The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: To tell, or not to tell?  (Read 31574 times)

Offline vendelo

• Spouses Country: USA/Hong Kong
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: To tell, or not to tell?
« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2013, 07:43:00 PM »
I also had a woman "entertain" me for 8 days on a VO. And just for you Vendelo it was a 16 year gap (woman in her 30's with a female child my own sons age). She had known all along our ages, and encouraged me to visit, and I was happy for her to know she had my total attention. We had a great time.
On the last day she told me she would never marry a man more than 5 years older!
I got in the translator she had used the first 2 days as "security"just to make sure I had really understood her properly. The translator claimed to be also shocked at this woman bringing age up on the last day instead of the first. When pressed on her wasting my time, she claimed she was just being a good host and that we had enjoyed a good time together, so what was my problem? She intended for us to be friends with benefits until she found a better option I guess, but I was less than impressed.
Luckily I have plenty of opportunities to be in FSU, unlike many of the guys from the US. Be very careful with VO......even with intimacy (:)

In my opinion, a 16 year gap between a 50ish guy and a mid 30s gal is not that unreasonable. It would depend on a number of things....

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: To tell, or not to tell?
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2020, 02:33:56 PM »
Del

Registration