioned above, serving your needs in clubs and bars.

And, lets not get into the different races and ethnicities that make up 'Chinese' and the Chinese 'look' because that'll just mess with your head. But wait till you get on the big silver bird, then you'll see. ;)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline bejarano

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2014, 11:14:15 AM »
Jeffrey and others for whom counting is a lost art.

If one is more than normally pervy for a 'type' that is not so commonly found in the UK or US then one might find a superficial attraction in China. So, if you are unable to find women attractive unless they are small, skinny with dark hair then yes, you might find more women to feed your fetish.

Small? Skinny? There is every concievable body type amongst the women of China, you go past Beijing towards Harbin, you can find plenty of women between 5ft 8ins and 6ft. Northern China is full of that kind of woman, big boobs, nices asses, curvy. Not that you would know that though.

Here's a thing though, standards of beauty are noticeably different between Oriental and occidental. The women you might find attractive will, by local standards be not considered thus. 'Oh goody' you say, but here's the rub. The Chinese women over whom you have been fetishising don't really exist. The Chinese women you see in media are not in any way representative of the real women on the street because you are getting fed the Chinese restaurant version of Chinese beauty. A made up, fictional 'menu' only eaten by gwai lo.

Rubbish.

Because the women you meet are chasing the 'local' ideals of beauty you will not see many women who appeal to your tastes because they are not aiming themselves at you.

Though there are women who wouldn't dream of dating a white man - there is a large minority who would love to. And the Chinese standard of beauty isn't that disimilar to western standards of beauty, apart from skin colour, white/pale skin is seen as the height of beauty whereas dark skin isn't.

Of course they are out there - they work in clubs and bars serving the needs of foreign business men, but they are not the women you are looking for, I think.

Rubbish and crap.

And yes, you will see some stunning women. Just as in your country they are rare and, just as in your country, they are unattainable to you. There's reasons for that too!
Not only are most women, just as anywhere else, not willing to move to another country to get married, to most of these women you look disgustingly ugly, you smell bad and you are just too damned big.

Zzzzz - how long were you in Shanghai for? Two weeks, it shows I have to say.  (:)
Yes, there are women who have trained themselves to overcome these issues, many of them can be found as mentioned above, serving your needs in clubs and bars.

And, lets not get into the different races and ethnicities that make up 'Chinese' and the Chinese 'look' because that'll just mess with your head. But wait till you get on the big silver bird, then you'll see. ;)

I have to say, that is the biggest load of complete and utter shite I have ever read about Chinese women.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »

I have to say, that is the biggest load of complete and utter shite I have ever read about Chinese women.

Andy, is an expert in all things. It doesn't matter whether he has experience or
not, knowledge or not, simply because of his super brilliant brain he is able to
pontificate on any subject and is always right. If you disagree with you will find
he is also an expert in psychology and will assign you a number of brain maladies
or psychological conditions and of course call you a liar.

Just because you have much more experience and knowledge regarding a subject
than him as has been proven time and time again that his expertise is greater
than all others in all situations and because of that he should never be questioned.

I put the blow hard on ignore and don't have to read his expert opinions on matters
he knows little about or his opinions expressed as facts.

Udachi

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »
Yes the List of Andrew's expert abilities are quite impressive.
If you read here, you will read with amazement.
We here at RUA, are truly blessed with such a person,
to freely give us, his wonderful advice on all earthly things for free..

He is also and an expert in spinning, twerking and writing long detailed crap, that will
prove  beyond a doubt, he is correct, you are new and will learn this in time :)
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Manny

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2014, 03:44:31 PM »
He is not as new as you think.

Bejarano was here a loooong time ago. He just didn't say much. :)