The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: RU UA KZ Moscow Trade Shows and Biz Opps Thread  (Read 12694 times)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: RU UA KZ Moscow Trade Shows and Biz Opps Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2013, 12:59:06 AM »

On a plus note, Shell have the old petrol attendant back in action, now that's something I don't mind paying a few extra pennies on a litre of fuel for  :8)

Yes Shell carried out a survey and this is what came from it. They have had one at my local Shell for a couple of months now, but he doesn't seem to be around much lately for some reason.

Still my wife  has never filled the car herself. She is the only person I know who can drive a car for over 12 months and has never once filled it up. She cons me (nicely)  into it every time  :chuckle:

I was really shocked when this guy came asking me if I needed any help, like I need help putting some fuel in the car.... wasn't until he started filling up another customers car I realised what was going on  :laugh:

Think that's bad Chris, my mother has NEVER filled a car up in nearly 40 years of driving, and has no intention of starting now!! Spoilt!

:chuckle:  well I can tell you, my wife won't get away with it for 40 years, she might try but I know better  :-X   :hidechair:   :chuckle:
Слава Україні

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2013, 08:01:05 AM »

Offline ashbyclarke

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 08:54:55 AM »
File under mixing business with pleasure in UA:

http://www.returnofkings.com/2201/25-more-reasons-you-should-visit-ukraine

LOL Cuffers, it's about the only reason to visit though!!

A client of mine from Ukraine, who is quite large over there, wants to make another purchase, the order value is what I'd expect from a sole trader here in England, kinda sums up the value of the market over there really.

Add to that unreasonable contract terms and small margins, it's hardly an attractive place for business IMO.

Saying that I'm guessing it wont be long before they start catching.

Still, I'm going to do it for the sole reason that I can put down another future flight and hotel on expenses should I require it, options  ;D
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 06:32:40 PM »
This was a civilized convo with Halo...  I honestly see UA and Kiev as a natural beneficiary as the RUBUCKS trickle turns into a torrent:

In this case my instincts tell me the Pols were doing what they were told - Al Caponism runs amok there still.  And who does SM answer too - the Chairman of Russia Inc.  Eventually UA will be absorbed back into the "collective" not unlike China and its recent arrangements with Taiwan.

UA in the EU was a possibility but with the EU debt bondage system failing not likely now.

As I was told by one Muscovite the Euro is Shi* as they like Swiss Francs, Gold, GBP and then Dollars.

Once USA RU PNTR (Permanent Normalized Trade Relations just signed by Obama and biz permittees from US Corps lining up for biz permits and office space across Moscow) once profits flow and then flood markets UA is the natural beneficiary as RUBUCKS flood in and Kiev becomes the next natural PNTR office Base outside Moscow with Tiblisi and Astana quietly to follow - never forget that BHO is the Goldman Sachs POTUS.

What GS wants GS gets in DC, Beijing and most other Capital Cities, Capitol cities too including Ottawa.

Our MMTers know the truth about modern electronic currency systems and therefore let the WTO trading partners get away with a lot of lopsided trade as WTO and PNTRs are constantly gamed - so likely more beneficial to our trading partners than any Free Trade Zone agreements.  Massive free trade has proven to trump any nationalists agendas over the past 60 years so likely to continue.  Expect to see a lot more Russian biz/tourism to NYC LA Vegas and Miami as well as Cowboy BBQ country pardners!

Rooskies can't wait to get crackin and frackin!   

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 10:19:02 PM »
Hell must have frozen over Jim Rogers - George Soros Quantum Fund co founder who actually relocated from NYC to Singapore to be part of the Asian Century just gushed over Russia and Rubles as a good contrarian investment moving forward with a back handed compliment to Putin in thew process.

Or perhaps he was just distracted by money honey Lauren Listers rack and silver dollars?

Registration